INTEREST CHECK Medieval RP

M

Mainstream Hipster

Original poster
So, I've been reading a Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin, and I was wondering how many people would be willing to do an rp similar in style to what the series is about? I'm not exactly one for the political intrigue that his books have, but I'm fascinated by the idea of a war filled with knights and the like who suddenly realize that what they're getting isn't the glories that the bards sing about, but is instead filled with cold nights and days spent burying your friends. One that opens the character's eyes to a world where everything isn't like it is in the songs and stories, and makes them turn into adults. It's bound to have fighting in it, but I'm more interested in the psychological effects that a war has upon a populace that hasn't had a serious one in some time and has a fighting force that only lusts for the glory of the supposed "good ol' days"

Anyone else intrigued by this thought?

I can't say that I've read the books you're basing this off of, but your base story here is eye catching.
I'm in.

Never read the story but your ideas are very appealing. Count me in bro. ^^

It's a really good series, I'd definitely recommend it, A Game of Thrones is the first, it's also an HBO series but as always, the book is better. I'll have to hammer out details in my head for how I'd want this to work out, but at least some interest is being shown ^^

Check out ANARCHY, Kaze. We're trying to give that roleplay a Game of Thrones feel. Most of the players are fans.

Or perhaps you were thinking a little more sans-magic? cause then I'd be interested. I haven't done anything without magic in a coon's age.