Marvel Uprising I: Dark Reign

• Thread starter Fel of the Eternal Forest
  • Start date
Thomas moved into a building off of the alley, dropping his umbrella and putting on his armor as quickly as he could. He left the building as he pulled on his helmet and mask. Moving quickly as he heard a small crash in the alley. He ignored it heading for the subway station.

Gunshots, and the girl picked up her pace towards their destination. This was a good bit more exciting than Catherine had expected.

She picked up her speed, grabbing the young girl by the wrist and covering them with the umbrella. No sense getting wet, after all.
Catherine did a quick scan of the are as they ran. Nothing stuck out, but...something was wrong, up on the roofs of the buildings.

It's a good thing the subway was just in front of them, and they got to be the first ones there. Catherine tossed her umbrella off to one side-she could retrieve it later. Right now though, there were more pressing matters at hand. Soon to be very pressing.
"..You're not hurt, are you?"

Well, this is…different.'

All the sudden, she was feeling younger than she actually was. Being dragged around by your wrist would do that to you. Well, either that or inspire some fluttery romance, but that wasn't really her style…

At any rate, they were at their destination…

"No." she answered shortly before moving on, absently rubbing her wrist. "Are you?" she asked, rounding the corner. Her eyes narrowed as she peered into the dim area, looking for any of the familiar shapes of her soon-to-be teammates.

Thomas descended into the subway quickly. He looked extremely suspicious in his armor. As he reached the station he saw that the others had already gathered.

"Well, seems I'm a little late to the party," he remarked casually. Leaning against the wall near the stairs and lifting up his mask so the others knew who he was. "Now we just need for our host to get here."

Trevor turned away from Stanley when he heard voices just outside the relatively silent subway station. All that was really making noise at this point would have been the weather on such a slow night. Really, he thought it was a slow night? In normal terms it sort of was given the lack of people out, though they likely just wanted to avoid the weather. On the other hand tonight was rather exciting considering the crew of people he was getting mixed up with. Never in his life did the teen think he would ever meet Nick Fury in the flesh.

Both women arrived before Thomas did, he did not change his stance much when any of them arrived. If it were H.A.M.M.E.R. no one would be talking so much as to give away their position like that. Enough small things along those lines had been learned from TV. Each of the two girls got a brief wave from the hooded figure while Thomas got a slightly different reaction.

The Symbiote itself almost seemed to 'react' to the situation more than the Host. The unsettling air about Murasaki the others had sensed intensified without a word from him as he steadily approached the newest arrival. Part of him was ready to unleash some sort of improvised attack until the guy revealed his face. Mentally it seemed to have stirred out of an on-edge state into getting ready to attack something. It was feeling the 'flight or fight' slowly building in the Host's body upon the appearance of Thomas. The guy looked like some type of riot police or shock trooper after all.

One might almost believe it could somehow taste the violence outside and was feeding off of it to fuel the need to fight. It wanted to show off? Sought violence? Demanded justice? Luckily nothing on a visual level occurred or who knew what the others might do to him. Just what would they do when thy found out what secret he harbored in his body? Given the Symbiotes' track record with New York they could possibly crucify him. . .

How was Fury planning on handling him?

But when Thomas revealed himself the situation calmed down. Still the others likely felt less friendly toward him than before given the dangerous air created in part by his choice to remain mysterious and not show his face. For some reason his desire to be social died down from when he had been talking to Sonic Boom a few seconds ago. Trevor walked a touch closer toward the entrance as if willing to stand on guard to watch for Fury. Now he just watched the others silently with his face hidden in shadow.

Okay, so there weren't the first there. In fact more along the lines of last, aside from that guy with the eyepatch who called them there. Awwwwkwaaaard.

"Oh, hi there..."
Catherine did her best to hide her embarassment, and failed miserably. Everyone around her seemed really weird, which didn't much help her peace of mind.
"So, um...what exactly are you all here for?"

That's good. At least they listen to orders. Bang. Bang bang. The last of the men fell. There were no words, there was no drama. This was war, the very antithesis of the commotion of NYC. He looted the dead men's bodies only of their microphones and headphones, destroying them on the side of the alleyway.

As he walked toward the substation, he hummed mildly a tune of chaos. It was not long that he found his way there, it was only a few blocks, and descended the stairs.

"Is everyone here? First I would like to congratulate you. You passed the first test. Listening to orders. You obviously all know self control -- either that or you ran away in cowardice rather than on orders. Tell me now with honesty which is it?"

It was a good thing the girl wasn't a mind-reader. She certainly didn't think of herself as "really weird". . .The nerve! She thought she was very well adjusted, considering.

She quirked a brow and gazed around at the motley crew, noticing that the outfit was sans Eyepatch. She was about to ask where their fearless leader was when a figure in riot gear entered the scene. With all the shooting hubbub outside, she'd have figured having someone in that sort of outfit entering their current 'hideout' would cause a bit of a ruckus---and she was right.

It was like a cold rush - and not the good kind - that caused a clammy chill to crawl up her spine. It was like a clinging sickness in the pit of her stomach...like a sense of impending disaster.

The young woman slowly turned her head as the hooded one started to move forward. Her eyes narrowed as he appeared to get ready to intercept the armored one...until the armored one raised his visor and revealed himself.

The chill slowly dissipated as the hooded figure stood down, the young woman's fists slowly unclenching at the same time. She released a slow breath as the woman near her spoke.

"I'd be willing to wager we're all here for the same goal...just for different reasons."

She'd almost be willing to wager that it was almost time for introductions. Almost. But introducing oneself would come in handy, she thought. Especially if you were the sort of person who needed to hurriedly whisper your fondest wishes and dreams to while you gurgled and choked to death on your own blood.

Yeah.

"I'm Angel, by the way."

And then their fearless leader showed up!

"Extreme cowardice." the girl muttered out distastefully and with a thick layer of sarcasm, tilting her chip upward slightly. She was obviously having an issue with being called a coward, or with even having the word be associated with her. It almost made her want to break some fingers...

"That's a bit harsh...you haven't even told me why I was called here, much less how you heard of me...or even who you are."

Okay, so Catherine was not liking this guy yet. Rude, willing to violate their privacy, wearing an eyepatch even though Pirate Shiek went out of style ages ago...not something she liked.

Angel had introduced herself, and Catherine felt obliged to reply...but using her real name seemed wrong somehow.

"If we're coming up with codenames and all...I guess you can call me Claíomh Solais."

Trevor stood there slightly frozen by Fury's words in his mind as he contemplated what they meant to him. Did running away from the police make him a coward? Surely if they found him questions would be asked about the circumstances of his parents death and he would have to answer them. He would have to lie. . . or reveal the truth about his bonding with a Symbiote.

Each of his brothers would likely never forgive him for what had happened. After all it had been his choice to seek out a means to protect them. . . and in most people's eyes he had likely chosen poorly. Guilt consumed him on all sides yet it drove him toward proving the innocence of not only himself but the Symbiote as well. If he couldn't prove it to anyone else. . . he would prove it to himself, the Symbiote, and God.

While it was still young yet, it still had matured enough to form a costume and grant him extraordinary abilities that most only got to witness on the news. It had a mind of its own that was still growing and learning. No memories of the madness and cruelty which possessed not only the Venom and Carnage symbiotes but their hosts as well did not exist here in this pair. Just crushing guilt along with the desire to repent.

Did the Symbiote believe in God as the host it inhabited then?

That was still up for grabs at this point. . . but it did feel guilt for the death of Trevor's parents and knew of the atrocities past generations of its species. A basic grasp on the differences between right and wrong had formed already in the short time they had been joined together. Right now for as long as Trevor trusted the alien costume. . . their thoughts would be accessible to one another through a bond only another host would truly understand.

At this very moment the Symbiote was. . . talking to him. . . inside of his own head. Telling him that he had chosen to run from the police for the sake of protecting the Symbiote from those that would probably hurt it. That to risk incriminating himself in the eyes of others when both were innocent took courage. If he had turned himself in the authorities or likely even H.A.M.M.E.R. would have attempted to separate the two from each other and given it to someone more. . . friendly with Osborne's agenda.

Both knew that they had not physically murdered his parents yet still felt responsible for it since it was the alien costume's appearance which triggered the fatal fear. Continuing to speak into his mind, the Symbiote said that Fury must have known what they were and that perhaps through him they could find some form of absolution. Trevor started to believe that perhaps God had directed Fury toward him and that whatever choices were made tonight would impact his whole future.

Catherine's words sparked rebellion in him however, reminding him of how he had felt not to long ago upon reaching the original meeting place. They might have all been rounded up here so that those who posed even the slightest threat to Osborn's plans would now be wiped out. Although the skeptical person could say it might not be Nick Fury standing among them tonight. . . it sure felt like it was him to Trevor for some reason. When he next spoke the words came out with the fearless courage which showed solid potential for heroism or villainy.

"You'll have to do better than what I've seen so far to try making me turn tail and run. I'm not here in cowardice. . . I came for answers."

Seeing the others introduce themselves to the group compelled him to do so once again. After all they needed something to call them. It wouldn't be terribly useful for just Stanley to know what he wanted to be called. Even if Fury probably knew everything about him down to his bloody type and social security number. Deciding that since they were relatively concealed within the abandoned subway station he pulled down the hood which had obscured his face in shadows as he spoke.

"And for now you can call me. . .Contrition."

Thomas laughed. Coward or soldier? did it matter?
"I just did this 'cause I figured it'd help me stop being hunted, all there is to it."

The good Colonel paced. Eying everyone with the one eye that worked. "It will, in time. Sooner, rather than later, but I haven't a Thor on my team, nor an Iron Man, or Natasha... I haven't gotten anyone experienced in the world of being a hero. You've all just started out-new recruits as it were. We are going to fight a war, one that New York's finest should have prevented years ago, but the statis quo doesn't work. Anarchy, the seeds of chaos, pain, punishment and death. This is the time, maybe not as it was seventy years ago, when Cap and I fought in WWII, or in the Cold War, this is the third civil war that this nation has seen, the first the regulars fought-humans, if you will, the second brought on by the onslaught of heroes and their inability to control their reason for being. And this is a bad decision that the people of this country made.

"We have to fight it. Do not think I was calling you a coward, if I thought you were a coward you would never have been contacted. It was in fact a rhetorical question. Training begins... Now." He pulled out his pistol and shot directly towards the entrance of the sub station, felling a man. The bullet grazed his tech, and his invisibility fell off. He was still alive and talking.

Col. Fury walked up to him and took his mic. "This is Nick Fury, former head of S.H.I.E.L.D. If I am patched through to Mr. Osborn, know that I will hunt you down and kill you..." While he still held the microphone on, he unscrewed his silencer and placed the barrel on the H.A.M.M.E.R. agent's head. "I don't give a good god damn if this man is sided with you, or he is on the other side of the political coin. He is in your gear, and his pain will be yours to bear." And with that, he slowly, dramatically, squeezed the trigger.

And then it was like lightning striking directly above the station, glass shattering and the floor shaking... "Nick Fury, you are a DEAD man" the skinny black symbiote screeched.

Right when Fury moved to take out the H.A.M.M.E.R. agent Trevor started to move in an attempt to stop him. While he would fight to survive he did not understand the need to kill a man rather than just tie him up after subduing the agent. But what stopped him from acting to save the man in gear was the Symbiote bonded to him screaming into his mind that something was coming. Instantaneously he could feel something approaching their location with a distinctive aura. Just as Nick slowly pulled the trigger he yelled out loud enough to hopefully grab the group's attention.

"EVERYONE GET BACK!"

The glass shattered.

Without a second thought he had performed a backflip and landed high on the wall in a pose similar to a certain web-slinger. Sticking to the wall effortlessly might have given away what he was to the grand-daddy of all Earthborn Symbiotes but he didn't care. All that made the two similar were the source of their powers. Other than that they were as different as any two human beings were from one another.

A feeling he would never forget swept through his body as he realized the Symbiote had recognized one of it's own species approaching their location. Having witnessed a fight between Spider-Man and a certain black Symbiote in the past on the news led to an instant recognition of the creature who had just landed in their midst. For the sole reason of not pulling any punches he decided to play the hand he had as far as information went. Hopefully Sonic Boom could help the most and take down this deadly foe without any bloodshed.

"It's VENOM!"

It started as a small flutter in her heart, that little murmur traveling through her veins as it triggered a knot in her stomach and a tingling in her limbs. It was like the first wave of an ache that came to announce the arrival of a sickness. An invasion. Maybe it was just in her blood. She was told they were like that. Picky. Choosy. Territorial and cruel. If something didn't fit their way it was overpowered. . .or destroyed.

"EVERYONE GET BACK!"

There was a large rustle, like bolts of cloth unraveling as the glass shattered from above. The girl wrapped her arm around the waist of the woman she had arrived with, pulling her close. A pair of wings unfurling to shield them both from the blade-like shards. She released Claíomh Solais a moment later and stood to face their enemy. The wings flared, the pinions shaking loose the shards that were embedded in their midst. Her namesake apparent, the girl looked less an Angel and more a creature of prey. Something in her had changed. It might not have been very visible, but she could feel it. That knot of sickness turned into the buzz of adrenaline. Her leather gloves creaked as she wriggled her fingers, gold-flecked eyes focused on the beast in front of them, the voice of the other man reaching her ears.

"It's VENOM!"

She smirked.

As Nick Fury did his thing, Claíomh Solais could only think about something else-where had that shadow on the glass come from?

The answer came soon enough, with the girl from earlier protecting her from the rain of glass.

Huh. So they were weird.
"It's VENOM!"
Well, that saves some time.

She drew her sword, all 150 centimeters of finely crafted steel. "That guy's weak to sonic and heat-based attacks. Not sure about any other abilities. Should be easy enough to deal with, provided we watch out for the fangs."

Thomas dived away from the falling glass and pulled his mask back down. He couldn't afford to get cut this early in a fight. He didn't have any energy stored right now.
"Damnit," Thomas muttered, getting up as the glass settled. "well, no time for subtlty."
Letting out a scream he charged at Venom, letting him know he was coming so that he would get struck. Once that happened he could at least get on an even playing field with his enemy. doing so might have been a little reckless, but he couldn't think of any good alternatives until the others joined in.

Venom laughed at the girl who claimed he would be 'easy enough to deal with' with a distorted voice which removed the villain even further from any former humanity. Normally he would have appeared to them as a hulking black monstrosity, but since the Dark Avengers had assembled things were different. Due to a drug given to him by Osborn, Gargan could imitate the appearance the true Spider-Man had while wearing the alien Symbiote costume.

When Thomas charged at him, Venom grabbed the young man and lifted him up off the ground with one hand before quickly throwing him at Solais. The movement was so fluid it allowed for little to no resistance from Thomas. After all, in way he was getting off easy compared to what the seasoned combatant was capable of in battle. But something in the area caused a reaction from his suit, sensing a similar life-form nearby, he turned to face where Trevor was perched up on the wall so seamlessly by nothing but his hands.

"You are-"

Not another word was let out of his mouth before a stream of webbing came at Venom's face as if to shut a mouth that wasn't even visable right now. The serum would have to wear off before the true villain would show his colors. But the Symbiote's suspicions were only solidified when the webbing was fired. After THEY all he KNEW what Parker looked like all too well. Dodging the shot came easily enough, quickly followed by grabbing the strand and yanking Trevor toward him. Perhaps they could absorb this youngling into their own suit and become even stronger than they were now. . .

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Still 'wearing' his street clothes the Teen was yanked from the wall out of sheer surprise. The fact he was fighting one of the most dangerous beings in New York was sinking in quickly. But he fought away the sense of dread, focusing on balance somewhat as his pose changed gracefully mid-air into a kicking stance. Still the youth had not learned, soon finding his ankle grabbed and his trajectory suddenly reversed. Pain shot through his leg as the intensity of such a crushing grip sank into his flesh. Holding onto the ankle, Venom was in the process of slamming him into the ground when a true reversal of fortune occurred.

Agility allowed an amazing save as Trevor's hands shot out to brace against the ground before calling upon the strength of his Symbiote to pull Venom up off the ground. Bending his back slightly backwards his hands had found a passable surface to perform the counter. From the force of his own grip Venom was hurled up off the ground, over Murasaki's body and onto the ground technically behind where the youth would have been slammed. Then to finish their short dance together the Teen kicked up off of his opponent's chest into the air and out of the Elder Symbiote's clutches. Now he had clung to the ceiling this time and looked down upon Venom with a slightly surprised expression.

I can't believe I did that to HIM. . .

But now it appeared Venom was getting angry, and would not even play with the notion of toying with these rookies. He would give them the full, horrifying brunt of his combat expertise. Fury's little group could not be allowed to make it past tonight!

The sound of glass crunching underfoot intruded into the heavy silence that hung in the air between the moments of the young man's rather acrobatic tussle and the Symbiote's rising fury. As the tar black creature growled, the young woman seemed to nearly purr, the corners of her mouth curling up in a smirk. Her predatory gaze was fixated on the creature before her, the woman whose life she had just helped to save was now completely forgotten. The shadowed area beneath her right eye seemed to twitch as there was a faint clatter, a strange object tumbling to the ground next to her foot. An Epi-Pen. No, it wasn't because she was allergic to bees…she was just allergic to dying…and there was no way in hell she was going to die at the hands of this disgusting creature!

The girl's chin tilted upward haughtily as the creature sprang to life. She knew that the adrenaline from the shot would definitely come in handy. No doubt this battle was going to take a lot out of everyone involved. She had heard what this creature was capable of from her guardian, not to mention she had seen what just those infected with their particular 'disease' were capable of.

No doubt the Symbiote was intent on making the boy stuck to the ceiling his new meal…Well, not if she could help it. At least for now. The young man was handsome, at the very least, notwithstanding the slightly creepy feeling she got from him. She had a feeling he could be entertaining later on…

The girl gave a sharp whistle, sharp enough so that it no doubt must have been awfully annoying to the Symbiote, maybe even a twinge painful, like a bee sting. The close quarters made it no better, the sound echoing off the concrete walls and ceiling.

She sprang to action just as the creature dropped down into a crouch, its powerful leg muscles visible beneath the slick black coating that covered it. As the dim light of the subway glinted off its body, she supposed that in its own way…it was sort of beautiful.

…But just not now, when its teeth were snapping mere yards from her throat. That was close enough, she decided. Venom though, wanted her closer. Now.

As IT leapt into the air, his seemed to curl in on himself before his back arched, a flurry of black tendrils arching from his spine and shoulders. The girl moved quickly, her thin limbs almost a blur as she weaved between the lashing tendrils, her movements only making the creature angrier.

Venom reached out with his right arm, claws viciously raking the air as she twisted her body away, dropping into a crouch as his other hand lashed out, fist slamming into the concrete, shattering it easily, sending sharp bits of debris into the air. With a rustle of her wings, the girl was airborne, arcing backward over the creature, bringing her to face Trevor as he remained stuck on the ceiling. She glanced at him briefly, winking before continuing her path, landing behind the creature. As she suspected, he didn't even need to face her to be a threat.

The tendrils lashed out from his spine like sickening parasites, anxious to get a hold on her. Instead of fleeing outright, she leapt off to the left, the mass of tendrils following her. They melded together like taffy, twisting into one large tentacle that slammed into where she had been moments before, chunks of concrete flying into the air. She leapt then, centering herself with the main body of Venom while the large tentacle rebounded from the impact and pursued her, bursting upwards in a fountain of smaller tendrils, each one no less deadly than the other. She seemed to hang in the air as the wave of black ichor closed in behind her. At nearly the last moment her wings flared, catching a gulp of air beneath their delicate forms that gave her a sudden burst forward. She twisted then, putting all of her effort and concentration into one last major effort.

The tendrils slammed into Venom's back and the Symbiote seemed to be stunned for a moment before he leaned back slightly, the tendrils bursting from his chest full force like a hungry maw, ready to swallow the girl up whole. She continued twisting until she seemed to slide through the air on her back, the sharp sound of metal on metal sounding as her wings snapped forward. In a move stolen straight from Warren Worthington III, aka "The Angel of Death," a series of jagged pinions embedded themselves into the swamp of the maw. They glinted brightly, only adding to the horrific sight, becoming jagged metal teeth in the maw.

The wings were gone then as the girl stuck the ground and rolled, landing next to Claíomh Solais, who was now somewhere near Thomas.

"'Scuse me." The girl said somewhat breathlessly as she reached into one of the small packs on her thigh, pulling out a handgun. It wasn't one of a very tough caliber, but it would do the job. She aimed the best she could, her hand trembling from the adrenaline coursing through her body. Luckily, the wider ends of the pinions were jutting out. She squeezed off a shot, missing, before the rest followed suit, doing a little better on reaching their destinations. The shots struck the tips of the metal pinions, some shattering, some not, but that wasn't the point. Each bullet that struck its mark caused a loud ricochet inside the maw, the metal reverberating with the force of the shot.

With her last bullet, a large chunk of the Symbiote ichor burst free as the main body gave a loud shriek of fury, the sheared part of him landing on the ground with a sickening splatter. She hadn't defeated him, not by a long shot, but she had sure knocked a big chunk off him.

What remained of the maw unraveled into thin tendrils that were quickly sucked back to the main body, each tendril itself shivering and twitching with the shriek of pure rage.

"Thank you."

Claíomh Solais had evaded the flying body of Thomas with a single step off to one side. She had seen news reports of Venom fighting Spider-Man on TV, of course, but never before today had she really had the eye to evaluate his fighting style. And the more she saw of it, the more she became convinced that he was far below their level. He was more of a brute rager than a tactical genius, and never bothered with defence when he was attacking.

The teenage girl finished up her assault, leaving Venom mostly defeated. Well, she wasn't usually one to resort to violence, but if the goop got back on the guy he'd be just as much of a threat, and by now had been sentenced to life in prison at least seven times. This was why she didn't much hesitate to stab him through the chest while the symbiote was collecting itself. She went a little to her right of the center, and turned her sword horizontally so that it slid in between the ribs and out the other side. She didn't stick around much to see how it reacted, quickly pulling her sword out and taking a few steps backwards in case it pulled out some other trick.

In his movement to the ceiling, Murasaki's hood had fallen back over his face to hide it once again in slight shadow. When Angel whistled a slight jerk in his jaw muscle happened as her actions aggravated the Symbiote attached to him. The pain felt similar to when a smoke alarm went off nearby but faded. All concentration went into telling his Symbiote to not let the realism of his 'street clothes' falter. Not during a battle when the enemy was technically the same as him with their differences possibly counting only as minor details.

But when the Shi-Ar girl came oh so close to his face and winked in the way she did. . . he thanked the lord that his face was likely hidden. How embarrassing to blush in the middle of a life or death battle! Thoughts common to teenage boys quickly flitted through his mind without a conscious effort to have them. Angel was rather attractive after all. While this went on the Symbiote ignored the Host's thoughts as it watched Venom in action with such an experienced usage of those tendrils as it tried to take down Angel. After it felt it had seen enough, the Symbiote snapped him out of the daydream by yelling into his mind.

It wanted Trevor to get back into the fight!

Trevor had not full thought out the creativity of those in the group or how they might also try to take advantage of the Symbiote's known weaknesses. For that reason among others when the sonic waves from the bullets hitting those metal pinions occurred it came as a rather painful surprise. Much more than what the whistle had caused him to bear. Out of the pain both he and the Symbiote felt, they dropped down from the ceiling to cease having to keep that up while trying to make it look natural. Landing on his only somewhat injured leg, Trevor took advantage of the chance to yell out in pain freely as some part of his mind said they wouldn't be suspicious of that injury.

Everyone had seen how hard Venom grabbed his leg.

Mentally the Symbiote grit its teeth in order to try fulfilling Murasaki's request to not give away the illusion of what his clothes truly were. Every second was used to get further away from the noise while the others hopefully saw it as him getting ready to attack or simply keep himself from becoming a hostage. Only God could be thanked in the Host's mind that he had not been closer to the source for the entire attack and only part of it instead. Leaning on a nearby wall, he looked up just in time to watch Solais stab Venom through the chest.

If they plan to keep using his weaknesses against him I've got to keep my distance

Venom roared in a combination of pain and rage at the combined assault of Angel and Solais. An improvised sonic attack and a chest wound were indeed effective against him. But they had survived far worse in previous fights. Did these rookies understand THEM at all? A regenerative healing factor had started to kick the second that sword had been removed. Also, while the sonics had been extremely close range they failed to remain prolonged which allowed Venom to recover much easier. On top of it all was the fact that the host was not Eddie Brock, but Mac Gargan who already possessed superhuman abilities before ever bonding with the Symbiote.

With inhuman speed webbing shot out of the white patch on Venom's hand and spread as though the Symbiote control it much in the same way as the tendrils. It hit the blade of Solais' sword and quickly covered it rather than being severed. Now her weapon would be rather useless beyond just a blunt object. But that was when the true devious nature of his offense became clear as a puddle of tendrils which had silently crept flat along the dark floor suddenly exploded upward right under the feet of Solais. Lashing out with the viciousness of a monster they attempted to attack her without mercy. Given enough time they might even try to consume her entirely. . .

Until a web-line not belonging to Venom hit squarely on her abdomen followed by a swift pull that yanked her clear out of the trap.