Material Transformation First School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fayne Heathcliff

Jolted out of her revenue of fear and a slight amount of self-pity when the girl's horse-thing jerked to a stop, Fay was about to start apologizing profoundly when the other girl seemed to pick up her traumatized feeling and started to reach out. Seeing the black-haired teen start to wobble dangerously atop her mount, Fay reached out impulsively to try and steady her. "Whoa! Are you alright?" She asked in alarm, mimicking the question that had almost been posed to her before the unfortunate near-fall incident.

"Ah, well, right. Dorms sound good." Fay attempted to change the topic when it looked as if the other girl wasn't going to fall. She had sensed the embarrassment coming from her - which was hard to miss, really, since she had flushed rather deeply - and had decided that it might be best to forget about the small near-accident for now. Moving forward slightly with her suitcase so that she was parralell with the horse's neck, Fay admired the beast for a few moments. "He's pretty." She commented with a smile, before recalling the dorm idea.

"So. Happen to know where the dorms are?" She asked with a slight sigh, looking around. "I'm afraid I haven't got the best sense of direction ever. And I'm still a little bit off from that horrible airplane ride." Fay continued, pushing a slightly one-sided conversation but hoping that she was giving the horse girl some time to recover and gather herself. At the mention of the plane she got tense again but angrily shook her head in an attempt to get her own self together.

In the middle of the day, no matter where someone was on the island, they should be able to hear what sounded like an announcement.

All students attending Material Transformation First School, please begin to head to the auditorium for orientation. If you have not grabbed your room key or obtained a map, you will be able to find them from various staff members walking around campus looking for any lost students. Thank you. That is all.

"Guess we got lucky then. Similar interests, and no gloominess here," Nix commented. Things were looking up for once in his life. "Also trust me you don't want a sunburn. Hurts like hell. Not to mention peeling. And while some normal people get a tan from it. Not me. I just sit in pain and peeling and it is much worse for me. Which I apologize now for probably always smelling like sunscreen," he chuckled. He didn't press on the family issues. He knew from personal experience that someone only talked about family when they wanted to, and he also knew from personal experience that pushing them to talk about family was also a bad idea.

And then came the announcement. "Guess we should head to orientation," he said to him, slipping on his shoes and quickly picking up his scattered supplies, leaving them on his bed. "Also for the record. I don't normally dress like this. This was just for today." He then picked up his blazer heading for the door.

Matthew Rickson
The announcement was heard, causing Matt to freeze and listen in. He was about to ask Lalo about how he died, something he completely let go over his head until now while reviewing the events that transpired. Once the announcement was over, Matt was slightly intrigued to see what the orientation had to offer. "come on pipsqueak, looks like plans have changed." He said nonchalantly before turning his direction towards where everyone else was going "I have no idea where we're going, but I think the crowd does" he explained walking off, knowing Lalo wouldn't be to far behind.

Soon the young man found himself in the auditorium, picked a seat that seemed to be in the middle of everything, right next to him he held a spot open for Lalo. "Come on pipsqueak before someone steals your seat I so carefully picked out" He spoke loud enough for others to here...not purposely, he wasn't thinking, as always.

@Pray4me

Lalo Santiago

He closed his eyes, forcing his attention onto the sudden announcement that echoed throughout. When he opened his eyes, Matt was traveling with the large group of students to the auditorium. Lalo followed them as well, walking in quick steps to catch up to Matt.

The auditorium wasn't too far from the dorm buildings and luckily Lalo made it early. He squeezed his way down the aisle, saying his "excuse me" and "oops...sorry" until he took the seat besides Matt. He let out a soft breath as he relaxed in the chair. It was nice having a...friend...already on the first day of class. Well, Lalo wasn't sure if Matt and him were friends yet as they just met a few minutes ago. But, it was nice having someone around than being a loner of the first day.

"I really hope this won't be for long. I'm starting to get tired from this long day," Lalo said, taking off his glasses to wipe them with his shirt. "If I fall asleep, do wake me up, please."

He returned the glasses on his face and looked around the auditorium. Lalo was very curious on what kinds of people will be attending this school. So far, they all looked nearly normal and harmless. No one looked like bullies or wanting to cause unnecessary harm. Everyone looked normal enough.

Lalo suddenly felt a bit guilty as passing thoughts plagued his mind.

"Maybe I should get us something? Anything?" Lalo turned in his seat, desperate to find anything that would be of help or comfort for Matt and him. "You would imagine a school like this would have a small convenience store or a room of just vending machines."

@~\The Talentless/~

cooltext121941108210657.png

Keon nodded to his roommate and smiled lightly, "Awesome finally I get to be around a lot of people." He says seeming relived to be able to not just be around himself, so Keon couldn't help it he used Zone, "20%." He muttered to himself and took off in front of his roommate, all he would be able to hear was the simple, "See yah there!" As a blur raced past him, Keon was there in maybe a few minutes.

Well Keon wasn't one to stop when doors were in his way so he literally blew the doors of its hinges stopping after a few rolls, he rolled on his back and just jumped up, "Woohoo been a little while since I have had a reason to use that." He ignored any looks and walked to a seat taking it and waiting as he relaxed.​

[BCOLOR=#000000]Syler lifted her head the moment the announcement went out. Quirking up an eyebrow, she listened until all was silent again. She then let out a slow breath and ran her fingers through her long, blond hair, shaking it out and pushing herself up from the floor where she had dropped herself by using the edge of the bed to lift herself. "Well then." She glanced over at her roommate who had not yet said a word and paused a few seconds as if waiting for any kind of greeting. But she did not wait very long and instead turned to pull open her bag and began rustling through it. Then, as if realizing something, she patted her pocket and noted that what she needed was already in there. With a sharp-sounding 'ziiiiip' she closed her bag again and dropped it to the floor before pushing it with her foot to rest underneath her bed. Syler turned to walk away, rethinking once again and spinning on her heel to crouch down beside her bed. She grabbed the crumpled map from the side pocket of her bag and smoothed it out on the floor so she could figure out how to get to the auditorium. Once her path was settled, the girl jammed the paper back into her bag and stood up again, moving toward the bedroom door. She thought briefly about stopping to wait for the girl who must be her roommate, but the other female had been silent up until now and Syler did not feel like waiting. So she wandered back out the door and made her way to the auditorium alone, both hands stuffed into the pockets of her jeans. It wouldn't take long to get to her destination this time and hopefully nothing would be standing in her way.[/BCOLOR]

Shade had taken some time after dropping Kira off to straighten up his half of his room. Knowing he had to wear the uniform for the orientation, He quickly but on the formal uniform which, for males, was a grey suit with a black tie and a white, button-down shirt underneath while the school crest rested on the breast pocket of the shirt and suit jacket. He then slipped into a pair of black socks and black oxford shoes. He stepped into his bathroom, shaving quickly and making sure it was tidy. He sighed, walking over to his desk and putting his cell phone and his wallet into his pockets before stepping out the door, where he heard the reminder of the orientation on the PA system.

Another announcer went on the system as Shade walked to Kira's room, listening in. "A reminder to all students who have not yet done so: all students with cell phones must report to the IT desk and have them modified for the proper programming as required by the UN and switch over to the school network. Those students without cell phones may pick one up on the way to orientation." He had arrived at Kira's room at the end of the announcement, knocking on the door and speaking up. "Kira, are you in there? We need to head over to the orientation and pick up a phone for you. We're heading down there together, like you asked."

Status
Not open for further replies.