Maschinen Märchen (Steampunk)

Okay, thanks! I'll PM you a couple of questions I have before I make my character.

----EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT----------

Okay, here's my character:

Character Name: W’Saylia Vyolith
Job/Role: Apprentice Knight-in-Training to Knight of Winter
General Appearance:
girlknight.jpg
She stands at 5’8’’. Her hair is black and long, trailing down to her waist. It is rarely if not never tied. Her eyes are almost as dark and her skin is somewhat pale. (It won't let me post the picture for some reason so I just have to give the link to it. I'll try to fix it later.)
Current Goal/Purpose: To graduate to a Knight and help her master in any way possible.
General Personality: W’Saylia is generally a very quiet person, only saying things necessary. She leaves the talking to other people and would rather act on her own actions. Most of the time, she keeps a calm demeanor and rarely jokes around due to her being fully committed to her duty. She is a “go-forward” person and hardly ever stays on one thing for very long. She doesn’t smile, but when pleased she often has a sparkle in her eyes.
General History: W’Saylia came from another Kingdom to the Odoaker during the great peace era. She was raised by parents who believed it was everyone person’s duty to do whatever they can to help their country. This being embedded in her mind, she decided she wanted to become a knight. She trained by herself for 3 years starting at age 13 then traveled to Odoaker when she was 16. After being chosen as an apprentice for the Knight of Winter, she began to train under him for 3 more years.

Alright, looks good. Welcome aboard.

No problem. Glad to help.

I am assuming for the moment that there is one ..

Hello, we don't have a formal posting order per say. In general, as long as you don't double post you can do as much as you like.

Okay. I usually try to let everyone else post before I post again.

Alright, please get in your final opening scene thoughts in ASAP. I will be moving the plot along to Episode 2 by August 1st.

Alrighty, Rory! (Though I think my last one actually kinda qualifies for a final thoughts thingy but who can be sure? Not me.)

I am also finished for now.

Chapter Two is now opened. Decided to give a vague understanding about what the Maschinen is. This chapter will probably be another fairly quick one with both parties making their way to Kikkomon. If you wish for a small time jump, then be sure to mention it somewhere in your post. If not, then feel free to continue from where you last left off in Chapter One.

Side Note: Letum is going to be a NPC for most of the game, so if any of you wish to control him feel free to do so.

Alright.

By the way, on your End of Chapter 1 post, I noticed you took control of Reggie. Is Fluffy no longer in the RP or is Fluffy busy?

Good question. In this case, Fluffy and I are co-authors on several projects outside of Iwaku, so we know each other's writing styles well. From time to time, we'll use each other's characters.

In normal standards, the only people that will "hijack" will be the GM (that'd be either myself or October) in order to move the story along if we hit a "dry spell."

We try to limit it as much as possible, because "hijacking" doesn't generally let the other players get a chance to tell their part of the story. If you wish to use a character in your post, just ask in this thread, so you can discuss your ideas with other players.

Okay, just wondering.

I've been trying to put a little mini-picture of my character on my posts like you and some of the others do, but it never comes out right. It's either too big or too small and I can't resize it. Any suggestions? If not, not a problem. Not that big of a deal anyway.

Most photo editing software can crop and resize. Just make sure you keep the width to height ratio constant and you can resize it however you want. Back in my day photobucket was the popular choice .. there are image hosts these days that are faster (imgur), but there is no way to create an account and edit photos online. You can try Picassa .. or whatever Google's photo web service is called these days.

A couple things you can do:

Like Unanun said, you can upload through Photo bucket, or a simular image hosting site, and re-size before putting it into your post

OR

The simple method, and one that I use, you can upload directly from your computer using the 'Insert image' at the top of this 'quick reply' box. Once the picture is in your post you can then click the image and get simplified options for size and placement.

Alright, let me try.

girlknight.jpg

EDIT: Gah, when I resize it while I'm typing it seems to resize, but when I post it it goes super size again.

Attachments

• 1236924843_4_n75l_1.jpeg
    1236924843_4_n75l_1.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
  • girlknight.jpg
    girlknight.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 3
girlknight.jpg

Here. (Click on it, I guess, for actual size. Resave to image hosting, post direct )

Brings back memories. 5 - 6 years ago making avatars was an artform. Proboards only let you use 100 x 100 avatars and you had to carefully select what you wanted, in a square, and downsize it. Do you take native size 100 x 100 and get better quality? Crop a tiny pic and blow it up to pixelation death? Crop a 400 x 400 and downsize it until it gets artifacts from compression? You only get a square - what do you want?

Avatars, back then, frequently defined a character. Pix is the soul.