Masks of God

Letters seemed to flash in front of Deirdre's face, cryptic and illuminating and all together, clearly some kind of cheap trick. Pulling her mask away from her face in an almost vicious motion, Deirdre held it in her hand with a disapproving look on her face. She glanced at the stranger who had approached them. Since he was asking if they had seen anything, she assumed he'd also witnessed some sort of weird vision. She turned the mask over in her hand, examining especially the inside of it.

"Ugh, it's probably some sort of moronic movie stunt. You know that kind of thing 'Hey, let's do some viral promoting. We'll leave masks laying around and they'll have some sort of weird technology to play a movie preview' or something like that. I don't know. It doesn't look like there's any screen over the eyes but who knows what kind of stuff they've made for these things, right?" She tried to infuse her words with an air of confidence, though she wasn't even entirely sure of her explanation.

Trying to seem nonchalant, she bit into her cupcake and took a sip of her tea to mix the two in her mouth. She loved the sweetness of the cupcake with the bitterness of the coffee. It balanced out nicely, since she didn't like things too sweet or too bitter. She lowered her lashes, peering from beneath them at the cupcake in her hand.

"I'm Deirdre, by the way."

"Bar and grill it is then" she mumbled as she stood up, fixing her short silver skirt and her white low v-neck blouse. As she waited for Jak to check out his books she took the time to look at Connor. "Do you think, this is all coincidence or something far more mysterious?" her voice was low and calculated, Satrina did not want anyone to overheard their conversation. She search for her phone inside the messenger back and found it, pulling it out she looked at the time. Almost 6' clock, it was not that she was in a hurried but she wanted to know how long it will take them to talk about the masks. Sighing she looked around the library at nothing in particular and frowned. Her mind was racing with all sorts of silly possibilities as to why she and the boys had the masks. Can't be good, I am almost sure of that.