4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy,Modern fantasy, Scifi, Romance, most stuff
Got an RP that is inspired by a mix of sunrider, Gundam and a bit of Star Ocean(can drop this last one though...). it sorta loose atm. Mostly just a former small, if powerful, galatetic entity got copnquered by one of the two major powers and as one of the few remnants, and only effective one. the ship our chars seek to liberate their home world. Then things go way down the rabbit hole.

This...this sounds right up my alley. I totally want in. I'd even pull double duty and play multiple chars if need be. How fleshed out is your plot, if you don't mind my asking? This antagonist race, do you have an idea of who/ what they are and are you open to suggestions?

This...this sounds right up my alley. I totally want in. I'd even pull double duty and play multiple chars if need be. How fleshed out is your plot, if you don't mind my asking? This antagonist race, do you have an idea of who/ what they are and are you open to suggestions?
Well nothing set in stone, but to answer a few things:
1. Not too much, as said rather loose, but some basic stuff rolling in my head.
2. Antagonist race, is human with maybe some aliens in there, and a sort militaristic empire. Atleast initially. Then there would be an insurgent from an empire that once ruled the whole galaxy attempt to restablish and an expirement trying to stop him, though they are not the most ethically sound.
3. You can do as many characters as you wish.

Well, I'm up for some mecha from time to time.

How flexible is the setting?

Well, I'm up for some mecha from time to time.

How flexible is the setting?
So far it's pretty loose, but Galaxy wide, with of course key planets.

Hmmmm....perhaps later this evening, i can post something here to act as a bit of a prologue, just to get the juices flowing? A small one-shot sort of thing to put some meat on these promising bones?

Hmmmm....perhaps later this evening, i can post something here to act as a bit of a prologue, just to get the juices flowing? A small one-shot sort of thing to put some meat on these promising bones?
Well what ideas do you have?

Well...rather than launch into a long-winded explanation, here is a little something to get some creative juices flowing.

06:00 High Orbital Research Station Janus 3, Titan, Sol System

The panorama of stars twinkling outside the observation deck's reinforced glass window, completed by the pale turqouise of Titan dominating the lower left of his field of view did little to quell the terror that threatened to engulf him. Nor did the lavish breakfast feast laid upon the long, obsidian conference table in front of him. The lead researcher of the Janus facility couldn't bring himself to even contemplate the eggs, toast, bacon, sausage or hash browns heaped on his plate or the various pastries and fruit set on trays across the table's surface. Brushing a thin hand nervously through his unkempt salt and pepper hair, he glanced at his watch. Where were they? He fumed silently. They needed to see this immediately.

" You needed to see us, doctor?"

The deep timbre of the voice behind him, as well as the complete lack of warning, startled the doctor to his feet, sent him almost sprawling to the floor were it not for the quick reflexes and steady hand of the speaker.

" Y-yes...Colonel. We have a problem. One that the rest of the crew can't know yet..."

The Colonel, his weathered face concerned and wary, turned to his aide, a young blonde of austere features wearing a crisply tailored lieutenant's uniform, nodding silently. The slim woman turned wordlessly, fingering a small numeric keypad by the chamber's entrance, sealing it from intrusion. Turning his bald head back to the doctor, he gently pulled the man to his feet with a smile.

" What is this about, doc? I'm not in the habit of hiding things from my men."

Visibly shaken, the doctor silently removed a small black rectangular box from the pocket of his white lab coat, setting it on the table in front of him.

" Three hours ago, we received a coded distress beacon from the mining ship, Baleforge. It was assigned to the Kuiper Belt but also doubled as a supply ship for us and several military ships in this sector. There was no audio on the transmission...just a scan from the baleforge's systems. Chiefly this..."

He pressed a small depression on the box and the three beams of irridescent lights shot forth, criss-crossing several times as they formed an image. A spherical ship, surrounded by millions of smaller vessels.

" The sphere is massive, nearly two thirds the mass of Earth. Even the smaller ones dwarf anything in the Confederation's arsenal save the Starcarrier Class. According to sweeps of our own scans this morning, this fleet has wiped out any and all settlements and ships between here and the far side of Pluto..."

The Colonel's brow furrowed as he stared at the 3D rendering.

"How did it slip past our defenses?"

"it didn't. From what little I can gather, it fired some sort of long range precision energy weapon from outside the Belt before entering. Used it to clear a hole big enough to pass through without having to navigate any asteroid fields."

" You mean to tell me these things blew away eight million of our people from outside Sol system?!"

The fear in the colonel's voice was naked and the lieutenant's blue eyes were wet with tears.

" And they're still coming.....to kill us all presumably..."

Well...rather than launch into a long-winded explanation, here is a little something to get some creative juices flowing.

06:00 High Orbital Research Station Janus 3, Titan, Sol System

The panorama of stars twinkling outside the observation deck's reinforced glass window, completed by the pale turqouise of Titan dominating the lower left of his field of view did little to quell the terror that threatened to engulf him. Nor did the lavish breakfast feast laid upon the long, obsidian conference table in front of him. The lead researcher of the Janus facility couldn't bring himself to even contemplate the eggs, toast, bacon, sausage or hash browns heaped on his plate or the various pastries and fruit set on trays across the table's surface. Brushing a thin hand nervously through his unkempt salt and pepper hair, he glanced at his watch. Where were they? He fumed silently. They needed to see this immediately.

" You needed to see us, doctor?"

The deep timbre of the voice behind him, as well as the complete lack of warning, startled the doctor to his feet, sent him almost sprawling to the floor were it not for the quick reflexes and steady hand of the speaker.

" Y-yes...Colonel. We have a problem. One that the rest of the crew can't know yet..."

The Colonel, his weathered face concerned and wary, turned to his aide, a young blonde of austere features wearing a crisply tailored lieutenant's uniform, nodding silently. The slim woman turned wordlessly, fingering a small numeric keypad by the chamber's entrance, sealing it from intrusion. Turning his bald head back to the doctor, he gently pulled the man to his feet with a smile.

" What is this about, doc? I'm not in the habit of hiding things from my men."

Visibly shaken, the doctor silently removed a small black rectangular box from the pocket of his white lab coat, setting it on the table in front of him.

" Three hours ago, we received a coded distress beacon from the mining ship, Baleforge. It was assigned to the Kuiper Belt but also doubled as a supply ship for us and several military ships in this sector. There was no audio on the transmission...just a scan from the baleforge's systems. Chiefly this..."

He pressed a small depression on the box and the three beams of irridescent lights shot forth, criss-crossing several times as they formed an image. A spherical ship, surrounded by millions of smaller vessels.

" The sphere is massive, nearly two thirds the mass of Earth. Even the smaller ones dwarf anything in the Confederation's arsenal save the Starcarrier Class. According to sweeps of our own scans this morning, this fleet has wiped out any and all settlements and ships between here and the far side of Pluto..."

The Colonel's brow furrowed as he stared at the 3D rendering.

"How did it slip past our defenses?"

"it didn't. From what little I can gather, it fired some sort of long range precision energy weapon from outside the Belt before entering. Used it to clear a hole big enough to pass through without having to navigate any asteroid fields."

" You mean to tell me these things blew away eight million of our people from outside Sol system?!"

The fear in the colonel's voice was naked and the lieutenant's blue eyes were wet with tears.

" And they're still coming.....to kill us all presumably..."
not too bad. still some terms are off.

Well here's what my mind cooked up, borrowing heavily from Sunrider: Eons in the future humanity has spread through the vast milky way galaxy. Said Empire created tech that breached the realms of fantasy. The grand Empire of Romia however, jealousy, greed and the old sins of man and life brought them to ruin, and many a planet with them. From the ashes, The Neo Empire rose to take their place. And for a time, they succeeded. That was until Admiral Midda rallied the coreward worlds and created the Solar Alliance, after the planet in the system of Sol. They rediscovered Star Knight tech and beat them back, a treaty establishing the neutral zone between the two, weakening the Empire. Soon it was overthrown in the peasant revolution, and the founding of the People guard, a militaristic state that quickly rose tensions and chipped away at the rim, and one of the most advanced, Stelos, is next up. Little does any know this action will cause a hero to rise to the darkest hour the galaxy is to face. Not only from the warring factions, but two secrets, waiting in the wings.

Want to include mild fantasy elements?

So any others who are interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.