INTEREST CHECK Med/Fant with a focus on politics, intrigue, & large scale conflicts?

Anyone still down with this? Lil' Sabine, are you waiting for more people or just more characters? I might double if I can think of something appropriate.

I'm here still. -w-

I will be here. For like forever. Until the apocalypse occurs or something.

I'd really prefer to get more characters, but I suppose we could work with what we have.
Sorry for being slow; school just started and things should be less crazy soon.

Levusti is still wanting to play :3

He's thinking he wants to play something like this:

- A young man, an heir to his own right (county, duchy, earldom, or whatever nomenclature you have here) has ascended to the Court since his father was also a member of the court. During the rebellion, his father died protecting his own territory, and in his stead, his son has proceeded to court. Since he is so young and naive, he is not well-learned in the ways of Courtly procedures and is naive about the world. His advisors do assist him.

-A widow--specifically, the mother of this young man--who wants guide her only family member to ascend the ranks of Court to fulfill the duty of her husband. But something always seems amiss about her. Perhaps it was the sudden loss of her beloved husband that makes her seem not "fully present."

===

If there's a problem with me/characters/anything else, let me know. And don't worry, I understand life gets in the way too. I just started my final year of college and it's a toughy.

Those sound pretty good, but unless I'm having a total moment of derp we're still missing the prince, right?
It'll change the dynamics to work without him, though it can be done. :/

We'll need to work on the relationships between characters no matter what, naturally.

So sorry for not posting here lately, Sabine.
I recently moved to another city so I had no internet access for a week. D:<
But I'm still joining this awesome role-play ~

Joined this site just to express interest in this. Hnnnnggg can't wait

What sort of interest? :D

I'd love to join. I have ideas for a story with a similarly ramen-like plot, so a role play like that would be tons of fun. I'd like to play a wily street rat who got kicked out of the house for squandering money and magical talent. Perhaps he'd try to brown-nose the heir and/or the Mage to his benefit.

Ooh, and the tiny neighboring country's overly ambitious pre-adolescent yet all-powerful king. Arm the ballistae! I don't know how much we'd see of him, though, so perhaps I could think of a third character?

The street-rat and the mage seem a likely duo. After all, magical talent would have been snapped up under the usurper, and she would have inherited his position as Head of the Mages' Guild.

If you could play the lost prince, that would be ideal. An all-powerful king would be interesting, but I'm not 100% sure how well he could really be incorporated into the ramen pile of plot threads.

All right, cool. I'll start working on him.

Wasn't the prince already spoken for? The Zuko-like character? And the kind of all-powerful I'm thinking of is political. He has complete power over his bitty little country, but not much else. And I was thinking that he'd only come into play briefly, preferably at the worst possible moment, when all the characters really don't need anything else and now there's a small army besieging the border cities.

If that doesn't work out, I'd like to talk with Zandragal about making a mercenary character-- a subordinate to his. Some up-and-coming spearwoman/archer who's starting to get in with the wrong crowd?

Looks like mercenaries are popular. >:D

I'm still here. Checking in on you guys to make sure there wasn't a super-secret group started without me. That would be disappointing. And there would have to be some napalm involved for the perpetrators.

Mmm, napalm.

Mercenaries, mmmyess. So you're cool with it?

No super-secrets in my corner. Sadly, the napalm must be saved for another day.

No secrets here; I've just been really busy all of a sudden. :c

Anyways. The Zuko-like character is the heir, not the prince, so we're still in need of one.

We also need to continue working on more in-depth character relationships... everyone should know everyone, and this ought to be nice and tangled by the time we're ready to start rolling. ^^