Marvel's Academy Alliance

Susan Storm

" That's okay Reed, I still like the suit and it works with my invisibility power, well done ! "

Susan walked with Reed as the tour went on. As they went on, she, as usual was fairly quiet. As they walk past the lab, she whispers to Reed.

" Should be interesting to see how capable their computers and lab equipment are. Whatever else anyone ever will say about you Reed. You are incredibly intelligent. Did you look closely at Simon... His eyes, they swirl and they are deep red. "

" Steve, How capable is your computer system ? "

danielle-rand-jpg.165018

I was suitably chastised by Cap when he and Margaret stepped in after the punch. I gave Margaret an exaggerated wink when she mentioned the punch being disallowed. "Oh, I don't know, can't your indestructible shield stand up to a little chi?" I chuckled and watched Raven fawn over Simon. You know what, she can have him. I'm not sure I'd want to date a guy who was made of... whatever he was made of. At least the Russkie can change back human.

Mostly, I was interested in the training areas. I was used to the monastery, which was bare-bones, but often complete with illusions and spirit journeys. I'd faced off against 'myself' multiple times on my journey through training, which is why seeing a copy of me didn't faze me in the least. Could be really useful in combat to distract, I bet.

Since coming back to New York, I had gotten used to luxury... or tried to. I might change things up and occasionally hang out in the bunk rooms, it almost reminded me of Kun L'un.

"Really looking forward to training here. I'm the most hyped I've ever been since I got back to New York, to be honest."

When we were in the rec room, however, I did find the music player and popped on a tune. I mean, that's what the place was for, right?

piotr-nikolaievitch-rasputin-1-jpg.165019

My eyes widened when the girl was able to send Simon flying into the wall. I was suitably impressed, muttering "Borzhe Moi!" under my breath. I was very attentive to the tour, paying special attention to the training areas. They were in fact very similar to the Danger Room back at the mansion, a fact that appealed to me.

"This is a very... продуманный... how you say... elaborate base of operations for such as us. It in every way rivals what the Professor does for us. I am пораженный... impressed, with the extent of this place. I will do my best to make use of it and make you proud of us, Kaptain."

I had returned to my human form sometime during the tour, and was sizing up the rest of the crew. They were not unlike the X-Men, with the main difference being that we were not recruited all at once. There would be no mentors, save our leader and perhaps Margaret, who seemed to have some experience leading.

As the small group slowly began to ask questions, Steve simply folded his arms. Leaning against a small countertop that stood under the massive screen. Not really showing too much facially as he listened intently.

"Well to start, Raven, while we can certainly make sure you'll be able to discreetly be excused from classes if something arises. We can't exactly use your time doing anything for us to give you extra credit. Teachers would ask questions, and we can only hide the truth for so long at that point. We can provide some assistance if the balance between school and work starts to be too severe. But, and this is just me speaking, I hope none of you use this as an excuse to purposely flounder on your studies. As for being out in public, while preferably it will be a while before any of you are made aware to the general public. I can't obviously say anything about that for certain since there's a strong possibility something could cause any or all of you to do your work in public. That said, we're going to make sure keeping your public identity a secret a top priority."

"Simon, I'll get in touch with them but they wanted to make sure you were comfortable with the new living and schedule before they went back to conducting any tests to figure all that out."

Reed raised his hand politely, "If it's alright sir, would it be possible to get a copy of the results of those tests? With everyone's permission in due time of course, I was hoping to be able to conduct some tests of my own to figure out everyone's powers and how they work scientifically at some point."

"I'll ask them about it but it shouldn't be a problem Reed." Steve pointed out, before snapping his fingers. "Oh before I forget, SHIELD has given Reed authorization to handle work for our research and development department. So before we can fully decide who will be best to allow lab access. Reed will be the only one allowed access to the lab for the time being."

"Now as for your question Susan, while I can't give specific details due to confidentiality. I will say it's without a doubt one of the most powerful in the world."

Steve glanced back to the rest of the students, "Now before I start on the details, any other questions?"

Now that the pan of questions was hot, Ben straightened up in his chair and looked at Mr Rogers when asking "I'm kind of wondering how much we get paid for this job?" Ben shrugged his golden padded shoulders, and continued "I mean, if we don't get any extra credit, and on top of that risk unfavorable suspicion from the teachers...I can see how you resort to economical distribution instead. I was just wondering how much." A contract would surely follow, Ben thought, and glanced at his fellow comrades for a simple amount of support. They were already wearing their uniforms, and usually that meant they were already on duty- getting paid.

Reactions: Ms.Ezra
The extra credit was not a real concern at all. She considers herself smart enough to get by in her studies, for the most part, unassisted and without extra credit. That question just seemed like the kind any teenager would ask. Her main concern was the public work, and if there was no certainty they would not have to work in public spaces she would have to be careful of not using her current every day face, in case she is caught up in something.

"Seems fair enough Dean Rogers." Raven shrugs "I look forward to working with everyone here."She says to those assembled at the table. And she does mean that for the most part. If not for more noble causes as they've been expressly brought together for. Gwen, interesting powers aside, seems like a fun person to just be out with. Simon was quite strapping and handsome, if odd. And then Ben, someone who (to her) has similar powers to herself. That alone was worth her interest even if he were not also handsome. The others were alright. Probably. She hasn't had an opportunity to properly interact with her.

Raven hears Reed's part about wanting to study how everyone's powers work scientifically, Raven feels uncomfortable at the prospect. Was that what he was doing to that shield? Part of his process? If that were the case then all he's allowed to lick is my right elbow.

Ben's question about payment was interesting. It hadn't even occurred to Raven to be paid for this. Her family was wealthy and between her room and meals at the hotel paid for, and her generous allowance, she didn't really need it. But that would raise questions if she were to say so.

"I would not mind a little compensation. Never too early to start saving as Papa would say." She chimes in with her two cents after Ben poses this question. She perks up as another question occurs to her.

"Oh! Do we have a name for this team?" She asks and follows up with her suggestion "I think given our roster, 'Übermensch' would be a good team name when talking amongst ourselves about it." She says excitedly and makes a sign putting together her thumbs and extending only her index fingers making a 'U'.

"Übermensch!" She proclaims.

• Haha
Reactions: Brea and Laivindur
(Special Thanks to Laivindur for writing the majority of this post!)
As the Dean listened benevolently, there was something about him that told Ben he was not running a kindergarten. One could not help but be in awe, and admire the former soldier, who seemed boring and exciting at the same time. Ben averted his eyes from Steve as there came an agent sorting papers out for the group of teens, to which Steve explained "These contracts will be your safety as much as ours. We value order, responsibility, and loyalty. I am sure all of you agree, and that is what to be expected of you on this project. When signing these contracts, which contains most of what you've already been told, it's official...Secretly." Steve gave his daughter a smart smile when no one else was watching. He thought he was being funny, and good at mixing his stern attitude with modern humor. Whether he was being funny or not however, he continued with a bright tone "You'll get all the details you need on there, Mr Lightbringer. There is going to be pay for each of you, right now it's nothing substantial, 5 grand a month, with checks direct deposited weekly. As well as full health, dental, and vision insurance." Again, Steve was pleased with his humor, and nodded to the gilded member of the group. Ben smiled back to being acknowledged. At the forming heat in his cheeks however, Ben ducked back down into the contract, and said seriously "Thank you, sir."

Turning from the mildly blushing teen, Steve looked at Raven saying "Names for the group, if you all would like one, can be discussed among you, and decided later over pizza." The Dean smiled, certain that many of the teens would appreciate pizza, and a get together in the lounge after the current meeting. Seeing how the girl of many faces proved to be a sweet, smart girl mostly getting creative with her life, Rogers continued to all "For now, you're simply project AA,
Academy Alliance." Ben snorted into the contract he was finished reading. As this was not one of the moments he'd planned to be funny, Steve turned his head in the snort's direction, and asked with his light tone gone "Something funny?" The raven haired teen looked up, putting his contract down, and said innocently "Hm? Uhm, no." Ben shook his head and apologized "No, sir." He gave Margaret a smart glance however, as she'd been one of those who'd heard Ben's joke about them heading towards an AA meeting.

Steve moved on, doing a good job ignoring Ben's obvious, however ebbing, need to laugh, saying "This academy alliance is set to be a group of young, vigorous super teens, whom we hope to bring order and safety to our citizens." He looked at them all to make sure any distractions were gone, then he pointed out "That is you." He pushed himself off of the small counter he was leaning on, and said while the agent from before collected all the copies of the signed contracts. "Put your contracts in your pods, and keep them locked at all times. I am sure you understand the need for secrecy, for ours and yours protection. Like I said, we're keeping a low profile. And that low profile is to be kept until fighting crime and injustice has become as simple for you as brushing your teeth in the morning. We got your backs, but be sure to keep each others' backs as well. In about two hours you'll start your first training session with Captain America-..."

The former soldier had to pause to collect himself, and looking at his beautiful daughter, he continued. "...As your team leader, and guide. Where you will learn to work together as a team, to eliminate any threat SHIELD aims you at." Looking at Spiderman, Spidergirl and some of the other teens who'd shown their extraordinary powers, Steve added importantly "Since, in the most basic sense of what brought all of us together for this endeavor. Is that in the last… 20 or so years. There has been an exponential rise in criminal and terrorist activity by people no police department alone can handle. Now while I'll give more detail about SHIELD and what it is we do in particular. The short and sweet of things is those people are the ones we typically deal with in secret. Not just in apprehending or neutralizing, but rehabilitating and providing a safe means of living.

However even an organization with the means and resources of SHIELD is starting to get spread out too thin for all of these metahuman activities. That is where you're going to come in." Steve reached back to the counter he was leaning against, pulling off of it a small tablet. With a few taps and swipes the screen behind him and the table in front of the group all came to light in a dull but bright blue hue. Virtual images raising up from the table that added and enhanced what was on the screen. Showing various police reports, security camera footage, and other such things of people like them committing crimes, attacking people. "The goal with this group is to be able to create a network for people to raise up and fight off those who are using their enhanced abilities for greed or violence. While its just all of you for now, if the program can prove to be successful. We'll start expanding the program out to more cities internationally, with other young men and women who wish to join up and fight for the common good. All with a expert system design to assist each group and individual."

"As for the gear, up until now SHIELD's M.O. has been to neutralize these threats in as secretive a manner as possible. However day by day, modern technology, and things such as J. Jonah Jameson's little… "News" program are making it more and more difficult to do that. So to counter any public fears about metahumans we're bring each of you into the limelight. For now under secret identity, but in time possibly allowing for freedom to show who you are… assuming of course you're comfortable with that and what it would entail."

With one more swipe the screen and table both turned off. Steve returning the tablet back onto the counter. "Now I know that what we're asking for is a lot, and certainly they're times you're going to wish the worst of me I'm sure." Steve noted with a small smile and a defensive hand wave. "But remember, what you're at right now, is the hopeful beginning of something bigger than maybe even anyone of us could ever comprehend. Something that if it works out, knock on wood, will change the world for the better."

Steve's stoic, professional demeanor slowly started to slip as he cracked another smile. "But all that's in due time. For now I want you guys to relax, get to know each other, and of course enjoy the new facility."

After sharing a short conversation with his daughter, Steve left, leaving the rest up to Margaret to train and bring them all together for a common goal. He had complete faith in her, and after the few hours with the teens, he wasn't too much worried. Most of the teens' inquiries had been settled, and what was left was promised to be dealt with later.

After putting his contract in his pod, Ben joined the rest into the lounge, where all sorts of pizzas awaited the probably hungry teens. Ben sat down in a couch with a piece of pepperoni pizza saying "If this is what he means by common goals, I am definitely in for it! I can eat pizza all day!"

Margaret herself also grabbed a slice, placing it on one of the provided paper plates and dabbing the top of it carefully with a napkin to remove some of the access grease as she leaned against a nearby wall. "Well hopefully not all day, I don't know how good you'll be at the job weighing four times as much and waddling everywhere." She joked, a folded up slice of New York City style pizza dangling out of her hand. "Still, I'm excited about it personally."

"I suppose you would be…" Reed noted, as he was examining the pool table in the room. "By the sound of things, your father has had you well trained for this." He noted, pulling down a pool cue from the wall rack nearby and starting to set up a game of eight ball. Using his own outstretched hands and fingers to not only get the balls out but rack them up perfectly.

"You could say that…" Margaret noted, clearly leaving the topic there as she took a bite of her pizza.

• Love
Reactions: Laivindur and Gands
danielle-rand-jpg.165018

"So, let's add this up. We have mutants, products of strange accidents, people who have trained for years to hone their skills, an underground lair, secret identities, training under an older and wiser sensei who could probably kick our butts... and we have pizza. We're the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, essentially." I quipped, ticking off the points on my fingers as I made all of the correlations. Of course I went over and helped myself to pizza as well. "We could even call ourselves TMNT: Trained Metahuman... Neutralization Taskforce?" I said around bites of pizza, noting how utterly confused some of the others who didn't get the reference looked, especially poor Piotr. So, I pulled up an old intro to the cartoon show onto my phone and pointed the screen in Piotr's general direction.

The comment simply made no sense to me, but others seemed to understand so I made an effort to smile. When Danni showed me the cartoon, I was a little less confused but I still found no humor in it. I did like the name she came up with. "That name, it does say what we are supposed to do, but it is as you say... a mouthful. However, I like it."

I looked around at the others to see what their reactions to all of this were going to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Laivindur
Simon Williams

Simon listened to Cap's speach attentively but didnt have any more questions. Being the patriotic soul that he was he signed the contract after only a quick perusal.

He moved with the others to the pizza lounge. He got himself a piece with lots of toppings. He didnt have to eat, but Fitz told him he could eat some and the psychologist he saw, a Doctor Xavier told him it would help him cope with all the changes.

He decided to make himself better aquainted with some of his team mates. He headed over to the guy with the accent.. Piotr.. Peter ?. .

"Hello, I am Simon Williams, it's good to meet you "

Just the Danni's announcement about turtles and team names came out.

" I think thats okay, but to me, the letters are not enough, and the words are too much !"

He looked over for a moment at the team egghead, Reed Richards. He wanted very much to talk to him before the night was over.

Susan Storm

Susan meanwhile went over the contract in detail. Eventually asking Steve about a couple of spots where she was slightly uncertain about the legalese.

After that, pizza, a piece with plenty of veggies. She wasn't opposed to meat, she just preferred balance to her diet. She listened to Danni's tmnt proposal with a smile and a giggle. After a moment though, she couldn't decide if Danni was serious or not.

She then went over and sat by Raven. Here was a girl who was a lot smarter than she wanted you to give her credit for. Part of Susan liked and respected that.. The other part was as yet very wary of the shapeshifter.

"Hello again Raven!. So, I am curious, how many languages can you speak ? I think you and I will end up working together in the field eventually and I think it would be healthy to know you better !"

She peeked at Reed out of the corner of her eye. Looks like he was keeping his tongue to himself for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben grinned amused at the image Margaret put into his head. He wondered if he could actually turn himself into a bowling ball the size of a truck, and roll down their foes. Not feeling like doing that right now, Ben simply continued to eat with gusto, somehow showing Margaret that he didn't care, or would be fine anyway. It made him start pondering how many pizzas he could eat, and whether he could create a portal inside his stomach to eat endlessly. You know, in case he needed to keep up his ancient reputation as number one at eating contests.
Letting the other kids discuss whether the Academy Alliance was going to be synonymous with mutated turtles living in the sewers, Ben got up, and stood next to Margaret saying over the music "Understatement alert!" Giving her a friendly grin however he said "No worries though, I bet your old man's got expectations from all of us." Looking at Reed close by Ben smiled and ate more of the delicious pizza.

Last edited:
Raven signs the contract without reading a single word of it and puts it in her pod. Which contains nothing, so she just sets her backpack down in it for now until it was time to leave. Raven's English is just fine, but to understand Legalese is just a bit out of her range, so she just has to trust that whatever the terms contained within were not unreasonable.Or that her father's legal experts could get her out of this contract if she really needed to do so.

Joining the others in the lounge, Raven takes a slice of Canadian bacon pizza and takes a spot at one of the couches. She doesn't know it's called Canadian bacon here in America though, she thinks Come to my mouth delicious ham pizza! and closes her eyes, sighs contentedly at the taste. She also folds it like she'd seen others eat pizza the night before on her walkaround of New York. She likes it and has another bite when Susan comes to join her. She swallows her bite before answering and sets her plate down on the table.

"I speak French, some Spanish, and Russian. It is necessary, really, as we live so close to those countries. Makes life easier. Mother and Father insist I learn all languages I can fit in here." She laughs and taps her temple and smiles. "Your power is very interesting. I can blend in no problem, but to not be seen at all, now that is something to envy." Raven catches her looking over at Reed out the corner of her eye, and asks in a low whisper still smiling "Dooo you like the boy who licks things? A good trait, if you ask me." She says and giggles at the naughty insinuation.

• Haha
Sue Storm

Sue had truly been caught by Raven peeking at Reed. She did turn a little pink st Raven's naughty suggestion.

" He and I have known each other a long time. Good friends. . . but this summer there was an accident. It threw Reed and I into chaos really. Now, I am not sure whether I want to kiss him or hit him over the head with a baseball bat."

@Ms.Ezra

• Haha
  • Sweet
Reactions: Brea and Laivindur

"Kak Zela... how are you, Simon? It is good to meet you." I returned the pleasantry, and extended my hand for a shake, as was the local tradition. In Russia I would have given the man a hearty embrace, but Americans are so afraid of touching each other in public.

danielle-rand-jpg.165018

"Yeah, it was a joke, but SHIELD does like their acronyms... what about... Metahuman Advanced Countermeasure Experts? MACE? I dunno, we'll probably end up with some kinda acronym name eventually, right?" I did give another glance at Simon as he walked up to talk to Piotr. Well, on the inside he might be made of photons or ions or whatever, but he certainly looked like a movie star.

I went for another slice of pizza, looking for the red pepper flakes. I got used to the heavy spices in Kun L'un, so everything here tasted bland unless I went really ethnic or spiced it up myself.

I found the stereo system, pausing to sign my contract with the practiced grace of someone who routinely has stuff shoved under her nose to sign on the way, and after hooking my phone up to the sound system by Bluetooth, played one more song that I liked while evaluating the rest of the people here.

rogue-png.165373

Character Sheet: Here
Mentioned: Everyone
Interactions: Pitor (@Michale CS)
Outfit: X-Men Uniform

Anton waved politely to the rest of the 'team' as the Captain introduced them all. It felt odd, having all these new eyes on him. He literately felt like a new student, which was a bit odd considering many of the members were only now just meeting with each other. After all; today was the start of a new semester. But putting on his best smile (which honestly, was fairly dashing as his sweet southern-charms kicked in naturally), Anton did his best to greet the others with a quick "Howdy, y'all."

But things soon got moving as the group was brought into a tour of the facilities. Anton was a little awe-struck as he saw all of the different things that SHIELD had to offer, including an apparent rip-off of the 'Danger Room'. Anton let out a light scoff as Steve mentioned how he and Pitor were familiar with a similarly designed environment. Well, that's one way 'a puttin' it." he thought, grinning as he followed the group. As Anton walked, he made notice of the dark-haired boy (@Laivindur) who was staring at him and Pitor when they entered, raising an eyebrow slightly. He wondered what the boy's deal was. There was something odd to him... Something he couldn't quite put his finger on. But more so; Spider-Man was here! Anton didn't care what Jonah or those other whackjobs had to say; in his eyes, Spidey was a hero and he was getting a little star-struck at the prospect of working with him. Anton had always admired the web-head during his time at the X-Men, as he believed Spidey was in fact a mutant operating outside of the jurisdiction of the group. He knew that when he got a chance, he would have to try and talk to 'Peter', as he was apparently called.

But when Pitor spoke, Anton was suddenly brought back into the moment and thought he would throw his two-cents in as well. "Yea, yeu've got yerself quite the place. So, uh... Nawt tew sound like ahm bein' impatient or anythin', but... What's next? We fightin' the Brotherhood, savin' some civvies, or somethin' hero-like today? Or is this just some arientation, some pizza, an' then a bit'a trainin'?" he asked, crossing his arms in a curious manner. "Cuz if Ahm bein' honest, Ah could go fer' any a' the above."

gwen_stacy__ponytail_by_merkymerx-dbjf21z.jpg

31270300_585987628454330_5806876014181089280_n.jpg

Gwen & Peter

The fact that Steve introduced her by her full name rubbed Gwen the wrong way, though she knew it wasn't really that big of a deal. They were all going to school with each other for the most part, so she shouldn't be surprised that they were to know her alter ego. Still, she didn't like it much. She rather enjoyed the anonymity that came with being a superhero. She followed wordlessly with the group as Steve took them on the grand tour of their secret liar.

She didn't quite like the fact that she had to keep her costume in the war room when she wasn't on the job. What happened if she was out and about and noticed some crime she should stop? Was she expected to go all the way to their secret lair to suit up? Or not do anything at all? It seemed impractical. The gym fascinated the young blonde, and she looked forward to developing her skills with all the fancy equipment.​

Though the lounge was inviting, what came after was far more interesting to Gwen. The labs. She grew excited very quickly... and then disappointed very quickly as Steve mentioned only a select few would be allowed inside. She'd have to do something to make sure she was on that special list. She began devising a plan of securing her position as they breezed over the bunker rooms. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't even noticed Raven join her at her side until the other girl offered her a compliment. Glancing down at her costume Gwen beamed to herself before whispering back a quick, "Thanks."​

Upon returning to the war room, Gwen took her seat beside Raven. She glanced at her from the corner of her eye, wondering if this was the start of a friendship. Or, was Raven just clinging to her until she grew comfortable with the rest of the group? Whatever it was, Gwen wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to gain a new friend.

Peter wasn't too thrilled with the fact that Captain America just introduced him by name, but it was also strangely dignified. After all; the living patriotic symbol of an entire country just said his name aloud. This was definitely a moment that the web-head was going to remember for many years going forwards. But considering how in the past few months leading up to his time at school, Ned, Aunt May, and even Gwen Stacy had figured out his true identity, not to mention all of the SHIELD personnel before and after Coulson who he was forced to associate with, Peter wasn't too caught up in the 'secret identity' shtick anymore. It seemed like he was pretty bad at keeping it anyways, so for the time being, it wasn't a huge concern.

But when the Captain spoke about keeping his costume in the war-room, Peter let out an audible groan. "Oh come on~" he muttered, trying to keep his voice low, though he was sure Gwen would have heard him given how close they were standing to one another at the time. Why couldn't he keep his costume? Why did they have to throw out his old one? What if there was a crisis that he had to stop? He could always try to replicate the suit's design, though he imagined it would be lacking almost all of the interface-options SHIELD had dumped into it. Aesthetically though; he could make a look-alike. But despite the fact that SHIELD was a massive security conglomerate, Peter was genuinely thinking about how stacked the odds were against him stealing the suit for his own. Movie stars stole their costumes off set from time to time, so how hard would it be to steal what was likely a 3.5 million dollar Super-Suit from a high-security government agency?

Peter wasn't too involved with the tour, as his mind fell elsewhere, but he certainly make sure to make an occasional 'ooh' and 'aah' whenever it suited the mood. He did want to make sure everybody knew he was paying attention. Or, at least, they thought he was. But in reality, Peter's mind was preoccupied with the newcomers. The cute blonde girl, the giant metal Russian, and the dorky looking southerner. He had the feeling he was going to be good friends with Anton, though he didn't quite know why. Kindred spirits, perhaps. When he first discovered his powers, Peter felt like a freak too, so on some level, he understood what Anton was going through... Though he had no idea what kind of abilities the young brunette had; apart from incredible taste in fashion, that is.

But as they returned to the war room, Peter rushed over to Reed's side and smiled. "So... How'd it taste?" he asked, half-making fun of the poor elasticized boy and half-genuinely curious. Not many in their lives could ever say they had the opportunity to lick Captain America's shield. Reed was probably part of some elitist club or something, if he was being honest. But the thought only made Peter laugh as a wide smile spread across his face. "I bet Coulson would be so bugged when he finds out that you got a taste before he did."

But as Steve went on, further explaining how the group would function and why they were there in the first place (as well as describing how they would all be paid a hefty 5k a month for their work), Peter listened intently. He didn't want to miss a thing when it came to this sudden info-dump. It became especially apparent about their task as Peter saw the faces of various criminals and terrorists pop up on the holographic table as Steve went on. Peter recognized a few of them from previous encounters; Max Dillon, aka "Electric Boogalo", Mac Gargan, aka "The Australian Menace", and even the "Fantastic Captain Pin-Cushion" himself, Herman Shultz. Of course, they didn't actually use any of those names; but they were some of Spidey's best quips during their respective battles. Peter had run into a few of these putz' a few times during his outings as Spider-Man, and each of them were relatively easy to take down, though he didn't underestimate their powers. Each of them were psychopaths given powers that they couldn't control and used for their own benefit; the very antithesis of what Peter stood for. But thankfully, they were in jail... At least, that's where he left them last.

Then, of course, Steve brought up Peter's favourite person in the world; J. Jonah Jameson. It almost made Peter groan to hear that name uttered by a man he revered so much; it felt insulting. Ever since Spidey's first outing, that lunatic had been ranting at length about 'superhuman rights' and how the people needed to 'rise above the masks and treat vigilantes like the criminals they were'. To a degree, Peter agreed with him in that vigilantes should be kept in check; but he also knew that as a 16 year-old with Spider powers, he would likely avoid any 'jail time' because OSCORP or some other company legally finds a way to turn him into a living lab-specimen. As far as Peter was concerned; nobody was about to stick a needle in him anytime soon without his sole consent.

Meanwhile, Gwen paid very close attention to the conversations going on around the table. Raven was the first to chime in, asking a question Gwen had planned to ask herself. It was a bit annoying to her that SHIELD wasn't willing to give them extra credit. Not that she believed she really needed it, but if she was constantly being pulled away from class to do superhero stuff then she felt it was only fair SHIELD would help her from her grades potentially slipping. That wasn't to say she would slack on her studies, because she wouldn't, but she was slightly concerned about how much time they would be pulled away for their work. Though Steve did mention they'd prioritize keeping their identities a secret, which she greatly appreciated.

Reed asked for permission to do experiments on them all, and Gwen had mixed feelings about it. She didn't want to be a test subject, but it could also be a good opportunity to figure out how her powers work. And, how her abilities could develop. Ben asked about pay, Raven inquired about a name. Then came the contracts. Gwen took the time to read her's thoroughly, blocking out all other conversation around her. Five grand a month with full benefits? This was one of the best, albeit demanding, jobs she could get as a teenager.

Only after reading the whole thing to make sure she understood exactly what she was getting herself into did Gwen neatly sign her name. After a brief demonstration of SHEILD's advanced technology and another explanation as to why they were forming this specific task force, the group was dismissed. Gwen put her contract in her pod as instructed, and then went to meet up with the rest of the group in the lounge. Finally, a good chance to get to know her teammates. By the time she arrived many of them were already joking and/or brainstorming about what their little task force could be called.

By the time the Captain finished his commentary and mentioned the fact that the group would be served pizza, Peter was pretty amped up. Though he wanted in that lab (being in Reed's good graces already likely helped a fair amount, he thought), it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't get it. Peter learned to lower his standards a long time ago after he started putting on the mask and web-shooters. Though he made sure to carefully read the contract he had been given, Peter had apparently missed the fact that he was meant to put it into his pod, as he stood from his chair and walked towards the Captain, only to see everyone else headed in the opposite direction. Taking note of this, Peter quickly swiveled around on his heel and turned back, following the others to see where they were headed with their respective contracts.​

He quickly figured it out and tossed his signed contract into his pod (although he was unsure whether or not he should sign as Peter Parker or Spider-Man, so he did both rather than asking and feeling dumb in front of the group) before he made his way over to the lounging area, curious to see what kind of pizza had been ordered. Peter figured that Pepperoni and Cheese were the obvious choices, but this was also SHIELD; the agency likely had a dossier on every one of them that listed their specific dietary preferences and restrictions. Secretly, Peter hoped that there was a Deluxe with stuffed crust from Mario's Pizzeria. That was his absolute favorite.

Simon

Simon didn't shake Piotr's offered hand, instead using a forearm grasp.

" Cyfarchion fy ffrind newydd, that means greetings my new friend in Welsh "

Simon had a big grin, now going from forearm clasps to putting his hands on the bigger fellow's shoulders.

" I think I have a lot to learn from you Piotr, I am very glad you joined us. Have you had pizza yet ? "

He turned briefly to Anton nearby offering his hand for a handshake.

LocalAreaMan
Margaret closed her hand to suppress the chuckle that seeped out from Ben's little joke. Yeah… he wasn't wrong either which made it somehow funnier and kind of depressing at the same time. "Of course, I mean really you got that right." She told Ben as she kept her eyes on him.

Laivindur
Ben paused to give Margaret a steady look back, and smiled softly to let her know he wasn't going to make a deal out of her family obligations. They were present enough than him pointing them out all the time. Secretly though, Ben was thrilled to get closer to the blonde with many secrets. Ben was certain he was in on something, like she said. Maybe she had a dark side he could help her get in contact with. Or appreciate and use for her own benefit- or his...In the end. As the song playing by Breaking Benjamin poked Ben with memories from his friends back home, whom he'd left behind so suddenly, and without much explanation, Ben looked back at his pizza. Pushing those feelings back with another big bite of the pizza however, Ben managed to speak truthfully to Margaret. After swallowing his food of course, he said smiling brightly "And by the way, you'd be surprised how much I can eat without being slowed down. I'm a super massive black hole." Ben paused, wondering whether Margaret listened to Muse, or even knew about the band. He kept smiling and continued friendly "Anyway, I'm a growing boy. I need the proteins." Somehow Ben managed to look charming even though he shoved his mouth full of food, because there was something childish in the way he enjoyed himself in the presence with others. Chewing the pepperoni pizza, Ben thought he would definitely find a way to make a black hole of some kind in his stomach, because he had a newly acclaimed goal: namely to win an eating contest against Margaret. In fact, Ben thought while perceiving all of the other teens in the room with gleaming mischief, I'll beat them all. With growing glee Ben decided he would beat them all! All at once, even!

@LocalAreaMan

Last edited:
Raven listens to Susan while having another bite of her pizza and smiles while still chewing. In that same few moments Gwen comes into the lounge and, though she knows there would be no way of missing her, Raven waves at Gwen to come sit with them, patting the spot next to herself opposite Susan. Turning her eyes back to Susan she says to the other girl "Well, I just met you, but I think the bat is a bad idea." She leans in and smiles as she whispers again "Maybe hit him 'on accident' when we train, see if that helps you." Raven leans back and turns her head when Danielle turns on some music. Not a song she recognizes, but she likes it anyway and also waves over at her. "Come sit with us? We will have a blondes only section right here." She says in a joking tone and her hair also turns to a platinum blonde, but stays curly.

Glowing powerful fist aside, Raven was interest in Danielle because of her last name. She'd heard her father talk about the Rand Corporation in passing, some land deals or other things that don't interest her. Raven was glad her surname was a secret, for now. She doesn't want too many questions about herself right now.

While looking over at Danielle Raven also looks around for the boy named Simon and finds him chatting with the large Russian and the one with an accent even she hasn't heard before. She hopes to catch his eye, lure him to her.

I accepted the gesture with a wide smile. "Oh, harasho, another language I hear that I could repeat poorly, according to many of my friends with the professor, that is."

I shrugged. "It is strange, pizza. You can put things together on it that you could combine nowhere else, except maybe borscht. Real borscht not the beet juice that the Hebrews make. In Russia, you start with the beets, but then you put everything you are growing in the garden in it, and top it with kisle sliv, how you say... sour cream. My sister Illyana loves when I make it. Maybe I will make some for you all here."

Then, I moved over to find the vegetarian pizza - simply because it had the most variety of toppings, to sample some.

danielle-rand-jpg.165018

I noticed that Raven was eyeing me, and made a 'blondes only' section, so... why not? I walked over, grabbing more random pizza on the way and sat down by Raven and presumably Susan as well. "Blondes only. I guess I qualify. We have more fun over here, right?"

• Sweet
gwen_stacy__ponytail_by_merkymerx-dbjf21z.jpg

Character Sheet: Here
Color Ref: C40960
Mentioned: N/A
Interactions: Raven ( @Ms.Ezra ), Danielle (@Michale CS ), Susan (@Gands )
Outfit: Super Suit

Gwen's gaze landed on Raven, who was waving her over the minute she walked through the door. She was again thankful that she had met the other girl earlier that morning, it made this so much less awkward on her part. She noticed that Raven had saved her a seat beside her, and with a smile on her face Gwen held up a single finger, as if to say, "One minute."

Before she went to go join the girls, Gwen wandered over to the table with all of the pizza. She hardly paid the background conversation and music any mind as she selected two slices of pizza. One of just plain cheese, the other a slice of supreme. She also grabbed a bottle of water, tucking it under her arm and holding her plate with both of her hands. She turned just in time to over hear Raven's joke about a blonde's table and witness her change the color of her hair, causing a slight look of amusement to cross Gwen's features. Neat, Gwen thought as she walked over, slightly amazed. She couldn't say she was shocked, however. Gwen had received several amazing abilities from a single spider bite... there wasn't much that shocked her anymore. Still, Raven had an impressive power.

Gwen took her seat beside Raven, looking up to Susan. She'd seen her on the bus and heard her name in passing, but hadn't quit had the chance to officially meet her yet. Same goes for Danielle, who had only sat down moments before Gwen had. "I'd say, given our unique circumstances, we have even more fun than most blondes," Gwen attempted at a joke.

She took a bite of her supreme pizza, twisting open the lid off her water bottle as she happily chewed. She hadn't realized just how hungry she was until there was food in her mouth. Now, she wondered if she should have gotten more than just two slices. After a quick sip of water Gwen added, "I'm Gwen, by the way."