Mechanical Paradise (Sci-fi with a mix of Fantasy)

happymech99

Broken But Never Forgotten
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Monday Through Friday 3:00PM to 11:00PM EST. Saturday & Sunday 6AM to 1AM EST
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Fandom, Post apocalypse
Roleplay Thread

• 8e2ef8b625401dea8d1db8e99d01893b--enslaved-art-google.jpg

tqHgXCh.jpg

For hundreds of years, everyone knew it was coming already. One way or another, it was sure to come; whether it was going to be their star exploding, the ozone layer completely breaking, the oceans rising to flood the land, even a possible meteor coming to crush the cities; the end of the Earth. Although humanity prepared the best they could for any possible disaster to either prolong the inevitable.

However, nothing could've prepared them for what was to come. The year was 2493, life of everyone on Earth was going on as normal as it always was; without so much as the slightest warning though, the skies quickly darkened as the very moon and sun was quickly shielded by massive triangular shaped ships. The shock the filled the planet caused absolute silence to spread throughout the planet for a few moments before strange creatures of all different shapes and sizes began to descend from the sky and started to mass murder innocent civilians all around the globe.

It was only out of a miracle that as cities all around the planet started to crumble and the military being defeated left and right from all around the world that humans were able to sneak off into hiding within the mountains of China, Everest, Mt. Fuji and even Mt. Rushmore. Hiding off within these very places were the last remaining numbers of humanity and where they lived for several years during the time that a new secret project finally came to light for the public to know about. Project ARK and Project EDEN. These project was supposed to remain a secret until it was confirmed the day that the planet was going to end because of some kind of other disaster aside from being attacked by an unknown enemy like this.

Though, with the circumstances as they were; the projects were rushed all that much more to be completed. Project ARK was to create multiple intergalactic ships that was able to leave the planet's atmosphere with ease so that ordinary humans wouldn't need any sort of training to be able to climb into the ship and leave the planet into space without any side affects or pain.

Project EDEN at this point was already near it's completion, there being hundreds of thousands of workers and scientists far off into space away from planet Earth, building a gigantic space station that was going to be able to hold the entire population of the Earth without the concern of any other natural disasters but as well as to slightly simulate a close representation of Earth.

With the rush of the completion of both projects, in a year to two time span; the projects were fully finished and by this point, the ships that invaded Earth had left yet the unknown threat roamed the planet in search of survivors that they killed or did worse to. Their technology littered the planet all over, and any of those who attempted escape from being imprisoned were killed off without the slightest thought of remorse.

As the day finally came to leave the planet, each of the mountains began to open massive hanger like doors on the side of the mountains to allow the ships known as ARKs to leave the planet. Due to the technology and how desperate humanity had been, the ships were able to leave orbit without too much damage done to them by the cannons that the unknown threat had planted onto the surface all over the planet. Being able to finally escape Earth and eventually reach the giant space station, life slowly began to return to normal.

It was only a matter of time that the space station that was supposed to considered a new Earth became well known throughout the universe to even other races. Slowly enough, one after another of other races started to pour into the station asking and pleading for assistance due to how their situations had become similar because of the same exact threat that humanity had also faced. Of course, this took a while of debating between government officials but yet eventually it came to an agreement that these alien races were allowed to join into the new home of humanity and soon enough gaining the same rights as humans; even if it might've taken quite the long amount of time due to the distrust in aliens after the invasion of Earth.

• NNEFfQT.jpg

Years passed and living on EDEN soon became normal as though it was like living on Earth. There had been small differences such as how the station had been separated into a few different sections; the highest part of the station was reserved only for those who had high power or were extremely wealthy in which they could pay for nearly whatever they wanted.

There had been the center section which was normally the most common for anyone from wealthy families to middle class and even lower class citizens could come to roam around for shopping, living, farming, etc. Then there was the lowest regions of the station which had been also known as the most dangerous; this was where the worst of the worse resided, ranging from serial killers and thieves to black market vendors all around.

Eventually, authority began to grow within EDEN and a new form of police started to become organized through the new government of EDEN. Soon after, a new military was formed known as The Mutual Defense Syndicate. Time after time, government officials had arguments going back and forth between the issue about using this new military of theirs to train and go back and fight the threat that they deemed as Niefom. One side of the argument had officials demanding an attack while others stated it had been too dangerous and that they should just try and find a new homeworld.

All the while this happened time after time, deep into the outer ring of the space station yet another secret was being formed yet this time it was not one that the new government had made but yet another group that was separate from all the laws. This new group was known as SATU, otherwise known as The Special Armored Tactical Units. This new group of people were put through different forms of training that could easily well kill a person as well as injected with a serum that only held a 25% chance that the person could withstand the effects of the serum or end up dying.

If the person could survive the serum and continued the training properly, they were given a specialized suit of their own choosing which enhanced the power of the serum beyond what it was originally capable of to give them what was considered 'abilities'. All the abilities differed between each unit depending on their suit.

By the time the new group had been fully fitted and they were prepared to do their 'job', it was out of coincidence that as soon as the new units had finished their training that an attack on the station was declared by none other than the very threat that attacked Earth years ago; the Niefoms. With the new fitted military fighting back, even if they might've been able to hold their ground and fight back with a bit further ease this time; the SATU coming in was completely unexpected as they revealed just how much more powerful humanity had gotten over the years.

With this coming into view, new conversations came up once the attack was fended off and the government came to a decision that the SATU should not be allowed to belong in general due to what it took to become one of them.

Of course, this did not stop many more wishing to be recruited but yet it did not change the fact that many people could not handle the training or handle the injection of the serum only to make the death toll rise. Soon enough, the military and the SATU started to even become enemies in a slight way even if their goals were still the same yet neither side would dare fight one another due to how humanity knew that this was not the time to fight one another just yet.

Last edited:
Dude I love this a lot, sign me up!

Awesome!
Thank you for the interest. After maybe two or three more people are interested I will start the official threads for the roleplay, lore and other such.

I'll throw my hat in for this, been looking for some SciFi stuff in an RP for a little bit now.

That's awesome!
Welcome aboard, another person or two and I will make the threads.

Looking for one more person before I make the threads.
For those who read this, if you wish for more information before joining. I will be making a lore thread for the roleplay that will go a bit more into detail about a few certain things.

Reactions: Dakota K5
I might be able to slip in! Is there a official race list in place?

I don't think I've done an rp like this but I'd be up for trying

@Rads
@Furasian
Here is a link to the lore thread.