Marble Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw that, I imagined some kind of steampunk jukebox.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I love ridiculously complex machines who's only purpose is entertainment.

The question is though; is he actually playing it by pressing/turning/using it or is it following a guide akin to the old music boxes? The thump-y bass seems added afterwards too?

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I love ridiculously complex machines who's only purpose is entertainment.

The question is though; is he actually playing it by pressing/turning/using it or is it following a guide akin to the old music boxes? The thump-y bass seems added afterwards too?
Check out his channel and you can see how he built it, might answer some questions. I still think it's crazy that this guy literally finished the project last Monday.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
This is pretty fucking amazing.

The machine seems to drop marbles onto the strings of a bass guitar (see at 1:03). He's touching the strings to keep them from holding the note forever or to modify the note.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Got his videos added to watch later. Thanks @Grothnor , the sound just sounded a little too.. Off to me. The bass guitar does make a whole lot more sense.

Looks like this video is gaining some popularity, and notiriety. Seen it on a few feeds and different sites so far today.

Nice... Complex AF.
Cool enough to subscribe to.

FUCKING ENGINEERS!

THIS IS AMAZING.

Reactions: Brovo
Fun fact; Wintergatan is the swedish name for Milky Way.

IT means The Winter Road.

Also, I was completely goddamn mezmerized by the entire video.

Reactions: Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.