Mass Effect: Contingency

Where do you want to start the RP?

• En route to our mission.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • En route to our meeting point.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Performing our own operations, and THEN progressing to our rendezvous point.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
vEGdbQV.jpg

Name: Anne Taylors
Age & Date of Birth: 35, born on June 30, 2185

Race: Human
Psychological Profile:
  • Struggles deeply with Chronic Insomnia. This is due to both her reoccurring nightmares of the Reaper Crisis and the constant migraines from her L5x implants.
  • Trusts the other alien races of the Citadel. Due to her time spent on Thessia however she is considerably more familiar and comfortable with the Asari and their culture.
  • Strongly believes her own morals and code and she takes her role of protecting the weak and promoting galactic peace seriously.
  • Considerably outspoken and confident. Hand in hand with upholding her moral and code, records have shown she is not afraid to give her input and her approval or disdain towards the actions of her teammates. She acknowledges she is better than others but mostly refrains from bragging outright.
  • Unafraid to do what is necessary to get the mission done but shows signs of struggles with survivor's guilt. Her time spent in the 1st Special Operations Biotic Unit has had her personally sacrifice both friends and civilians to get her missions done despite her best efforts to complete mission objectives as well as maintain her honor.
Loadout:

Heavy Pistol: M-11 Suppressor
OHUhYAy.png

Submachine Gun: N7 Hurricane
3Z3tcWP.png

Omni-Tool : Anne like many others is always equipped with an Omni-Tool. Due to her lack of expertise in tech, her Omni-Tool is a standard model with both hacking and decryption capabilities as well as a normal standard Omni-Blade for melee combat. However she is capable and experienced using all three functions efficiently.

N7 Commando Armor: Thanks to her SPECTRE status, Anne is equipped with a prototype N7 armor set that has been designed to resemble those worn by the Asari Commandos in both appearance and function. The suit's main purpose is to augments her biotic abilities along with her implants, reducing the amount of time she needs to cast as well as helping her maintain the duration on biotic abilities like Singularity. In exchange for amplifying her offensive capabilities it sacrifices defensive power. Both the armor rating and it's kinetic shield power are considerably weaker than other N7 armors.
TUMPAtA.png

Operational Role: Adept

Biography: When the Reaper's were defeated by Commander Shepard and the racially diverse members of the SSV Normandy Annelise Taylors was only six years old. The galaxy was saved but not at a cost. Anne was the daughter of a heavily decorated but retired System Alliance Marshall and a home-maker mother but after the Reapers assault she was left orphaned. The resistance which was led by Captain Anderson took care of her initially, until after the war when she was transferred to Illium to live with her only remaining family member - her uncle.

It was there where she grew up with her uncle (who was also a retired Alliance officer) and his asari wife acting as her parents. She was always a brilliant girl and soared through school, garnering respect from her asari classmates. Later when she realized that she was capable of Biotics she was extended an invitation to attend the Ascension Project at Grissom Academy. Her uncle and aunt encouraged her and she left Illium for the first time. Her uncle had always told her stories about Earth so that she wouldn't forget where she came from. A station made completely out of humans was the closest she was to it since she originally left.

At first the fellow teenagers there made fun of Anne for acting more like an Asari than a human would. But her natural prowess in biotics soon hushed them. Like she had at Illium, Anne performed spectacularly in classes both mundane and biotic alike. When she graduated at the age of eighteen and the Academy asked her how she would like to be integrated into society they were surprised to see her ask to join the System Alliance Navy. At this time the Citadel and Protheans were on the brink of war. Regardless they respected her wishes and she joined the marines. She later garnered attention when she protected a pivotal foothold alone with her biotics long enough for reinforcements to come after her squad was slaughtered by Prothean forces.

Following this key moment, she was selected to undergo N-level specialized training and graduated to N7 two years after the Citadel-Prothean war was finished at the age of 26. She then joined the 1st Special Operations Biotic Unit and personally served under the second human Spectre Kaidan Alenko where she remained a loyal member for a total of six years. At 32 she was granted leave by the Special-Ops unit when she was nominated for Spectre status thanks to Alenko's personal recommendation. For the past three years she's served the council faithfully and when they began to assemble this special task force she volunteered.

Biotics:
  • Reave
  • Singularity
  • Warp
  • Throw

Talents:
  • Fitness
  • Biotic Mastery

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Romaan
@Artemis
A partnership does sound pretty cool. I'm open to the idea.

I'll get to pics for her weapons soon as I can. And sorry if the hood thing was confusing, that's just a creative method of her not needing an actual helmet, either for combat or when in less hospitable areas (like space) since i really don't like salarian helmets...
As far as the organization... that's just how I've always organized things, no one's ever cared how I formatted the CS before as long as the information was there, i'll see about rewriting it but i might not be able to get to that done till tomorrow morning
It's a preference. It shouldn't be too difficult, and won't require extensive rewriting, just rearranging. And time isn't an issue, since she's accepted anyhow.

iyana__zaar_vas_tarrez_by_rikona-d4yz0gl.jpg

Name: Lesa'Xaer nar Vaedir
Age & Date of Birth: 21, born May 18th, 2198
Race: Quarian
Psychological Profile:
  • Hypochondriac, a trait typically held by Quarians, even after the Reaper Crisis.
  • Deeply distrusting of Krogans, no matter how courteous they may be.
  • Generally isn't afraid to make off-color jokes in the least convenient situations.
  • Enjoys flirting with humans, Turians, and Asari whenever the chance comes up.
  • Brags relentlessly, whether or not the claims she makes are true. They usually aren't.
Loadout:
  • M-97 Viper (sniper rifle)
    200px-ME3_Viper_Sniper_Rifle.png
  • M-9 Tempest (submachine gun)
    200px-ME3_Tempest_Smg.png
  • Arc Pistol
  • Omni-Tool: Lesa is known to dabble with mechanics and engineering in her spare time, but is by no means as skilled as most other Quarians in the field of technology. Regardless, she makes plenty of attempts to repair broken equipment.
  • Survivor Armor: A heavily modified offshoot from standard Quarian enviro-suits, Lesa's armor protects her from contagion as efficiently as it does enemy fire. It contains compact shielding devices around her shoulders that provide temporary safety for her entire body when activated. The coloration on the suit is among its assortment of customized features, while the exotic strands of cloth that flow down from various parts of her armor are for decoration.
Operational Role: Engineer
Biography: WIP
Biotics: N/A
Talents:
Still a work-in-progress.
So far, it's looking good! Get that Bio and your powers up, and you'll be good! Also, as a heads-up, normal combat talents are a new category on the CS. You get 6 biotics and combat skills altogether, so choose wisely.
@Artemis
A partnership does sound pretty cool. I'm open to the idea.
That makes a whole bunch of sense! Thanks for the heads up.

Soo ... if I were to make a Geth similar to what I wrote about, would you want to be partners?
I was going to say that it would be a possibility, given how Quarians work in this universe.
vEGdbQV.jpg

Name: Anne Taylors
Age & Date of Birth: 39, born on June 30, 2180

Race: Human
Psychological Profile:
  • Struggles deeply with Chronic Insomnia. This is due to both her reoccurring nightmares of the Reaper Crisis and the constant migraines from her L5x implants.
  • Trusts the other alien races of the Citadel. Due to her time spent on Thessia however she is considerably more familiar and comfortable with the Asari and their culture.
  • Strongly believes her own morals and code and she takes her role of protecting the weak and promoting galactic peace seriously.
  • Considerably outspoken and confident. Hand in hand with upholding her moral and code, records have shown she is not afraid to give her input and her approval or disdain towards the actions of her teammates. She acknowledges she is better than others but mostly refrains from bragging outright.
  • Unafraid to do what is necessary to get the mission done but shows signs of struggles with survivor's guilt. Her time spent in the 1st Special Operations Biotic Unit has had her personally sacrifice both friends and civilians to get her missions done despite her best efforts to complete mission objectives as well as maintain her honor.
Loadout:

Heavy Pistol: M-11 Suppressor
OHUhYAy.png

Submachine Gun: N7 Hurricane
3Z3tcWP.png

Omni-Tool : Anne like many others is always equipped with an Omni-Tool. Due to her lack of expertise in tech, her Omni-Tool is a standard model with both hacking and decryption capabilities as well as a normal standard Omni-Blade for melee combat. However she is capable and experienced using all three functions efficiently.

N7 Commando Armor: Thanks to her SPECTRE status, Anne is equipped with a prototype N7 armor set that has been designed to resemble those worn by the Asari Commandos in both appearance and function. The suit's main purpose is to augments her biotic abilities along with her implants, reducing the amount of time she needs to cast as well as helping her maintain the duration on biotic abilities like Singularity. In exchange for amplifying her offensive capabilities, it sacrifices defensive power. Both the armor rating and her kinetic shield power are considerably weaker than other N7 armors.
TUMPAtA.png

Operational Role: Adept

Biography: (three paragraphs, 4-5 sentences each)

Biotics:
  • Reave
  • Singularity
  • Warp
  • Throw

Talents:
  • Fitness
  • Biotic Mastery

(STILL WIP. Just wanted to post it because after my browser almost crashed, it seems a good idea.)
Beautiful. Image and CS included. I'd like to point out, however, that just because she's a Spectre doesn't necessarily mean she's got access to N7 tech. If she's got connections with the Asari, it would be more reasonable if she got it from them. Unless, of course, you intended her to be N7. Then it would make sense. Either way, Anne's accepted.

May I save a spot? My character sheet will be up soon!

@The Philosoraptor It took me forever to find the picture oh my god. and it's actually miranda but yanno

Her N7 armor is explained the background I just put in which came out a little longer then I intended. Haha.

Glad to be aboard!

@The Philosoraptor It took me forever to find the picture oh my god. and it's actually miranda but ya no

Her N7 armor is explained the background I just put in which came out a little longer then I intended. Haha.

Glad to be aboard!
I mean, Miranda's got dat special thang that you just can't replicate with other people.

Everything's looking good, but my only possible concern is grammar. If I may be so bold, and with no offense intended, might I ask that you proof your IC posts before posting them? I simply see some commas in the wrong places, or plurals that should be singular. It's a bit of a nitpick, but I'm a Grammar Raptor at heart.

You're accepted, all the same. I look forward to having another ex-N7 operative to verbally spar with.

I mean, Miranda's got dat special thang that you just can't replicate with other people.

Everything's looking good, but my only possible concern is grammar. If I may be so bold, and with no offense intended, might I ask that you proof your IC posts before posting them? I simply see some commas in the wrong places, or plurals that should be singular. It's a bit of a nitpick, but I'm a Grammar Raptor at heart.

You're accepted, all the same. I look forward to having another ex-N7 operative to verbally spar with.
All is well Grammar Raptor, no offense taken. I know I have a tendency to write a bit sloppy when I'm eager to finish a character sheet or when I'm tired (I was cringing as I edited her background just now actually). I'll make sure it won't show in my IC posts. :p

• Thank You
Reactions: The Philosoraptor
SO. I'ma put a poll up. And it's going to decide how the opening of the IC is gonna go.

You all get to decide: Do we all begin separately, doing our own ops? Or are we already united, to save time manufacturing the story? Or, even more, are we already on the move to our destination?

SO. I'ma put a poll up. And it's going to decide how the opening of the IC is gonna go.

You all get to decide: Do we all begin separately, doing our own ops? Or are we already united, to save time manufacturing the story? Or, even more, are we already on the move to our destination?
I had assumed from the very beginning that we'd start out separated.
But anyways my application should be a bit more refined now.

I really like the idea of starting off where our characters are performing individual assignments leading to the rendezvous. Gives for some context building on how each performs. Just my thought.

My Geth character will be up soon. In the off chance it's rejected, I may make a human as well.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
I really like the idea of starting off where our characters are performing individual assignments leading to the rendezvous. Gives for some context building on how each performs. Just my thought.
Well, cast your votes! I'm using the poll as a gauge for where I should begin.
My Geth character will be up soon. In the off chance it's rejected, I may make a human as well.
If you make it solid, it won't get rejected. ;)

It certainly is, and I appreciate the detailed writing. However, you don't give anything in terms of how she became a Spectre, or where she got any extensive training to begin with.

To clarify the third option, we'd do our intro posts about our solo ops, get a transmission from the Council, and then I'll do a master post to speed us to the rendezvous.

tumblr_o9i1wyE17e1s6whwro2_r1_540.png

Name:
Batu M'aandosia

Age & Date of Birth:
197, born December 31, 2022

Race:
Asari

Appearance:
Her skin is darker than the normal blue Asari hue. She has several markings on her face, all a pale white- one noticeably on her lips in a sort of diagonal line between the upper and lower. Another white line also highlights the bridge of her nose and goes upward into a perfect circle on her forehead. These markings look more like clan markings, adopted out of affinity for her Turian heritage. They appear in the same pale color, but are more natural markings such as freckles that paint her cheeks and nose bridge and veiny lines that lead up to her handsome crest, whose tips are primarily white. Her body is lean, but not lacking in muscles. She has several faint scars, but none that draw the eye off the bat unless you would count her prosthetic left arm. It is fashioned more like a weapon, and does not hold her back thanks to current day technology. She makes no effort to hide it. The only handicap it gives her is the fact she cannot use her biotics through it, but more than makes up in it with its unnatural strength.

Psychological Profile:
  • Despite being young for an Asari and often taunted for wasting away her youth, Batu is world-weary and tactical. Having been one of the many to fight as vanguard during the Reaper Crisis, she suffers from a more-or-less manageable PTSD.
  • As a child of a prominent Matriarch she was assigned to commando training at a very young age to break her into leadership roles. Even with being an exceptional leader and actively fighting front line during the Reaper Crisis and onward, she currently refuses to lead teams and will either leave it to someone else or work alone.
  • Very extreme emotionally. She is either very distant and cold, or strongly affectionate and self-sacrificing. She is aware of this and tends to keep her distance from her squadmates.
  • Very good at deciphering people and situations.
  • Too hesitant, gets caught up in thinking about a situation too long. Paired up with a more berserker personality and it should balance out.
  • Has a good sense of humor, for an Asari. Probably from spending so much time around Humans, Goddess knows she doesn't get it from the Turians.
Weapons:

BLACK WIDOW- an old gift from an old friend, shes rusty around the edges but does the job like no other. Batu's preferred gun. She likes to hum to the ancient human tune whenever shes target practicing.

M-96 MATTOC - got it off a dead krogan who was hired by some big Prothean higher ups. Tuchanka might be up and running better than back in the day but money's money and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Still, miracle he wasn't using a shotgun.

SCORPION - she could literally kiss the salarian whose lifeless fingers she prowled it from.

Operational Role: Closest resembling a Vanguard

Biography:
Batu was born into one of the more prominent families in the Asari hierarchy, a child of Thessia in it's prime. It was a time before the arrival of humans onto the scene, prior to war upon war that would tear the galaxy that she grew up in apart. She still swears she can remember as far back as her first 10 years, something rare in Asari since their lifespans are so long. "If you can remember the good, comparing it to the bad is inevitable, and the sweet becomes sour."
Her father, her mother had told her, was a fine Turian general but had been nothing more than a daliance. With this, Batu was fine. It was normal, common even, for Asari children to not have their "father" involved in their raising. Her mother, on the other hand, was the sister of the now Asari Councilor Irissa. The opposite of her sister- rash and wild and unpredictable. It was what got her killed. A life of calmness and privilege turned into a life of calamity and politics as Batu was forced to leave Thessia to join Irissa on the Citadel, where her aunt aided the Asari Councilor of the time, ambitious as ever.
It wasn't entirely miserable, but the Citadel was so different from the calm, blue Thessia that Batu found no love for it. Irissa, nevertheless, dragged her to every Council meeting, and to every interaction with every ambassador, with every general, with every alien imaginable. It gave her one of her most valuable abilities- insight. She learned from Irissa how to deal with people. How to tell what they wanted and how to give it to them. Every little once-alien expression she managed to decipher and read. At one point, the Council called a meeting for some obscure matter, something relating to Turian-Volus relations and whether it was truly acceptable to even have host species [the issues they had to deal with then! what she wouldn't give for them today!] and Batu took a seconds' glance at the parties involved and stood on her toes and whispered to Irissa exactly what each one was thinking and what they wanted and what they would get. Irissa nudged it off for no more than twenty minutes before everything Batu said proved to be true. Perhaps it was then that the older Asari decided it was time to send Batu away. Whether it was because her Aunt saw her as potentially in danger, or even a threat Batu did not know. Maybe it was because she wanted to allow her niece to expand on this gift. In any case, she was sent to an Asari Commando training camp at the mere age of twenty! Hardly but a child!
Complaints were of no use against the immovable Irissa, and off Batu went. The details of the training will be spared, but it was undoubtedly gruesome- on par more or less with N7 training. She spent 5 years in training, graduated top of her class, and was sent on missions across the galaxy. At one point, she even joined a Turian task force in order to learn their strategies. Though that lasted only a few years, it was perhaps the most humorless period of her life, accounting even the Reaper Crisis. Not to say it was without merit. She made one friend there, a female turian, who she regarded as her best friend for many years. Lyn, as Batu called her for short, had the grand idea in her head to become a Spectre. The idea never interested Batu; it was too tangled up with the Council. Due to her earlier years, the Asari was terribly unfond of authoritarians. Lyn, however, had this vision of being a protector of the galaxy, not just Turian interests. It was endearing. Eventually, Lyn dragged her to do a sort of test-training program for the Spectres with her. It was a breeze at first, but as the candidates got narrowed and narrowed they started going on more dangerous missions. Batu had been used to it, but Lyn... Batu told her to call it quits, but the turian refused. And Batu refused to leave her. Lyn died in her arms, just like her mother had- from stupid brashness and childish stubbornness. Her friend made her promise to carry it out, to be good and be great. And Batu did.
The fact she survived and managed to complete the mission caught the overseeing Spectres' eyes. She was assigned a personal Spectre around the age of 80 who she went on missions with, eventually being "knighted" by the Council as a new Spectre.
It didn't feel grand- it felt like being tied down, like drowning. But she did it for Lyn. Looking back on it now, Batu wish she was wise enough to call herself foolish for keeping such a terrible promise that would lead her to fight so long and so hard for nothing, but she would do it again.
The Reaper Crisis came.
And the Reaper Crisis went.
Years passed and her PTSD didn't get better. She still woke up in the middle of the night in sweat and sobs that wrecked her body, and scratch marks from where she'd clawed herself the night before. Wondering again and again if she could've saved them. Even just one more..
Years passed and the Reapers fell.
Years passed and the Protheans rose.

She kept herself busy with shake-down runs and catching some cartel criminals, nothing too hard but she didn't want to get rusty. She managed to keep her promise without getting attached to people like she had with Lyn and others after her. In that way, she managed not to lose anymore people so the solution sticked. It was hard to imagine living 800 more years, and sometimes she envied the shorter lived species for that.
The Protheans and their ambition reminded her of Irissa in an ironic way. Perhaps she should have expected getting the offer from her aunt then; one ambitious, cruel, cold monster must devour the other after all; an act of sick cannibalism. But she had fought worse creatures before and the rise of another galaxy-consuming Goliath could not be allowed. Not again. As she sent the confirmation message to her aunt she hoped she wouldn't regret it.

Biotics:

Charge
Nova
Pull
Shockwave

Talents:

Fitness

Last edited:

tumblr_o99llpE7uq1s6whwro1_540.png

(this is like a 10 min sketch ill make a better ref soon!!)
Name:
Batu M'aandosia

Age & Date of Birth:
197, born December 31, 2022

Race:
Asari

Appearance:
Her skin is darker than the normal blue Asari hue, an odd color that can only be described as an onyx blue. She has several markings on her face, all a pale white- one noticeably on her lips, a sort of diagonal line between the upper and lower, and another white line that highlights the bridge of her nose and goes upward into a perfect circle on her forehead. These markings look more like clan markings, adopted out of affinity for her Turian heritage. In the same pale color, but more natural markings are freckles that paint her cheeks and nose bridge and veiny lines that lead up to her handsome crest, whose tips are primarily white. Her body is lean, but not lacking in muscles. She has several faint scars, but none that draw the eye off the bat, unless you would count her prosthetic left arm. It is fashioned more like a weapon, and does not hold her back thanks to current day technology, and she makes no effort to hide it. The only handicap it gives her is the fact she cannot use her biotics through it, but more than makes up in it with its unnatural strength.

Psychological Profile:
  • Despite being young for an Asari and often taunted for wasting away her youth, Batu is world-weary and tactical, having been one of the many to fight as the vanguard during the Reaper Crisis and suffers from a more-or-less manageable PTSD.
  • As a child of a prominent Matriarch, she was assigned to commando training at a very young age to break her into leadership roles. Even with being exceptional and actively fighting front line during the Reaper Crisis and onward, she refuses to lead teams and will either leave it to someone else, or work alone.
  • Very extreme emotionally. She is either very distant and cold, or strongly affectionate and self-sacrificing. She is aware of this and tends to keep her distance from her squadmates.
  • Very good at deciphering people and situations.
  • Too hesitant, gets caught up in thinking about a situation too long. Pair up with a more berserker personality and it should balance out.
  • Has a good sense of humor, for an Asari. Probably from spending so much time around Humans, Goddess knows she doesn't get it from the Turians.
Weapons:

BLACK WIDOW- an old gift from an old friend, shes rusty around the edges but does the job like no other. Batu's preferred gun. She likes to hum to the ancient human tune whenever shes target practicing.

M-96 MATTOC - got it off a dead krogan who was hired by some big Prothean higher ups. Tuchanka might be up and running better than back in the day but money's money and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Still, miracle he wasn't using a shotgun.

SCORPION - she could literally kiss the salarian whose lifeless fingers she prowled it from.

Operational Role: Closest resembling a Vanguard

Biography:
Batu was born into one of the most prominent families in the Asari hierarchy, a child of Thessia in it's prime; before the arrival of humans onto the scene, prior to war upon war that would tear the galaxy apart. She still swears she can remember as far back as her first 10 years, something rare in Asari since their lifespans are so long, although she promises it a curse. "If you can remember the good, comparing it to the bad is inevitable, and the sweet becomes sour." Her father, her mother had told her, was a fine Turian general but had been nothing more than a daliance. With this, Batu was fine. It was normal, common even, for Asari children to not have their "father" involved in their raising. Her mother, on the other hand, was the sister of the now Asari Councilor Irissa. The opposite of her sister- rash and wild and unpredictable. It was what got her killed. A life of calmness and privilege turned into a life of calamity and politics, she was forced to leave Thessia to join Irissa on the Citadel, where her aunt aided the Asari Councilor of that time, ambitious as ever.
It wasn't entirely miserable, but the Citadel was so different from the calm, blue Thessia, Batu found no love for it. Irissa, nevertheless, dragged her to every Council meeting, to every interaction with every ambassador, with every general, with every alien imaginable. It gave her one of her most valuable abilities- insight. She learned from Irissa how to deal with people, how to tell what they wanted and how to give it to them. Every little once-alien expression she managed to decipher and read. At one point, the Council called a meeting for some obscure matter, something relating to Turian-Volus relations and whether it was truly acceptable to even have host species [the issues they had to deal with then! what she wouldn't give for them today!] and Batu took a seconds' glance at the parties involved and stood on her toes and whispered to Irissa exactly what each one was thinking and what they wanted and what they would get. Irissa nudged it off for not more than twenty minutes before everything Batu said proved to be true. Perhaps it was then that the older Asari decided it was time to send Batu away, whether it was because her Aunt saw her as potentially in danger, or even a threat, or because she wanted to allow her niece to expand on this gift, she was sent to an Asari Commando training camp at the mere age of twenty! Hardly but a child!
But complaints were no use to the immovable Irissa, and off she went. The details of the training will be spared, but it was undoubtedly gruesome, on par more or less with N7 training. She spent 5 years in training, graduated top of her class, and was sent on missions across the galaxy. At one point, she even joined a Turian task force in order to learn their strategies and though that lasted a few years it was perhaps the most humorless years of her life, accounting even the Reaper Crisis, not to say it was without merit. She made one friend there, a female turian, who she regarded as her best friend for many years. Lyn, as Batu called her for short, had the grand idea in her head to be a Spectre. The idea never interested Batu, it was too tangled up with the Council, who because of her earlier years, she never grew fond of. But Lyn had this vision of being a protector of the galaxy, not just Turian interests. It was endearing. Eventually, Lyn dragged her to do a sort of test-training program for the Spectres with her. It was a breeze at first, but as the candidates got narrowed and narrowed they started going on more dangerous missions. Batu had been used to it, but Lyn... Batu told her to call it quits, but the turian refused. And Batu refused to leave her. Lyn died in her arms, just like her mother had- from her stupid brashness and childish stubbornness. "Protect the galaxy, huh Bats? Do it for me, promise." And Batu did.
The fact she survived however, and managed to complete the mission, caught the overseeing Spectre's eyes. She was assigned a personal Spectre who she went on missions with, eventually being "knighted" by the Council as a new Spectre.
It didn't feel grand, it felt like being tied down, like drowning. But she did it for Lyn. Looking back on it now, Batu wish she was wise enough to call herself foolish for keeping such a terrible promise that would lead her to fight so long and so hard for nothing, yet she would do it again.
The Reaper Crisis came.
And the Reaper Crisis went.
Years passed and her PTSD didn't get better; she still woke up in the middle of the night in sweat and sobs that wrecked her body and scratch marks from where she'd clawed herself the night before, still wondering if she could've saved them. Even just one more-
Years passed and Reapers fell.
Years passed and the Protheans rose.
Irissa was the one that nominated her for this damned mission. Goddess forsake that Asari. "I know you don't like this but-"
"I dont do these things anymore, Irissa. I do shake-down runs and catch a few drug cartel criminals. That's it."
"But you will. You're still young, and I've seen you do harder and get through worse."
"I-"
"Be ready by 9:00"
And the comm link was shut, and Batu felt like she was twenty and being thrown into Commando training all over again.

Biotics:
Yes!

Talents:

Charge
Nova
Fitness
Pull
Shockwave

Kay. So, my only recommendations are: Watch the writing quality. You've clearly got a good head on your shoulders, and the character's quite interesting. But there are plenty of points where there are some questionable decisions made (I'm not sure how I feel about including quotations in the bio. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure), or commas out of place, some run-on sentences. Maybe do what I asked BearEnthusiast to do, proof your posts before posting them?

Second, and this is more a nitpick, I'd just like to point out that your Biotic powers go under Biotics. Talents encompass everything non-biotic.

• Thank You
I'm noticing more and more that we have a LOT of M-11 Suppressors.

yeah i noticed too, but i wasn't sure if i should've said something

No, no. It just makes us seem like real professional killers. Except for Legentis and Roman. They just HAD to fill their arsenals with weapons that might be more practical in the long run. Pfft. Nerds.

Status
Not open for further replies.