Mars Colony in 2023

S

Seiji

Original poster
A Dutch company plans on... well, colonizing Mars! They plan on financing it through a series of investors and contractors and, well... link.

[CLICK PIC FOR LINK]

I don't know about you, but I'm going!!

Mars by the right of the sea where the first man to stand upon new land claims it will belong to... The Netherlands?

Myrn will rule the (martian) world.

The investment of corporate capital into space exploration, mining and colonization is one of the best things to happen in this field since the space race. It will be interesting to see where groups like mars one and planetary resources inc ( http://www.planetaryresources.com/ ) will take us in the next fifty years.

Very cool Seiji, thanks for sharing!

-edit-

I'd better pull up my pants, my dyslexia is showing :S

lul, he spelled Seiji wrong. - w-
Uhm.
Mars.
Mars.
I bet it is going to cost a crazy amount to get up there for us commonfolk Americans. D:
Which sucks.

I WANNA GO!
EARTH IS ALREADY FULL OF CRAP!
GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW! D<
NOW!

Humans will just make Mars full of crap too.
ITS WALL-E. WERE ALL GONNA GET FAT AND ROLL AROUND.

They realize...that a better way of colonizing Mars is to force global warming on it...and then plant plants right?

To do that it needs to be able to keep an atmosphere. Mars has no magnetosphere so any atmosphere it gets is blown away by solar winds. Any transforming would take centuries at least.

I am amazed at the ambition this project has. We can barely leave the Earth's gravity well, and in only eleven years, they plan on establishing a colony on Mars? Granted, there may be a sudden, unforeseen leap in technology, but there are a lot of problems to solve. Still, it is very impressive to see a project like this, and I really hope that it succeeds.

GET YER ASS TO MARS!

Cool link.

Give up my life here on earth, family, friends, just to live and work the rest of my life on another planet? I'M IN!