May I try your chops, sir?

Cerulean

But does he know about second breakfast?
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I like most. However, I have found I am most comfortable with Fantasy, Sci-fi, Fandom, and Modern.
3350424924_a1327b894f.jpg

I have always been a big fan of facial hair.

best-beard-styles-2011-7116.jpg

The question I offer to Iwaku is this.

indian-tache2.jpg

What is your favorite facial hair style and why?

I'm happy with clean-shaven or a bit of stubble, thanks. XP

I also enjoy stubble, something my boyfriend eternally has. Otherwise, the handlebar mustache, though rare, makes me squeal like a little girl. They make me want to get into my best flapper dress and smoke virginia slims. . /// .
Right now, my boyfriend is just going with full on beard and it's not growing in very well (please don't tell him I said such a thing, his manly pride would take such a dive!). So, I wish he would trim it into a goatee or something.

I LOVE WHEN I GET TO STEAL GIBS' STUFF AND USE IT!

TheTrustworthynessOfBeards.png

I am a huge fan of stubble. It's sexy as hell.

I used to hate beards in general, but Gibs made me like them. D: He's had a variation of different beard styles now, and my favorite so far is the classic full beard.

I don't know about all those avant-garde stashes, haha!

But I like a beard on a guy if he can pull the look off! Some guys look really good with beards/facial hair !

sakura84-1.png

For example, October's slightly unshaven-dunno-what-its-called-but it looks really superstar-good! but don't tell him I told you ;)

EDIT: In Dananachan's picture, the Trustworthy Chinstrap & the threatening Neck Beard are the same.... T_T

No, no, Saki, it just looks that way~ <3 As one who is affectionate toward facial hair, I shall help you!
Neckbeard
Chinstrap!

They're almost similar, but the neckbeard is more... neck oriented. The chinstrap is strip (generally fairly thin) of facial hair following the jawline.

I prefer clean-shaved faces by default.

However, some faces seem to look better with facial hair. It's hard to tell which style, as it depends on the face itself.
But paying a bit of attention I could say I have a tendency towards chinstrap, or goatee w/without mustache. Sometimes stubble looks good but sometimes it does not. Generally speaking, avoid the bushy look too.

As a general rule, if the face looks aged or mature, I will like it more with facial hair in it. The younger looking the face, the less hair on it I'd like to see, thanks. Generalizing, remember.

So far two guys I like more ALWAYS with facial hair on, and these are Sean Connery and Hugh Jackman.
They're so hot... but shaved look so wrong!

Hm, I can see the men lurking here, taking frantics notes. XDD

I don't particularly like facial hair on men buuut Pheonix somehow pulls it off. I love stubble on him, and he has this little neck beard going on. (He somehow isn't capable of growing a mustache.) Clean shaven he looks really young, almost baby face, but once his beard comes out I can't stop staring. >.<

I've always enjoyed the look of muttonchops for being rarely seen and therefor unique. By my standards, a sideburn is anything grown down from the sideburns, but once they start to turn across the cheek, they're muttonchops. Plus, as I learned as I matured, it's really the only facial hair I can grow, I don't think I could grow a good looking mustache and there's not enough hair for me to grow a goatee. I don't really want either those anyway.

So now I just have a bushy pair of muttonchops extending across my cheek and ending a little less than a finger's width from my lips. Can't grow anything to connect them to a mustache, but again, don't want to.

I am actually surprised more guys aren't in here. xD

*puts away notepad*

I have always been a fan of a little scruff, not sure why. By scruff I mean more than just stubble, which can also be very nice.
It really depends on the gent, whether he can pull it off or not.
Though I can't say I've found anyone with a rather long beard attractive.
As long as its close to the face it can really soften bold chins and jawlines, and be all manly.

rayguns5.jpg

Every self-respecting beard/mutton chop wearer smokes a pipe.

I prefer to either be perfectly clean shaven if I have long hair.

Since I've been barred from ever having a ponytail again, I make do with either 3 days of stubble. However, THAT gets barred because I have to look professional.

THEREFORE, I usually triapse about the hospital with a goatee.

This is my favorite beard because it makes people look like a general.

*strokes my fake beard* Indeed it does.