MBTI Personality Types

Status
Not open for further replies.
INFP as always.

~feelings~

@LiamG

Ah, I see you know your stuff! Yup, I'm a weird one, alright. XD (I say that without any discomfort, of course!)

The intuition thing is ... hard for people to accept or process.

Example: I called a long-time friend the other day (well, in fact, a polar opposite as well, now that I think on it) who lives on another coast -- not because we had anything to discuss, but because I knew they needed me to call them. Because they were torturing themselves with an erroneous thought process. I could feel it. They were unhappy and it pinged my mind and heart.

We don't talk often; our relationship is not like that and it's not like I owed them a call or anything logical like that. We don't email or text or Skype or Facebook, so it's not like something tweaked my awareness.

And they simply would not call me and reach out because they are so darn convoluted and imagining all this stuff in their mind.

I'm like jeez, they are SO much trouble. (Thought with affection, of course.) It was so easy for me to solve with a phone call, so of course...

I left a message and they called me back, bubbling, "I'm so happy that you called me! Do you know why?!?"

I laughed at them (in a nice way) and said something like: yes you idiot, I know why--that's why I called you!

And yet they still don't believe that I picked up on their unhappiness (not for the first time), that I understood what was going on with them and called to well, to make it all better. XD Believe it or nuts!

Reactions: Makise Kurisu
I'm just giving you a hard time, buddy. INTJs are my natural enemy.

That's naturally the story of my life till people get to know me and they "I see where you're coming from"

@LiamG

Ah, I see you know your stuff! Yup, I'm a weird one, alright. XD (I say that without any discomfort, of course!)

The intuition thing is ... hard for people to accept or process.

Example: I called a long-time friend the other day (well, in fact, a polar opposite as well, now that I think on it) who lives on another coast -- not because we had anything to discuss, but because I knew they needed me to call them. Because they were torturing themselves with an erroneous thought process. I could feel it. They were unhappy and it pinged my mind and heart.

We don't talk often; our relationship is not like that and it's not like I owed them a call or anything logical like that. We don't email or text or Skype or Facebook, so it's not like something tweaked my awareness.

And they simply would not call me and reach out because they are so darn convoluted and imagining all this stuff in their mind.

I'm like jeez, they are SO much trouble. (Thought with affection, of course.) It was so easy for me to solve with a phone call, so of course...

I left a message and they called me back, bubbling, "I'm so happy that you called me! Do you know why?!?"

I laughed at them (in a nice way) and said something like: yes you idiot, I know why--that's why I called you!

And yet they still don't believe that I picked up on their unhappiness (not for the first time), that I understood what was going on with them and called to well, to make it all better. XD Believe it or nuts!

As an ISTP, the most rational type of all IMHO, the intuition thing is hard to understand. My best friend is INFJ and has called me many times when I needed him to.

My rational side wants to explain it as coincidence, confirmation bias, or even retrocausality before intuition, but I have no idea.

Reactions: Ravenfrost
That's naturally the story of my life till people get to know me and they "I see where you're coming from"

Don't get your hopes up. :P I've known many INTJs and while I can get along with some, I still don't really get them. The ones I do get along with are still very weird to me.

Well, my test results have bounced around from test version to test version. I've generally tested as INFJ-T, but I question the mystical unicornism and accuracy of it all the dang time. Sometimes I really wonder if I mistyped myself because I'm kind of an oddball even around other INFJs. I match type description between it and INTP pretty well. Classic case, I guess.

I've hung around a lot of ST doms and INTJs in my life, so I've been pretty exposed to the less emotionally tinted side of the spectrum too.

Initution's unexplainable and sometimes very self gratifying. It's great to inexplicably know things, but sometimes I wonder if it's all concidential. I've learned to trust it even though I can't rationalize it, even if I wanted to.

I'm out of touch with my Fe personally and I can be pretty cynical, but I can also be a shoulder to people in need. I tend to give a lot of unsolicited life advice to comfort people. I'm very good at reading subtle emotions people aren't even conciously aware they are giving off. Can't say the same about my own though.
I'm so blank faced and spacey all the time, people start wondering if I'm okay. I don't know either.

My Ti likes to curb stomp Fe into the sidewalk. It's so hyperactive I swear my brain never rests. It's become my kneejerk reaction to things and causes a lot of internal conflicts for me. I trust it mostly as a second opinion for gut feelings and a botched way to explain what I thought were simple things to people. I guess that's the influence of Judging at work too.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys follow ennegrams at all? I keep testing as a 6w5 and I feel like that explains a lot of weirdly anxious quirks I have at times.

My rational side wants to explain it as coincidence, confirmation bias, or even retrocausality before intuition, but I have no idea.
You might want to (scientifically) compare notes with your friend just for fun. XD

The way I personally pick up on stuff is usually experiencing something almost like an atmospheric pressure that is linked to another person. It's not invasive of others; it's reactive and receptive to what people are, or are feeling, and transmitting outwards. It's not anything like specific thoughts, although you might know, in general what they are thinking through feeling. (If that makes sense.)

For me it really kicks in when someone is suffering. (Or if something extremely negative is being generated, which can be very difficult.) And because I generally have lived in big cities, I can override it. I know how to mute it. But I can't ignore my friends.

Some people don't transmit as much. My best friend (a lovely individual) is strong-willed, independent, and proud. Though I generally uneasily sense when something is a little hinky with them, I don't get the "need" alarm pinging me, though I will check in with them subtly in case they want to talk. They know their own minds and I trust their judgment, so I don't pry.

One of the best things is getting to see the secret lovely things in people that others may have overlooked and being able to honor that.

Edit: Thought I would mention that I have never felt that whatever intuition I may possess is self-gratifying or particularly wonderful on my own behalf. It fact, there are times when it has just about torn me apart. But you keep with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ENTP wow what a surprise 8)

ENTP wow what a surprise 8)

I've been looking for an ENTP to befriend for a while. You guys are hard to find.

• Love
Reactions: King
You might want to (scientifically) compare notes with your friend just for fun. XD

The way I personally pick up on stuff is usually experiencing something almost like an atmospheric pressure that is linked to another person. It's not invasive of others; it's reactive and receptive to what people are, or are feeling, and transmitting outwards. It's not anything like specific thoughts, although you might know, in general what they are thinking through feeling. (If that makes sense.)

For me it really kicks in when someone is suffering. (Or if something extremely negative is being generated, which can be very difficult.) And because I generally have lived in big cities, I can override it. I know how to mute it. But I can't ignore my friends.

Some people don't transmit as much. My best friend (a lovely individual) is strong-willed, independent, and proud. Though I generally uneasily sense when something is a little hinky with them, I don't get the "need" alarm pinging me, though I will check in with them subtly in case they want to talk. They know their own minds and I trust their judgment, so I don't pry.

One of the best things is getting to see the secret lovely things in people that others may have overlooked and being able to honor that.

Edit: Thought I would mention that I have never felt that whatever intuition I may possess is self-gratifying or particularly wonderful on my own behalf. It fact, there are times when it has just about torn me apart. But you keep with it.

Now I'm really curious..

I definitely can relate with that atmospheric pressure comparison. There are times I can just walk into a room full of otherwise happy people and the emotional tension is so thick, you could cut it with a knife. It's definitely jarring at times.
Some people just don't transmit anything at all.

I trust a lot of people to make their own decisions and frequently withold judgments, though that can be a balancing act for me sometimes. Hard to withold judgment all the time when you're getting asked for an opinion all the time. Usually I try to reaffirm what they already know, but sometimes people just like relying on me to think for them.

Definitely is the best thing! There's a myriad of good and bad things to everyone and sometimes those hidden gems that people overlook in themselves and others can really make them shine.

Maybe that's just me wanting to be right all the time.. or maybe I just doubt people more than I need to.
Intuition is definitely a make or break thing. I like trusting it to be right, but it can be wrong. Oh so wrong and very devastating for all involved in whatever mess it just created. I've gotten into nasty bouts of mistrusting it and it's never gone down well.

INFP because I'm an introverted, overly emotional psychic! Just kidding....or am I?

INFP because I'm an introverted, overly emotional psychic! Just kidding....or am I?

Overly emotional definitely sounds like INFP. xP

I've taken another test, and got INFJ both times, so guess that's mostly set in stone.[/samplebias]

INFJ - not a surprise, I've taken these sorts of tests multiple times and I always get INFJ. Fits me to a T

Up all nite with sick kitty, so here I am again.

@Xedite

When I was a lot younger (teenager), I would get sucked into the thing of having people asking me to make decisions for them in their personal lives. Shudder. I didn't understand (in my current humble opinion) that this was not the optimum thing to do.

I can't pass judgment on behalf of others or make decisions for them.

I'm not trying to argue here--just that it's my own private belief that that it is not my place to do those things. I absolutely abstain from that. What I will do, if someone wants it, is work with them to ask the necessary questions of themselves in a given situation in order to arrive at a more informed choice of action in most instances.

My intuition doesn't come into play. It shouldn't. That's not the issue. I'm not going to be a fortuneteller in such an instance, or even give an opinion.

But I will work with people to examine their choices. Their patterns. What they really want. How they intend to get it. And more.

Sure, someone might want to hear a pretty answer from me that will sanctify a particular life choice, I think everyone goes through that now and then with other people.

So sleepy now... Hopefully, some of far made sense.

INFP as usual. I liked the personality page, pretty much described me to a tee.

I also liked this quote because it's something I tell people often, even if they don't get it >.>

"INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic."

I've taken that test three times over the course of several years. INTJ every time. I'd say it fits just fine.

The Architect. Makes me sound like some kind of mastermind.

INTJ every single time. It fits me a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.