MCU - A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lockheart

Original poster
A New Era
Plot
Incoming transmission: Earthlings, your planet has been bought by the highest bidder. You have exactly six Earth months to vacate the planet or be destroyed.
Transmission over.

Six days ago, this message was received by SHIELD. It has been seventy years since the Avengers program was shut down. Sarah Winters, the new head of SHIELD, is iniating a new Avenger project to protect humanity from the threats beyond our world. She is gathering the best and the strongest for this new team, willingly or by force. You have been chosen.

Setting
Seventy years after the Avengers are gone. The Earth has been isolated from the galactic community. Most heroes have hung up their capes, cowls, masks, and suits (even ones made of iron (actually a gold-titainium alloy)). SHIELD has remained active across the globe and no major threats, until six days ago, had surface. However, crime has gone as it usually does without heroes or vigilantes. It is time for a new generation.

Rules
1. Obvious. No god-modding.
2. Respect the other people. If your character wants to bitch slap another character and cuss them out, go right ahead. If you want to bitch slap another person and cuss them out, take it out of the thread and preferably to a moderator. I'm not going to handle your petty arguments. At least not nicely.
3. Damn, shit, ass, etc... If you don't like it, don't continue because there is going to be much more of it in the future.
4. Literacy. Learn the word. Love it. Because I do. I'm not going to go all grammar Nazi on you, just please... please... respect the English language... After all. Good grammar is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse. I will behave. Until i 2ee 2hiit liike thii2. OR SHIT LIKE THIS. I do not want to feel like I am being screamed at through text. I, however, will not murder you for one or two misspellings. Everyone makes mistakes. I understand this. Just, like I said. Please don't abuse the English language. It is (was?) a beautiful thing.
5. One liners are the enemy. Can we have at least a paragraph? Is that too much to ask? If I see a single sentence post, I will go beyond flipping my shit. I understand writer's block is a common issue, just please don't drop below three sentences.
6. If you have read these rules in their complete glory, please put "Transmission Received" in your character sheet. If I do not see this, you do not get accepted. Plain and simple. I will tell you that you can have a place once you've read the rules.
7. All characters must be approved by me before joining the role play. This is to prevent stupidity and, once more, to prevent shit flipping.
8. Each person is allowed to have two characters.
9. If you are gone for more than a week without giving me a valid reason before you disappear, you will be removed from the RP. We're not all waiting on one person, we want to keep moving. If you are going on vacation or something tell me before you leave.
10. @Helena Sky has the same power I do. Listen to her like you'd listen to me. She's my wife and partner in crime. Her words are law just like mine are. Furthermore, this is her idea and really it is her roleplay. I just created the thread for her xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Sheet
Name: What is their full name? Not a fake or a nickname or a pseudonym.
Alter-Ego: What is their super hero name/identity? If they have one.
Aliases: Nicknames and such.
Age: How old are they? And if they're immortal then include how old they appear to be.
Personality: A description of their personality, the way they behave, little quirks and idioms, every little tick and habit, what they enjoy, what they dislike. Everything that encompasses them as a person.
Identity Status: Is there identity open to the public, or they do keep their superhero persona a secret. Do their family or loved ones know? Have they revealed their identity to other heroes in heir team? Or is it included in their criminal record?

Skills: Anything they are good at or excel at. Doesn't have to help with hero/villain work. Can be anything, such as singing or playing instruments or being trained in a variety of martial arts.
Powers/Abilities: Super powers and impossible abilities, if they have any. Does not include skills or talents as they go in above.
Weaknesses/Fears: Nobody is perfect. What are they bad at? When do they make mistakes? What keeps them up at night and terrifies them? Their faults, flaws, weaknesses and fears.

Biography
Back story, origin, anything and everything from your character's past. How they began and what they have been through. THeir history and experiences of the world.

Weapons
What weapons, or equipment, or tools, or gadgets they use or wield.

Appearance
A paragraph about their appearance. Include both a picture and a description. Hair colour, hair length, eye colour, weight, height, any physical details, scars, marks, etc...
Superhero Costume: Include either a picture or a description.

Family
List an familial relations. Father, mother, siblings, go into as much detail as you want.
Affiliates: Friends and the like. Anyone who they associate with. Other than family, there is a section for them down right above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Helena Sky-Anne Tillany
Alter-Ego: The Shadow
Aliases: Sky
Personality: Sky usually keeps to herself, trying her hardest to avoid interaction with others. Nine out of ten times you see her she'll have her nose buried in one book or another. Whether it's research to try and locate the source of her powers or pouring over the latest fiction in an attempt to lose herself and forget her own reality. She tries her hardest to control her temper, but it's almost completely out of her control, the shadows acting on her own when she gets angry. When she completely loses herself, it's almost as if the darkness is a separate entity that controls her. She has a voice in her head that seems to know way more than she does about not only her powers, but about everything else as well. Sky simply refers to the voice as "her" and despises it for the most part.
Identity Status: Secret. Her family knows about her powers, but nothing more.

Skills: Writing, singing, drawing, playing piano, gymnastics.
Powers/Abilities: Control over shadows, darkness, ice, and snow. Has the potential for dark magic. Occasionally experiences bursts of thought from nearby people. This hints at the capacity for reading minds if she ever learns how to control the power or even realizes what it is.
Weaknesses/Fears: Physically very weak and frail, afraid of spiders, afraid of the unknown, afraid of change, weak to fire and heat, has a weak heart, has next to no control over her powers and emotions.

Biography
Sky was adopted along with her older twin brother into a moderate household. Everything in her family seemed to be completely normal until right before her second birthday when she threw a tantrum and the couch flipped over on its own. Her parents had been wary of her since. She spent her time growing up being given shifty looks by her parents and two older brothers, almost as if they expected her to do things. At first she didn't understand why they treated her like this. Had she done something wrong? She figured it out when she was six. She had been alone in her spot in the woods when she first made the shadows quiver. After that incident, she started practicing. She realized that she could sense the shadows, whether they were cast by inanimate objects or people. This made it impossible for others to sneak up on her.

It was by age 10 that she started having real problems. The kids in school had started bullying her. This resulted in her getting upset and the shadows around her acting up. She tried her hardest to stop it from happening, but it didn't matter. The damage had already been done. They called her a freak and treated her differently than everyone else. Even the teachers kept an extra close eye on her. As she continued through school, the bullying got worse and so did the shadows. It got to the point where in ninth grade she landed a kid in the hospital after he tripped her. To avoid the looks from her parents, she started escaping to the library as a sanctuary. Everyday she would go there and read until closing.

She was so excited when she graduated. She had been practicing with her shadow control and was now able to move objects with them and form them into shapes. Because of her new found control, she opted to go to college. That didn't go too well either. Turns out all it took was being pushed into a fountain by a fellow student for the shadows to lash out again. No mater how hard she tried, she couldn't stop them from acting up when she was angry, upset, or afraid. Realizing this, she dropped out of college only after two months.

She got a small apartment in North Lima, not far from her parents, and tried doing odd jobs to get by only to end up fired after accidents with the other employees. So now she puts most of her time into trying to track the origin of her powers in hopes that she might be able to get a better grasp on them. The only time she's not devoting to that is spent at forced family dinners at her parents house with her two brothers. She gets to sit there and listen to them talk about their success. Ethan was a law student in his fourth year of college and about ready to head off to law school while her twin, Tyler, was in his second year of college and on a scholarship for basketball. While she had pretty much nothing to show for her life, which her parents never ceased reminding her of this.

After another year of struggling with her powers and thinking they were nothing but a curse, something good finally happened to her. She was walking through a back alley at night when she came across a group of men assaulting a young woman. Without her even thinking about it, the shadows reacted, disbanding the men and saving the girl. Since then, she's been leaving her apartment every night, black lace masquerade mask covering her eyes and a velvet cloak left over from Halloween. No one ever sees her coming. Perhaps a flash of violet before the shadows have done their job.

After being outed to the press in her own hometown by one of her "associates", Sky was forced to flee. After arriving in a new city with her cat by her side, she decided to continue her work as the Shadow. It didn't take her long to be pit against the local vigilante by her "associate". The two clashed, but soon came to the understanding that they'd been set up. After that they began training together and became quick friends.

Things went well for the next few months until Sky was summoned to New York by her family to help them settle into their new house. Everything went wrong there. Sky lost control of her powers after a run in with a few thugs in a back alley. After destroying part of the city, she was picked up by SHIELD. She's been there held captive in a room for a little over a week now while her familiar rushed back to Bien Sombre to fetch Peter.

Weapons
None.

Appearance
Sky has long black hair that is kept tied up in a ponytail most of the time if not in some weird style she came across on the internet. She has extremely pale skin and freckles along with piercing violet eyes that seem to shift and move with unimaginable power. She generally dresses in black. She is rather short for her age, only coming in at around 5'3'' and weighing barely a hundred pounds.
Sky_2.png

The%20Shadow.png

Family
Ari James Tillany ~ Father (47)
Miranda Katelyn Tillany ~ Mother (45)
Ethan Jett Tillany ~ Older Brother (23)
Tyler Timmothy Tillany ~ Older Twin Brother (21)

Affiliates:
Peter Earl ~ The Vanguard
Eric Locchet

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Awesome! Accepted of course, since this is your roleplay and all xD

Name: Peter Earl.
Alter-Ego: The Vanguard
Aliases: Pete or Petey by his older brothers, however this was mostly just to annoy him when they were younger.
Personality: For the most part he is smart and intelligent. Simultaneously confidant and absolutely terrified, he has been a recluse for much of his life. Peter used to prefer to work alone, fight alone, live alone, do everything alone. Socially awkward doesn't quite sum it up. Since meeting the Shadow, however, he has learnt to cooperate and work together. At times he can be arrogant and even self obsessed, believing that he got through everything bad on his own and forgets about the people that were there to help him along the way.
Identity Status: A closely kept secret, so far only his step-brother and the Shadow knows.

Skills: A good strategist who is always prepared for a variety of situations. Persistent, so much so that he often pushes himself too far. Skilled and practiced at fighting in close quarters, either fighting unarmed or with a pair of batons. Experience in battle. Highly accurate with throwing projectiles after rigorous and persistent training.
Powers/Abilities: N/A.
Weaknesses/Fears: Somewhat ironically (since he operates mostly at night) he is afraid of the dark. Afraid of dogs. Socially awkward. Doesn't like other people, doesn't work well in a team and doesn't follow orders. Cam be kind of an a**hole at times. Afraid of losing Helena.

Biography: After a screwed up family life, Peter turned to vigilante work to vent his anger. But it grew to be more than just a way to let off steam. He was helping people. And over time Peter learnt, got better, kept improving. A few months he met and fought the Shadow. However. the two came to an understanding and realized that someone else was trying to get them to fight each other. Shortly after this became friends, training partners, and team mates. Working together as vigilantes in the large town of Bien Sombre.

Until Sky's family demanded that she go to New York to help them. Peter did not want her to go. Though he knew that she was unable to say no to her family. She was only supposed to be gone for the weekend but it has been a whole week since she left and now he is growing worried.

Equipment
2x Straightstick (Riot baton): Approximately 36-inch (91 cm) long. Made of steel. Peter uses batons as weapons so that he can still defend himself without having to administer lethal force, while still being able to kill with blunt trauma when neccessary. Just like his mask, he keeps many spares stocked up in a rented apartment.
Throwing Bolt: A throwing weapon, shaped like an oval and made of metal (steel). The intended use is as a ranged alternative to his batons. The bolt is also non-lethal and is sometimes used to disarm firearms. He has spent many long hours learning to throw these.
Buzz Bolt: Similar to the throwing bolt except that this one packs an electric charge. It can stun and immobilize grown men, short circuit electronic devices and disable magnetic fields. Made by his step-brother, Eric Locchet.
Tracker Bolt: Not made for combat. This type of throwing bolt is magnetic and hides a tracking device. Also made by Eric.
Mag Bolt: Like the tracker bolt, this on is magnetic. But the magnetic is for more than sticking to vehicles. The mag bolt is capable of disarming weapons (including Peter's own), disrupting magnetic fields, and even altering the path of bullets.
Flash Bolt: Like a throwing bolt. Except this one packs
Lead Guantlet: When neccessary he wears a gauntlet over his right hand. This gauntlet changes in design and material frequently. One such design was heavy an made of lead, designed for combat against acid or fire users. The knuckles are also reinforced with lead to add more force to his closed-fist attacks.
Silver Gauntelt: Another gauntlet design. This one made for fighting supernatural beings.
Grapple Gauntlet: An out-dated gauntlet that he does not use anymore. A hook was attached to the gauntlet with a metal coil wrapped around a brace underneath metal palting. Could be used for maneuvering or for combat. However it did prove to be a lot less effective than intended and after a brief use this dsign was scrapped.
Wire Gauntlet: A kind of update to the Grapple Gauntlet. With no hook and not designed for performing three dimensional maneuvers. Instead, this gauntlet is solely for combat. The defense side is a single steel plate that runs along the arm, with titainium plates on the back of the hand and inner arm, and a carbon fiber brace underneath the plating which wraps around the forarm. This brace has a thin wire coiled around it that can be pull out from between two titanium plates. This wire is used by Peter to block small weapons (particularly knives and blades), counter incoming attacks, strangle unsuspecting criminals, and generally provide an alternative weapon. The latest version has a small battery hidden under the plate armor that provides an electric current to the wire. With the electricity running through it, this gunatlet sees use like a whip at times. He often uses this electric wire to incapacitate enemies without killing them.

Appearance
peter_earl___vanguard_ops_suit_by_mariexmidnight-danl5qt.png

Messy, black hair. Dark brown eyes. Sharp facial features and angry eyebrows. Tends to wear casual clothes such as unbuttoned shirts, jeans, and a leather jacket. Weighs about 140lbs and stands at a height of 5'8".
Superhero Costume: A black suit of a titanium-kevlar weave. Usually he wears a set of goggles with a one-way visor that come equipped with a night vision mode and thermal imaging. These goggles also happen to cover his eyes, cheek bones and brow from site to keep his face from being identified. Often wears a gauntlet of varying design and style on his right hand. Wears a gas mask when needed (if he knows beforehand to bring it with him).

Family
Father: Jordan Locchet.
Mother: Media Earl.
Older Brother: Steven Earl.
Oldest Brother: Lucas Earl.
Step-Brother: Eric Locchet, helps Peter work as the Vanguard by helping with tech and making equipment.
Step-Sister: Emily Locchet.

Affiliates
Helena Sky-Anne Tillany: The Shadow.
Eric Locchet

Status
Not open for further replies.