Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Action, Fantasy, Romance, Modern, Magical, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, etc.
So. Earlier in the day when I was on my break, I came across an article about Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Promoters, etc. Being sued (I can't find the article anymore).

All I have to say is.

wat.

Yes. I understand that the fight was boring and what no one expected and all that. What do you guys think? Do you think these lawsuits are justified or are they just plain stupid.

This article maybe?

I dunno, doesn't sound like they're just complaining for no reason. If both teams and the promoters know Pacquiao was injured but they pushed ahead anyway, then they definitely did pull some bullshit by touting it as the greatest fight ever, because that would mean they were knowingly lying and that the viewers would be getting, as the plaintiffs' lawyer put it, "a one-armed challenger against an undefeated champion."

It's not a case of butthurt about it being a boring fight, it's a case of potential fraud and conspiracy for the sake of monetary gain, and that stuff actually is illegal. I have to say that based on that article, it sounds like they do have legitimate grounds for a case.

This article maybe?

I dunno, doesn't sound like they're just complaining for no reason. If both teams and the promoters know Pacquiao was injured but they pushed ahead anyway, then they definitely did pull some bullshit by touting it as the greatest fight ever, because that would mean they were knowingly lying and that the viewers would be getting, as the plaintiffs' lawyer put it, "a one-armed challenger against an undefeated champion."

It's not a case of butthurt about it being a boring fight, it's a case of potential fraud and conspiracy for the sake of monetary gain, and that stuff actually is illegal. I have to say that based on that article, it sounds like they do have legitimate grounds for a case.
I didn't read the article fully, and I don't know which one it was. So many articles about it already and I understand why people are upset. Manny was injured and hid it. I also don't know if Mayweather/Mayweather's Team knew that Manny was injured because Floyd refuses a possible rematch between the two. He is calling Manny a "coward" for saying that he lost because of an injury. Maybe Floyd is just saying all that because he wants to save face and not admit that he knew. Dunno. Will see how it all pans out.

On a side note. I feel like this Lawsuit wouldn't of happened if Manny actually won. I feel like people would respond with "Holy shit! Pacquiao beat the undefeated champion! Even with an injury! Fucking tough ass man!" etc. Instead of what it is now. That is my own opinion on how it would be viewed if Manny won.

On a side note. I feel like this Lawsuit wouldn't of happened if Manny actually won. I feel like people would respond with "Holy shit! Pacquiao beat the undefeated champion! Even with an injury! Fucking tough ass man!" etc. Instead of what it is now. That is my own opinion on how it would be viewed if Manny won.
True, but that would have been an incredibly unlikely situation to happen mainly because such an injury significantly reduces one's chance of winning.
Which is exactly the reason people are suing, an untold (known) circumstance that basically rigged the fight for one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.