Maschinen Märchen (Steampunk)

Yeah. You could go ahead and post.

The plot will formally start by the mid-point of scene three. Up until this point we have been introducing the Exposition (The exposition introduces all of the main characters in the story. It shows how they relate to one another, what their goals and motivations are, and the kind of person they are.) We'll encounter our first foe soon and the action will start. :)

Ok, will do first thing tomorrow. I got confused, will fix tardiness right away!

Are things moving too fast for you or too much of a clusterf***k? You've mentioned that you have been confused more than once.

What OK and I had in mind for the characters follows the 8 classic archetypes that show up in all stories. These will obviously become more in depth as time goes on.

The Hero (he who must face death and come into his own power) Gin

The Shadow (he who embodies the dark and villainous sides of the hero) Letum Highrule

The Shapeshifter (the love interest who shows the hero the other side of things) For Gin: Could be W’Saylia. For Roland: It is Reggie. Prince Fred in general is this archtype since he views things from different povs all the time.

The Mentor (he who trains and guides the hero): Roland to most of the characters it seems.

The Ally (he who follows the hero and helps him out at certain stages) Hrum, W'Saylia, Reggie, the Princess.

The Trickster (he who never takes things seriously and cuts people down to size): Princess Sparkles, to a lesser extent Reggie and Roland.

The Herald (he who brings warnings to the hero and inspires him to begin his adventure): The war and then the dreams that Gin will have as the story progresses. Is also a character, but they will be revealed later.--->Is the narrator in the reddish color at the start of chapters.

The Guardian (he who stands in the way of the hero and must be overcome on the path): Is not the main antagonist of the plot. Currently there has not been one revealed.

Oh no, don't worry too much about it! I didn't know there was such a structure, that is neat. I am just motstly confused about posting order, and if non GM RPers are reactionary or exploratory in their posting style.

In general we don't follow a direct posting order. Let's say you have an idea inspire you and if you feel like posting then go with it. I follow the philiopshy that the first ideas that come to mind are generally closer to what you want seen done. The best games are ones that get new members excited enough--that "It's awesome and I want to add to this!" feeling that inspires fanfiction. But also feels open enough to let them contribute meaningfully. Non-GM players can go either way; whatever feels more comfortable with you at the time.

Sorry for not posting in the OOC. I was a bit busy with some other RPs I was in. Too bad they're headed for the dead now.

Anyways, very interesting about the character types! Gin and W'Saylia, I wonder how that would work out. Haha. W'Saylia's very quiet while Gin tends to ramble on a lot. But heeeeeyyyy...I will not lie, I kinda like it. Hee hee.

Sorry about the forbidden magic one, it's kinda slow.

Summer is ending and all the compulsory education kids are leave us :p

Hah, it's okay. The others are probably busy with school. Not a problem, since it was my first RP. What can you expect? :P I might make another one, but I don't want to clog the RP forums with dead RPs of mine. (That and I have to think of a plot first)

If either of you have any questions about the narrative styles that I use in my RPs just feel free to ask. A lot of people don't. I promise I don't bit heads off if you are ever confused.

So, who's up to post now that we've arrived in Kikkoman?

I should probably post soon; I just finished moving so I've been busy the past few days.

If I don't post before my train ride, then I will Monday-ish. If that's inconvenient, Rory may hijack Reggie.

I apologize for not posting in a while. Been distracted by a minor fit of depression/stress. Things are looking better now that I've found out that I indeed passed both my stats and math courses I took over the summer. :D

Grats! What were the courses?

Both the classes dealt with political stats.

I'm not sure what to post after Rory's post, so for now I'll just let someone else post for the time-being.

Yeah, we are kind of at a turning point in the game. If you really wanted you could post your reaction to the news, and such.

Basically what happened is this:

Gin had a dream about an ancient weapon that only the princess can unlock.

The Council wants war.

Gin is questioned by a General of Odoaker (Kaine Rynis) then turned to his mentor, The knight of winter, Hordland, who basically said that it is up to the princess on what we shall do.

Rory is working on the next post for Princess Sparkle that will take us into the next part of the story.

I posted for Octo, since he'll be busy for the next few days. He is right; we have reached the point, in which we should know our characters well enough that we can start on the quest. If you wish to interject with any of your characters feel free to do so. The post ended "early," so to speak to give you time to react if you want too.

I'm sorry for not posting. I've been very busy. I'll try to post today.