Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
Here is a space to post some of your more controversial and/or unpopular opinions about tv shows, movies, books, music, etc.

I'll go first with something I was recently thinking about:

Fruits Basket (2001) is better than Fruits Basket (2019), and I would have much rather gotten more of the original series than the reboot. The sad scenes that made me cry in the original barely moved me in the reboot. The original hits harder given the constant going back and forth between comedy and tragedy, whereas the reboot is just more somber throughout.

Here is a space to post some of your more controversial and/or unpopular opinions about tv shows, movies, books, music, etc.

I'll go first with something I was recently thinking about:

Fruits Basket (2001) is better than Fruits Basket (2019), and I would have much rather gotten more of the original series than the reboot. The sad scenes that made me cry in the original barely moved me in the reboot. The original hits harder given the constant going back and forth between comedy and tragedy, whereas the reboot is just more somber throughout.

100% I agree with you. The art might be nicer and more consistent, but legitimately the reboot made me feel absolutely nothing. I still go back to listen to the original opening song because even that was enough to make me cry back in the day 😭

My hot take is that I think Doja Cat's new music isn't that good. I used to listen to her through all of high school when literally no one knew about her, like 2014-2018 and I loved her music so much because it was just... Weird and fun and didn't give a shit. Now all her stuff is exclusively like radio pop. Though there's nothing wrong with it, I just miss her old vibes.

• Love
Reactions: wren.
My hot take is that...KIM KARDASHIAN DOES NOT DESERVE HATE. THERE, I SAID IT.

Look, I get it. Her show is vapid, her family is vapid, she made a sEX tApE...Listen. Why do people still crow about that? "She's only famous because of her sex tape!" OK, and? Your point? Is that really the only reason she became famous? No; her family was originally affiliated with celebrities because of her father's work. And how many women do you know in history who've made sex tapes have used that public scrutiny to not only help pioneer reality tv shows but also start their own businesses? Another criticism is that she exploited her boyfriends to become famous, using their popularity to boost her own. Uh, yes??? Sounds like Hollywood to me.

I'm gonna go there: if she was a man, no one would care. Think I'm lying? Look at Pete Davidson. That blob became famous because of the women he boinked and no one batted an eye. Now he's signing multi-million dollar business while he's got the charisma of a toad.

Come fight with me if you'd like. I'm home all day and I ate breakfast. Put em up >:C

• Bucket of Rainbows
Here goes, Euphoria without all the attractive actors (And Zendaya, obviously Zendaya) and pretty glitz and glamour of cinematography would not be as popular. LET ME FINISH! Do I think it's a bad show? No. I think the actors are great, they portray their characters well, and the story is intriguing, BUT what drew most of the fandom in was the aesthetics. If it didn't have all of that I'm sure more people would talk about its problematic aspects.

E.G.: Sexualizing teen girls. It's literally become a meme that Cassie always has her boobs out and often crying. On top of that, I read an interview about the writers talking so proudly about a scene where they captured so many dicks like it was revolutionary. Dude, people don't want to see teenage boy dick. And it definitely doesn't negate the fact that we would appreciate less over-sexualization of women on the screen. Especially girls who are supposed to be underaged.

I think the show would have been better if it was focused on college students. They would be of age and from what I've seen in my experience and in others, they get into all sorts of trouble with their newfound "freedom". There it is, I said it

Worf + Troi > Riker + Troi

I was going to leave it at that with no explanation, but you know what I’m going to say it all. Spoilers, incoming, if you care.

So admittedly this isn’t because I especially like Worf and Troi together (although I think they’re cute). It’s more because I dislike Riker and Troi as a couple. There aren’t many pairings I actively dislike in fiction but Riker’s behavior toward Troi was uncool in my opinion. While it changed a bit per episode (and funny enough, the episodes where Troi had a shittier LI were the ones where Riker was acting better, most of the time). But he would say things like “I want her to be happy whoever she is with” and then turn around and behave super jealously the next time. Furthermore, when the whole thing with Thomas Riker goes down he’s like “be careful he would’ve done what I did” but… Riker, he’s lived a very different life. He will not make the same choices now, necessarily, because he was unable to make them then. An indication of this is that Thomas assumes Troi is there because of Riker and therefore implying he can’t imagine that things happened as they did. Negative bonus is that Riker broke up with Troi because he wanted to be a starship Captain so badly, but repeatedly turns down offers because they aren’t the Enterprise.

I did think they were cute in Picard, however, and that was one of the main things that softened my opinion of the pairing.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Diana and wren.
tiger king was b o r i n g

• Bucket of Rainbows
A growing plant has more infinitely more direction than Adventure Time.

• Haha
Reactions: catalyst and wren.
Konosuba’s first episode tried to substitute jokes with skeevy camera angles the vast majority of the time, if that is any indication how the rest of the show functions then at least to me, it is almost entirely devoid of comedy. Concept and characters cannot make up for the obnoxious direction.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Avatar the Last Airbender show is boring.

And Moana's music sucks.

Forrest Gump is an awkward and not very charming film that demonizes women from abusive homes.

While Turning Red was very relatable and I appreciated the representation, the inconsistent metaphor of the red panda makes both its themes and narrative nonsensical at best, horrifying at worst.

I HAVE MANY HORRIFYING MEDIA OPINIONS. COME AT ME. Why am I resurrecting an old thread with things that might get me stoned on another site? I was looking for an old thread and ended up here somehow. T-T

• Haha
Reactions: Luther and wren.