Maybe Love Will Blind Em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She agreed! This was just anazing! We're they....dating now? They are going to the Ball together.....they are texting each other....they did hold hands a lot. Garret took a deep breath, before texting, 'Are you my....girlfriend now?:couple:'

He hoped putting through emoji would lessen the tension, but when he sent it, he felt like a complete dork.

"I suppose so, but I've never been in a relationship before, so I don't really know what I'm suppose to do to be a proper girlfriend! /)//(\"

His eyes widen at the text, and a gush a heat went through his cheeks. Grinning, he hurried texted back, 'Maybe we could hold hands, hang out more, go on...ya know dates?' The two text for a couple more hours until it was late. 'Well I have to go to sleep if I plan on taking you to school. I'll see you tomorrow, and we can talk more about the ball then:dance:'

Barhie's father, Evan was washing their dinner dishes, glancing at his daughter who just wouldn't put her phone down. Smiling a bit, he was happy she had friends to talk to. "Ya know, you've barely made a noise all dinner, other than a giggle or two looking at your phone."

Saying a quick "Goodnight" paired with a :3, she placed the phone down quickly and cleared her throat. "A-Ah, wrll... I've had an interesting day today, I guess. I think two guys like me, and I'm dating one now I think? I-I don't really know how to handle it... Daddy, how did you start dating mom?"

Blinking a bit at the question, he nearly laughed at the memory, before turning to face her, leaning back on the sink. "Your mother has always been a go getter...she always had a plan for her life, and she didn't want anyone to get in the way of it. Kristen....She so confident, and back in high school , I wasn't. So....it was hard to get her attention you know. She was busy with her studies almost all the time. But, one day I over heard her saying how she really wanted to see a movie. So I bought the tickets, and the next day, asked her if she wanted to go. I bet she thought I was some weird stalker. We barely knew each other, we only had four classes together, and she barely spoke to me. But...She agreed. Later in life she told me she agreed because I was cute. But after that day, we started hanging out. But...I noticed that if I didn't make a move soon that's all it would ever be...hanging out. So I worked up the nerve to kiss her one day, when I was driving her home from school. At first she slapped the hell out of me. I think she was shocked. But then she pulled me back into another kiss and well...That's what happened." He chuckled and looked at her. Walking over he pressed his lips to her forehead smiling softly. "Then a few years later you came into the picture. And I've never been happier. So....who is this guy you dating?" He asked, arching a brow, his protective side showing.

"His name is Garret, and he's the second closest person in my friend group," She explained, letting out a soft whine from the gentle kiss on her forehead. "He's really tall, and he's got black hair and green eyes. He plays a lot of videogames and reads a lot of comics... and I think it's cute. He's really sweet and caring of me. Then there's the other guy, who sort of creeps me out, but he's really handsome..."

"....Well your a pretty girl, so your going to attract guys but, ignore the one who creeps you out....But this Garret guy, go slow alright? And I would love to meet him." He told her giving her a smile, a crinkle next to his pale blue eyes. Barbie got her eyes from her father, but her looks from her mother. Her father had red hair, that darkened to a burgendy due to age. He had a chiseled jaw, and was a handsome older man. Evan gave his daughter another kiss, before going back to wash the dishes. "Good night, Barbie, and don't forget to take your medicine, okay?"

"I won't," She reassured, setting her cup into the dishwasher before wandering to her bedroom, dressing in the nightgown her grandmother had given her. It was long, covered in frills that were common for the elderly. The only downside to the night gown was that it reached practically to her feet, causing her to trip often. Once properly dressed and after taking both her prescribed and sleep medicine, she could finally shimmy under her layers of blankets with a yawn

In the morning, as promised, Garret was there to pick her up for school. He got out the car, walking to the front door slightly annoyed. "I just don't understand why you came."

"Because she is my best friend. Even though I'm glad you guys are together, I don't need you trying anything funny." Hissed a female. It was Kristi. As soon as Garret texted her that Barbie was now his official girlfriend, she knew she would have to help Barbie out. And she had to make sure Garret wouldn't scare her off. Giving a few taps to the door, Kristi smiled when Barbie's answered. "Hey Mr. Evans!" Kristi already met Barbie's dad a few times, since she hung out with Barbie and stayed over her house.

Evan smiled opening the door wider. "Always a pleasure Kristi. And who is this?"

"Oh this is Garret!" She politely smiled walking into the house.

"Ahh, so this is Garret." He mumbled, eyes narrowing slightly at Garret. Even though Evan was a king soul, he still felt a type of way about his baby girl having a boyfriend. He didn't like it at all.

Scurrying down from her upstairs room, she had dressed for the snow storm she heard was approaching the area- wool leggings, a nice wool skirt, a knit sweater, a jacket, and her button up coat to match. Tugging on a hat, a pair of boots, and her mittens, she offered her father a quick peck in the cheek before shoving her lunch box into her backpack. "I'll be back, okay? Don't forget to call mom later!"

"I won't, have a great day at school, pumpkin!" He called as she left with her friends. He waved her off, before shutting the door with a sigh. Garret looked back at the door, before gentle reaching to hold her hand. Blushing a bit, he smiled. "Did you sleep goo-"

"So Barbie, I was wondering if you wanna come to my house later!" Kristi asked, giggling as she tugged her hand.

"Oh, um... I... I guess?" She whispered, "I mean, I have some things to do, but... I-I could see? I need to start on my dress, remember?"

"Oh, then I could come over your house, and try and help you out." She smiled as she got into the car.

Slipping into the back seat, she politely sat and peered out the window, growing anxiety in her eyes once seeing the snow come down hard

Kristi talked the whole time, while Garret bitterly drove, rolling his eyes. He honestly wanted it to be just him and Barbie. Once they got to school, Kristi got out and hurried over to her boyfriend giggling and squealing when she saw him.

"... You don't think that snow storm with hit too hard, right?" She squeaked, peering over at her official boyfriend with a worried frown. "I don't have my back up medicine if we get stuck, a-and I only brought one thermos... o-oh god..."

Looking over at his girlfriend, his eyes softened, before placing his hands on her shoulder. "No, no. I'm sure it won't be bad. If it does get bad the school will send us home before then."

"Y-Yeah, alright...' She replied quickly, though pursed her lips tight as they wandered into school. "Back in New York, it got so bad that people were locked in their homes for a week. Another time, power went out for a month and a half. I really don't want that happening here."

"This is Illinois. Welcome to the state of nothing." He laughed, holding her hand as he walked into the achool. "I promise nothing like that will happen."

"I hope..." She murmured, giving his hand a tight squeeze as she hurried up the steps into the hall, hurrying to her locker, that of which was decorated in cutesy magnets and a picture of her family. Carefully hanging up her main coat and gloves, she kept her scarf and hat just in case before slipping a few other things in. "Hey, if we get stuck, at least I have you and Kristi to spend time with."

Status
Not open for further replies.