Means To An End

• Thread starter ThatBioshockInfiniteChick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The three left and started walking through the busy streets of Tokyo.
"I don't understand how you could find anything in this place" Liza said looking around as she followed them.
They made it to the hotel and Sarah spoke to the woman at the desk. They talked and she handed her a key. She nodded then went towards the elevator. Liza followed and told the new kid to do so as well.

"Used to live here," Alistair shrugged, breathing in the familiar scents and gazingly longingly at the lantern-lit ramen booths. "Now I just run from place to place. Avoiding the police. Finding treasure. I'll settle down here again someday."

Following Sarah through the hotel, he rolled his eyes as he heard Liza tell him to do what he was already doing. "Dunno what's up with her. Either she hates guys or she just hates me," he thought. He looked at the key in Sarah's hand. "Uh, just one room?"

"Well we can't afford another room...it's okay I got a sleeping bag..." she said then walked towards the guests elevator and pressed the button.
Within minutes the elevator doors opened with a ding. "C'mon guys" Sarah said and walked into the elevator with Liza.

"Ah, okay. I'll take the sleeping bag, then," Basil nodded. "My mother would kill me if I let ladies sleep on the floor."

He followed her into the elevator, the soft music filling the tight space as the floor level changed, bringing them up. Another soft ding, a jolt as the elevator ground to a halt, and the doors slid open, revealing a cozy hallway lit with traditional paper lanterns. Basil stepped out into the hallway and looked around. "Which way?" he asked, his voice softened down a whisper. "Also, are you sure you can trust this place? The woman at the desk shot us some pretty weird looks. Can't blame her, I mean, you don't see people dressed completely in black every day."

"We won't be needing this place long" Sarah saleave oking around. She started walking and Liza followed.
Sarah opened an apartment door with her key at the end of the hall. The place was dim, red and gorgeous. "Alright, let's rest a little we leave in a couple of hours." Sarah said.

Alistair nodded. "Okay, sounds good." He took the sleeping bag and laid it out on the ground, then crawled inside and promptly went to sleep.

When he woke up again, the room was lit with a dim red glow. Outside, Japan glittered and shone with skyscrapers and entertainment for the masses. He looked at Sarah, wondering if she was asleep. At least Liza was. The Aussie snored like a demon. "Er, Liza? Miss Bernhart? Sarah? I do believe it's been a couple hours."

"Over here" Sarah whispered, she was searching through her duffel bag. "I'm going to turn off the light to the museum so that you guys can sneak in an grab the lanter that they are holding in there...Liza will be assisting you"

Alistair nodded. "Alright. We'll need a diversion as well... there's bound to be security guards prowling the halls. I was thinking we could set this off at the other end of the museum--" he pulled out a small black sphere from his belt-- "so to distract the guards after you kill the lights, and then we can grab the map. You do know exactly where it is, right? I'll need to see your map... Gotta know the floor plan before we get there. Getting lost would be embarrassing," he joked. "But seriously, lemme check out the map. And I'm betting that wherever the map is being kept probably has a lot of security measures. Lasers, the entire shebang. Probably nothing you or I haven't handled before... but in our line of work, surprises really suck."

"The guards aren't easily fooled by the alarms, we should go in quiet." She then scooted to Liza and gently nudged her to wake her up.

"That's true. I guess sneaking in is how we'll roll, then," Haru sighed. He waited for Lisa to wake up, then he picked himself up off the floor, rolling up the sleeping bag and handing it back to Sarah. "Which museum is it?" he asked.

"Yammamoto museum of History" Sarah said as she hoisted a rope down the hotel. "I have a boat waiting for us by the ocean...we can go the back way" she said. She walked out with Liza out the hotel. They walked down a main street to a pier where a small motor boat waiting for them.

Alistair watched her leave with Liza before he started climbing out of the window. He grasped the rope with both hands and shimmied down with his knees and hands as fast as a monkey, dropping down the last story or so and landing on all fours in a small side street. He tugged the rope free with a sharp jerk so the entire length fell into a coil at his feet. Tucking it into his duffel bag, he jogged briskly towards the ports and met up with them in front of a small but sturdy motor boat.

"Man, you guys have everything, don't you? How do you have the money to afford all this... transportation?" he asked, directing his question to Liza. No answer came, and he shrugged, stepping into the boat. "Alright, well, that map isn't going to steal itself."

((Sorry I got a little confused here... I wasn't sure why she was hoisting a rope and then walking out of the hotel and down a main street, so I just assumed that the rope was for Alistair. I'm probably wrong. Sorry!))

(Nah don't be if I had a penny for every time that happened to me I'd be a rich girl)

Sarah started the boat. The motor slowly started and before they knew it, they were off. "Our sources are our own" Liza said.

Alistair raised his hands in defense. "Hey, if you don't want to tell me, that's fine. I'm okay wth being in the dark. More comfortable that way," the last part was muttered under his breath, only for him to hear.

The motor boat sped across the water, the Japanese night balmy and warm though hinting of cooler autumn days to come. Alistair stared off into the distance, lost deep in thought as he watched he reflections of the light bob in the dark water.

Liza rolled her eyes "Honestly Sarah, where do you get these type of people? We should have just stuck with the original plan."
Sarah steered the motor slowly turning the boat, "this mission might require another person."
Liza groaned "another person that we have to pay may I remind you?"
Sarah veered to the right and came to an abrupt halt "alright, we're here she said. A small rusted ladder was revealed before them leading to a dock near the sewers. First was Sarah, then Liza.
"Remember the plan, you guys sneak to the museum...I will go and shut off the lights to then so you can actually get there before you get maimed to death." The young thief then placed her duffel bag on the ground and unzipped it. "We have to go through the main sewer line before we split up" Sarah then took out a blowtorch and melted 4 connected bars. She the. Pulled the sewer cage open revealing a hole.

Alistair shot a glare in Liza's direction. "Believe me, I don't want to work with you either. So quit sniveling about it and suck it up. I'm not here to obey you or anything. I'm here for the cash and that's it. Once I've got my share, you won't ever see me again." He followed Sarah and Liza up the ladder and looked around to make sure no one could see the dim glow of the blowtorch. "Fine by me," he said, dropping down feet first into the sewer, plunging twenty feet into darkness. For a second, all was dark as Alistair fumbled around in the bag, then grabbed hold of a phosphorescent light, shaking the tube and lighting up the sewer with a steady yellow glow. The main sewer line was easy to find; the tunnel they were in was huge and obviously as long as they followed it, they'd be able to get to their destination.

Sarah continued holding her nose "ugh, loving this so far" she stated sarcastically. They walked through until the tunnels split into two walkways above the water. Sarah looked at one tunnel, "well this is my stop, see you two later" she smiled and walked down the tunnel "try not to kill each other before I get back."
Liza chuckled, "now where's the fun in that?" she asked then looked at the Alistar. "Do you know parkour?"

"I'll do my best! No guarantees, though," he called after Sarah, then turned to face the other female.
"Do I know parkour? That's like asking if I can breathe," he snorted. "I'll take of myself, so don't worry about me," he said sarcastically. "Anyway, let's get moving. I don't want Sarah to get to the lights before we get to the museum. That would suck big time."

Liza jumped on the cliff wall, she kept climbing to a wooden ledge then two beams and into a window.

"Ah, Christ." Following after her, Alistair scaled the cliff wall, climbing quickly so not to lose his hand or footholds. "The key to parkour is not keeping your balance, but rather, moving fast enough so you don't lose it," he muttered to himself as he reached the beams and perched on the window. He looked up at the rafters and leaped, his gloved hands catching on the rough wood, and he pulled himself up, slinking catlike along the horizontal slab of wood, then leaped to the next one, and the next so that he looked like he was simply running from beam to beam. A small door was on the other side of the room, and he dropped down, making sure to keep out of the sight of any guards. Glancing outside, he could just make out the building that they were aiming for.

"Too many guards on the ground," he whispered to Liza as she drew near. "Stick to the rooftops and we'll get there in no time."

((Okay, I have no idea what the museum grounds look like, so I'm just gonna go with like a bunch of buildings connected by courtyard and Japanese gardens))

Status
Not open for further replies.