Maybe Love Will Blind Em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Aww, but you agreed. I promise it'll be worth your while. Come on. I really want you to see I'm not as bad as people say I am. I just wanna take you to the bookstore, after that I'll leave you alone for good. Promise." He smiled brushing his own thick brown hair from his gorgeous eyes, smiling down at her sweetly. "And I promise to get ya whatever you like. I'll buy you food and books."

Feeling herself be tugged by the large man, she offered Garret an apologetic smile. "I'll call you when I get home, okay?" She offered him, having gotten his number that day. Stumbling along, her smile dropped as he nervously bit her lip. This guy was handsome, and beautiful... But also a major dickwad. She could do just what the other said and simply leave him alone forever, but she wanted to at least admit that he was cute at some point.

Garret gave her a stubble wave, and an awkward smile. When she turned around his smile dropped as well. Colby lead her to his rather nice sports car. It was all a royal blue, and in interior was a peanut butter color. Opening her side of the car for her, he let her in before shutting it. Then he got on the other side and got in, before he started it. Turning the heat all the way up, he breathed in his hands, rubbing them together before glancing at her with a smile. While waiting for the car to warm up, he asked, "Who was that guy anyway? The one with black hair? A boyfriend?" The whole time Garret was there, he acted as if he hadn't seen him standing there. Colby just stood in front of him, and began talking to Barbie. "I didn't know you had a boyfriend....He must think I'm a jerk, just taking you from him. I'll apologize." Said the teen sweetly, seeming to appear really sweet.

"I mean... W-We sort of are dating, I guess?" She whispered, buckling quickly. "He's one of my closest friends, and he's a boy... Plus we're going to Ball after all. I've never really been a relationship though, at least not a long term one..." Once admitting this all, she pursed her lips quickly before clearing her throat and staring out the window at the falling snow. "You know where the book store is, right?"

Reactions: DanteI0S
"Yeah, yeah. It's across the street from that old, shut down video store right? My mom always talks about that video store, about how she's going to buy it, and make it into a store." Buckling up himself, he put te car into reverse, before backing it of the school parking lot. Driving away from the school, he hummed a soft tune before turning on the radio. He had it low though, so they could talk. "So you are going to the Winter Ball? Well I'm going too. So I guess I'll just see you there. I'm not entirely sure who I will go with.....Maybe I'll go alone, set a new trend of going alone." He smiled, glancing over at him and winking.

Offering a soft smile in return, she lightly tightened her scarf with a soft sneeze. "I don't think I'd be able to go alone. I'm not... Really good with big crowds. Though I think I'll make a really nice dress, I'll have to start now if I plan to wear it. Dresses are hard to make by hand, you know..." She then adjusted her sweater, tugging it down lightly past her coat before lightly tugging off her had to shake snow from her hair.

"Ah, so your making yours. I find it neat that you know how to make clothes. Like that sweater is really cute on you." He answered with a smile, before slowing at a red light. "So who taught you to knit."

"Oh, my grandma. Before she was hit with dementia, and even at her early stages, she and I would spend hours trying new patters and such. She passed a few years, though, but I still like to continue with my knitting as a hobby." She replied, sighing solemnly at the topic. "That's in the past, my grandma, so I don't think about it too much."

Nodding at this, he continued to drive, asking her questions about herself, wanting to know many things about her. Soon they arrived to the bookstore that had a nice quiet cafe. Parking, he opened the door, and hurried to her side to open her door. "So, what book are you getting from here?" He asked, looking back at the store as he shut her door. He then glanced back at her, before fixing her scarf.

Shyly smiling from the scarf adjustment, she lightly placed her mittens into her bag before rummaging through it to tug out some cash. "I want to buy a few books on ancient medicine. I have to do it for a report anyway, so I might as well get a few books on something interesting. You don't have to come in, if you don't want..."

"I want to, and put your money away. I'm paying for your books, like promised. Along with whatever you want to eat. Today is my treat." He smiled, and lead her inside the small bookstore looking around. The smell of paper and coffee was thick in the air. The bookstore was rather warm, and cozy. His big strong hand slid down to wrap around Barbie's hand giving it a sweet squeeze.

She blinked, looking away shyly from the squeeze as her cheeks lit up. "I-I'd like some hot tea, and maybe a scone if that's alright? I'll... G-Go to the book section. Pick a place for us to sit?" She suggested, before heading towards the book section quickly and started on her search for the rather niche topic with a low hum. A minute without having to smell the mans sweet cologne was a blessing.

Nodding, he went to the little cafe, deciding he would get when she asked for. Once he got her tea and scones, and a caramel coffee for himself, he found a nice table in the corner with comfy chairs. Sitting down he waited for her to return, smiling.

As she peered the spines, she couldn't help but think about the nagging suspision of the boy. She saw him as an absolute sweetheart, at least from what he'd shown her... But what he did before still didn't make sense to her. Biting her lip in thought, she tugged out two books on her subject before rummaging again through her bag with a sigh

Waiting for her, he began to sip on his coffee. Pulling a face at the taste, he added a bit more sugar, before glancing around for her, wondering when she would join him. So far, his plan was working. She seemed to be warming up, but she was most likely confused on what he did the other day. He would have to tell her again that it was a dare from his friends. Even though it wasn't.

Once buying her things, she wandered over to the table before nervously placing thr books in her bag. "Oh, you got coffee? I've never been a fan. Too strong."

His pink lips stretched into a small smile, tucking a few loose dark strands of his hair behind his ear again. "I love it. I got your tea and scones. So you found your books, okay?" He asked, slowly taking of his gray trench coat, showing he was wearing a black sweater that had three tan buttons near the neck, one of them were actually button while the next two weren't. And boy did that sweater fit him good. Putting his elbow on the table, he leaned his chin into his hand, those ocean like eyes of his staring up at her. Those perfect teeth of his sunk into his bottom lip, knowing that when he did this, girls would go crazy, and get all hot and bothered.

She herself shed a layer of her clothes, though still had a jacket and her sweater underneath once taking the extra things off. Seeing what she saw as a sensitive and caring display, she let out a shy giggle that even shocked herself. "Y-Yeah, I found them alright. They werent that hard, actually..."

"Good, good." He smiled, picking up his mug and bringing it to his lips. His eyes never leaving her face. "So, Barbie, where did you live before you came to Crystal Lawns, town of the boring, and never changing?" Joked the teen, as he set his mug down though his hands never left the mug. They just cupped it as he waited for an answer.

"Oh, uh... I lived in New York City, actually." She admitted, sipping her own tea before meticulously pulling apart her scone into four pieces. "My dad had to transfer here, and my mom isn't around to care, you know? She's a traveling saleswoman."

Status
Not open for further replies.