[Mar 10, 2014] TITHE - A Horror Chat RP (Catacombs RPBox)

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
tithe.jpg

You remember little.

A flash of colour, a terrible sensation. Maybe you recall a familiar place, before it all happened. The treasured face of a loved one, now viewed through broken, disjointed glass.

You remember little.

This house is alien, mysterious, as are the people you awaken amongst. Its surrounding countryside is foreign, unknown, with the promise of dark mysteries and half-answers. Who you are, where you have found yourself and how you came to be here? All these questions remain unanswered.

You remember little.

But there is one thing you do know clearly amidst the vacuum of your mind. A recollection that fills you with dread.

Something came for you. Something terrifying and unknowable, a nightmare made manifest. What it wants with you, you do not know.

What you do know is that it will return for you.

Now you and your allies must gather your resources, learn your surroundings and prepare for the thing's reappearance. How will you defend yourselves? Flee and search for civilisation? Barricade the house and hide?

Or make a final stand as the sun sets, and hope that you survive?​

'Tithe' is a Horror Chat RP, set in an isolated house in the middle of nowhere. Players take the role of a group of strangers who awaken in the house with their memories hazy and vague, save for one.

Something snatched them out of their ordinary lives and led to them winding up here. And it is coming back for them.

How the characters prepare for the confrontation with this entity rests with the players, an exercise in collaborative storytelling as the characters' personalities and back-stories are constructed through play.

stormclouds.jpg

* * *​

CHARACTER SHEET TEMPLATE

My Name is... (What is your character called?)

My skills are... (What is your character good at? Are they a talented pianist, a skilled athlete, a charismatic negotiator? This is a Horror RP, which requires the protagonists not to be overly empowered, so please ensure that any skills you pick are not too over the top. Due to the amnesia, your character may not even remember they have certain skills until they come up in-game, an interesting RPing opportunity.)

I can remember... (Your character is suffering from amnesia, brought on by some sudden trauma. However, they can recollect a few details from their past life, something very powerful and defining that can survive even the horror they've been subjected to; the face of their child, the smell of a loved one's hair, the sounds of the city they fought a war in and so on. They don't necessarily have to be good memories, just important ones.)

Please also provide an image of your character. Anime pictures will result in you being fed to the monster.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
I'll be editing a character into this post I just really wanted to be first :D

Depending on whether or not we have more people showing up I may postpone this one to a later date, but go ahead and fire up a character sheet. That would be gewds.