Marvel's Academy Alliance

31270300_585987628454330_5806876014181089280_n.jpg

Character Sheet: Here
Mentioned: Reed Richards & Margaret (@LocalAreaMan), Steve Rogers, Agent Coulson, Classmates
Interactions: Reed, Steve Rogers
Outfit: School Uniform

Peter was watching silently, processing everything he could, until suddenly Reed Richards seemed to pull up to him, happily asking if he found everything okay. He noticed the young man's hand slightly bulge out from his body, but thought not to mention it since Peter thought it was just a side-effect from his earlier minor-concussion. "Uh, yeah. Yeah I guess so... So, uh... You're one of the 'cool kids', huh?" Peter asked, "What's your thing? I uh... Well, it's complicated, but I can do a lot of cool stuff. Mostly based on a theme. Like; a weird theme. Like... An animal theme. A scary one, though." he admitted, the realization of his abilities only truly dawning on him now. Sure, he was bitten by a spider. Sure he had the proportional strength, speed, endurance, and agility of a spider. Sure, he would scale any surface like a spider, and of course, he knew how to make organic webbing. But... Why stick with it? Even though somebody like Steve Rogers was turned into a super-soldier via a serum, he didn't call himself "Serum-Man" or "Science Goo-Guy". He was "Captain America", the star-spangled Avenger.

Plus, deep down, a part of Peter didn't want anyone to in the room to know he was the moron who had wiped out in-costume earlier that day.

But his attention was called back to the room as Margaret announced that they would be meeting up with the next few members of the team on the bus, which prompted a sigh from Peter. There were even more people? He was surprised. Coulson and Cap seemed to be putting together quite the little justice squad. But something was still bugging Peter; just who exactly were these new folks, and what could they offer to the team? He was sure Margaret did her fair amount of research on them all, but he wanted to know more about the group.

Raising his hand like he was in school (which wasn't entirely ironic since he was), Peter waited a few minutes for the commotion between the new arrival, Susan, before he spoke. "Hey, um... Quick question; do we suit up now, or on the bus, or are we just gonna go around the room and introduce ourselves? Because I think I'd like to know what we can all do... As I'm sure most everyone else does."

• Love
Reactions: Brea and Gands
The crowded office was abuzz with all of the recruits growing more impatient in waiting for this supposed ‘meet and greet’ to begin. Finally Steve Rogers motioned everyone in the room to quiet up. “Alright alright you guys, I suppose it's as good a time as any to get this show on the road.” Steve gestured over to Peter, “Don’t worry about that suit of yours, we’ve got everything situated.”

As Steve started having the students head out of the office in an orderly fashion Reed gently nudged Peter as the two started walking out of the office. Carefully concealing him pulling his fingers and them stretching like taffy in his hand. “It was the result of some large scale experimentation…” Reed noted before he remembered something. “Oh actually…” Reed reached over to Susan’s shoulder in front of the two. “This is Susan Storm by the way, she’s a long time friend. You might know her father too.”

Margaret strolled up front near her father as the group were all walking out of a now mostly emptied academy. When Susan gave her the assuring words Margaret gave her a quiet nod. She could already tell Susan is a good pick up. Of what Margaret could remember of Susan's information, it was clear Susan had plenty of inner strength to spare. Still, Margaret felt butterflies in her stomach, something she wasn’t used too. Okay, she now has the asshole on the team, and some other extra people she wasn’t aware of. She can handle this, SHIELD trained her to handle this stuff like a pro right?

Soon the group found themselves in front of what looked like a very normal school bus. If the group they were all now working for was suppose to be this big ominous Government entity. It still hasn’t felt like it quite yet as Coulson opened the sliding doors. “All aboard boys and girls.” Coulson told the group with a tone that suggested it was his cheery tone… supposedly.

As Margaret strolled on first, she turned from going up the stairs to the surprise, though it was somewhat of a surprise. One person she remembered from the files, David Layton. She had heard the young man was a late arrival. Hence why he was there, fair enough. It was the other, younger passenger that surprised her. “Molly?” Margaret asked.

“Everyone, allow me to introduce you to the last two members of the group. David Layton, and Molly Hayes.” Steve told the others as they got onto the bus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mentioned: Reed Richards (@LocalAreaMan), Susan Storm (@Gands) Steve Rogers, Classmates
Interactions: Reed, Susan, Steve Rogers, Classmates

Peter was a bit surprised by Steve's response. New suit? What was wrong with his old one? Peter liked his old suit. It was custom, personal... But, if he was being honest, he could have done with an upgrade a while ago. But Peter just hoped it wasn't something tacky like black and red. The last thing he needed was a total identity shift, and in his eyes, that kind of aesthetic didn't suit him very well. Likely would be better on some other hero.

But soon, they were shipped out of the office and Reed responded to his question by stretching out his fingers. Perking an eyebrow, Peter nodded and uttered a quick "Cool." before he rolled up his left sleeve, showing off one of his customized web-shooters. "This isn't really one of my powers, but I did make it myself. It can shoot high-caliber organic fluid that hardens and doesn't dissolve for at least an hour. But I was a lab accident too; though mine is a bit less 'Rubber-Man' and a bit more 'animal mutate-Man'." he explained, rolling up his sleeve just as Reed brought his attention to Susan, prompting another nod from the young man. "I'm Peter Parker. And yeah, I've heard of your father before. You two being friends, even with Stark. is pretty ironic actually; seems like all the people with famous father's like to hang out." Peter said, laughing a little as they made their way towards the bus.

But when they finally got on and the new students were introduced, Peter offered them a small wave and introduced himself. "Peter Parker. Let's go kick some bad-guy butt, am I right?"

Susan Storm

Susan started to shuffle out of the now cramped office with all the others when Reed made an effort to introduce her to his new friend.

" Hello Peter, yes, I'm Susan and Yes, I've known Reed for a while now. "

She smiled warmly.

" Good to know he has another techie friend to hang out with Peter. Tony is okay, but seems lacking in people skills ! "

Susan gets into the bus sitting in the seat behind Margaret. She watches Reed and Peter for a moment with a little smile. She then starts reading a book.

Reactions: Brea
Letting his arms dangle back behind him, Reed shook his head though smiled at Susan’s response. “What’s with everyone’s problems with Tony today? Sure he’s hardly a class act but I think it gives him an interesting perspective in his line of work.” He suggested, though truth was he was fairly sure Susan didn’t know about Tony’s main project in the Iron Man suit. So maybe she didn’t see his strengths the way Reed did.

However Reed’s attention immediately changed course the moment Peter pulled down his sleeve and revealed the web shooter. The young genius’ eyes glowed as he was in a trance at the cool new piece of tech. Reed gently but with an almost hasty snap grabbed Peter’s arm and pulled it up to get a closer look at the web shooter. “Wow! Is that a custom material? What’s the web substance made out of? How long did it make? Does it taste strange? How much weight can the webbing hold?” Reed’s questions seemed to somehow get faster and faster until finally Reed stopped, hastily adjusting his glasses and remembering to breathe. “Right, sorry… just get excited about stuff like this…”

nba001a.jpg
The office does indeed seem to be getting smaller and smaller as more and more people lingered inwards. This whole thing makes Nico back off a little. She does keep Margaret in her line of sight, though. And while she seems to be backing off of the group, not wanting to be part of it… well okay that might be true actually. She feels so unsure of herself. The others seem to be getting along just fine, holding actual conversations. Has it truly been so long since she’s had people to talk to as such? Yes, actually. But she gives herself a little pep talk.

You’re Nico flippin Minoru, the Sister Grimm. You can make anything happen, there’s no real limit to the power you hold inside. Being in the company of these kids is no.. big… thing…

Her train of thought is siderailed as she lingers on the ‘codename’ she was practically forced to take. She always hated the name Sister Grimm. But Gert insisted, even named her. So maybe that’s part of the reason she still halfass keeps it.

With the rest of the group she exits the office, kind of walking along side the group as a whole. She keeps a little space between them all, just quietly watching them as they move together. They do seem like good people… but then she’s barely said 2 words to anyone besides Simon. And he seems okay.

The bus comes into sight, and now a skeptical look draws across her features. “Guess we spent all the money in the budget on our apartments and food? Now we’re takin the school bus..” she says softly in a joking tone. She climbs onto the bus with the others… but she freezes, and her eyes widen. She hears the voice before she sees the person, but its unmistakable. Is that…

MollyBanner001.jpg
The moment the door of the bus swings open, there is a young girl already aboard at the top of the steps. She looks younger than the others (because she is), and also probably the shortest. Which she’s fine with. Her charisma and super-duper powers give her an extra 4 inches of height, at least! “Woooo! Lookit the newbies! C’mon newbs!” She hops up and down excitedly, a wide grin on her lips. She is wearing a dark colored form fitting outfit, SHIELD issued. And around her collar there is a small mechanism, subtle but there. She wears a red bandanna, because she needs her lid! “Hi Marg’ret!” She exclaims, waving wildly to her. And as Margaret starts up the stairs, Molly runs back along the aisle of the bus. Well she practically vaults using the seats to propel her. “Come on kids! Time for the paaaaaaain!” She stops and spins around, that wide grin still on her lips, still hopping up and down. “You new recruits’re gonna be broken and busted down and we’re gonna rebuild ya into lean mean fighting machines! And I’m gonna bust ya up!”

Someone’s excited to see new people.

But she does give Margaret an annoyed look for a moment “Marg’ret… dude.. Princess Powerful!” Though her official codename is ‘Bruiser’. “Name’s Princess Powerful, secret identity!” She says as she narrows her eyes and shakes her fist at Margaret “Seeeeeeeeeecret identity!”

“Oh my God.. Molly!” Nico exclaims as she gets to the top of the stairs. She wants to stop, but she would be holding everyone else up. And suddenly Molly stops hopping up and down, and she just stares at Nico. Her cheeks redden, and she shoots a look of anger RIGHT at Margaret. If you’re watching her carefully, you might even see her eyes glow for the briefest of moments. Her gaze snaps back to Nico as she speaks in a fairly emotionless tone. “Hi Minoru. Welcome aboard.” Molly then turns and vaults the rest of the way to the back of the bus and flops down on one of the seats. Molly was going to greet the others individually, probably tell them why they’re going to fail, but she suddenly doesn’t seem to be in the mood.

And Nico seems.. stunned. She genuinely doesn’t know what to say.. Molly seemed so angry to see her… she can’t imagine why… but she just nods and says softly “Yeah, thanks Molly.” to which Molly just shrugs, staring out the window as she absently kicks the seat in front of her lightly. Nico takes a seat herself, clearing her throat as she slides closest to the window, to allow someone else to sit with her.

Last edited:
Having made Simon remove his hand from his shoulder Ben smiled up at his friend amused. He appreciated the calming effect the taller boy had on him. Perhaps it was because they were both actually old, in a way. Anyway, with Simon as his anchor, Ben looked at his surroundings. The petite german girl was still there, standing next to him as if the universe had brought her back to him from when loosing track of her earlier. He didn't get to speak to her yet though. Again Ben was cut off by the events around him. The dean broke through the buzzing with his voice, and naturally, it caused Ben to turn his attention to him.
Even though Ben carried himself like a chill teenager, his attention was that of a dedicated agent when facing authorities- Especially with those who mattered in his current life. No matter how interesting or important the other people in the room seemed to be, Ben knew how much impact an adult's decision could have on a situation. Just because Mr Rogers was Margaret's dad for example, he could pull her out of the program. Just because. At least Ben suspected as much, and that amount of power kept Ben attentive to the man, because he seemed to be the leader of a program currently keeping Ben from being sent home, or in jail. Being on the adults' good side had always benefited Benjamin, and he would try to keep it that way.
When Mr Rogers had made the group's progress clear, Ben smiled down at Raven, and made room for her to walk next to him. Keeping a relaxed pace behind those who'd already moved out, Ben said once he'd gotten her attention "International. It's nice to see a special gem among commoners." A wide grin followed, and a comment to Simon walking next to him "No offense, shady shades."

Once by the bus, Ben stopped to watch the hyper girl spin around like a firecracker before she suddenly burned out by the sight of Nico. The surprising interaction between the two peaked Ben's interest, not only because drama was his stage, but because the seemingly annoying girl was wearing her suit already. She was already in the program, and Ben wanted to gain information about it as soon as possible, and as much as possible before delving deeper into it.
Entering the bus Ben thought to sit with Molly unless any one else had taken a seat next to her. He'd already made acquaintances with Raven and Simon, and Matt, but they were all a cluster of teens, really. Just get inside and sit down, kind of.

Last edited:
Simon Williams

Simon too shuffles out to the bus, just in front of his friend Ben. So far so good he thinks to himself. Seems like people are pairing up already pairing up. He watches Ben become more acquainted with the pretty German girl.

" None taken Ben, nice to meet you Miss, my name is Simon"

Simon didn't take teasing from Ben too seriously. He was pretty certain that's how good friends did things. Then they all went out to the bus. There were two others out there. The girl.. Molly was outrageous and no surprise that this attracted Ben's attention. Simon liked her enthusiasm though and was saddened a bit that her and Nico had some sort of bad blood. He listened to the brief conversation and seeming deflation of both girls.

He turned and sat next to Nico while Ben went towards Molly. Sitting next to Nico, he started to talk softly to her.

"I know we don't know each other well yet. But some point, we should compare terrible back stories. I have an mp3 player if you'd like some music Nico. "

Well, that went terrible. Poor girl doesn't want your comfort Simon he thought to himself. There was a deep sigh from the tall blonde haired teenager.

If there was even a sliver of doubt in Margaret’s mind that this was in fact fellow SHIELD trainee Molly Hayes in front of her. That doubt was gone the moment the perky little rocket of energy got going. Talking about how she was going to break them in, and bust them down? Margaret turned to catch the others. Giving a sheepish chuckle and wave. “Uh guys don’t worry about what she said, we’re not doing any of that today!” Sure, she could’ve said that they weren’t ever going to do anything like that. Considering though some of them looked like they needed a hard workout regimen….

Suddenly though the moment of Nico and Molly’s eyes meeting happened. Margaret perked up, hoping to see the happy reunion between old allies brought back together by fate. Instead something very weird happened. Molly stopped talking, and even more strange Molly looked straight up pissed to see Nico. It was so surreal that Margaret stood frozen in confusion before realizing she needed a seat. Finally, she made her way over to the back, slipping in next to Molly and leaning over. “What was that about?” Margaret asked quietly. “I thought you’d be happy to see Nico again…”

Seeing Margaret taking a seat next to Molly Ben was happy to sit down in the empty seats behind them. Two birds with one stone. He placed his bag by the window seat, and joined in Molly and Margaret's conversation from over the backs of their seats. "Yeah, that deflating was like watching a pink unicorn balloon succumb to time in an instant..." he said to Molly friendly. He used the moment to discreetly study the mechanism on Molly's collar closer. She seemed to have delved into the project already by the look of her outfit, and even though the mechanism didn't seem too dangerous, he was still worried about where they were going. Perhaps Margaret could dampen his worries eventually.

Last edited:

Mentioned: Reed Richards (@LocalAreaMan), Susan Storm (@Gands)
Interactions: Reed, Susan
Outfit: School Uniform (costume mentioned)

Peter’s mood suddenly shifted as Reed instinctively grabbed his arm to analyze the web-shooter he had showed off. He was surprised that a genius like Richards would ever be interested in something that a nobody like him made, but Peter was excited to find somebody apart from Ned who shared an interest in the intuitiveness of his invention. With a proud smile, Peter waited for Reed to slow down his speech before he began talking again. ”No, the materials for the shooters are pretty simple, it’s just nickel-plated annealed brass with a leather baseplate. This is actually the second version, believe it or not... The original was made using an old Beyblade base as a sort of make-shift ‘spinnerette’. As for the webbing, it’s a concoction that I can make, but I can also shoot it normally since my body produces a similar substance.” Peter explained, pointing to the small puffed out area on his wrist with a tiny hole at the end, showing off where he could fire his organic webbing. ”Though it hurts like heck to do it..”

When Reed finally let go of his arm, Peter continued and laughed a little. ”Hey don’t worry; I’m actually kind of excited that you’re so pumped about my web shooters. But anyways; I learned how to synthesize the webbing it shortly after the, uh... ‘Incident’. My body can’t just make enough web to fill the cartridges, so it’s easier to use the synthetic stuff. The recipe is pretty simple, actually. Just the basics; salicylic acid, toluene, Methanol, Heptane, carbon tetrachloride, Potassium Carbonate, ethyl acetate, Hexane, Beta hydroxy acid, sodium tetraborate and silica gel. Boil it for a bit while constantly stirring and voila; homemade web-fluid. As for the strength of it tho--”

However, just as Peter was about to reveal further details about his famous webbing, they encountered the tiny powerhouse that was Molly, who proposed that they would be put trough some intense endurance training. Yeah; good luck with that, Peter thought. But Margaret seemed to reaffirm his beliefs considering she shot down that idea quicker than it takes to beat up The Shocker (or, as Peter referred to him as; “The Pincushion”).

Looking back at Reed and Susan, Peter gave a shrug and said ”Guess you two are gonna sit together? Don’t want to interrupt your reunion with me going on about spider-stuff.”

gwen_stacy__ponytail_by_merkymerx-dbjf21z.jpg

Mentioned: Ben ( @Laivindur ), Simon & Susan ( @Gands ), Reed, Margaret & Steve Rogers ( @LocalAreaMan ) Molly & Nico ( @Camleen ), Peter ( @mr_pibbs )
Interactions: Raven ( @Ms.Ezra )

Before long the Dean was moving them along to their mode of transportation: A bus. At least it was practical, right? Gwen kept her pace alongside Raven, and was just about to launch into conversation when:

"International. It's nice to see a special gem among commoners."

Gwen leaned forward to look past Raven, realizing two of the boys from their group had decided to walk a beside her and attempt at conversation. Never mind that Gwen was here, too. With a simple roll of her eyes the blonde teenager brushed it off. Raven was foreign, interesting. It wasn't really surprising that hormonal teenage boys were already flocking to her. Gwen didn't much mind either, as she wasn't exactly looking for any kind of boyfriend, so her slight jealousy was gone as soon as it arrived.

Inside the bus was a very excited young girl who Margaret introduced as Molly. It became obvious very quickly that Molly already knew one of the other teammates- who she referred to as Minoru- and not in a good way. Though this peaked Gwen's interest their interaction quickly died down. Oh well, she was sure all the juicy details would be revealed with time.

Gwen allowed Raven to slip in front of her as they filed into the bus, letting her take the window seat while Gwen situated herself in the aisle. With a glance around her eyes landed on Peter... of course, right? Thanks to their stupid spider connection she always seemed to know exactly where he resided when he was nearby. Still talking to the tall boy and the pretty girl.

She wondered when they were finally going to acknowledge each other. Obviously they had to, and she was sure it was going to be a very awkward conversation. Has he even put together that I'm the other web-slinger that's been in the news? She wondered. Giving him a glance over, Gwen shook her head to herself. Probably not.

She considered getting up and approaching him right then... But, that seemed excessive. There was no point in seeking him out during the bus ride when she was sure a better opportunity would come up when they reached their destination. Perhaps one that was more discreet and didn't call so much attention to their mutual dislike of one another.

Turning her attention to Raven, Gwen commented, "You must be used to getting attention like that from boys, huh?" She almost laughed, remembered Ben's corny lines. They were sweet, but not exactly her thing.

Susan Storm

" Don't worry Peter, Reed and I have already had our reunion. You two can go on talking tech, it's all good."

She was pleasant about it. She was for the moment going to relax with her book until they arrived at the new location. Time would show a need to maintain concentration when she started practicing with her powers. Molly was interesting, she might be a heck of an asset when she matured a bit. Then again, Reed could be a great asset and he hasn't matured much either. Perhaps she was the odd one out.

@mr_pibbs @LocalAreaMan @Camleen @Brea @Laivindur @Ms.Ezra

“Fantastic!” Raven exclaims and gives Gwen a grateful smile. She catches the tall boy's look of approval and is about to say something when she sees that hand on his shoulder. It almost makes her frown to jump to the conclusion Just my luck the cutest boys are gay.

Her eyes instead come back to Margaret just in time to see the other blonde girl give her a reassuring touch, and whisper something in her ear. Raven only assumes words to calm her down. Seems to Raven that Margaret is none too good at hiding all of her emotions. Raven thinks she is very good at that. She puts a pin in that idea to maybe or maybe not test/use as leverage in the future.

Next her ears pick up on the conversation between the small brainy boy and the taller one. He claims he can do 'a lot of cool stuff' and something about a 'weird theme' followed by a question of if they would be suiting up. Did this program entail a uniform? Raven hopes not for her. Required attire would kind of hurt her ability to blend in. He does have a good point though; Raven looks around and is very curious about seeing what everyone can do. Maybe this field trip was to somewhere they would all be able to do that? Raven doesn't need it but already she is thinking of a way to show off once given the opportunity. A very fun way.

She starts formulating this plan as everyone is ushered out of the cramped office, unaware for a moment she has been walking next to the tall boy until he gets her attention. This time the blush that come to Raven's cheek is genuine when she is referred to as a 'special gem' because that is very much what Raven considers herself no matter the company. Her earlier assumption of his orientation is wiped away just as suddenly as it had been formed. The two were just on very friendly terms.

“Why thank you.” Raven grins looking up at Ben but offers no more under the cover of an embarrassed teen girl who can't think of what else to reply with besides that.

When they get outside to the bus, Raven thinks to try and wrangle a way to sit next to Ben but decides that would be too obvious right now she was interested, and also rude to Gwen. The persona she was trying to sell to the others was not rude.

Meeting Molly was interesting. Unlike the others this girl makes herself known very loudly, and Raven cannot help but respect that. The bravado, the confidence were palpable. Then there was the equally palpable tension between her and the Asian girl she has not even gotten the name of yet. They knew each other, obviously, but were not on good terms.

Raven sidesteps the tension and gets her seat next to Gwen without properly introducing herself to Molly or David. They would be doing that soon enough anyway.

At Gwen’s comment, Raven nods and answers “Yes, I was warned American boys are very fond of foreign girls.” Raven leans closer to Gwen and whispers “And if I am being honest, feeling is mutual.” She giggles and leaves it at that leaning back to let Gwen and anyone who happened to have overheard that mull it over.

David Layton [With some minor Matt Murdock]

The bus ride to the academy had been uneventful, as not only was the bus hardly populated save for a girl and David himself. But he has seated himself in the back away from the girl. Not that he had an issue with her, it was more because he wasn't in the mood for interactions.

Which only left him with his thoughts to occupy his time.

He couldn't help but think about what he had gotten himself into. Getting recruited into some project that beyond the scarce words that the agent had used to describe what the project was. "You and other people like you with their own special talents and abilities will form a team." Beyond that, nothing. For all he knew, he was being led to what could one of those labs where they dissect you to figure out how you got your ability and how to replicate it.

A very unlikely chance. But still a chance.

But this paranoid thought hadn't stopped him from getting on the bus when it arrived. He had chosen to wear a greyish hoodie with cargo pants, black sneakers and some sunglasses to keep the sunlight from annoying him by filling his vision with those blobs. As if he remembered correctly. Due to how his mother and him had only moved to this city just yesterday, David wasn't going to be able to get to the academy at regular time. Instead, that was to be saved for tomorrow. Right now though, he and the girl were going to be meeting up with the other members for what was described as a meet and greet. What would happen in said activity beyond what the name foretold was unknown.

Eventually the bus arrived at the academy, and an array of students got on the bus. Many of them were complete strangers, and David watched as a girl recognized the one that was on the bus with him and as someone introduced a girl to another teen from the looks of it, while two other girls sat together, a tall guy with red sunglasses sat with a girl while another boy sat behind them. Finally a boy with red sunglasses walked onto the bus with cane in hand. Blind from the looks of it. This had caused David to raise an eyebrow, wondering what the boy's ability could be. The boy with the cane sat across from the boy who had sat behind the tall guy with red shades and the girl.

An interesting gathering to say the least.....

Reactions: Gands and Brea
nba001a.jpg
Nico sits in the seat, staring out the window, her arms folded over her chest. She scowls at her own faint reflection in the glass, her heart pounding right now. She’s angry, and she’s embarrassed. What the hell was that about? Margaret knew a ton about her… so Margaret had to know about her connection to Molly. As Simon sits down next to her, Nico glances over her shoulder discretely towards the back of the bus where Molly had plopped herself down. And she sees Margaret slide into the seat next to Molly… cripes they’re friends aren’t they? And just from the brief look… Margaret seems surprised too. Nico looks towards Simon as he welcomes himself to sit next to her, and she finds herself leaning away from him out of habit. But only for a moment, of course. Hard to break some habits so quickly.

She smiles faintly to Simon, and she shakes her head a little. “There’s really no point in comparing emotional scars, man.” Nico shrugs a little, trying to make that whole little bit of drama seem not so important. “I mean we got plenty of time to get new emotional scars with this band of misfits, AmIRight?” She says with a little grin.

Nico doesn’t know how the rest of this not so well thought out venture will go, but clearly she’s going to have to deal with Molly sooner or later. Sooner, preferably. For starters she loves Molly, genuinely. They might as well be sisters. And second.. well being on the bad side of someone with the strength to throw a bus along with the temperament and logic of a teenage girl is not a place you want to stay.

MollyBanner001.jpg
Molly is just… festering… she can feel herself sloooowly getting angrier and angrier as she sits there. She kind of slumps down in the seat, her fingers tapping over and over against her thighs. She glances up, and for a moment or 5 considers just getting up, tearing off the roof and walking away. That would be the cool way to do it, after all. She looks to her side, towards the window she sits near and she actually starts to reach out for it. She’ll just tear the window off and climb out and be done with it. Fortunately, that’s when Margaret sits down next to her. Immediately she draws her hands back, making it seem like she wasn’t just about to do some major damage to their transportation.

Her eyes snap towards Margaret, and for a few moments there is still anger there. But… well Molly might be a butt, but she’s not cruel. Not intentionally. She stares at Margaret, and then she huffs loudly as she looks down. “You don’t…” she starts in a soft murmur.

She knows what happened here. Their group needed more members. Well.. the others thought that. She didn’t think they needed anyone else, frankly. Margaret or Steve probably thought Nico would be a good addition, and would be a pal for Molly. She thinks that’s how it went down, anyways.

Now Molly looks towards Margaret out of the corner of her eyes, and she speaks softly once again. “No I’m happy. Thrilled.” She lies “Just didn’t.. expect… her to be here is all. I knew you was goin out and gettin people… I just didn’t expect anyone I knew.” She’s trying to make it seem like it’s just the shock of seeing Nico. It’s not, of course.

So Molly now does what Molly does, and she puts a smile on her face as she sits up in her seat. “She’ll be great for your team!” Her tone still soft, so only those in her immediate vicinity would hear her. “I’m cool, Marg’ret.” She says with a little nod. "And like your dad said, we do need a few additional peoples.” though he probably didn’t word it like that.

She then looks over her shoulder, eyebrows raised as she hears Ben’s voice. She turns a little in her seat as she smiles now brightly to him. She makes a dismissive motion. “Hey, no worries, newbutt. I’m all good! I mean we’re all pals now” She presumes because people are around her they are somehow her pals “and soon we’re gonna be a beatin up machine. Like.. beatin people up. Not bein beat up.” she nods, that having been perfectly reasonable in her head. She looks like she’s about to sit back in her seat properly, but she hesitates. She stares at Ben, her eyes narrowing a moment. There’s something about him.. something.. off…

Or it’s her imagination.

She sits now facing forward, and she gives Margaret a thumbs up. “So let’s get to the playground so all of these peoples can be memorized by my awesome.” She means mesmerized, of course. Molly doesn't really make note of anyone else that has gotten on board yet. The freight train that is Molly's personality has been derailed just slightly, but it'll be back on track so soon.

Reactions: Gands
Simon Graham Williams

Simon watched Nico seem to struggle for a moment then reply. She even managed a grin in her reply.

"You are probably right. They keep telling me not to think so much about the past. "

He sighed.

"Anyway, yeah, plenty of potential trouble to worry about in our future anyway. Likewise, ( he looks back at Molly for a moment ) you seem to have enough to think about without me bothering you miss Nico. I will just sit here and listen to music until we get there, if that's okay with you."

Simon sighed again softly and put in the earbuds to listen to the music player & closed his eyes.

~ Reed Richards ~

Hearing the list of ingredients Reed’s mind immediately went through how each ingredient would work together, especially adding in the heating element involved as well. As Susan gave Peter the go ahead to sit with Reed, the young genius nodded while stroking his chin. “Yes I can see how that would produce a substance that would provide something almost web like. Plus the shooter being made from a… beyblade set? Must be some mechanical plan Reed wasn’t aware of yet.

“But yeah, Susan and I go way back.” Reed noted to Peter as he finally took a seat next to Peter on the bus. Getting an aisle seat as he was still expecting a moment to get his gear at his house. He glanced back at his friend as she pulled out a book. “Her dad and my dad were good friends so we constantly hung around each other.” Reed explained to Peter. The tone of voice and how he was around Susan made it clear he had always enjoyed her company. There hasn’t been many people who Reed ever felt like he could talk too. Not just in terms of scientific talk, but really just be emotionally honest with. He appreciated it, even if the mention of his dad did leave just a slight bittersweet taste in his voice.

“I mean how her and I got our powers was actually from a large scale experiment we did in Latveria during the summer. Not really going to get into details but uh… needless to say we didn’t achieve teleportation quite like we had hoped.” Reed meekly told his newfound friend in Peter.

~ Margaret Rogers ~

Molly wasn’t exactly one to hide her emotions very well, it was clear something between her and Nico left a bad taste in her mouth. Exchanging glances between Molly and Nico subtly Margaret decided right now probably wasn’t the best time. After all, this was supposed to be a more fun and light hearted day for the newly formed team.

Suddenly though Ben in the next seat behind them spoke up, something about pink unicorn balloons or something. Margaret’s confusion overrode the feelings of worry she had as she glanced behind towards the magic user. “Uh… wha?” Was all she could muster in trying to rack her brain over what he said exactly.

“Alright everyone’s on board right?” Steve Rogers asked from at the front of the bus, a small finger pointing gesture towards everyone else on board as he tried to mentally confirm his own question. “Looks like it, okay everyone it’s time to get a move on!” As soon as Steve gave the go ahead. Coulson closed the sliding door of the bus, and the bus began to pull away.

Before she could even wait for Ben to explain himself, Margaret’s mind suddenly flashed back to earlier in the day. Her eyes popping open, “Oh shoot.” Margaret hopped up from her seat, carefully strolling up to the front. Leaning in she told both her dad and Coulson about Reed’s request from earlier in the day. That he wanted to stop by his house to get his special gear. It was on the way over. So it wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

As Margaret strolled back, she passed by Reed, giving him a thumbs up. “Almost forgot about the request. But we’ll make sure you can get your things.” She assured Reed.

~ Reed Richards ~

Glancing over from Peter Reed smiled. “Oh thank you!” He said to her before she made her way back. Reed returned his attention to Peter. “Yeah I actually have a specially made suit that I’ve been using to explore my elastic powers in. I had to come up with a material that was elastic enough so I ended up making one. I don’t really have a name for it yet, but considering the unusual nature of the molecules in the fabric involved I just call in unstable molecule for the time being. It is almost limitless in how elastic it is, plus its almost completely fireproof, plus its quite comfortable. I even made underwear out of it…” Reed almost started to go into that topic but… the memories of him saying something to that effect with Tony earlier quickly reminded him that it wouldn’t end well. “I mean not that you need to know or see it or anything…”

Pausing for a moment Reed stayed seated as his hands and head stretched around and over to Susan. “Hey Susan? When I get my suit would you be willing to try on an extra one I have? With your powers I wanted to see how the suit’s material would react to it…”

~ Margaret Rogers ~

As Margaret came back up to Ben and Molly she adjusted her hair a little. “Sorry, I made a promise to one of the others they could swing by their house really quick to get some things. I almost completely forgot to say something to dad about it.” She explained to the two.

As she started to sit down though, she realized on the other side of where they were seating was something she almost didn’t even notice. Her mind quickly put the pieces together, as it dawned on her it was David Layton. “Oh hey, David right? Sorry I haven’t said anything yet.” She said to the young man before extending out a hand. “Margaret Rogers, I heard you were coming in late today so it's good to see you made it for this at least.” Pausing Margaret turned, with her other hand pointing over to Molly and Ben. “Those two by the way are Ben Baker and Molly Hayes. It looks like you’ve probably met Molly already though.”

Susan Storm

Susan had a small part of herself assigned to listen to Reed. She did catch her name mentioned as Reed discussed how there powers came to be in a basic sense with his new friend. Uggh.

Then Reed stretched over and asked her to try his new material. Now, something she hadn't worked out regarding one of her powers. When she used her invisibility power for herself, her clothing was not included. Yet if she projected it, everything seemed to be included.

Now as usual, Reed had not thought of one thing that she did. He would have to know all of her body measurements to make this work. She would also need to be quite naked during this testing. Subsequently She blushed as he asked.

" We will have to see Reed. There some questions regarding the testing that I have."

Susan tried to put such testing out of her mind for the moment and the swirling mixed feelings about Reed, her powers and the incident in Latveria over the Summer.

She put the book down for a moment to catch Margaret running up to the front of the bus to discuss Reed's special request. Reeds' special relationship with Margaret already coming into play. Some tiny part of Susan fumed... But she would never admit that even to herself.

She took a moment to look back at the others again. Simon with Nico, She with mixed body language of awkwardness, a desire to be left alone and need to be nice. Susan amused, poor Simon she thought. The two pretty girls talking. Matt and David bith fairly quiet. Mister Ben attracked to young Molly like a moth to flame.

Yes, she thought, as she picked her book back up, it was going to be seriously interesting this school year.

As Margaret left Molly and Ben alone, Ben chortled brightly at Molly, and said "Memorized?" He could only get a moment of reaction from her however, as Margaret came back excusing her sudden leave, and introducing them to the boy sitting by himself further back. Ben sat back against his bag by the window. This way he could see everyone around him. He noticed how Reed stretched around the bus to communicate, and it made Ben smile, so naturally he would smile to David when speaking "Hi, David." As if in an anonymous alcoholic meeting, or other humiliating meetings, he said as a joke "I'm sixteen and I'm an abducted superhuman." With his joke hanging in the air Ben subtly looked for any uniform like clues, or mechanisms on David. Earlier, the raven hair had made sure to have a closer look on the mechanism around Molly's collar, to perhaps find out more about it.
She looked ready to go into action from the look of her outfit, and if that mechanism was a part of it, he wanted to know why, and whether they all would be having any special mechanisms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands