TESTING °˖✧ Mars' Cosmic Coding Corral ✧˖°

Mars Walker

Not all who wander are lost, but I sure am.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
Available as all hell, but intensely paralyzed by ADHD
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
High Fantasy, Modern/Urban Fantasy, Sci-fi, Historical
(insert spooky Howdy here)

I see y'all've taken a wrong turn and ended up here in my funky little corral! You can browse, of course, but don't steal! If you see somethin' you like, give me a holler! Notifications give me serotonin and I'm disgustingly bored, so I promise I'll answer sickeningly fast. But I'll give y'all a fair warning and be honest- my codes are almost always broke as hell and I only sometimes understand what I did to make it work.

Happy Hauntings!

Love, Mars

TEMPLATES

> CS Template

CHARACTERS

HELPFUL THINGS

> Color Picker
> Google Fonts
> Rissa's BBCode Help
> Divtionary
> Ardent's Coding Guide
> Coolors
> Iwaku BBCode List

Last edited:

N A M E || Mary Louise Sin
A G E || 70
B I R T H D A T E || 12/21
S I G N || Saggitarius

N I C K N A M ES //T I T L E S || Sin // The Black Moon Witch
G E N D E R || Female
R A C E || Human?

A P P E A R A N C E
Mary Sin, though large in presence, is actually very small in stature standing at a whopping 5'2. She's slim, but toned, and tattoos cover her skin almost from head to toe. Sin's hair is kept long- it nearly sweeps the ground with its length, and it is a rich shade of black. Her facial features are soft, and her eyes are an ominously calm purple. Her fingertips are black, tainted by the potent dark forces that she plays with, and the taint is very slowly growing.
P E R S O N A L I T Y
By nature, Mary Sin is a wild child with a rebel soul. She likes to live life on the edge, and isn't happy at all if her freedom is hindered. She's considered to be a very abrasive woman with the sharpest of tongues. She is a rebel through and through, not fitting in with traditional witchcraft of any kind and truth be told she absolutely loathes tradition, and does her best to live life outside of it. Sin prefers to dance to the beat of her own drum, and she genuinely finds it exciting and quite fun to pull on strings and push buttons to give people hell, and that only part of what makes people fear her. She is well known for her extensive knowledge of the Dark Arts, as well as other magics, as she has dabbled in a bit of everything.
H I S T O R Y
Sin is a pure-blood witch with a long history, and her story begins with being adopted by an aggressively catholic family. As a young girl, Sin had already begun to display an affinity for darker things. She researched magic on her own time, and she was almost always discovered and punished for it by her strict God-fearing parents. No matter how many beatings or time-outs she received, the pull of the Dark Lord was too much for her to ignore. Her hunger for power, and her curiosity about the things that lay beyond the veil of normal human's thoughts drove her into Satan's embrace, and she left her adoptive parents' home- but not until after setting fire to it as payback for all the beatings. Once she left, she joined a local coven, adopted the name 'Mary Sin', and signed her name to the Book of the Beast.
Sin very quickly realized that the traditions and rituals of coven life were much too strict for her, and she preferred to wear a loose noose, so to speak. Sin often opted out of Coven events and holidays, finding them incredibly over-the-top and wastes of time. She practiced magic on her own, specifically dabbling in some of the darkest of dark arts, and the Coven took quick notice of her lone-wolf tendencies. She became an outcast in her own coven, and when she tried to show off some of her discoveries, her Coven declared her crazy, claiming that the Dark Lord would never bestow such knowledge upon such a young witch.
Sin barely managed to escape her coven at the age of 18, and she moved from her small hometown, ending up in Savannah, Georgia. The town had a strong sense of otherworldly magic to it, and it was here that her mind was truly opened to the endlessly possibilities of magic.
Mary Louise Sin is currently 70 years old, ageless, and still resides in Savannah. She has become known as one of the fiercest forces of Lucifer's followers, and has taken on a handful of apprentices, few of them following through with her rigorous training methods. Currently she has taken on the task of mentoring the young and promising witch Misery, whom she often learns from as well.
M A G I C // A B I L I T I E S
As a witch, Mary Sin can do all the basics of magic. She has a dangerously strong affinity for Black Magic, and because of her ties to the Dark Lord, she has attained the ability of near-immortality. One of Sin's favorite things to do is communicate with the dead, and through years of practice and such a strong affinity for the Dark Arts and a special herb, she finds it very easy to slip through the veil of life and death.
Sin has quite a long list of abilities, but one of her most notable tricks is her possession of Hellfire,and the ability to control the shadows. She also has a knack for summoning demons.
The spell Mary Sin is most known for, and the very spell that earned her the title Black Moon Witch, is the spell in which she cast a pitch black shadow over the moon. No one really knows why she did it, as it is something she has never spoken of, though she very proudly admits to having been the one that caused what is called the Darkest Night.
E X T R A
- Most of Sin's tattoos are sigils, spells, and symbols of protection against various kinds of hexes.
- Sin's fingertips are black from overuse of black magic. Every time she uses it, the blackness spreads a little bit.
- Sin smokes a specially grown herb that helps heighten her sense of magical things...It also makes it a little easier for her to slip through the veil of Life and Death.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rissa
Under Construction

Last edited:
  • Love

⬩ ⬩ ⬩

|| Human | Female | Psychic | In The Closet | Unemployed ||
Blue Moon

|| Height⬩5'3 ½ | Weight⬩130lbs. | Eyes⬩Ocean Blue | Hair⬩Black | Glamour⬩None ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩

Blue is a petite 23-year-old girl, towering over no one at 5 feet and 3 ½ inches, and despite her height and sweet appearance, she holds an energy-shifting presence.
Freckles are lightly dappled across Blue's cheeks and the bridge of her nose, and there are a few on her back and shoulders as well. Her skin is fair, and it contrasts nicely with her dark hair and deep blue eyes.
Blue isn't particularly curvy on account of being on the petite side, but she does have some muscles, built up for the purpose of being able to dropkick a bitch when she needs to.
Blue has two tattoos; One of a crescent moon on her left hand's ring finger, and one of a decorated, geometric snake on her left forearm, both done in black ink.
On her right thigh, Blue's skin is marred by a nasty scar, a reminder of the time she got into a fistfight with a werewolf. Other scars decorate her body here and there- but none of them are quite so memorable as the one on her thigh.
As for clothing, Blue almost always follows a gothic line of fashion taste.

|| Personality ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
Blue is a lot of things. Sarcastic? For sure. Quick-witted? Hell yes. Gentle-natured? Sometimes.
Overall, Blue is someone with good intentions, but sometimes it just comes out wrong. Such is the side-effect of relying on sarcasm to get her points across. The copious amounts of sacrasm Blue uses tends to make it hard to understand wether or not she's being totally serious about something. She often sports an indifferent and mischievous gaze that doesn't help you determined much about her either.
Blue is no open book, she carefully picks and chooses what she wants people to read, and this makes her come off as a bit shady. Not that she isn't a shady character. She's definitely done some things — and is totally willing to do some things — that make her an odd cookie.
She also happens to be hideously loyal to anyone who she gets close enough with, to the point that if you murdered someone, she'd definitely help you hide the body.

|| History ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
With a gift as unique as Blue's, it's only natural that her 'normie' parents didn't know what to make of their young daughter constantly talking about the clear-as-day voices she could hear, and the objects she could move without lifting a single finger.
She was raised by deeply religious parents to believe that her abilities were unnatural and demonic, and this caused her to deeply fear her abilities. In an effort to suppress Blue's quirks, her parents put her through psychologist after psychologist to get her just the right medications. Once she got the medications she thought she needed, it was smooth sailing. Everything her parents had labelled as satanic or unnatural seemed to fade away, with just a few prescription pills.
Life was blandly normal for Blue until she entered high school and met a girl by the name of Mavis, who claimed to be just as gifted as her. Mavis proved herself to be a telepath like Blue, and managed to convince Blue to go off her meds or risk becoming just another normie. The moment Blue went off her meds, she spiraled out of her parents control, instead falling under Mavis' line of command. Blue didn't know it, and maybe she was in deep denial, but she was definitely gay for Mavis. She followed the girl to every late-night alcohol and drug-laden party, only barely staying out of trouble with the law. Blue used a lot of things to help cope with her abilities, and generally tended to hang out with the wrong crowds whens he was with Mavis.
After their senior year of high school, Blue skipped town with Mavis, only leaving her parents a note. She only took one suitcase of clothes for the road, and a few other personal belongings.
Much to Blue's disappointment, it seemed as if her parents didn't care for her sudden disappearance, because they never tried to contact her after she'd left.
After about a year on the road together and using their abilities to make a buck or two on the streets, Blue's infatuation with Mavis declined, and one morning after a hard party, Blue woke up to find Mavis gone. Mavis' car and personal belongings were gone, and the only thing Mavis left her was a note that read 'Sorry, Blue. Got bored. Don't look for me.'
A little heartbroken, but finally away from Mavis' bad influence, Blue slowly got out of her bad habits and got clean. Once she'd gotten sober, she didn't bother going back home to her parents, she simply picked up and kept going at life on her own, living a cleaner life.
It's been about 4 years since Mavis split from her, but she doesn't look back. Instead, she uses that dark time of her life to remind herself not to go down that path again.
She's still rough around the edges, and tends to get into fistfights with creatures of the night from time to time, but she stays true to herself, and will let no one take advantage of her.

|| Strengths ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
+When in physical combat, Blue is hard to predict. She is fast on her feet, and moves quick as a hummingbird.
+Blue is extremely resourceful, a skill she has built upon over years of living on her own without help or friends.
+Even in the face of death, Blue will almost never stay down. You can always count on her to get back up.

|| Weaknesses ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
+Blue often relies on sarcasm, to a fault. It's real hard to tell when she's being serious.
+Blue has an old wound on her right thigh- some gnarly, scarred over claw marks. When she gets anxious, the old wound starts to hurt, and sometimes it can be quite debilitating.
+After all the drug use, Blue's abilities were almost non-existant. Since she's quit drugs, she's gained her Telekinesis back fully, but her Telepathy is very limited. She can currently read up to just a sentence of thought, and can mostly read emotions, this ability needs more time to recover.

|| Skills ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
+ Street Smart - Blue knows the ropes on the streets, and she knows how to handle a lot of situations on the fly.
+ Determined - Once Blue is set on something, she doesn't easily give up. She can always get back up and jump into action.
+ Bold - Blue is not afraid to be true to herself and what she believes in.
+ Level-headed - At one point in her life, Blue was anything but stable. Thankfully, she's grown up a bit, and knows how to keep herself in check.
+ Quick Wit - Blue can come up with a response on the fly quicker than a fly takes to shit. She's always ready to get herself out of hairy situations.

|| Powers ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
Psychokinesis - Blue can manipulate/lift/move/throw objects at will. This ability can be affected by strong emotions, but she generally has a good grip on it. She can affect all objects with in a 30 foot radius of herself.
Telepathy - Blue can read the thoughts of just about anyone. Occasionally she will come by someone who's mental strength is just too strong to get past. Currently, this ability is recovering after the heavy drugs. (See Weaknesses)

|| Random Facts ||
⬩ ⬩ ⬩
+She smokes only when she's extremely anxious.
+Blue loves the smell of incense, and she always smells like it.
+Blue is a good singer, and has a knack for playing the piano as well. She generally has a good ear for music.
+Hates doctors, and she relies mostly on home remedies of her own concoction.
+Because of the drugs she took, her ability to sense spirits has waned a bit, but her psychokinesis is intact.

⬩ ⬩ ⬩

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Mono Display
AbelFONT 3
P A R A G O N

Stats
Physical Strength ■■■■■■■■■■
Weapon/Ability Power ■■■■■■■■■■
Attack Speed ■■■■■■■■■■
Movement Speed ■■■■■■■■■■
Precision ■■■■■■■■■■
Defense ■■■■■■■■■■

Abilities & Weapons
•Osla's legs have a lot of power in them, and they grant her inhuman speed when running, as well as quite a bit of extra strength. She can run faster, jump higher, and kick harder than most folks, and already being limber and well-versed in the way of martial arts, these bionic legs make her a woman you don't want to be in trouble with.
The legs are made mostly out of carbon fiber to keep them lightweight and movable, but still have them remain extremely strong and be able to endure the horrors of battle.

• Osla carries a battlestaff with a taster on each end, used for delivering deadly shocks to her opponents, as well as physical damage. The tasers are activated by pressing a small switch just above where one holds it at the staff's center. Her staff is a fundamental part of her fighting style, but by no means does she rely on it entirely.

Summary
Osla is the only member of her family that has become a hero. She trained for several years during the war, and towards the bitter end of it, she finally entered the fray as a full-fledged soldier. With hard work, a quick stack of kills, not a single loss, and a distinct fighting style, she made a name for herself, gaining only a small following. Her name became more well known when, on the battlefield, Osla lost her legs after they were crushed under a slab of rock manipulated by a Eurasian soldier. After losing her legs, Osla had a tough time recuperating and getting back on her feet, quite literally. But being the stubborn woman she is, Osla refused to give up, and quickly pulled herself together, and has learned how to work her new carbon fiber legs to their full extent. Her determination to succeed, and her sheer willpower has proven to people that she is a soldier worth watching.
While she continues her job as an Oceanian Soldier with her head held high, Osla also occasionally engages in training sessions with someone she would never admit to admiring.

Personality
It's easy to say that Osla is one of the hardest people in Oceania to understand and get to know. But, like an onion, Osla has layers. A part of her, a very deep down part of her knows and understands that Oceania isn't the ideal society, but she fights under its flag anyways, secretly holding her thoughts against Oceania within. Osla stands for picking oneself up and going until the last breath, no matter how excruciating. She possesses a wild and sometimes dangerous determination, but also has the ability to be calm and think about things logically in some situations. Osla has a versatile, adaptable personality, and it is nearly impossible to break her will. Her determination, attention to detail, and her adaptability are what make her so valuable - because you won't find anyone else as dedicated as Osla is.

Appearance
Osla is an exceptionally small person, standing at five feet and zero inches, though one shouldn't underestimate this woman based on her small stature by any means. She is fit and impressively limber, her body trained for hand-to-hand combat. Osla has light olive-toned skin that is gently dappled with freckles, and a few scars reside on her skin as well, the most notable one is a long incision on her back that follows the line of her spine. Her natural hair color is a soft mousy brown but is currently styled with a brown to white ombre effect, and her eyes are a bright emerald color, vibrant with life and determination.

Other Info
Superhero Name: Paragon
Birth Name: Osla Lazuli
Nicknames: Oz, Shrimp
  • Oz - Oz is simply just a shortened version of her given name, her family/friends tend to call her this.

Shrimp - This is something people with a death-wish call Osla. She despises this nickname because it very obviously refers to her...below average stature.
Height: 5'0
Allegiance (pre-war): Oceania
BURY A FRIEND (Billie Eilish)​

Last edited:

JOLENE MOON

Millenium City, NY

Hesperia Gypsum
Moon Fairy

"I was born to dance under the light of the Moon. To be one with the night, and use the gifts She has bestowed unto me. I strive to be as unearthly as She, inspiring even when She is not full."

Date Of Birth // The 21st Day of the 6th Month.
Nickname(s) // Starlight, Hessie, Hess
Titles/Occupation // N/A

Physical Attributes // Hesperia is of average height, and walks with her eyes on the horizon. She never looks over her shoulder. Her hair is white like starlight, and her sage green eyes glimmer with curiosity. When using her fairy abilities, they gain a shimmering opalescent glow. Her skin is pale, and her cheeks have a healthy rosy hue to them.

Personality // Hesperia has always danced to a different beat, compared to most. She is infinitely curious with an insatiable hunger for knowledge. Hesperia is a fairy of many colorful emotions, she just happens to have a good amount of control over her expression. She loves to have fun in any way possible, and fully appreciates the little things.

Description // Hesperia Gypsum is a Moon Fairy with a great ability to devote herself wholly to whatever passion burns within her at the moment. Knowledge is her dream, and the pursuit of it fills her with strong emotions she often finds herself lacking words to describe. Because of her near-lustful craving for knowledge, of anything and everything at the same time, Hesperia tends to keep herself untethered from things and people, though not because she dislikes them. Settling in at the College has been a bit of a struggle for her, given her craving. It is the first time in years she has stayed in one place, and she has only come to the college to better herself in the art of fairy magic at the stern but loving behest of her grandmother.

[/div

Last edited:

Eve Sorenson​

Aliases: (Superhero, criminal moniker, vigilante tag, etc.)
Age // 24
Sex // female
Date of Birth // 00-00-0000

name age power/descrip glow color appearance basic persona/traits and brief bio and prolly motives/villainy/ connection to the drug

Eve Sorenson

Age || 25
Sex || Female
Date of Birth || 09-03-????

Appearance || LOREM
Personality || Eve's status is often complicated. She knows what she wants, but is often unsure if the way she took to get it was the right one. She physically feels how fleeting life is, and always finds herself wishing it would all come to a halt so that she can catch a breath. Eve is rarely a giving person, normally thinking only for and about herself as a matter of survival. One can trust Eve to get a job done in a timely manner, but she'll go about doing it her own way, and despite this fact, people also acknowledge that Eve is hard to pin down, and most folks who need Eve around often get ahold of her by way of other people who know her.

Bio || LOREM
Motives/Connection || LOREM

Power || Smoke Manipulation
Eve is able to generate, shape, and control smoke. She can also manipulate the temperature of her smoke. (In the future, and with practice, Eve may be able to solidify the consistency of her smoke for more physically disabling attacks.)

Glow Color || LOREM

Last edited:

⚘ SIFFIR OF TWICKET ⚘

AGE || 23
RACE || Wildling, Arcanist
SCHOOL || Hydra

PERSONALITY || Siffir sees the joy in life, and lives with few regrets. She's very loud, very proud, and often known for getting into heaps of trouble with and without her soul-sister Mel. Sif enjoys competition of any kind, drink and food, and making bad jokes. A hallmark of Sif's personality is her general lack of self control. But if anyone knows Siffir truly, it is Mel. Only Mel has seen the gentler, quieter side she so rarely displays. Sif takes things to heart, and can sometimes be found mulling over things quite seriously. Despite her flaws and vices, most know Siffir of Twicket to be a kind soul with a heart of gold, and a young woman with huge potential.

ABILITIES || As an Arcanist, all of Siffir's senses are steeply enhanced. Her speed, strength, smell, sight, hearing, and touch are inhumanly heightened. Arcanists have the ability to preform low-level magic spells, but as a Wildling, Siffir's magic is much stronger, and more lethal, giving her an edge in battle over opponents, as well as other Arcanists. Wildlings have a deeper sense of magical energy as well, and can sense other Wildlings if they're nearby.

BIO || Siffir was born in Twicket, a small peasant village too small for most people to give it a single thought. The population is enormously lacking, but for some reason, the little village continues to exist. Siffir was a miracle-- at least she was for her parents, considering her mother was barren-- but to those outside the family, Siffir was often more trouble than she was worth. She was wild and nosy, always wanting to know how everything worked, how and why. More often than not, however, one could find Siffir out in the woods doing god knows what.
Siffir's existence is actually owed to the fact that her mother went out into the woods one evening, and preformed a ritual. She prayed to the Old Gods for a baby, and the Wild One answered her call. Children conceived under the blessing of the Wild One are extremely rare, and not much is known about them or their potential. They're a legendary sort, and many folks haven ever heard of Wildlings at all. But it is known that Wildlings have a strong energy, and a sturdy life force, which often draws monsters and other supernatural beings to them, be it with hunger or just curiosity.
Unfortunately for Siffir, a demon caught her scent because of this , and Twicket was attacked. She had only just turned five years old, and her parents did their best by hiding Sif in a wooden armoire. She could see through the crack in the armoire doors as the thatch roof of her small home was ripped off, and the large demon reached in and grabbed her parents, eating them whole. Just as the demon looked to the armoire, a man in black slew it in one sweep of a silver shortsword. With heightened sense the man could her Siffir shuffling inside the armoire, and he pulled her out. He knew immediately, just based on her smell, that she wasn't quite normal. With nearly all of twicket destroyed or devoured, she had nowhere to go, no home left to live in. The man took her in for a short period of time, and during this time, she was told about Arcanists; Men and Women of an otherworldly nature who are trained and made into monster-killing machines. The man took her to the Arcanist's School of the Hydra, where she has lived and trained and been made into an Arcanist, heightened by her natural Wildling Gifts.

Last edited:
  • Love

A SHORT HISTORY ON TWICKET

Only reachable by one road that treks through the eerie darkness of the northern Whiskwood forest, this tiny village was settled in the year 652 by infamous adventurer, Caeliber Twicket.
Caeliber had intended Twicket to become a bastion of humanity that would grow to tame the Whiskwood— but no such thing happened. Caeliber assembled a large crew of 25 warriors, rangers, mages, builders, foragers, and a doctor, all who were more than qualified to embark on the brave expedition. Unfortunately, nearly half of the group perished during the two years it took just to carve a road through the forest to the place of settlement, leaving them with only 13.
To keep out unwanted creatures and unhinged forest spirits, the mages created Wardstones, placing them along the road to Twicket, and around the entire clearing they planned to build in.

Caeliber lived in and attempted to expand Twicket further into the Whiskwood for thirty years until his death at the gnarled hands of the Wild One for these attempts. Slowly, but surely, all plans to claim more of the Whiskwood for Twicket's benefit were halted, as too many lives were being claimed by the ancient forest.

Over the course of a bit more than two centuries, Twicket became a very poor village so encompassed by gnarled vines and trees, that they're nearly closed off to the rest of the world. The only thing that held the forest back were the Wardstones that still stand around the village and the road leading to it, serving as a magical barrier keeping the forest from consuming them entirely. There was, however a small group of people there in Twicket, however, who began to worship the Wild One, a god of the Whiskwood who most villagers dubbed an Afterdark god, one of the ones you aren't supposed to pray to for the sole reason that your wishes will be granted in dangerous and roundabout ways that will only benefit Him.

Eighteen years ago, Twicket was destroyed, and the entire population devoured or slaughtered. A Wildling had been born to a couple five years before, conceived from a prayer to the Wild One, such children being like beacons to the spirits and demons dwelling in the Whiskwood. The incident was truly bad timing, as a Wardstone had cracked and deactivated, leaving an opening in the barrier that had stood to protect the village for so long. A demon entered, eating gluttonously and wildly, the people of Twicket like a rich man's buffet to the entity. An Arcanist reported having retrieved the Wildling, and no one else.

Twicket presently stands as a ghost town, half of it a charred pile of crushed homes, stained by blood and death, or broken into by vines and trees and wild creatures, the skeletons of those who'd once lived there scattered unceremoniously upon the ground. Twicket has been reclaimed by the Whiskwood, but some who live down at the edge of the forest report hearing the Wild One call into the night for his lost Wildling.

Last edited:

WHISKWOOD, THE CRADLE OF NIGHTMARES​

Located in the mid-northern part of the Western Continent sprawls the Whiskwood, always creeping and moving, slowly but surely expanding its territory if not fought back and kept at bay. Whiskwood is called the Cradle of Nightmares for two reasons with the same wording— It is where Nightmares are born. There are Nightmares and nightmares, the former being a type of unicorn possessing horrifying features, and the latter being the opposite of a dream.

Many creatures of all kinds call the Whiskwood home, some good, but most are permanently twisted by the magic that permeates the area. Whiskwood has always been part of the earth, steeped in the Wild One's raw, untainted magic. It has been the birthplace of heroes, of good and evil, of Wildlings, and of Gods. It is a place that cannot be tamed or shaped by mortals, no matter how hard humanity has tried. By both history and legend, the Whiskwood claims to have been created by the Wild One Himself, a playground for all of His children to roam freely…should they be able to survive it.

Only one settlement managed to persist for 240 years before falling— Twicket. Though they didn't know it well, and despite their efforts to keep Whiskwood out of their settlement, the people that lived and procreated there in the village were slightly different than most humans, touched by the enhanced magic that sprouted into the very food they grew, the air they breathed.

The Whiskwood Forest, grand and eternal, brimming with life and death and everything in between, is like hallowed ground. It is ancient as the earth itself, and it is feared by many, revered by some, and known by all.

Last edited:

Mair Mercer

Nickname: Soot
Date of Birth: November 2

Physical Description: Soot is five feet and ten inches tall, with a shock of platinum hair and eyes so dark in color that they're nearly black. Her skin tone is warm, but light in color, her tall frame leaning on the lanky side, but built well enough that there is some muscle, and plenty of hidden endurance. She often looks somber, with shadows under her eyes and a usually unreadable expression. She tends to wear black clothes just to save herself from having to clean out the soot stains that she gets on everything.
In the middle of her back and centered on her spine, there is a scar from another metahuman's lightning striking her. On her left shoulder there's a crescent-shaped scar, the trademark brand of an SPME captive. There's an odd-looking and jagged scar on the inside of her right forearm, lasting the length of it.

Glow color: light violet

Category: Crowd Control
Power: Sandman's Smoke
Power Description: With Sandman's Smoke, Mair has the ability to generate small to copious amounts of thick black smoke from her body. Wherever it comes from, her hands, nose, mouth, etc, it starts as a bright violet flame, and from the small bed of flames, black smoke can extend to a maximum radius of 80 feet around herself. The smoke, once inhaled, puts the target(s) to sleep. The amount of time a target is left asleep depends on how much smoke has been taken in, and if too much is inhaled, death is a very possible side-effect. She can generally control how much smoke someone inhales to prevent this, but some situations make it a bit difficult to monitor.
Mair cannot be put to sleep by her own smoke.

Personality: Mair Mercer's heart was once full to the brim with kindness, and always ready to give and receive happiness, and a part of that Mair still lives inside of her, but after benign kidnapped by SPME, she drastically changed, having to learn how to survive and please the people running the facility, and how to maintain sanity under highly stressful situations of varying kinds and degrees. She became cold and calculating, solely focused on staying alive and working on her ability.
Under Macintosh's jurisdiction, she's had a moment of peace. When she first entered the Coalition, she was practically feral, lashing out and unwilling to be touched while awake. But after a year, she's been able to find things she likes to do in her spare time, and mostly likes to keep to herself. She speaks more, and it's been discovered that she most definitely holds grudges, and her shit list is one you don't want to be on.
On occasion, she has been known to speak casually, and it's common knowledge that she is working on being somewhat nicer. But she likes to be in charge, a new instinct having arisen now that she's discovered she has some autonomy as a person.

Brief Pre-History: Before Macintosh, Mair Mercer was owned by SPME. Before SPME got their hands on her, she was the child of two people she never really got to know, and whose faces are mere blurs in her memory.

Mair displayed her abilities starting at a very young age, and it took her a couple of years to figure out how to contain it within, so that she wasn't putting people to sleep by accident. Little did she know that she was being watched from afar by SPME for years. When she was about eleven years old, and walking home from school, she was stolen right off the street, a single block away from her home, and immediately neutralized before she could let any of her smoke out to save herself. Mair awoke to find herself in an SPME facility, and over the course of many very long years, she was subjected to tests and various kinds of trials. It was through SPME experiments that she honed her ability, pushing it far past the limits she'd originally set for herself as a child, and refining it into the deadly weapon it is today.
At fourteen years old, she made an escape attempt, and she almost got into the hallway outside of her cellblock, but was quickly captured and punished for it. The punishment for her escape attempt was severe, another captive was forced to wound her, and their electrokinetic abilities left her with an odd pink scar whose origin point is at the center of her back, and spiders outwards, reaching up halfway across her shoulder blades, and down to her lower back. Miraculously, the SPME crescent-scar was left unmarred.

Mair never tried to escape again. But she did make a very close friend, the only thing in the world that served her as a tether to sanity. Deja Page was a dream-walker, able to enter someone's dream and make things happen there that weren't the cause of the target's subconscious. They almost immediately stuck together like glue, feeling as if their powers could work beautifully together…if they had been on the outside.
Mair and Deja grew up together in SPME captivity, and got each other through many hard days, which was generally all of them. Deja sometimes spoke about escaping, and Mair was quick to shut that line of thought down, knowing exactly what the punishment could be, or worse. But Deja made plans to escape anyway, without Mair. She almost made it, too, but was inevitably caught and brought back.

Deja's punishment? Death. The worst part about it? Mair would have to do it.

Mair never asked why she was made to do it, but she's always felt like it was because they knew they'd been friends. They'd tried to keep it on the down-low, but nothing ever really escaped supervision. Mair wasn't able to go through with using her ability to kill Deja until her friend gave her the go ahead with a simple, but very exhausted, defeated nod.

Only three years later, Mair escaped.

Or rather, was re-kidnapped.

Macintosh honed in on Mair's ability, and managed to swipe her from the facility she was at. Used to having no other choice, and desperate for any life other than the one she'd been living under SPME, she went with him. She's lived at the Alaska facility for just a little over a year now, and has had some time to work on herself and re-acquaint herself with her ability on her own terms, though she's not really ever come to fully trust Macintosh or his incentives or whatever the fuck makes him tick, but she respects the Coalition enough to not try and kill anyone. She also has nowhere else to go, no other choice, and has mostly made her peace with that.

IN THE BEGINNING

There was everything, and there was nothing. Everything that ever was and would be had not yet been, but it was imagined and then crafted within the Seraph's curious hands.

i'm makin something special

Last edited:
  • This Gives Me Plot Bunnies

Last edited:
Stargazer-001 / Amalthea Plexa
Commander/Pilot | Cyborg Enhancements | 184t

To Detective Evan Wyrwood
Crossroads, Texas

There is unusual activity in this small town. Should you continue your transfer into this branch of the Crossroads Police Department, It is imperative that you understand and accept that all of those legends and ghost stories you've been told or heard whispers of are very, very real. This is no joke. Werewolves? Handled a whole pack of them just north of Crossroads last year. Witches? There's a whole coven here. Ghosts? Demons? Cryptids? Very common occurrences. The Fae? You better learn to respect them. Brush up on your latin, detective, because you'll need to be fairly fluent in it.
Here in the Supernatural Investigations Department, we are the only ones standing between folks and the forces that seek to harm them through nefarious occult ways.

Buckle up, Detective, and welcome to the S.I.D.!

— Your Superior, Margo Warren

A story written by rissa + Mars Walker

Last edited:
  • Love

Margo Warren

BIOGRAPHY
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc at sodales elit, non tempor metus. Donec convallis enim pellentesque finibus lobortis. Proin pellentesque lorem at ligula mollis, vitae auctor nunc hendrerit. Aliquam eget ex libero. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Morbi in maximus tellus. Maecenas volutpat scelerisque nunc vitae aliquam. Proin est mauris, gravida et congue cursus, aliquet a arcu. Etiam sed sollicitudin nulla, id scelerisque justo. Donec sed mi id nibh congue bibendum. Pellentesque egestas felis vitae ipsum venenatis consequat. Donec feugiat odio eu metus malesuada, at posuere nunc suscipit. Nullam est nisi, fermentum vel maximus vitae, porta at purus. Proin mollis, velit vitae ornare laoreet, neque lectus finibus nibh, eu aliquet elit velit ut odio.
PERSONALITY
Sed condimentum nibh dui, pretium dapibus velit hendrerit nec. Curabitur non maximus felis, in congue urna. Cras quis lacus nec orci porta vulputate quis vehicula nisi. Sed sapien mi, iaculis sed elementum at, scelerisque quis elit. Curabitur quam neque, varius pulvinar risus vitae, laoreet convallis est. Ut gravida felis eu sem facilisis, id ornare tellus congue. Sed et sem maximus, fermentum diam bibendum, placerat mi. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Cras vulputate orci a pretium mollis. Aenean pharetra id leo eu porttitor. Fusce nec dictum nisi.
LOREM
Sed condimentum nibh dui, pretium dapibus velit hendrerit nec. Curabitur non maximus felis, in congue urna. Cras quis lacus nec orci porta vulputate quis vehicula nisi. Sed sapien mi, iaculis sed elementum at, scelerisque quis elit. Curabitur quam neque, varius pulvinar risus vitae, laoreet convallis est. Ut gravida felis eu sem facilisis, id ornare tellus congue. Sed et sem maximus, fermentum diam bibendum, placerat mi. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Cras vulputate orci a pretium mollis. Aenean pharetra id leo eu porttitor. Fusce nec dictum nisi.

Last edited:

Moon Silverlight
"Little Moon"​

Appearance: Moon is a tall, slender half-fae woman— She stands at five feet and eleven inches tall, and has some curve to her body, though not much. She tans easily, has some freckles and beauty marks here and there, and has a gaze that seems to peer right into your very existence. Her ears are pointed, longer than a human's, but not nearly as long as a full-blooded fae. Moon's eyes are a bright, but soft silver, the same shade of silver as the color of moonlit clouds. Her hair is long, falling in breezy dark green waves down to the length of her lower back. Some in Roselake may be stunned by her appearance, only for the fact that she's the spitting image of her Granny, the only difference being in the shape of her ears.

Personality: Moon Silverlight, known to some as Little Moon, is a soul with depth and kindness. She loves to love, and seeks to nurture what needs a gentle touch. But she's not afraid to hate, either, and she's willing to put her foot down in defense of herself and others. She may be a kind woman, but her kindness is not to be taken advantage of.

Moon tends to be a quiet person, but only because she is using her fae-born gift to Listen to what she calls the Heartbeat of the world and people around her. She's very good at sensing people's intentions because of this ability, and isn't shy about telling people when she knows they're lying.

Background: Moon was born to two very talented parents- her father a classical musician, her mother a somewhat famous actress. Moon, however, was born with talents of a different kind. She has always been able to hear the life force of the world, and of people. She can hear their heartbeats and feel their energy, but unlike her Granny Moon, rest her soul, she doesn't know how to fix them if they're broken or discombobulated somehow.

To Moon, the city has always been painfully noisy, and she's struggled her whole life to find a place to fit into it. She's made friends, sure, but she just hadn't ever been sure what she wanted to do with her life, and so she's gone from gig to gig, trying to find something that she fit into...but nothing seemed to work. Nothing clicked. The only place she felt happy and balanced was in the garden at home, or on a beach, anywhere that was free from the noise of the city that clouded her Listening. She found herself spending her days in places like that, just Listening quietly.

When the letter came, the very world itself seemed to guide Moon into jumping at the chance after she read it, and within about a week, she'd up and moved herself to Roselake. She's only been in Roselake for about three weeks now, and she loves it, despite her mother's subtle distaste.

Last edited:
  • Love

L'appel du nuit. The Call of the Night. It had always whispered into Euphemie's ears, even when she had been human. She was different, always had been. It wasn't a physical difference, no, but rather something in her presence. When one would look upon Euphemie, her youthful beauty was apparent, but something less obvious lurked beneath her skin. Something living in her, aching to be released.

And when the Change happened, The Call became deafening.

Birthdate ✦ September 13, 1570
Special Ability ✦ Shadow Glamouring
Vampiric Abilities ✦ Thralling || Strength || Speed || Smell || Daywalking
Familiar(s) ✦ Isaac Wilde
Occupation(s) ✦ None
Education ✦ Degrees in History, Literature, and Anthropology
Bio ✦ An Unfortunate Collection of Events

Personality ✦ Euphemie Sallow is an observant creature, preferring to understand her enemies and prey before she goes in for the kill. She is stubborn and strong-willed, and has a hunger for knowledge of anything she can get her hands on. She's skilled at pretending, and sometimes forgets herself, leaning into her human act for long periods of time, until her Thirst forces her to remember who and what she actually is. She spends a lot of time alone, but longs for personal connection and stability, but the terror her creator strikes into her prevents her from settling and making connections. She has been in survival mode for centuries, and grows weary and impatient with her existence— lately she has been lashing out and hunting more often, or picking fights with Isaac to let off some steam.

Likes ✦ people-watching, the pursuit of knowledge, fantasy novels, operas, ballets, painting, the modern age

Dislikes ✦ not being able to eat human foods, pretending to sleep, the color yellow, Ptolemy James Morrow, most other vampires

Hobbies ✦ gardening poisonous plants, collecting unique trinkets and rocks.​

Last edited:
  • This Gives Me Plot Bunnies

Sometimes, when he lies awake at night, he wonders if he's just part of Her shadow. A sentience created by Her for the sole purpose of being Her servant. And it only takes him a moment or two to remember that he had been Human , once upon a time.

Birthdate ✦ February 27, 1852
Occupation✦Servant​

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas luctus nisl eget leo iaculis, in pellentesque lectus finibus. Vestibulum eget enim eget sem tincidunt tristique. Etiam ut suscipit eros, at eleifend mi. Pellentesque tristique fringilla egestas. Nunc accumsan feugiat sem, sed maximus turpis pulvinar sed. Donec ligula tortor, malesuada at pulvinar lobortis, volutpat id sem. Etiam vitae lacus aliquam, laoreet turpis non, ultricies augue. Proin consequat eleifend mauris, eu luctus tellus aliquet id. Vivamus id quam malesuada, venenatis urna eget, tincidunt ex. In quis magna ac quam blandit ullamcorper. Sed condimentum molestie lectus, ut ultrices dui luctus eget. Donec lectus massa, maximus sed pretium placerat, malesuada quis purus. Fusce ultrices purus vel libero faucibus, et ultricies orci eleifend.

Donec in venenatis libero. Donec quam ipsum, suscipit elementum vehicula quis, molestie at lectus. Suspendisse ultricies ligula ut viverra scelerisque. Aenean tempor dictum fringilla. Nulla elementum ullamcorper lectus nec volutpat. Mauris imperdiet diam vel leo vulputate fringilla. Vivamus tempor ipsum sit amet ex malesuada, vel eleifend eros ornare. Praesent laoreet tortor sit amet arcu rhoncus, non semper orci congue. Praesent eget iaculis eros, eu faucibus neque. Aenean at eleifend elit. Mauris volutpat sem ut felis pulvinar, id aliquam justo congue. Nunc dui nunc, molestie nec eros sed, feugiat vulputate dui. Aliquam molestie ligula et neque pulvinar, in consequat erat tincidunt. Integer arcu urna, aliquam nec nulla nec, auctor dapibus quam.

Fusce dignissim faucibus nulla, at feugiat est sollicitudin vitae. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Sed eget leo porttitor, auctor sem aliquet, ultricies turpis. Etiam lacus massa, mattis in semper vitae, lobortis id eros. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Etiam ultricies commodo eleifend. Etiam commodo erat sit amet odio facilisis, vel ullamcorper arcu auctor. Integer lacinia pharetra orci sit amet ultricies. Duis id ligula mi. Duis id massa ligula. Curabitur mattis, sapien et auctor sollicitudin, lorem dolor ultrices arcu, et fringilla enim purus eu massa. Vestibulum vel vulputate eros, quis interdum dui. Donec egestas orci vitae diam mollis molestie. Sed in mi quis magna rutrum venenatis eget ac magna. Donec leo enim, bibendum vitae lorem ac, convallis porttitor lorem.

Donec velit diam, tristique eu magna a, dictum rutrum nisl. Cras sit amet malesuada lorem, at dictum ipsum. Vivamus sed scelerisque velit, a suscipit augue. Morbi vitae sapien a nulla imperdiet commodo sit amet sit amet velit. Proin ultricies rhoncus blandit. Quisque sodales scelerisque nisi sed lacinia. Praesent viverra pellentesque mauris vitae accumsan. Morbi elementum viverra nibh.

Vivamus molestie nunc in est aliquet, vel malesuada libero iaculis. Nullam vitae lacus porta, imperdiet dolor ut, luctus neque. Aenean non felis ac diam sodales mattis quis in lacus. Cras sit amet orci a libero commodo dapibus. Vivamus efficitur, mi vel sollicitudin tempor, eros sapien imperdiet lectus, eget vehicula elit justo eget orci. Aenean suscipit dolor nisl, dignissim sodales nisi fringilla malesuada. Sed lacinia magna quis sapien finibus scelerisque. Vestibulum sit amet consequat lorem. Donec sollicitudin ante sit amet lorem pulvinar malesuada. Etiam vel sodales odio. Phasellus egestas blandit nisi id pretium. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla nec justo convallis, dapibus mi non, porttitor leo.

Last edited: