Medieval Times: Ventorum [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunset_by_wlop-d7naacd.jpg
"Oh gods..."

~~ Lady Esta ~~
Activity: Tending Emory, the Horse, and Solider
Mood: Worried, Guilty.

Just as she thought that she would be done for, that is, until Emory was able to step in and stop the bandit. But this only caused the woman to worry even more out of her mind. She and Emory had known each other since childhood, and maybe it was their similar hair or frequent visits that Esta had grown very fond of the woman. She always thought of her as an older sister of sorts. She saw that Emory had gotten a bit more control over her own powers, the one that turned those to silver for a period of time, or permanently. Truthfully an ability to be feared. Esta didn't like being that one 'damsel in distress', since it really wasn't her thing. Instead, she grabbed the dagger that hit the horse, and threw it at the back of one of the bandits before he could attempt to land another attack on her whilst chanting. As the chanting had stopped, she witnessed Emmy using an ability that could have possibly killed her if not careful. After that, all that was seen were disoriented bodies, screams of pain and agony, almost causing the girl to wince as though feeling their pain from where she stood. However, her attention was soon, and quickly, drawn over to that of her friend.

"Emmy!"

The female screamed out, quickly dissipating the ice in order to run over to the old childhood friend of hers. The rest of the bandits were immobilized, and so she didn't care much for them. Both her and the horse seemed to be in a lot of pain, and gods cannot describe how lucky she was to be knowledgeable in white magic. Of course, they would have to capture the rest of the bandits, but she found it odd how large the numbers were at this time, how they were able to have so many weapons, and decent armor for battle. Maybe she under-estimated the travel.. Of course, bandits and the like were always trying to take the head of the royals. She took in a deep breath, as she didn't know who to heal first. "Oh this is bad.." She muttered, and soon turning to the knight that had fought off some of the lower bandits. "Grab something to tend the horse. Now." She commanded, and a surprisingly stern manner. The knight nodded, running into what was left of the carriage to bring out a first-aid kit to use on the animal. In the meantime, Esta was kneeling by Emory, rubbing her hands together as a white light enveloped her hands. The light of her magic was used in the way where it would slowly begin to heal the bleeding. It would slow down the bleeding little by little, eventually stopping the bleeding all together. "Lets see.. The regeneration spell.." She uttered, whispering a few words that she learned from her mother for the spell. Her hands slowly began glowing green, and she rest her hands gently on the most majorly affected areas; so her stabbed leg, and mainly her head. After a while, she found a male run up to the carriage, only to find the horrid scene before him. Yeah, it was that bad.

She was a little surprised, as she was unaware that other guards were following her. Of course, she didn't eliminate the possibility from her mind, but she was surprised, grateful, and slightly harboring regret. She was just trying to think about how many guards and knights were harmed in a battle that they were not ready for, and how much trouble she had caused for others due to her own selfishness. ".. I'm sorry.." She mumbled, still trying to heal Emmy. It didn't help how she didn't know about the rest of the knights. If she would have known, she would have told the majority of them to stay near the carriage. But she couldn't mull it over now. They were on the forest path, much further from Vestoria, and she was worried about another ambush. Though, right now, she should really focus on the task at hand. Without a single complaint, she walked over to the solider, and began to gently spread the potion over his back. Emmy really was impressive, to be able to make a potion that could clear heavy wounds. The other knight was tending the horse, gently as though it were a baby.

"I'm James by the way one of the guards you tried to leave behind just putting it out there."

Those words basically stung her ears, more specifically, that last part. All she could do was nod, as she wasn't one that was fond of blowing her top off at people. The king would have to wait for a while, as she would have to continue tending the injured before they could advance. She would also be riding the horse to the kingdom, as unprofessionally as that sounded, they couldn't exactly bring a broken down carriage to the gates. Once the potion was spread completely, she began to use the same regeneration spell that she had used on Emmy, proving to be quite effective as Emmy's bleeding should have settled down by now, or at least, the pain and the wound on her leg would have stopped bleeding and closed up. She rested her hand on his wound gently, allowing the green light to wash over the wound. At first, her hand being placed on his skin would sting for a moment, only to be washed away with pure relief. It was like all the tension in his back would have been released along with the pain. At least, that's how it was suppose to feel like. She was oddly silent, but who could blame her?

She felt guilty.

[spoili]It's fine @Presence
It's a good way to be able to interact with Esta that way, so that's perfectly fine. The more interaction, the more we can progress the little part of the story right?[/spoili]

Reactions: CrimDemon
Anton walked and came upon a most curious sight, a broken carriage, a wounded horse and a woman attending to a few wounded people. Their were also many bandits that were frozen but not dead but the more he looked the more he realized that most of the men were knights and the woman had an air of royalty though it seemed their was some tension between the two parties. He walked up to the broken carriage and the knights and spoke. "Do you need help?" He asks the knights and the woman tending to the wounded, he was unsure of all that was happening but it seemed interesting enough to grab Anton's attention.

Emory Ironstrike
Activity: Being Revived, greeting an old friend, discussing matters
Mood: Exhausted, In pain.

"Mother, would you like some porridge too? It's hot though, so you are going to have to blow." Her chestnut haired son Averey asked, he was the most beautiful thing in her life, he was majestic. His eyes shone and glistened a rose-like red as he spoke to her, she appreciated her sons beauty like she did with nature. She gently smiled at him.
"Of course honey." She murmured as she ran her small frail fingers through his silken hair. The boy let out a small symphony of giggles before turning to the peddler who owned the food stall in the market and asking for two bowls of porridge.
"As you may wish, anything for mi-ladys son." He smiled, and in return Lady Ironstrike smiled back at him. It had only been a few years ago when Esta granted her, her own land to watch over in Vestoria, she had become a Vassal, a lady, someone who Esta trusted her land with. Of course she wasn't the only Vassal Esta had, she probably had many others who had their own land but Emmy was still honoured.
"There you go mother." He smiled as he pointed to her hot bowl of porridge, they both took their bowls and headed to a small stone wall to rest and eat.
"Eat up my boy." She smiled at him and he looked at her, and Emory saw his eyes flare. At that moment she knew that he would eventually become a great alchemist.

~
Emory's eyes gently flickered open, she tries to get up with a slight struggle. As she could tell, her body was exhausted, there was no potion or magic that could get rid of being tired all you had to do was sleep. She had dreamed when she passed out. Dreamed of her son back at home. She sighed slightly before adjusting to her surroundings, what she saw looked like complete horror. There were bodies spewn on the floor, most were bandits writhing around in agony and others were the injured or dead bodies of Vestoria's dear soldiers. She gasped and put her hand over her mouth before getting up and going around to each soldier, saying the same prayer. "By the power of the God Eothy, I pray for you to be taken to Eothy's heaven's, I pray that you continue on up in the clouds with a peaceful and pleasurable afterlife, you have served Eothy well and protected nature. You have won many battles with Wisdom, but this one was out of your reach. May you have eternal peace with nature." She whispered every time, kissing their foreheads, however this was just for the soldiers, when it came around to sending off the bandits, she whispered an entirely different prayer. "By the power of the God Eothy, nature has taken it's direction to punish you to death for your sins. I pray that all the people you have wrongly killed will finally be at peace with themselves. Eothy will grant you redemption once you have suffered as much as you have made others suffer.Wisdom has once again claimed rightfully." She then closed both of their eyes.
She stood and began looking around and made eye contact with Esta, her dear old friend, rubbing lotion on a soldiers back. "My Queen, are you okay?" She asked in concern before glancing around to look for the injured horse. Her eyes drifted across the battlefield where the broken carriage lay and then to the soldier who was healing the injured horse. She had the urge to help the man with the horse but the queen's health was much more important. "I am grateful that you helped protect me as I was chanting and that you healed me." She murmured, she knew that it was Esta who had healed her because Esta used to practice her magic on Emmy, and she had the same feeling right now as she used to have when they were kids and practised.

[spoili]
ooc:
Peddlers- Travelling merchants who sold their goods from town to town.
It's good to know you're accepting about this and yes it is c:
[/spoili]​

Alexander Henry
Latrosalus

He paused as he heard the word ''skeleton'', His head shifted to the direction where they were positioned as a long but not so awkward silence fell upon the conversation. He walked over and knelled, His hand once again resting on his cheek. ''Seems cute..'' He whispered as he stared deeply at the skeleton. He looked back at the girl as she questions his presence, ''I'm here to kill a dragon, although i wasn't told where to look. I'm just assuming that it might be here or at least around these parts.'' He answered as he stood back up and glared deeply at the sky as he rubbed his chin in thought.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Zachariah Maxwell
"This was not what the royal guard told me I would do."

Arrows littered the around the carriage, the knights that was guarding the carriage only four remained from the original eleven including Zachariah. The two knights that survived the assault limps towards her majesty looking for medical attention but showed respect to her by kneeling down when they were near enough. The other one was tending the horse by her command though it makes sense to do so but shouldn't it be more important to gather the dead knights' body instead of letting them rot under the sun? It didn't matter they were far away from home territory and as much as he hated leaving his comrades body unless somehow someone manage to get a messenger to the castle as ask for reinforcement they would have no choice but to leave them here, unless someone could resurrect the dead. Hearing some shuffling of bushes Zachariah turns his attention to a man with dark hair wearing strange clothing, he almost unsheathes his blade but stops just as the man offered help "Thank you kindly stranger but unless you can revive the dead I don't see much you can do. My name is James by the way stranger." He states plainly but still trying to show some courtesy by standing up and bowing lightly.

He turns towards her majesty and whispered almost pleadingly."This man is a little strange, I hope that you won't reveal your standing to him lest he become some sort of assassin. Anyways I'll gather to bodies of our dead friends and..." turning to look at the bandits still moaning around them "Placing the bandits out of their misery." Just as he was about to do what he set out to do, he glanced at the now awoken white haired female praying for everyone, he could feel threatened by the presence but it was justified as she single-handedly took out a group of bandits albeit injuring herself. Turning to look at the stranger "If that offer still stands I could use some help gathering my comrade's body." asking the stranger tiredly. Zachariah slumps and gathered all the knight's body on one side before turning to the bandits unsheathing his blade. Walking over to one of the bandit that was wearing heavy plate mail or a metal death cage as his body as been twisted beyond imaginable mean but someone he was still alive and ask he Zachariah one thing "Please... Kill." No one should suffer like this, Zachariah raised his sword and swiftly impaled the bandit ending his miserable life or should have been just that if Zachariah didn't check the dead man's pouches. He took out a piece of paper from the bandit and it details about a certain convoy with little protection guarding a precious cargo, immediately going to her majesty Zachariah gave her the letter with a grim look. Wasting no time at all he ask her majesty a very important question "What do we do now?"

• Love
o_o_by_wlop-d7hxva8.jpg
"..."
~~ Lady Esta ~~
Activity: Scanning the area.
Mood: Guilty.

She was in a pretty tight spot right about now. Of course, it was a poor choice of her to think that they wouldn't be ambushed. They had few soldiers, and the only one that was in perfect health, was herself. So for now, she let the events replay in her head. How long had they traveled by carriage? If a horse were able to move that fast carrying such a large weight, they would certainly be able to carry people back in a short time span. She looked down, regretfully, at the male knight who didn't seem fond of her, at all, and took the letter. After asking that question, she didn't hesitate to reply. ".. How many knights were following the carriage?" She asked. She also wanted to know where the horses were as well, if they weren't killed in the battle. The horses would have been exhausted, but she should have been able to heal them. Well, she could resurrect others but it was considered a black magic of sorts, one where she refused to ever use. "We gather the bodies and put them around the carriage, and I will go back to Vestoria and inform the kingdom to come retrieve the bodies. I will also send a message to the other kingdom that the meeting will have to be moved to a few days later, as there are funerals to be held." She said, though, muttering that last part. She was never fond of funerals, and it was clear that her voice was shaking from under her breath. It wasn't from fear of going back alone, it was the regret of knowing that so many died because of her naive mind.

She looked over at Emmy, smiling weakly and nodded. "I'm perfectly fine... I'm more worried about everyone else. Everyone else had risked something trying to protect me. What type of queen.. Doesn't risk herself to protect her people..?" She asked, mumbling that last part. She looked as though she were about to cry, but she held it in, and held her head up high. "Emmy, you should get some rest until there is word from the others that there is a surviving soldier."

She had turned her attention to the male who seemed to approach the area, and was unsure whether they could trust him or not. However, Esta was still a little naive, as she trusted most or almost everyone. "... Yes, we need help.. Could you help gather the dead bodies? Emory, if you are feeling up to it.. Are you able to heal the alive soldiers?" She questioned. It was best to gather as many bodies as they could, and as many injured. They could possibly be dying as time was ticking, when they could be healed and done with. "We need as many lives as possible.. Emmy? You'll help with the wounds, right?" She asked, looking up at her old friend. She hoped that she would help with the healing, that is, if she were feeling up to it. They needed her potions. Esta wasn't very confident in her physical strength, which partly made her curse herself for being so weak. But no, right now wasn't the time to be sulking. She needed to be a leader, outside the kingdom. How else would she survive a war? She took a deep breath, and hopped onto a horse to return. "... Please.. Trust me?" She asked, looking down at the male knight. She had a feeling that he wasn't too fond of her and what had happened but who could blame him?

Before any of them would have a chance to stop her from leaving, she rode the horse back to the kingdom. She seemed to be experienced with that, as the horse was able to gallop swiftly and she was able to keep her eyes open, and ears sharp. She would return with reinforcements, and they would have to bring the knights back to the kingdom for a proper burial. Of course, she would attend the funerals. What type of queen wouldn't attend the funerals of fallen guards who had vowed to protect both her, and her kingdom?

The horse that the knight had tended was feeling much better, and was resting now. He stood up, looking at the small group and letting out a soft sigh. "Alright. One of us will have to stay here and look after the lady in case she passes out. Two of us can set out and gather the bodies. I'm not fond of the idea of leaving a lady by herself." He said, as the other knight slowly began to wake up. The knight that recently woke up would probably be staying with Emory, as he wasn't in the shape to walk back and forth with bodies of steel and armor. That left the three males to go gather the bodies.

Zachariah Maxwell
"This was not what the royal guard told me I would do."

Arrows littered the around the carriage, the knights that was guarding the carriage only four remained from the original eleven including Zachariah. The two knights that survived the assault limps towards her majesty looking for medical attention but showed respect to her by kneeling down when they were near enough. The other one was tending the horse by her command though it makes sense to do so but shouldn't it be more important to gather the dead knights' body instead of letting them rot under the sun? It didn't matter they were far away from home territory and as much as he hated leaving his comrades body unless somehow someone manage to get a messenger to the castle as ask for reinforcement they would have no choice but to leave them here, unless someone could resurrect the dead. Hearing some shuffling of bushes Zachariah turns his attention to a man with dark hair wearing strange clothing, he almost unsheathes his blade but stops just as the man offered help "Thank you kindly stranger but unless you can revive the dead I don't see much you can do. My name is James by the way stranger." He states plainly but still trying to show some courtesy by standing up and bowing lightly.

He turns towards her majesty and whispered almost pleadingly."This man is a little strange, I hope that you won't reveal your standing to him lest he become some sort of assassin. Anyways I'll gather to bodies of our dead friends and..." turning to look at the bandits still moaning around them "Placing the bandits out of their misery." Just as he was about to do what he set out to do, he glanced at the now awoken white haired female praying for everyone, he could feel threatened by the presence but it was justified as she single-handedly took out a group of bandits albeit injuring herself. Turning to look at the stranger "If that offer still stands I could use some help gathering my comrade's body." asking the stranger tiredly. Zachariah slumps and gathered all the knight's body on one side before turning to the bandits unsheathing his blade. Walking over to one of the bandit that was wearing heavy plate mail or a metal death cage as his body as been twisted beyond imaginable mean but someone he was still alive and ask he Zachariah one thing "Please... Kill." No one should suffer like this, Zachariah raised his sword and swiftly impaled the bandit ending his miserable life or should have been just that if Zachariah didn't check the dead man's pouches. He took out a piece of paper from the bandit and it details about a certain convoy with little protection guarding a precious cargo, immediately going to her majesty Zachariah gave her the letter with a grim look. Wasting no time at all he ask her majesty a very important question "What do we do now?"
View attachment 91823
"..."
~~ Lady Esta ~~
Activity: Scanning the area.
Mood: Guilty.

She was in a pretty tight spot right about now. Of course, it was a poor choice of her to think that they wouldn't be ambushed. They had few soldiers, and the only one that was in perfect health, was herself. So for now, she let the events replay in her head. How long had they traveled by carriage? If a horse were able to move that fast carrying such a large weight, they would certainly be able to carry people back in a short time span. She looked down, regretfully, at the male knight who didn't seem fond of her, at all, and took the letter. After asking that question, she didn't hesitate to reply. ".. How many knights were following the carriage?" She asked. She also wanted to know where the horses were as well, if they weren't killed in the battle. The horses would have been exhausted, but she should have been able to heal them. Well, she could resurrect others but it was considered a black magic of sorts, one where she refused to ever use. "We gather the bodies and put them around the carriage, and I will go back to Vestoria and inform the kingdom to come retrieve the bodies. I will also send a message to the other kingdom that the meeting will have to be moved to a few days later, as there are funerals to be held." She said, though, muttering that last part. She was never fond of funerals, and it was clear that her voice was shaking from under her breath. It wasn't from fear of going back alone, it was the regret of knowing that so many died because of her naive mind.

She looked over at Emmy, smiling weakly and nodded. "I'm perfectly fine... I'm more worried about everyone else. Everyone else had risked something trying to protect me. What type of queen.. Doesn't risk herself to protect her people..?" She asked, mumbling that last part. She looked as though she were about to cry, but she held it in, and held her head up high. "Emmy, you should get some rest until there is word from the others that there is a surviving soldier."

She had turned her attention to the male who seemed to approach the area, and was unsure whether they could trust him or not. However, Esta was still a little naive, as she trusted most or almost everyone. "... Yes, we need help.. Could you help gather the dead bodies? Emory, if you are feeling up to it.. Are you able to heal the alive soldiers?" She questioned. It was best to gather as many bodies as they could, and as many injured. They could possibly be dying as time was ticking, when they could be healed and done with. "We need as many lives as possible.. Emmy? You'll help with the wounds, right?" She asked, looking up at her old friend. She hoped that she would help with the healing, that is, if she were feeling up to it. They needed her potions. Esta wasn't very confident in her physical strength, which partly made her curse herself for being so weak. But no, right now wasn't the time to be sulking. She needed to be a leader, outside the kingdom. How else would she survive a war? She took a deep breath, and hopped onto a horse to return. "... Please.. Trust me?" She asked, looking down at the male knight. She had a feeling that he wasn't too fond of her and what had happened but who could blame him?

Before any of them would have a chance to stop her from leaving, she rode the horse back to the kingdom. She seemed to be experienced with that, as the horse was able to gallop swiftly and she was able to keep her eyes open, and ears sharp. She would return with reinforcements, and they would have to bring the knights back to the kingdom for a proper burial. Of course, she would attend the funerals. What type of queen wouldn't attend the funerals of fallen guards who had vowed to protect both her, and her kingdom?

The horse that the knight had tended was feeling much better, and was resting now. He stood up, looking at the small group and letting out a soft sigh. "Alright. One of us will have to stay here and look after the lady in case she passes out. Two of us can set out and gather the bodies. I'm not fond of the idea of leaving a lady by herself." He said, as the other knight slowly began to wake up. The knight that recently woke up would probably be staying with Emory, as he wasn't in the shape to walk back and forth with bodies of steel and armor. That left the three males to go gather the bodies.
Anton nodded and began transporting the bodies with care, he lined them up an blessed them. Even if they were not of his religion he could still ask Tzeentch to guide these lost souls to their paradise, when the young woman asked if he was able to heal anyone he turned to her. "I am not adept in the healing arts but I have excellent control over frost magic, I would be able to freeze their wounds so they will stop bleeding until they are able to get proper treatment." To some it may of sounded like Anton was boasting about his skill with magic but he was merely stating a fact since he had trained in frost magic for the longest amount of time. "My name is Anton by the way and if you would like I would be able to accompany you all to your destination, I see many knights here so you miss must be of some importance but how important is not of my concern. I am trained in combat and with how low your numbers are I would say that you need some help, I understand you and your knight here may not fully trust me and that is good for showing full trust in a stranger is dangerous unless you know what their intentions are or who they are so to reiterate my name is Anton but some call me Anton the prophet as I am the leader of a religion called the followers of Tzeentch." Anton explained to both the knight and woman as he would rather not have the knight watching his every move if he did travel with them and put the woman's mind at ease as she seemed stressed enough as it was.

[BCOLOR=#800000]K[/BCOLOR]ing [BCOLOR=#800000]A[/BCOLOR]lister
Kingdom of Alatum Hastam
The kingdom laid silent as no one arrived for quite some time which gave everyone a worried and questionable tone till a messenger took the place of Queen Esta in front of the throne. ''What is the meaning of this?'' The king asked the young messenger boy, his voice yet echoed but strong enough to induce fear. The boy bowed quickly as he spoke with a swiftness ''Queen Esta requests that the meeting regarding the two kingdoms be scheduled at a later date.. T-They were attacked by what would seem to be raiders of some sort nearing the path to the forest. They lost many men an-'' He was suddenly interrupted by the king as he sighed deeply with his hand resting on his cheek. Bored expressions overwhelmed the room as silence once again fell upon them. For a minute or two it would seem like no one would talk, it was awkward but scary at the same time. Sudden the movement of the kings hand from his face released the tight tension of the room as he then began to speak with a conclusion. ''Seeing how her kingdom is filled with such weak peasants i will send a few knights and two of my officers, Enya Dragonbane, and General Raikov to lead them to the castle of Vestoria. They will escort them instead of their weak soldiers... So, What are you waiting for? Leave my site.'' His voice so direct it stunned the young boy for a minute till he jumped up swiftly and ran to the exit to travel back to Vestoria to give the queen news.

Meanwhile as the boy left the king orders one of the throne guard's to bring Enya, and General Raikov to report immediately to the throne room for mission briefing.

@Cybermoon
@Wolfs rain
@Citrus

Emory Ironstrike
"What do I do now..?"
Activity: Helping Revive soldiers
Mood: Exhausted, In pain, worried.

Emory had listened to Esta's words carefully, looking around and nodding, she would try. After Esta had left, she rummaged through her sack to see that she still had quite a few healing potions left. She told the man that had kindly offered to freeze the wounds that he could do so to the soldiers that she didn't have enough potion for. She went round each soldier carefully spreading the jelly like substance on every wound she could find on each soldier. Soon they are surrounded by several healthy soldiers, they're all still exhausted from the fight but their wounds are now healed and have formed scars. There were three soldiers left over who needed their wounds freezing as she did eventually run out. She turned to the solider, Zachariah. "If you would like, I can restore the carriage with my powers? It would make a good place to put the dead soldiers for transport.. We'd have to wait for a horse though... or find a surviving horse, as many of you came on horses didn't you?" She asks him, she knew she was doing a lot... harming the bandits, saving the injured soldiers and now restoring the carriage.. but she would do anything for her Esta.

[spoili]
ooc:
The Elric brothers (Fullmetal Alchemist) can use alchemy to restore broken/damaged items to "perfect" condition. c:

[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
blue_rose_border_silver_with_dragons_by_cosmicdragonjazz-d828iwq.png

Silica "Blue Rose" VanEllan
th

"Even the birds quiet when a rose loses its petals."

Silica sat in silence. The wind brushed its whispy tendrils across the leaves, the ground. It was almost dusk. She'd been sitting there nearly for six hours. Her back had cramps and her legs felt numb, but her thoughts had taken her away, and in that six hours, she'd hardly existed. Her bow was rested on her knees, and she sat crouched in the crook of an old oak tree. The sky was turning a blood red and a dusky purple, blood and bruises. It was solemn. almost.
The ebon-haired girl sighed. She didn't catch anything today, which means she would go hungry tonight. No catch, no money, no food. Now that the seasons were changing, finding something to catch and sell was becoming increasingly difficult. However, she enjoyed this life. It was a life that not many could call their own. Silica was isolated from the world. The world of war, death, and crime. She could wander and not be hunted like prey. It was a sort of peace not many others could afford. Often times she would head into the city to drop off her catch, and the stone faces of those who saw war and death was something that Silica hoped she'd never have to witness herself.
Not that she's never seen it before.
Her father had returned when she was a child. His arm was gone, and his face half mangled to the point where she hardly recognized the man that would carry her on his shoulders and whinny like a horse in their petty little role-play games. Now that she looked back on it, it seemed so far from then. Billions of years separated her from adolescence and now. She was on her own. Alone. If she didn't grow up, she'd be dead. Like her mother. Father. Brother. Gone like the passing wind.
There was an entire world out there that Silica was not, and hopefully never, apart of. She could probably fend for herself. She was practically a master at melee and archery tactics. However, killing another human being for the sole purpose of defeat was not something that seemed like she'd want to do. It was murder. Malice. Never did she want to consider herself a robber of another man or woman's life.
She was neutral. There were kindoms and faith's and alliances that were scattered in thousands of places. She never thought to be apart of one. Why would a person swear their life on something so much larger then them? They were pawns. Pieces of a game that they had no idea how it was played. They died never knowing what their real place was. It was sad. So much death for nothing. She didn't have a single idea who was fighting who, or even if the war had ever ended. She only catches news from listening in the trees whenever a carriage would pass by. Other than that, she remained completely alone and isolated. As it should be. She was dangerous.
WIth a greater sigh, Silica bunched her muscles and landed home on the ground. It was sometimes hard to be so alone and quiet. Sometimes she often spoke to her dead animals. It was odd, and from that alone she knew she'd never fit in with people. There were too many oddities already in the world, and she belonged here. Too much death in the world for a little rose.
Besides, when people saw her, they shied away. She had black hair that often resembled a blue hue in certain light. Her face was soft and her expression always something close to sour. She loathed the world she lived in. There was always murder, or death, or something that made another's life horrible. It was sad. It was not a world she wanted to live in.
Despite everything, the world was beautiful out here. No blood. No death. She hunted and lived alone. There was nothing out here that could possibly change her life. She was safe out here. She hoped she was safe out here.
Silica began her walk back home. She lived in nothing but a small shack that held a bed and a shelf for her weapons. Her quiver full of self-made arrows bounced on her back, and her belt full of her knives and sword continuously hit her hips. She pulled down her bandana as she walked and allowed herself a lung-full of crisp, clean air.
The day was nearly over, which marked another unscessful day alone.

Reactions: Kame
Zachariah Maxwell
"I did not expect to queen to be so..."

Zachariah was dumbstruck with the combine effort of both Anton and Emory as they have effective rescued more than half the guards that were on the verge of death. Still the situation was less than ideal since her Majesty Esta rode back to her kingdom this will have repercussions since they were suppose to arrive in Alatum Hastam for some sort of political negotiation and angering the king of a military state was a very bad idea but he is just a lowly militia under temporary employment who was he to judge?. He sighed frustrated at the events and thought about leaving Vestoria as soon as possible if a war broke out.

"I thank you all the same Anton for your honesty and help." Zachariah said moving his hand for a handshake. Seeing the situation turn slightly brighter by the minute he was asked by Emory if he would like the carriage fixed. His eyes widen for a quick second before wearing his mask again "Yes, please fix the carriage if you can but try not to exhaust yourself. You already used a lot of magic power and you just recovered a while ago, it would be best if you rested instead." Zachariah said showing concern for the older female's zealotry to the queen, Esta.

After making sure that the knights that just recovered were resting properly by the carriage and has loaded the bodies in the carriage. He turned to face Emory and Anton curiously. For one thing Anton kinda just appeared after the battle has concluded and Emory on the other hand killed more than her fair share of bandits and the cost of her life energy as well as magic power. "Thanks for the help you guys this would have gotten sour if you hadn't come along. Still I'm curious what were your original destinations?" Zachariah asked his inquiry carefully.

Zachariah Maxwell
"I did not expect to queen to be so..."

Zachariah was dumbstruck with the combine effort of both Anton and Emory as they have effective rescued more than half the guards that were on the verge of death. Still the situation was less than ideal since her Majesty Esta rode back to her kingdom this will have repercussions since they were suppose to arrive in Alatum Hastam for some sort of political negotiation and angering the king of a military state was a very bad idea but he is just a lowly militia under temporary employment who was he to judge?. He sighed frustrated at the events and thought about leaving Vestoria as soon as possible if a war broke out.

"I thank you all the same Anton for your honesty and help." Zachariah said moving his hand for a handshake. Seeing the situation turn slightly brighter by the minute he was asked by Emory if he would like the carriage fixed. His eyes widen for a quick second before wearing his mask again "Yes, please fix the carriage if you can but try not to exhaust yourself. You already used a lot of magic power and you just recovered a while ago, it would be best if you rested instead." Zachariah said showing concern for the older female's zealotry to the queen, Esta.

After making sure that the knights that just recovered were resting properly by the carriage and has loaded the bodies in the carriage. He turned to face Emory and Anton curiously. For one thing Anton kinda just appeared after the battle has concluded and Emory on the other hand killed more than her fair share of bandits and the cost of her life energy as well as magic power. "Thanks for the help you guys this would have gotten sour if you hadn't come along. Still I'm curious what were your original destinations?" Zachariah asked his inquiry carefully.
"I had not destination, I am only looking to spread the word of my god to those who wish to listen." The mage said to the swordsman as he looked at the now reformed carriage. (Short post gotta go to work soon.)

Annette Grigor
Latrosalus
Interaction: Alexander Henry - @Edward

Annette tilted her head as she stared at the man, wondering what dragon he was talking about. She didn't remember seeing a dragon within the kingdom. Then again, she hasn't been everywhere within the kingdom, especially where they kept prisoners. "Dragon...? Dragon..." She thought deeply to herself, before giving him a small and sincere smile. "I'm not sure, but I did hear roaring some time ago, Ser." The young girl pointed towards the large corroded castle, her almost yellow eyes shifting between the castle and Alexander. "I think it came from the dungeons a week ago."

(Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't get notifications for this.)

ice_princess_by_wlop-d829uy8.jpg
"I pray nothing bad happens.."
~~ Lady Esta ~~
Activity: Going back to Vestoria >>> Sending Soldiers
Mood: Worried, Guilty.

She was riding on the horse, quickly and almost desperate to get back. That is, the horse that was galloping began to slow down. That's when it hit her, the horse was probably tired, exhausted (As though that weren't obvious enough). And there goes more guilty dumped onto her, how pleasant. She couldn't dawdle, however, she also didn't want to abandon the poor thing. After a bit of hesitation, she hopped off the horse, leading it over to a tree and allowing it to lay down. "Shh.. Go to sleep now okay? Get some rest.." She muttered, stroking the hair of the horse. It didn't take too long for the horse to rest. After all, it just survived a mass attack from bandits and such, so of course it was tired. If she wanted to leave them there, she would have to quickly return to the castle, and come back. Asides from walking all the way back, she could still fly.

Both were terrible ideas. She couldn't risk being spotted, and walking would take far too long. Oh wait, she had magic. Magic was usually used in many ways, transportation could have easily been one that was on the list. All this stress bust have been getting to her head, as she didn't even think about that possibility until now. Since she was unharmed, she could easily perform some sort of manipulation to allow her to travel quicker by foot, and so she came up with a great idea! With that, she began to use an earth spell to loosen the soil under her, prompting it to turn into mud. The mud wrapped around her feet, and she soon became just a tad bit more levelled. Okay, no one said that it would be a hygienic method, but it was a method no less.

With this 'brilliant' plan, she began to surf the ground, leaving a thin, mud trail behind her. However, the mud would quickly harden, turning back into normal soil as she passed so that people wouldn't be able to track her down, unless they could tell the difference between recently dried mud to soil. The trip would take a while, but at her speed, she was probably about as quick as a galloping horse.

A while of surfing later, she finally arrived at the kingdom's borders, and was let in the moment the guards saw her as they were able to recognize her. Everyone quickly led her to the palace, and that's where she explained the entire situation. The bandits, the knights, and how she had to postpone the meeting for another time. Yes, it may have been a stupid move, but she needed to do something about the soldiers. If she had to go to the meeting ASAP, then she would have to have the funerals for later. In fact, that might have been a better idea. ".. Please tell the king of Alatum Hastum that we are to travel to his palace as soon as this is all sorted out. I wish that I would be able to meet him tomorrow." She commanded the man, and he quickly left the castle with a guard or two. The other people were in a little bit of a panic, and she did try her best to appear calm and controlling. "For now... I have no idea how many soldier were harmed, or killed, nor do I know the number that came. But I ask that 15-20 soldiers come with me to the site, and help me bring them back. We will also bring 5-8 healers for those that are injured. Do I make myself clear?" She asked, in a much, much more stern voice. Everyone was silenced, and agreed.

A bit of preparing, and they were all set to go. She was offered a horse, but she refused. "I already have my horse waiting for me." She replied, and went on ahead with her mud surfing shoes. A few knights quickly tried to pursue her, keeping her in their line of sight only to find that she quickly approached the horse that was sleeping. Etta kneeled down gently, pulling her silver hair over one ear. "Psst.. Time to wake up.." She said to it, lightly patting on it's chin as it slowly woke up. It seemed to have regained it's energy. The horse stood up, and she quickly mounted it while waiting for others to catch up. They marched around, in front, and behind her, guarding her again before finally reaching the area. They did a really good job.

Before even thinking, she began to command the soldiers to different jobs. "Two healers are to stay by the carriage and first heal both that young knight, and Emory, the woman." She ordered them, both the healers quickly rushing over and attempting to treat their wounds with white magic and some potions. "Three knights are to stay here and help with the carriage. Everyone else is to look for the bodies in groups. Make sure to have one healer in each group." She said, as they all dispersed and began to look for bodies. All the injured ones were to be healed at sight, and all the dead were to be transported back to the carriage. Hopefully, she was doing this right.

She was lucky. She also received the king's message, and she was unsure whether he did that out of pity, or kindness, or even just looked down on them. Never the less, she was grateful, and thankful. "... Please tell the king that after all this is sorted, I will go meet him. I ask that one person is to come from his kingdom to escort me. I have trust and faith in his armies, and my kingdom's morale needs time to recover from the loss of so many family members." She told the man, and he seemed slightly annoyed and frighted, having to go back to that.

• Love
Emory Ironstrike
"I wish to speak with my friend..."
Activity: Being healed, talking to the Queen
Mood: Exhausted, worried, home sick.

Emory smiled at the soldier. "Well if I told you that, a lady wouldn't have her secrets any more." She murmured. She then turned away from the soldier and looked at the incoming troops from Vestoria. If there was one thing Emory hated, it was being healed. Not that she didn't accept magic from others, it was simply because of the fact that it made her feel dirty, impure, going against Eothy's word of letting nature take it's course. She sighed as she let the rather.. amateur healer work at her stabbed limb and frozen cuts. Once he had finished she gave him a kind smile, thanked him and then made her way over to the queen, who was making sure that everyone was doing their bit. "I must say, my dear friend, you have certainly proven your bravery by making such a quick decision, I just hope you don't see the day you regret it." Emmy spoke, genuinely concerned, referring mostly to her regretting pushing the meeting back. "You have most likely sparked the flames beneath King Alister today, and frankly, I must advise you that sending these soldiers to your 'rescue' is not an act of empathy, it is perceived more as a mockery. The King must believe that you cannot deal with such situations, he feeds off of your weakness. But, what would I know, I'm simply a Lord's daughter. Forgive me if I have spoken wrongly with my tongue." Emory murmured, advising her gently. She knew Esta, she knew that she also wasn't very happy. "But never the less, you have done the kingdom proud your Majesty, you are strong, and shall you think otherwise, I must remind you that you will progress." Emory stated, her aim was to motivate her friend so that she would continue to have confidence in her ruling. "I also have a proposition to make you, after recent events, I am more than grateful to offer to travel with you towards Alatum Hastum, I provide great company as you know and as for protection, I am fairly skilled in that too." She stated, making sure to stand her points, she had recently become very... poor, business in Vestoria in this season wasn't exactly booming, she not only wanted to go to Alatum Hastum to ensure the queens protection, but also to kik start this season with some large amounts of gold. Dragon hunter's were very keen on her potions, as many can cause great harm, at a price.

[spoili]
ooc:
Don't know how to include my son just yet :/

[/spoili]​

Reactions: Nano
Zachariah Maxwell
"Alright, safe."

Shrugging his shoulders Zachariah replied to Anton sarcastically "As long as it's not a God hell bent to destroy the world I'm sure you'll get some followers.". Just as he was about to take a seat on the dirt the sounds of metal boots clanking can be heard from a distance announcing the arrival of the Queen's reinforcements though their arrival was quicker than he had expected nevertheless he was eager to get back to his bunker and receive a well earned hazard pay. One of the healer rushes to Zachariah's side asking if he was hurt anywhere only with Zachariah shaking his head saying that the wounds had already close thanks to the Queen personal healing earlier. The healer nodded and dashed to one of the more wounded knight that Anton and Emory manage to stabilized earlier.

Most if not all of the bandits had already died from either Zachariah's mercy killing or the internal bleeding from Emory's spell. Then just as he was about to walk to the Queen to give a report the spell that he cast earlier had finally worn off, the pain and exhaustion that he had put off came streaming in like a torrent. Disoriented from the pain and fatigued Zachariah sat down on the dirt or one could say he fell on his hip. "Was wondering when it would kick in." Zachariah muttered under his labored breath. He tried getting back up but it failed, so he waited for one of the knights to give him a hand but they didn't as they were more focused on their comrades than a lowly militia, he sighed wearily.​

Reactions: Nano

th

"But he that dares not grasp the thorn, should not crave the rose."

The same thing. Every day. Wake up, hunt, travel and sell, and repeat. There was nothing new. The same trees, the same sky, the same stars and sun. It was tedious, almost. Her beautiful, peaceful serenity was becoming a prison. Trapped in an endless spiral. She needed to leave. Explore the world. The world she had come to loathe but also become jealous of. There was something out there that she was missing, and her heart felt as it if it would burst from her chest and leave without her. Logic told her to stay, but her body was itching to move into another part of the world. Another part of her feared the idea. What would she find out there? Would it be completely different than her home here? Of course it would. But, how different, exactly? The thought made her chest tight, but enough had to be enough.
Silica stood in the doorway of her little shack, her bag strapped to her thigh. She didn't own much. Enough coins for food, and a deerskin to hold water. This was it. When she left, her life would have completely changed. Her routine was broken and probably wont ever return. She would more than likely never return here. This was miniscule compared to the world around her that remained unknown. The butcher would get the idea when she stopped her deliveries. He would probably think she died on the job, which she hardly minded. She doubted she'd see him ever again after this.
Once she left on foot, and hours of walking, indecision was bouncing around in her head. Should she really have left the safety of her home? The security of the known? But, on another point of view, there was no enjoyment living your life within the safety of a bubble. Eventually, it popped, and better late than never to explore on your own instead of being pushed out of the nest so early. The world already looked different. These were not the trees that she knew. Or the same patches of earth or the same hills. It was comforting, almost, to not know what lie around the corner, or the next field over. The sky seemed different. The birds sang different songs. The air tasted sweeter. Everything had changed over the course of a day, and Silica had never felt so encouraged.
However, after a day or so of traveling, she came across something she was entirely unprepared for. It looked like a fallen palace from one of the stories her mother used to tell her as a bedtime story. It was overgrown with ivy, and heavily corroded. Stones were falling off the sides, and the towers sagged with age. It was still much farther ahead, but she could see the details clearly. It was almost a sad sort of sight. Something so magnificent becoming so worn with time. It was becoming colder, and the night was coming closer, and she had the stupid idea of trying to find refuge. It sounded stupid in her head. Like a cliché story of a girl finding shelter in an abandoned castle and finding a bandit of highwaymen and having a man come save her. The thought was almost pathetic.
Silica decided to sling her bow across her shoulder and climb up onto one of the trees that surrounded closest to the castle. It gave her a great view of the area around the base of the structure, incase of food or anything-or anybody-else that wandered nearby.

General raikov made his way into the throne room. He entered as the messenger left and immediately bowed showing his respect to his king. "you summoned your highness." he asked as he stood up wondering wby queen esta had not arrived for the meeting.

Enya walked in after Raikov, ignoring the messenger completely and bowed to the king. She did it more out of habit and less out of respect for the spiteful man. "My king, is something the matter?" She asked, standing back up and looking at the man. "Where is the queen? Tardiness of a royal is not very fitting."

Knight_Head.png

Evangel Rayius
"I shall do what I must."

"The council has come to a unanimous decision. The Green Knight shall accompany the Queen in her journey to Alatum Hastam." Said one of the Grand Knights after a lengthy discussion about the queen's journey and how she was ambushed by bandits. "You have been granted permission to use your warpstone to warp yourself to the queen" added one of the council members. And with that, the Green Knight bowed to his fellow council members and said "I shall do what I must." shortly before he activated his warpstone. Two magical circle starter to form, one on top of the Green Knight while the other the his feet. After that the Green Knight disappeared.

One of the Knights that left with the Queen had a Warp terminal rune which allows individuals who have a warpstone to teleport to it. The rune started to glow as a magic circle started to form on the ground in front of the Queen. Few seconds later, The green knight materializes in front Queen. He towered over all the current followers of the Queen, even the ones on horse back. The green knight kneeled before the Queen and said "Greetings my queen, I am the Green Knight of the council of the Grand Knights. I have been sent here to aid you in your journey to Alatum Hastam. The might of Vestoria is at your service my queen......". After explaining his purpose the Knight , retained his kneel and became still like statue as if he was awaiting orders from the Queen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.