Marvel Uprising I: Dark Reign

• Thread starter Fel of the Eternal Forest
  • Start date
Obviously, coming from another dimension meant Alexander's first day in this particular one would be full of little learning experiences. Right now the lesson involved discerning the difference between heart and soul. A heart was something that Venom fittingly did not possess, while on the other hand it DID have a soul. After all it came from a race of LIVING costumes which were not animated through some botched animism or alchemy ceremony.

And according to specific NOTES, rather than what the young magic user's OPINIONS were of villainous aliens. . . the strange spell effected hearts instead of souls. Eventually such a realization would sink in and Alexander would get it one day. Until then he would continue to make several underestimations of the Symbiotes spiritual nature along with their strengths.

But that didn't stop Venom from starting to get pulled into the talking book.

"THIS BOOK SUCKS!"

An angered voice screeched out before the tendrils tried to find something secure to latch onto. Just a youthful mage fresh from another dimension really. . . nothing terribly hard to grab a hold of with those ever expanding tendrils. Preventing capture remained above all else as an important mission objective. Even with Gargan dead Osborn would still likely want the Symbiote for further use with the Dark Avengers. Or at the very least to betray and find it's own freedom if possible.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Hey, time to get up."

Whether it was the words themselves or more likely the potent injection, Trevor's eyes suddenly shot open with an expression which fell under several categories. Never before had such a sensation filled his body with such energy. Both eyes were darting around the landscape, trying to piece thing together before locking onto Angel with an intense gaze. Inside his brain the Symbiote screamed to life, feeding off of the adrenaline, then using that to fuel a speedy recovery for the host. Even forgetting the fact he now stood in his boxers before a very attractive young woman, the young man suddenly he sprang up onto his feet. But the feeling was a bit TOO intense, causing him to stumble back and lean against the wall for a few moments. During that time Contrition sent out a 'pulse' to try sensing around for their ancestor.

He's in that tunnel! Contrition can sense him there! We have to stop him before he hurts anyone else!

"I KNOW WHERE VENOM IS!"

Rocketing down the tunnel at a break-neck speed, black and orange gushed out from nearly every single pore in a frighteningly fascinating fashion. Black and orange ichor enveloped Murasaki's entire body to leave him as a faceless mass for a few seconds until the living costume finished forming ITself. Mostly black as if to camoflauge itself in darkness, that purpose felt betrayed by the orange accents of the Symbiote.

Now a mouthless being of magma or a serious Halloween makeover quickly caught up to Thomas before actually passing him. The added 'kick' of whatever Angel had injected the host with had greatly increased the speed of the Host while connected to the Symbiote. Luck would hopefully prevent any sort of addiction to the substance since the alien life-form was still in a relatively young stage of life. Otherwise the consequences of this unique revival would come back to haunt both of them in the future.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Venom had actually restrained the youth by the wrists alone in an attempt to bond with the dimensional traveler. Even as the spell book sucked it in the creature's fighting spirit had bot been broken by a long shot. It knew that with a new host the terror could begin anew within the same night. Corruption did indeed radiate from the Symbiote's aura as the sinister plan to taint the boy with insanity became clear. Small mouths suddenly formed at the tips of the tendrils which had wrapped around the wrists of Alexander. Just entering the bloodstream would be enough to give the hostless creature a chance to bond and take the young wizard with it into the spell book.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Up ahead Contrition's heightened state allowed IT to grasp what was about to happen, seeing the twisted battle occurring due to all the light the young wizard had gone and created. Both hands suddenly shot out as if shoving away the air out in front of them like a bully on the playground. From the ebony black palms shot out seperate strands of pure white that managed to latch directly onto the newly formed serpentine tendril mouths.

"Do penance, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

Yanking with all his new-found might pulled back on the tendrils with such force that it ripped them away from the not yet invaded. His voice, distorted into a strange variation by the costume, echoed down the subway tunnel while he continued to grow closerto the battle. All the words were directed at Venom rather than the stranger. Disconnecting from the first strands, two more were fired from the palms of his hands, this time meant to slingshot him forward just as Venom prepared another attempt to bond with the human.

Flying through the air, his hands came to Index and forcefully shut the book to hopefully speed up the process of pulling Venom into those strange pages. Mere nanoseconds passed as the infamous creature suddenly vanished into Index. Just how long could she hold such corruption inside without being affected? But then again nothing at all was truly known about the newest arrivals into the subway tunnels. To the young Symbiote and to the Host it was much better than anymore bloodshed going on in the tunnels tonight. Orange eyes looked directly at the newcomer while still holding the spell book shut with inhuman strength out of uncertainty of what would happen upon letting go of the tome.

"In the Old Testament it is God who gives a new heart and a new spirit for repentance. And you are NOT he."

Was it Trevor talking? His Symbiote? Or perhaps right now the two truly were acting as one entity known as Contrition?

By the time Alexander saw Venom lunged out at him it was too late. Clearly his reaction time wasn't as fast as Venom's to being sucked up by Index. "ALEX!!!" Index shouted as the tendrils grabbed his wrist. Yet was to late, Alexander was with a mental battle with the Symbiont. As he fought the corruption that was trying to enter in his body. He saw random thoughts and memories of the Symbiont. Alexander knew if he didn't do something fast he would be in trouble. Index sensing his stress suddenly upped the suckage, "Damnit you bastard let go of my Alex!" she yelled.

Suddenly someone appeared and pulled on venom and she was able to suck it in just to have herself close shut. "EEEK ANOTHER ONE!!!" she shouted. As venom was forced to let go, Alexander came back and shook his head,"Good Lord." he stated. Upon seeing Contrition he nearly turned ghostly white. thou he relaxed as he was able to see its aura that showed the white color of innocents. There was sadness and guilt, but mostly innocents. Alexander calmed.

"In the Old Testament it is God who gives a new heart and a new spirit for repentance. And you are NOT he."

The red head grinned, "True, yet Shepperd's who serve God must not let their flock go astray." he rebutted.

"Anyways you can let go of her now." he stated. Index then wiggled her way out of Contrition's hands and flew to Alex, "Alex we have a...." Alexander raised his hand a gave a slight nod, "I know, that thing has a soul." he said the opened to the page where Venom was being held, "This won't last long." he stated. Alexander's eyes started to glow to a amber color flipping Index's pages. When he found the page he wanted he reached his hand into one of her pages and pulled out a book. Index made a small lustful moan when he did this. He then flipped through her pages again and grabbed two more books and Index moaned twice more. If he wasn't so busy he would ask why she dose that.

Once he had the books he needed he let go of Index. Alex quickly opened the three books to the pages he wanted and made them hover in mid air. "Index go over there." he pointed to the middle of the room and she did so. Suddenly there air around Alexander started to stir up, "OK you pain in the backside, lets see how you do when the spell doesn't care if your a human or not, with or without a soul." he said as his body started to get a faint glow as he gathered up sither.

There was some light going on farther down the tunnel (Cliche as it may seem), and Catherine was more than happy to oblige.

Wherein a kid was stimulating a book by flipping through the pages. The phrase "rule 34" came to mind. It was probably rude to watch.

And yet...

Oh, right, they were all up to something. Book! Glowy sigils! Kid who claimed to be a wizard (well, that could be true. The world did have a rather high amount of wackiness going on).

"Wait, how powerful of an attack are you planning on using.."

Thankfully, Angel had taken a few steps back after nudging Trevor with her foot. It wouldn't have been good for either of them if he had crashed into her with the speed that he had stood up with. She watched his reaction to the little 'jolt' she had given him. The young woman only turned her head to watch his rapidly retreating form. He seemed to be handling it well...so far. The crash afterward was probably going to be a hell of a thing for him though, considering how burned out he was already.

Well, she thought, hopefully the kid knew that the first one was always free...After that though, if he fell into the horrible pit of addiction she'd pushed others into, there'd be a hell of a price to pay. Not everyone did though. Angel knew that she never did. She couldn't. She wouldn't.

The young woman's chin tilted upward slightly in a haughty fashion, even though there was no one around to see it.

Inside though, she felt a sharp twist of discomfort. A warning sign.

Angel quickly moved into a light jog, slipping from the shadows to catch up with the rest of the group in their persuit of Venom.

Col. Fury approached, cigar alight dangling from his lips. In this world, you couldn't say that 'it isn't every day some magical kid pops up out of no where.' In fact, random appearances of children, space aliens and Nazis from the forties at the prime of their life showing up like a day hadn't passed where a regular occurrence. Even the book that ate things wasn't an oddity. He had seen this as he walked behind the others, deciding to step back to see how they would react.

"Ladies, settle." He said. "And who might you be, boy? One of us? Hydra? H.A.M.M.E.R.? Where is the nice little talking black ink that may've come this way?"

I will never leave my page open again because my wife is jerk and posts stuff on my page. But I do it on her facebook so se la vie

The fact Alexander knew words from the bible seemed to comfort the combined entity that was currently codenamed Contrition. If he had known the boy was from another dimension it might have caused some questions. Mostly since both sides had never really believed in alternate dimensions. Sure they were in movies and such but other than that it was a bit questionable. Yet given the recent circumstances of his life involved surviving a Skrull invasion. . . he might be a touch more open to believing strange stories. Aliens who bonded with other creatures certainly required some getting used to if that was a new concept to a teenager.

However dirty books that moaned gave off the feeling of a demonic power.

When the young Wizard started to power some type of magical spell, Contrition leaped back ten feet before going into a slightly crouched position. One meant to take on moving in any direction with agile readiness. Magic was an altogether new thing for him to witness in the flesh. It was what at one time could have been considered a miracle when used for good. But now it felt threatening and unfamiliar to both the teen and the living alien costume. Especially the presence of the book and now the strengthening presence of it's master.

She's right. Just how powerful IS this going to be? What's it aimed at? Is it going to be like that grenade? This feels funky.

Fury asked the questions that Contrition would have gotten around to eventually, so he silently awaited the answer. During that time he moved away from the rest of the group and searched specifically for Angel. Once he located the Pusher-woman, he took to walking by her side while occasionally looking over at her. Unless she did something to shoo him away, she would have to deal with Contrition's orange eyes staring at her with some sort of questioning nature that had not quite escalated to suspicion just yet.

Luckily the 'kick' had not yet worn off.

From the looks of Index she is about to pop, he needed to hurry. Taking noticed that two other people had appeared and asked him questions, Fury, like he was a kid. Hey maybe young but he was 17. Alexander finishing up on gathering energy spoke quickly, "I am about to make a barrier, so don't get close to Index in less you want to be trapped with Venom."

Alexander looked back at Index, "OK everyone stay behind me." he stated and the wind droped off but a sudden pressure filled the air as Alex's aura turned golden, "Leonardo at my right, Michelangelo to my right, Donatello standing infront of me, and Raphael behind me. The four artists of the Renaissance, come together and build me your masterpiece..." Suddenly Index's pages flew open and litterly threw up Venom into the center of the room. "Supreme barrier!" As Index flew away before Venom could react and large green barrier formed around the alien.

Suddenly Alexander started another incantation, "From the hands of Death, Deadly Tempest!" The floor underneath Venom turned into a blazing red, but the spell didn't go off as the barrier seemed to cap it like soda in a bottle. One would think he was done as he took a breath but the grin he made said otherwise, "Chains of gold, please be the chain that links my enemies cuffs and bind him before me, Divine Chains!" Chain of golden light spring from the ground wrap around the barrier and bolted to the ceiling as the barrier turned to the color that matched its chains.

Alexander had a breath and took the books that were floating infront of him in his hands. Index came flying to her master as if trying to hug him, "You did it Alex!" she cued. The red head smiled, "Thanks Index, here." he said. As she opened to three blank pages he insert the books .Index, making small moans each time. Alexander looked at her with a odd look, "Why do you do that?" he ask. Index giggled like a school girl, "I'll tell you when you turn 18." Alex being purely Innocent had know idea what she meant simply shrugged it off.

Now facing with the new comers, "Sorry, forming a barrier spell, a fire spell with a reinforcement spell all at once takes bit of time." he said and made a quick bow, "I am Alexander Von Lightheart and this floating book next to me is Index, and you all are?" he ask with a kind smile. He then turned to look at his work, "Oh and dose anyone have any questions?" he ask kindly?

Well, he wasn't blowing stuff up just for the lulz. This kid probably was fairly knowledgeable in his chosen subject area (magic), and he had an assistant too. Kinda like clippy, but more adorable. And not annoying.

"What I want to know is how, exactly, that worked. It looked like you were invoking spirits to garner the desired effect...do you have to make a contract with them beforehand?"

Catherine walked over and grabbed Index out of the air, trying flipping through her for a bit.
"As a heads up, magic's kinda weird in this country, world, and dimension. But we've got things like Venom back there, so it all kinda levels out."

She looked up from one of the blank pages, ignoring the pleas of the magic book. "huh, interesting...anyways, I'd like to learn how all this...stuff of yours works. It's rather counter to the classical scientific paradigm, so learning how to fit it in could be neat. Also, your book seems to be blank."

If the symbiote, holy roller or not, didn't back the hell off, he was about to get a whole different kind of 'kick.' One involving a boot and his ass, specifically. The lower lid of Angel's right eye twitched in annoyance, probably hard enough for Contrition to see. Of course, whether or not either it or Trevor himself could pick up on its meaning remained unsaid. . .

". . ."

She glanced over. He was still there. Looked like her question was answered. . .

"... What?" the young woman asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "It's rude...and weird, to stare." the hint of annoyance was quickly turning into more than a hint, though she kept her voice low as Fury spoke. "Christ."

The young woman's wings seemed to tuck slightly closer to her body, as if to shield her from the symbiote as she leaned away a tad. Her eyes flicked quickly, giving him a brief glance from foot to creepily staring eyes to forehead, "Is there something you need?"

Her actions were not unnoticed as Angel quickly made it clear that orange eyes did not tickle her fancy at all. In Trevor's mind the Symbiote cackled immaturely, it showing through somehow in those empty eyes. Perhaps it just slightly enjoyed getting under the skin of someone other than it's host. Yet it soon came through subtle changes in expression underneath the living costume that somewhat of an apologetic nature might have flickered through. At first his head only tilted in response to her twitching eyebrow. But the emotion from her now registered clearly with the spoken words of warning.

Not letting his guard down for a moment, Trevor kept it very short.

"We'll talk about it later."

Masking the moving mouth, the living costume had not yet bared fangs or any action so aggressive as that yet. There was no need to start some type of interrogation when a much larger threat was still posed by a member of the Symbiote's species. Contrition then stepped away from Angel, closer to one of the walls, leaning against it without care of how old or dusty the surface was at this point. After all one of the perks of his unique relationship was a self-cleaning suit.

Index suddenly made a "EEK!" sound as she was pulled out of the air. She she took notice of her pages being flipped through, "Hey! Get your whore fingers off of me!" she shouted and tryed to wiggled out of Catherine's hands. Alex made a disapproved expression, "Be kind to Index, she maybe be in her book form but she is living and breathing as you and I are." he stated and walked up and firmly took Index out of the woman's hands. The red head then closed Index, "She has a human form just so you know." he stated kindly. Looking back at the barrier, "The reason she has blank pages is due that she doesn't have items to fill those pages while other pages you need to be of my bloodline to view the contents."

After looking over Index he let her float about once more, this time staying close to her master. Alex looked back at Catherine, "As to your earlyer question, there are spells like that however what I did just now was purely my own. By drawing in the surrounding Sither and converting it into Magical Energy, or "MANA". I then focus, power, form, and stabilize the spell by using my known reality. I then execute it with a incantation that is all powered by my own Ether." he explained. Alex then looked at Venom that is still trapped, "I'll make a example." After a quick charge from gathering sither he held out his hand, "Four swords of unending light!" Suddenly four sword of pure glowing white fade into reality, hovering around him.

The wizard turned to face Fury, "And to anwser your question, I know not of what you mean by "One of Us" or Hammer and no human would serve a Hydra. Perhaps you should tell me where i am first." he stated and ask politely. Alexander then place the four swords of light into the ground north, south, east, and west of the barrier. About four feet from the barrier wall. As they stook to the ground the appeared to be glowing crosses.

Thomas walked up and answered Alex's question before Fury had the chance. "New York, now I suggest that we scram. We already spent too much time trying to catch venom, so no doubt the authorities are almost here, if not already swarming the platform." With that Thomas walked past Alex down the tunnel. "Let's hope we can find another way out that isn't barricaded by police yet."