Marylyn Castas Memorial Hospital Sign ups and Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody want to have their character room with mine? Hopefully will help initiate character relationships/conversation.

Name: Alex Belnitski

Disorders: PTSD, Schizophrenia, Self-Harm, Depression, Anxiety

Personality: A very quiet and introverted man, rarely initiating conversation with other people, has been known to have an extremely dry wit but is known now for being extremely negative. He tries his best to be kind and patient with others but also has a very short temper which he tries desperately to keep under control.

Strengths: Very physically fit, using exercise as a coping measure with his mental health. Also very adept at DIY jobs and has very good observation skills, also an avid reader on many subjects.

Weaknesses: Has a very short temper and poor impulse control, as well as trust issues and paranoid tendencies. As well as extremely quiet to the point of awkwardness, he also is very anxious around women and people he finds threatening.

General fears: Physical touch, despises being touched by people without prior consent, even with consent he is uneasy. Sudden noises and movement, both of which often send him into a hyper-alert state.

History: Born to a poor family in an inner city where 3 generations of his family lived, his grandfather was a Polish veteran of the Second World War who emigrated after the war and driven to draconian authoritarianism and weekend alcoholism from the trauma of his own memories he was an emotionally abusive but honored figure within the household, these traits rubbed off onto his father (whose mother died shortly after his birth) and continued even after the old man died when Alex was 4, his father was worse in many ways as his grandfather was rarely violent, his father didn't share the sentiment and often attacked Alex and his mother feeling provoked from the smallest of discrepancies, he and his mother secretly celebrated when the man died when Alex was 15. His school life was equally as miserable as his home life. Often bullied with little to no friends, Alex soon turned to violence and self-harm in sixth grade much to the anger of the school and the wrath of his father and disappointment from his mother, who was a very quiet and timid woman, even after his father's death. He soon had a reputation as a delinquent, despite behaving in classes and doing homework to a high standard. In his teen years, his mental health quickly deteriorated. Depression and anxiety befell him, he had nightmares nearly ever night and stopped sleeping properly. He graduated from high school despite, and soon began jumping from low level job to another , that is when his temper really began to flare and his hallucinations started, he tried to cope with these until he slashed his wrists when he was 21 and nearly killed himself, he was hospitalized after that and later committed when he told a nurse of his anguish.

General Appearance: A man of average height but very well built, with rough calloused hands from years of hard work. He wears his hair in a long dark brown pony tail and a beard, his eyes are shockingly blue and cold looking, he never seems to blink. He unconsciously always keeps himself in a good posture with his back straight and with his hands by his side. His skin is covered in quite a few scars nearly all over his body, except his face. The numerous scars on his back were formed by his father and his belt.

I hope this is alright. Let me know if there are any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rainjay and Melia
Name: Alex Belnitski

Disorders: PTSD, Schizophrenia, Self-Harm, Depression, Anxiety

Personality: A very quiet and introverted man, rarely initiating conversation with other people, has been known to have an extremely dry wit but is known now for being extremely negative. He tries his best to be kind and patient with others but also has a very short temper which he tries desperately to keep under control.

Strengths: Very physically fit, using exercise as a coping measure with his mental health. Also very adept at DIY jobs and has very good observation skills, also an avid reader on many subjects.

Weaknesses: Has a very short temper and poor impulse control, as well as trust issues and paranoid tendencies. As well as extremely quiet to the point of awkwardness, he also is very anxious around women and people he finds threatening.

General fears: Physical touch, despises being touched by people without prior consent, even with consent he is uneasy. Sudden noises and movement, both of which often send him into a hyper-alert state.

History: Born to a poor family in an inner city where 3 generations of his family lived, his grandfather was a Polish veteran of the Second World War who emigrated after the war and driven to draconian authoritarianism and weekend alcoholism from the trauma of his own memories he was an emotionally abusive but honored figure within the household, these traits rubbed off onto his father (whose mother died shortly after his birth) and continued even after the old man died when Alex was 4, his father was worse in many ways as his grandfather was rarely violent, his father didn't share the sentiment and often attacked Alex and his mother feeling provoked from the smallest of discrepancies, he and his mother secretly celebrated when the man died when Alex was 15. His school life was equally as miserable as his home life. Often bullied with little to no friends, Alex soon turned to violence and self-harm in sixth grade much to the anger of the school and the wrath of his father and disappointment from his mother, who was a very quiet and timid woman, even after his father's death. He soon had a reputation as a delinquent, despite behaving in classes and doing homework to a high standard. In his teen years, his mental health quickly deteriorated. Depression and anxiety befell him, he had nightmares nearly ever night and stopped sleeping properly. He graduated from high school despite, and soon began jumping from low level job to another , that is when his temper really began to flare and his hallucinations started, he tried to cope with these until he slashed his wrists when he was 21 and nearly killed himself, he was hospitalized after that and later committed when he told a nurse of his anguish.

General Appearance: A man of average height but very well built, with rough calloused hands from years of hard work. He wears his hair in a long dark brown pony tail and a beard, his eyes are shockingly blue and cold looking, he never seems to blink. He unconsciously always keeps himself in a good posture with his back straight and with his hands by his side. His skin is covered in quite a few scars nearly all over his body, except his face. The numerous scars on his back were formed by his father and his belt.

I hope this is alright. Let me know if there are any problems.
Looks good. You are free to post.

(idk what to post because I'm super busy. I'll probably post an excuse to run away because I really don't want to delay the characters. I'm so sorry!)

I'm waiting on a reply or two from @Professor Objection and @SarcasticNarhwal. If you're not able to play, can you reply with a means of writing your character out of an interacting role? Example: Doctor asks to have a meeting with the character or they would rather do something else. Whatever works for your characters. I just know we have some others who are waiting to get involved with other characters as well so anything to help keep the story moving.

Thank you.

I'm waiting on a reply or two from @Professor Objection and @SarcasticNarhwal. If you're not able to play, can you reply with a means of writing your character out of an interacting role? Example: Doctor asks to have a meeting with the character or they would rather do something else. Whatever works for your characters. I just know we have some others who are waiting to get involved with other characters as well so anything to help keep the story moving.

Thank you.
Apologies for not replying earlier. I wasn't entirely sure what to say.

Name: Cassandra 'Cass' Aaron
Education: Still receiving her's in High school
Admittance: CPS did, Cass is very reluctant about it.
disorders/"issues": depression, some self harm, nicotine addiction, PTSD, and a phobia of therapists.
Strengths: Art, reading, music, nurturing for those similar to her.
Weaknesses: her issues, is a bit snarky at times, tries to bottle her issues up, tries to get her stuff to come on through.

Appearance: In her file there are two pictures. one is of a sweet innocent looking girl with mid-back length brown hair in sweater and knee length skirt with some of that evangelical Christianity and conflicted doubting look in her. The other one of a girl who has gone in full rebellion. Hair dyed black and cut choppily with some streaks in it. pierceings and tomboyish clothes with her eyes showing defiance but other stuff as well. A betrayed and severely damaged spirit.

Personality: The girl is pretty shaken. adding in her strengths and weak points she can be quite kind to others. also religion is a very touchy subject as she was once one of the very major believers and now doesn't know what to believe in. Has a very rough outer shell and does her best to keep others away from her. After what happened with her family she has major trust issues and a divived mind. part wishes to be the monster and unatural thing she is and the other to show what they claim is wrong and she is still her. whatever that means these days.

History: Before all this she was a rather artistically (in music, art and writing) teen. though she was raised as an evangelical household so you can imagine how that channeled into. She was pretty much the perfect daughter in her parents eyes: quiet, obedient, didn't show off her body, and so forth. Then they learned one quiet summer evening at supper that she was a lesbian when she came out to them. At first she was met with simple disbelief. then came the rejection and scorn until she got 'better'. And that meant going to an Ex-gay therapist. With a little known fact of being attracted to teenage girls. getting rejection from family and pretty much used for pleasure from the "therapist" and no help coming from art she sank and lashed out in an-all-out-rebellion sort of way. Of course there were pretty nasty fights which is what got CPS called in. And her to end up here, to at least get started on recovering.

Other: Has a trigger phrase "correct your mind." that when said to her causes major flashbacks, really bad ones to be exact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melia
Name: Cassandra 'Cass' Aaron
Education: Still receiving her's in High school
Admittance: CPS did, Cass is very reluctant about it.
disorders/"issues": depression, some self harm, nicotine addiction, PTSD, and a phobia of therapists.
Strengths: Art, reading, music, nurturing for those similar to her.
Weaknesses: her issues, is a bit snarky at times, tries to bottle her issues up, tries to get her stuff to come on through.

Appearance: In her file there are two pictures. one is of a sweet innocent looking girl with mid-back length brown hair in sweater and knee length skirt with some of that evangelical Christianity and conflicted doubting look in her. The other one of a girl who has gone in full rebellion. Hair dyed black and cut choppily with some streaks in it. pierceings and tomboyish clothes with her eyes showing defiance but other stuff as well. A betrayed and severely damaged spirit.

Personality: The girl is pretty shaken. adding in her strengths and weak points she can be quite kind to others. also religion is a very touchy subject as she was once one of the very major believers and now doesn't know what to believe in. Has a very rough outer shell and does her best to keep others away from her. After what happened with her family she has major trust issues and a divived mind. part wishes to be the monster and unatural thing she is and the other to show what they claim is wrong and she is still her. whatever that means these days.

History: Before all this she was a rather artistically (in music, art and writing) teen. though she was raised as an evangelical household so you can imagine how that channeled into. She was pretty much the perfect daughter in her parents eyes: quiet, obedient, didn't show off her body, and so forth. Then they learned one quiet summer evening at supper that she was a lesbian when she came out to them. At first she was met with simple disbelief. then came the rejection and scorn until she got 'better'. And that meant going to an Ex-gay therapist. With a little known fact of being attracted to teenage girls. getting rejection from family and pretty much used for pleasure from the "therapist" and no help coming from art she sank and lashed out in an-all-out-rebellion sort of way. Of course there were pretty nasty fights which is what got CPS called in. And her to end up here, to at least get started on recovering.

Other: Has a trigger phrase "correct your mind." that when said to her causes major flashbacks, really bad ones to be exact.
Looks good. You may post. @DrKiril 's character hasn't gotten to interact with anyone yet so if you don't mind a roommate I'd like to assign you together unless that's a trigger for your character.

Reactions: DrKiril
Looks good. You may post. @DrKiril 's character hasn't gotten to interact with anyone yet so if you don't mind a roommate I'd like to assign you together unless that's a trigger for your character.
it's alright by me. funny enough they share similar stuff regarding issues. also Cass in all likelyhood will feel better about rooming with a guy given her leanings have caused her issues.

I wholeheartedly welcome the suggestion made, Melia.

I would wonder whether the administration would accommodate a mixed-gender room-share, but within the realms of fiction it should be let slide.

Assuming it's a hospital for people of all ages, I don't think anyone over a respectable age would be segregated by gender, really. With teenagers, yeah. You don't want them doing things that they shouldn't be doing. But adults probably are more concerned with getting better.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
I wholeheartedly welcome the suggestion made, Melia.

I would wonder whether the administration would accommodate a mixed-gender room-share, but within the realms of fiction it should be let slide.
Yeah I think that too. But matts got a female roommate too. And they have to keep their doors open. It's probably not allowed in the real world. But I think here it's fine. But if anyone is uncomfortable with it let me know. We could have a reassignment.

Reactions: DrKiril
I am fine with the set-up. But real mental hospitals are horrible, more like prisons than anything, at least NHS ones are...

Status
Not open for further replies.