Mass Effect: Contingency

Where do you want to start the RP?

• En route to our mission.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • En route to our meeting point.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Performing our own operations, and THEN progressing to our rendezvous point.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, THIS nerd has attempted to fix their CS. My bad for my errors! The commas and the runoffs are like smoking with my writing, a bad habit. It doesn't help it was 1 am when I made it either, jeez summer. I also didn't notice the biotics until much after I'd finished since I thought it just meant whether they had it or not lmao but in any case, it should be better now. Again, I'll be updating the reference pic eventually! I just haven't be able to draw her properly yet.

Well, THIS nerd has attempted to fix their CS. My bad for my errors! The commas and the runoffs are like smoking with my writing, a bad habit. It doesn't help it was 1 am when I made it either, jeez summer. I also didn't notice the biotics until much after I'd finished since I thought it just meant whether they had it or not lmao but in any case, it should be better now. Again, I'll be updating the reference pic eventually! I just haven't be able to draw her properly yet.

It's all good. It seems to be a common theme during Summer that we stay up till 1:00 trying to make our stuff immaculate.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Romaan
updated batu's picture (: much happier with this one!

In all honestly though the M-11 Suppressor was just a really good heavy pistol in ME3 if I remember correctly. It was relatively light and so easy to get headshots with. :u

Yeah, but it's the cosmetic that makes us look like hitmen. The fact that we're pro enough to use suppressors, a tool that's generally associated with assassins or government agents.

Oh I'm not complaining about it. It does make us look professional, stylish even. :p

Hopefully my CS is acceptable now.

are we starting as soon as we have 7 people?

Walking in this thread like...

cTb0rtC.gif

Also, if you will have me then you would have either a krogan, vorcha, and human. Leaning towards the adept, vanguard, or soldier class.

Edit: Had to correct myself, because a Vorcha Human just sounds fuggin weird.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry I haven't got my character sheet up yet. I'm almost done with the rough outline now.

@Uncle Legens Legentis

I just read over your character's biography again. If our characters stay a pair, they're going to have a VERY odd relationship haha! I'll post up the sheet soon. Give it a read and let me know what you think. I don't have a problem making another quarian character to serve as the other half of the bond pair. *Shrugs*

Actually, I'll post the bio that I initially had. See if my character is something you'd want to work with first.

@The Philosoraptor

Would you be opposed to someone doubling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Legens Legentis
Very much a WIP with regards to content and edits. Just wanted a place holder.

Cypher

"There is no such thing as peace. Your eyes deceive you. War is a perpetual thing, unseen and seen. Forever, the Coalition."

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Name:
Cypher

Age & Date of Birth: 27 evolutions, creation date May 18th, 2198

Race: Geth

Psychological Profile:
  • Inquisitive to the point of meddling into things better left untapped. His dive into the encrypted has yielded valuable information to Joint Fleet Command.
  • War theory uploaded to adhere closely to sacrifice the few to save the many. The ends justify the means.
  • Distrusts other Council races with regards to anything technologically inclined. There's a reason why the Geth-Quarian coalition harbor some of the most advanced technology in Council territory.
  • Sees missions through no matter the collateral - the exception being at the expense of his partner. It's the single exception to his learnt war dogma.
  • Jokes are sparse with Cypher. Sass and bluntness are in excess much to his comrades dismay.

Loadout:

Operational Role: Engineer-Vanguard Hybrid

Biography: Given true sentient behavior through Legion's sacrifice, creation of the geth people was met by many moral barriers that the once machine race never encountered. Though deliberations were slowed due to each unit being an individual versus a collective of experiences, a method of natural procreation of future geth was reached. While reproducing via organic rituals was impossible, the leaders of the geth people - elected via a vote - hammered out the process after reviewing the memory databases obtained before what the geth people now regard as the Awakening.

Each unit, upon the final stages of creation, were to be given imprints of the memory databases that closely aligned to developmental experiences of organics. The new generation would be mentored by older geth until he or she chose a vocation to follow. Namely, the geth leaders provided each individual a blueprint. It was up to the individual to choose what path him or her wanted to embark on. Henceforth, the geth people were reinvented and reborn.

With much talks with the Council leadership via Tali Zorah vas Neema, the quarian leadership, the geth enacted a plan to make the geth more organic in lieu of staying very much mechanical. Cognizant of the taboo they were skirting about - the Reaper's atrocities committed during the great war - they used inorganic materials and some organic samples taken from none of the sentient races. Agreeing to a joint quarian-geth monitoring board, the recreation of the new generation of geth began. While the overall mechanical skeleton of the geth was kept, various tissues and nerves were grown and incorporated into the geth that enhanced performance. The enhancements were to increase durability, strength, and better dexterity than that of the older generation. Biotic capability augmentation was also a goal.

Cypher was of the fifth generation hybrids. He was lucky. He didn't have to go through ethical conflicts present in the first and second generation among his people. He didn't have to go through the biotic integration critical failures.

Eschewing the ways of the scholar, the scientist, the pacifist, Cypher subscribed himself to the path of war. As with all under the Coalition's purview, he was paired with another quarian. Where his partner excelled in technology and technological warfare, he too contained the basic technological affinity characteristic of his race but possessed the violence of a prime. Brute force and ruthless tactics is always Cypher's preferred mode of operation. However, among the geth-quarian coalition, he has earned a reputation of digging into things unknown and bringing them to light. A trait earning him a whole host of enemies while earning respect from his people and the quarians. A respect encircled by dread from his cold disposition.

Growing older with each evolution, so does his devotion to ensuring the coalition and council species survivor. With the Empire Reborn growing strength and threatening his people and his allies, Cypher joined a special forces group within the Coalition military. Void Walkers - commonly called Walkers. Deploying to the front, his partner and him disrupted ER operations while ground and naval forces fought in the open. It was here he learned what the memory databases couldn't teach him. It was here he learnt the harsh lessons of war.

Mercy equated to death. Violence was the excess. Remorse was the cripple.

Responding in equal atrocities committed by ER military units, Cypher utilized every conceivable offensive choice available to him and his unit within a given scenario. From disabling life support to leaving nothing alive in his unit's theater of operations. It has earned him many reprimands, but he got the job done no matter what. If an ally fell in combat, the sacrifice was justified if the mission succeeded. A waste if it wasn't. The exception was his partner. That was collateral he could ill afford.

Word of his deeds reached Council ears. His and his partner's prowess on the battlefield eventually moved them from the Walkers to the rank of the spectres. It was only upon induction into the spectre ranks that he was asked to join the fire team tasked with assassinating the Prothean Emperor.

As the paragon of war's teachings stated back when he was mere evolutions old, "forget those replaceable. Remove those irreplaceable to scatter that which yet stands impregnable."

Talents:

Incinerate
Sentry Turret
Biotic Charge
Nova
Assault Mastery
Fitness

Last edited by a moderator:
Very much a WIP with regards to content and edits. Just wanted a place holder.

Cypher

"There is no such thing as peace. Your eyes deceive you. War is a perpetual thing, unseen and seen. The coalition above any other."

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Name:
Cypher

Age & Date of Birth: 21 evolutions, creation date May 18th, 2198

Race: Geth

Psychological Profile:
  • Inquisitive to the point of meddling into things better left untapped. His dive into the encrypted has yielded valuable information to Joint Fleet Command.
  • War theory uploaded to adhere closely to sacrifice the few to save the many. The ends justify the means.
  • Distrusts other Council races with regards to anything technologically inclined. There's a reason why the Geth-Quarian coalition harbor some of the most advanced technology in Council territory.
  • Sees missions through no matter the collateral - the exception being at the expense of his partner. It's the single exception to his learnt war dogma.
  • Jokes are sparse with Cypher. Sass and bluntness are in excess much to his comrades dismay.

Loadout:

Operational Role: Hybrid between engineer and vanguard. Think geth primes.

Biography: Given true sentient behavior through Legion's sacrifice, creation of the geth people was met by many moral barriers that the once machine race never encountered. Though deliberations were slowed due to each unit being an individual versus a collective of experiences, a method of natural procreation of future geth was reached. While reproducing via organic rituals was impossible, the leaders of the geth people - elected via a vote - hammered out the process after reviewing the memory databases obtained before what the geth people now regard as the Awakening.

Each unit, upon the final stages of creation, were to be given imprints of the memory databases that closely aligned to developmental experiences of organics. The new generation would be mentored by older geth until he or she chose a vocation to follow. Namely, the geth leaders provided each individual a blueprint. It was up to the individual to choose what path him or her wanted to embark on. Henceforth, the geth people were reinvented and reborn.

With much talks with the Council leadership via Tali Zorah vas Neema, the quarian leadership, the geth enacted a plan to make the geth more organic in lieu of staying very much mechanical. Cognizant of the taboo they were skirting about - the Reaper's atrocities committed during the great war - they used inorganic materials and some organic samples taken from none of the sentient races. Agreeing to a joint quarian-geth monitoring board, the recreation of the new generation of geth began. While the overall mechanical skeleton of the geth was kept, various tissues and nerves were grown and incorporated into the geth that enhanced performance. The enhancements were to increase durability, strength, and better dexterity than that of the older generation.

Cypher was of the fifth generation hybrids. He was lucky. He didn't have to go through ethical conflicts present in the first and second generation among his people.

Eschewing the ways of the scholar, the scientist, the pacifist, Cypher subscribed himself to the path of war. As with all under the Coalition's purview, he was paired with another quarian. Where his partner excelled in technology and technological warfare, he too contained the basic technological affinity characteristic of his race but possessed the violence of a prime. Brute force and ruthless tactics is always Cypher's preferred mode of operation. However, among the geth-quarian coalition, he has earned a reputation of digging into things unknown and bringing them to light. A trait earning him a whole host of enemies while earning respect from his people and the quarians. A respect encircled by dread from his cold disposition.

Growing older with each evolution, so does his devotion to ensuring the coalition and council species survivor. With the Empire Reborn growing strength and threatening his people and his allies, Cypher joined a special forces group within the Coalition military. Void Walkers - commonly called Walkers. Deploying to the front, his partner and him disrupted ER operations while ground and naval forces fought in the open. It was here he learned what the memory databases couldn't teach him. It was here he learnt the harsh lessons of war.

Mercy equated to death. Violence was the excess. Remorse was the cripple.

Responding in equal atrocities committed by ER military units, Cypher utilized every conceivable offensive choice available to him and his unit within a given scenario. From disabling life support to leaving nothing alive in his unit's theater of operations. It has earned him many reprimands, but he got the job done no matter what. If an ally fell in combat, the sacrifice was justified if the mission succeeded. A waste if it wasn't. The exception was his partner. That was collateral he could ill afford.

Word of his deeds reached Council ears. His and his partner's prowess on the battlefield eventually moved them from the Walkers to the rank of the spectres. It was only upon induction into the spectre ranks that he was asked to join the fire team tasked with assassinating the Prothean Emperor.

As the paragon of war's teachings stated back when he was mere evolutions old, "forget those replaceable. Remove those irreplaceable to scatter that which yet stands impregnable."

Talents:

Shield Boost
Adrenaline Burst
Charge
Overload
Combat Mastery
Tech Mastery

So, am I to understand that his organic parts grant him access to biotics? A if you're thinking of combining Engineer with something more combat-oriented, I'd suggest going Infiltrator, the combo of Soldier and Engineer. If you are going in the direction I'm taking from this, the combination of a Vanguard and an Engineer (something not done before), he'd have combat skills, biotics, and tech skills.

He's looking good overall, though. I'm not necessarily opposed to doubling, since I always planned to regard a Quarian/Geth pair as single operative. As well, it would promote synergy a lot more if the same person were controlling both.

Walking in this thread like...

View attachment 111976

Also, if you will have me then you would have either a krogan, vorcha human. Leaning towards the adept, vanguard, or soldier class.

Love to bring you on. Vorcha's discouraged, since (A) They're not a Council race, and (B) *whispers* They're not that smart, and aren't particularly good for covert operations.

Reactions: Romaan and Artemis
So, am I to understand that his organic parts grant him access to biotics? A if you're thinking of combining Engineer with something more combat-oriented, I'd suggest going Infiltrator, the combo of Soldier and Engineer. If you are going in the direction I'm taking from this, the combination of a Vanguard and an Engineer (something not done before), he'd have combat skills, biotics, and tech skills.

He's looking good overall, though. I'm not necessarily opposed to doubling, since I always planned to regard a Quarian/Geth pair as single operative. As well, it would promote synergy a lot more if the same person were controlling both.

Love to bring you on. Vorcha's discouraged, since (A) They're not a Council race, and (B) *whispers* They're not that smart, and aren't particularly good for covert operations.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about the organic portions granting biotics. I'm not opposed to that however. I wanted a combination that addressed both the geth affinity for manipulating technology and the aggression of the machines as well. Hence why I decided to combine elements of a vanguard and engineer. I entertained a infiltrator-engineer combo, but that has more finesse, which I didn't see Cypher going towards.

Back to biotics. If I remember my lore correctly, organics are born with the biotic ability. They receive augmentation to control/strengthen its usage, yes? It's never been forced into an organic, right? I suppose geth could've tried to incorporate that into the program I described in Cypher's biography.

If you're okay with it, a vanguard-engineer was really what I was going for. If Legentis would rather not pair up with Cypher, I'll just double since the two species now pair their new generation together.

Laugh. My. Ass. Off. That Vorcha statement though xD!

Reactions: The Philosoraptor
Interesting. I hadn't thought about the organic portions granting biotics. I'm not opposed to that however. I wanted a combination that addressed both the geth affinity for manipulating technology and the aggression of the machines as well. Hence why I decided to combine elements of a vanguard and engineer. I entertained a infiltrator-engineer combo, but that has more finesse, which I didn't see Cypher going towards.

Back to biotics. If I remember my lore correctly, organics are born with the biotic ability. They receive augmentation to control/strengthen its usage, yes? It's never been forced into an organic, right? I suppose geth could've tried to incorporate that into the program I described in Cypher's biography.

If you're okay with it, a vanguard-engineer was really what I was going for. If Legentis would rather not pair up with Cypher, I'll just double since the two species now pair their new generation together.

Laugh. My. Ass. Off. That Vorcha statement though xD!

Feel free to do as you wish. The first robotic biotic would be a really great asset, and would make for interesting dialogue with our resident human biotic, Mirand- I mean, Anne.

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
I will most certainly do that then! I'll begin my edits and let you know when they've been made!

Miranda where?! Oh wait. That's not Miranda. Just her doppelgänger or equally hot twin ... (Sorry Oriana 0_0)

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
So we DON'T want a vorcha who is a pilot/cook/medic who exclusively uses his name in every sentence?

"Chacho knows. No one likes Chacho. Chacho can cook liver and sew up a cake. What? No. Of course Chacho had those in right order. GET OUT OF CHACHO'S KITCHEN!" *Flings meat cleaver*

XD jkjk, in that case, I am not sure my female Krogan would be any better.

So....human vanguard it is. I'll get to working on that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.