Mass-Crossover RP, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. But I should point out that the Stars DO get the Amnesia like the Resistance.

But as I should ALSO point out for all Resistance members and Stars alike: (I forgot to mention this part, Whoops? ^^; )

The Amnesia only effects the memories of their lives. The Knowledge they have in intelligence, or combat, or the little minute details makes up their general traits of personalities (A love of food, or fashion sense, or anything of that sort), are still remembered. The Names and faces that surround those memories however, the people they have met and lived with, the locations they've went to, The Memories of their lives - both the good and the bad - are effected and gone.

The Memories they have are only the ones that make them warriors, or useful, or in the Stars case, capable of defending themselves and, again, useful. Everything else is gone.
I don't agree with that idea. You'll be giving the villains an unfair advantage. Plus, some might find it a lot more difficult to roleplay like that. This is just my opinion.

I don't agree with that idea. You'll be giving the villains an unfair advantage. Plus, some might find it a lot more difficult to roleplay like that. This is just my opinion.
See it as a challenge to grow with.
This isn't just about living out some half assed fandom fantasy it's also about writing a good story. <.<

I don't agree with that idea.[BCOLOR=#ff0000] You'll be giving the villains an unfair advantage.[/BCOLOR] Plus, some might find it a lot more difficult to roleplay like that. This is just my opinion.
No offence ment. but isn't this the premise of like EVERY anime and such ever? villan has unfair advantage, good guys have to team up/find hidden power/belive in themselves ect to beat them?

See it as a challenge to grow with.
This isn't just about living out some half assed fandom fantasy it's also about writing a good story. <.<
Exactly, but what is the point of the heroes never get back their memories?

Getting your memories back is only a small worry compared to what you will be facing. ^^

The Names and faces that surround those memories however, the people they have met and lived with, the locations they've went to, The Memories of their lives - both the good and the bad - are effected and gone.

The Memories they have are only the ones that make them warriors, or useful, or in the Stars case, capable of defending themselves and, again, useful. Everything else is gone.
It is never mentioned if they will ever get them back.

Exactly, but what is the point of the heroes never get back their memories?
As Silvir already said, I never said anything about them not getting those memories back. I have no intentions of absolutely erasing those memories.

Actually, erasing the memories probably isn't the best way of putting it. It's more like the Memories are sealed. Still technically there, but forgotten. I do intend on those memories getting back. ...How and when, I'm still working on, I'd wager somewhere in the middle, possibly latter-middle.

But yes, you are right in that it does give the villains an advantage. Admittingly, I've tried to balance this out to the best of my ability because, well, I predicted this kind of reaction. But as Eddieddi and Silvir has pointed out, this is a challenge that is often found in fiction. The resistance is small compared to the Empire, and that is as it should be. They can't just go right into the fight and expect to achieve victory after all, they have to use their mind and different skills to overcome those giant odds.

As for the Stars, the Faction that both your characters are a part of. The balance in their part is not only the fact that they have no real enemies, save perhaps for one or two, but they have a guardian with them to help them out. The Resistance has a guardian that can assist but not as much, and while the Empire has a Guardian, ...Heh, He's not going to do a thing for them, he's doing enough as it is, whether they know it or not.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lord President Nick
Eh.

I was thinking of having one of my characters end up bringing along a photo of a loved one to give them a reason to be with the Stars, just so that they had some connection to their past, and a reason to recover it.

...Would that be allowed, @The Jest ?

WAIT am I the only good guy?! SHIT.
I need to start building more peoples!

Eh.

I was thinking of having one of my characters end up bringing along a photo of a loved one to give them a reason to be with the Stars, just so that they had some connection to their past, and a reason to recover it.

...Would that be allowed, @The Jest ?
Well, having a picture is allowed, but they're not going to remember who's on it. Odds are they'll be looking at it and going..."...Who is this...? ...He/She looks familiar but...Nothing, I can't remember a thing."

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Well, having a picture is allowed, but they're not going to remember who's on it. Odds are they'll be looking at it and going..."...Who is this...? ...He/She looks familiar but...Nothing, I can't remember a thing."
That was basically the extent of where I was going to take it. Thanks Jest.

0-0 i have a good char i just haven't put it up yet

right, cus I'm on the verdge of making something crazy. like a list of loads of good guys.

As Silvir already said, I never said anything about them not getting those memories back. I have no intentions of absolutely erasing those memories.

Actually, erasing the memories probably isn't the best way of putting it. It's more like the Memories are sealed. Still technically there, but forgotten. I do intend on those memories getting back. ...How and when, I'm still working on, I'd wager somewhere in the middle, possibly latter-middle.

But yes, you are right in that it does give the villains an advantage. Admittingly, I've tried to balance this out to the best of my ability because, well, I predicted this kind of reaction. But as Eddieddi and Silvir has pointed out, this is a challenge that is often found in fiction. The resistance is small compared to the Empire, and that is as it should be. They can't just go right into the fight and expect to achieve victory after all, they have to use their mind and different skills to overcome those giant odds.

As for the Stars, the Faction that both your characters are a part of. The balance in their part is not only the fact that they have no real enemies, save perhaps for one or two, but they have a guardian with them to help them out. The Resistance has a guardian that can assist but not as much, and while the Empire has a Guardian, ...Heh, He's not going to do a thing for them, he's doing enough as it is, whether they know it or not.
Now, that's better. Thank you for explaining it to me. ^_^

You think you'll have the OOC up before tomorrow?

Well that depends, how far is Tomorrow in your case? In my case, I don't know. I might be able to get it out just before the day ends for me, but I can't make any promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.