Map & Compass, Pt 2 - IC

Montacier, Academy Grand Lecture Hall - 13:24
June 16th, 1532
Mentions: None
Interactions: @Polaris North, @Jess Incognito, @Hecatty, @Flame, @Holy R. Enigma, @Elvario

"Someone you know?"

"Well… I saw her getting a pan from the blacksmith last night. Apparently she's a cook's apprentice?"

Just as Winona made it clear that she was not in the least bit confused, the sound of metal tapping on glass echoed through the lecture hall. After a few seconds, most eyes were on the man holding the glass of wine. "Welcome to our wonderful academy, both to attendees, and lecturers," the diminutive man said. He gestured to the lecturers as he introduced them. "We have a rather special series of lectures lined up for you all today. Of course we have professors Méndez and Gutiérrez from the Royal Academy. We also have our colleague from the Church, Ser LaFramboise, and the esteemed researcher from Ithya, Ms. Kristoff. And, of course, I will be giving the opening lecture, as the representing faculty of the great Montacier Academy." He took a moment to let the last part sink in, puffing his chest. "We will be hosting these lectures here in the Grand Lecture Hall, but you may tour the school while waiting for a particular lecture, should you so wish. If you do get bored of some of the more dreary topics scheduled, I would be more than happy to host you at my office for further discussion on my own lecture." The man let out a small chuckle before moving to the back of the platform. His hand grasped at the air in front of him, and as he pulled his hand back, a door opened in front of him, leading to another hallway. While the door was open, something became clear: while the breeze, grass, and rocky platform felt perfectly real, they were not actually outside the building.

If anyone wants to talk to any of the NPCs, you can go ahead and do so, and we could make a collab for that. Or if your PC wants to talk to another PC, of course. Next turn I'll move us forward quite a bit (going through the first three lectures, and their contents), right up to the lunch break.

Montacier, Beaureve Mansion - 21:04
June 15th, 1532
Mentions/Relevant: @Elvario, @ItariChan, @Polaris North
Interactions: @ERode, @Reanimator Spuds, @Flame

Adryen patted Victor on the shoulder after the man offered to take care of the little intruder. "Absolutely not! What kind of host would I be if I made my dearest guests go on such a wild goose chase?" he said. He gave a nod to one of the waiters in the corner, who then promptly exited the grand hall. "Let's not sour our mood, hm?" A few moments later, a waitress came up to the group with a folded towel on one arm. "You can dry up upstairs, if you'd like," he said, pointing at the platform the lord of the house spoke from earlier. "After my brother makes the rounds, we'd like to talk business with you all. If you'll excuse me, I'll see to it that we don't have an incident like this again."

Just as Adryen slipped past the group and out of the room, Addrick's imposing figure entered. He stood out even from a distance as he entertained some of the guests, with most of the guests not even measuring up to his chest. For a brief moment, his eyes caught something at the back of the room, near the mercenaries' gathering. His gaze fell directly on Jacques and Sasha for a split second. Nearby, Pablo Beaureve, the man who introduced Addrick to the crowd, was talking to some other guests as well, right by the stairs that led upstairs.

If anyone wants to talk to any of the NPCs, you can go ahead and do so, and we could make a collab for that. Next turn Adryen will lead Fa Leng, Temperance, and Revan (assuming they will want to go, if otherwise, you can tell me and I'll prepare it accordingly) to talk about their employment.

Reactions: Holy R. Enigma
Jacques Lumois & Paul Beaureve
A collab with @Sketching101

Jacques moved his way around the crowd, noticing that Addrick had made his entrance and likely had already noticed them. The faster he could negotiate terms with Lord Beaureve, the faster they can get out of this mansion. He couldn't say the same for Revan who seemed to have assimilated himself to another group.

Lord Beaureve was still talking with other guests and as such, Jacques kept himself close to show that he was interested in speaking with him but distant enough to avoid being suspected for eavesdropping.

Pablo Beaureve had been quietly drinking as the guests he was entertaining blathered on. Every now and then he'd insert a "Ah, how interesting," or a nod, but he didn't seem too engaged with the conversation to begin with. He found an escape path upon noticing Jacques standing just a small distance away. "Please do enjoy yourselves," he said to the group as he made his way to greet the man. "Welcome, welcome," he said wearily. Once the group he was entertaining turned away, the lord let out a sigh of relief. He patted the stranger on the shoulder and made a move to continue walking.

Jacques turned to the older gentleman as he moved away from the group, looking quite uninterested in what they were saying. It must have just been stories of boasting about their accomplishments to the lord of the house. Jacques had gone through enough parties himself to know that it's practically everything people talk about. He sympathized with Lord Beaureve's current circumstances and was more than glad to pull him away as well.

He moved with Pablo as he began to walk. "Greetings, Lord Beaureve. I'm Jacques Lumoise, though I did not come in behalf of my family." He quickly added. Much like how the Beaureve family was known for their dislike of the Templars, his was known for their presence in the organization. "Nor do I come in behalf of the Templars who I've found myself… in current hot waters with." Jacques continued with a light chuckle as if he was simply talking about a funny incident that happened in a bar.

"If I may be so blunt, I come seeking a request that might pique your interest."

Pablo came to a halt and turned to Jacques. "Is that so? A Lumoise, fallen foul with the Templars?" he said, looking mildly amused. "And what might that request be?" he asked pointedly.

"A very surprising thing isn't it?" Jacques mused for a second before stopping, keeping his hands behind his back. "A very simple request really. With the current state of the city and its lockdown, the group that I'm traveling with is in quite a bit of trouble. With your family being one of the noble houses, I thought that perhaps you might be able to aid us in escaping the city before problems arise. In exchange, I might have information regarding the organization that might be of interest to you as well."

Pablo paused for a moment, narrowing his eyes. "What kind of information could you possibly have that I would consider such a thing?" he asked, letting out a small chuckle.

"My thought was information on the prison, but seeing as Prince Addrick has come back home safe and sound that might not be as interesting."" Jacques mused, wringing his hands behind his back. "However, I am… or rather was one of the researchers in the Templars. One of our main projects involved the fuel that we're so proud of and its creation."

The old lord gave Jacques a skeptical look before a wry smile crept on his lips. "Well… That's different," he said. "To think Thibault can inspire such unwavering loyalty. Very well, you've got my attention, Mr. Lumoise. We may come to an arrangement yet." He gestured to the rest of the room. "I suggest you enjoy yourself for a while longer. I make it a point not to discuss business during such events. We'll discuss this… exchange later, once the riff raff have cleared out."

"Oh, the Prince-General certainly has his charm among his followers. There are just… a select few who find themselves on the other side of favor." Jacques would be lying if he had not been part of the many who fell behind Templar thinking. "Of course, Lord Beaureve. Have a good day." With that, Jacques bowed his head and made his way back into the party to search for Sasha.

So much for integrity and professionalism. Whatever goblin was meant to be in charge here was a little too full of himself, to the point where Anthea really felt like she should try to pick a verbal fight with him by challenging whatever he'd bring up in his lecture in the best way she could. Then again, he wasn't her reason for being her, so she'd better not get too distracted. Instead, she figured she'd try her chances with her colleague, LaFramboise, despite his equally bad impression. Maybe there was at least some knowledge with which he could back up his earlier gloating? Considering it didn't look like his gloating would stop anytime soon, Anthea figured she'd better pick the least impolite time to interrupt him rather than to wait until he finished. "Ah, mister Laframboise, could you spare me a moment of your time?" Upon (hopefully) obtaining his attention, she'd continue. "My name is Anthea Ferreira, a Clockworker researcher among our order. Is it true that you have obtained new information about Clockworkers, and if so, does that include new clues as to how we can understand their sentience?"

-----------

Justine felt as the one who introduced everyone, enjoyed hearing himself speak a bit too much. However, she did remember the first person who would be doing the first lecture is a professor by the name of Dupont. It makes sense he would be enjoying himself speaking, it is in his job description. 'Ugh, such a windbag… It makes me remind myself of my father who is also a windbag. But at least my father isn't here but being a Professor details you need to talk about everything.' She thought with a small ounce of annoyance on her face. It was because she was being reminded of her father, which she doesn't want to think about anyway. However, she did notice Anthea walk up to her colleague, Ser Laframboise. She had to write down any interesting tidbits, which she was grateful she did have something to write on and with. It wouldn't be a good idea to be teased by Anthea again, which would be annoying. "It would be lovely if you could spare some time, Ser Laframboise." With two voices trying to get the attention of a lecturer would be better than one. It makes some sense with what Anthea said afterward of getting his attention. "My name is Justine Ferra, Anthea's Bodyguard and Assistant. I would like to understand their sentience too." If anything, she's trying to emulate what Anthea spoke towards Laframboise, with a slight nicety to it. Since she is interested in these lectures, curious even.

-----------

LaFromboise only turned to Anthea and Justine after hearing his colleague introduce herself. His gaze went up to meet Anthea's. "Ah, yes. Miss Ferreira, I've heard of your… interesting projects before. A pleasure," he said. He looked over to Justine, seemingly pleased that he could now look down at someone rather than up. He turned back to Anthea and continued with a wave of the hand. "Why, I'd say this discovery is perhaps the greatest discovery to be made in our field yet. The little scamp I found turned out to be quite an interesting little machine. It is perhaps the first Clockworker I've seen to be so delusional. We have yet to dissect it, of course. We only got a hold of the thing very recently. Of course, we've already been able to learn quite a bit about the civilization on Sunderlake Isle the thing served in… but, haha, I would not want to spoil the experience of hearing that tale." He took a long sip from his glass of wine, barely lowering its level.

-----------

For a short moment, Anthea wondered why in the world Justine was echoing her like a walking wishing well, rather than silently taking notes like a good girl assistant, but she soon switched her focus towards her colleague. She wasn't sure whether or not she heard sarcasm in the man's mention of her interesting projects, and she couldn't figure it out for the life of her, as he kept sounding condescending regardless of what he was saying. In either case, she was more interested by the claim that his discovery was the greatest in their field. 'Considering they only gave him 30 minutes to talk about it, I highly doubt that...' She decided to set aside her scepticism, as the next part greatly captured her interest. "Delusional? In what sense?" She honestly didn't care about whatever tale would surround the actual scientific information she was hungry for, but she feared it'd be difficult to get one without the other.

-----------

Justine felt a slight shiver down her spine, since it felt as if Anthea wasn't really happy with what she was doing, being talkative. It was in her interest to be talkative, even at the annoyance to the one who she's protecting. However, she did notice the Ser Laframboise smile slightly while looking down at her, while she had to look up. She did write down what Ser Laframboise said about the Clockworker being delusional, it was confusing to her. 'Huh… What the hell? S-Should've paid attention in school about these subjects instead of being an angry child in the Royal Academy...' It was plain as day she was confused at what that means, unless the Templar Knight is willing to give her some understanding in that. This was mostly because her expertise is in Noble business than Templar Knight business, even though she's Anthea's assistant. It took her a few minutes to think of what she wanted to say, until she got it. "Would like to know the story, Ser Laframboise." She spoke with wanting to know more because her curiosity needs to be stated. It was a bit hard for her to understand what is being said, like there was something being said but not really.
-----------

"Well," LaFramboise started, brimming with glee. "This little Clockworker appears to have been waiting to complete a "function" for some time now. It keeps raving on and on about some cataclysm, pillars, and whatnot. We had found other Clockworkers from past eras on Sunderlake Isle, and most of them were amenable to readjustment. They could take new information and understand that time had passed. This critter, however, doesn't seem to be able to accept any changes to its original purpose. Even as we brought it here, it kept trying to escape and jump off our airship, would you believe it?" He let out a theatrical chuckle before continuing. "At first sight, this may seem like a malfunction, no? Perhaps it is, but I have the smallest inkling that this thing is functioning just as intended by its builder. As a prototype, perhaps. Its structure is quite a bit simpler than most Clockworkers we see here in Enia, and even than those of the monk Clockworkers we repurposed on Sunderlake."

-----------

Anthea gave Justine a very short 'really?' look when Justine seemed to encourage her colleague to start talking about himself rather than his research, as she encouraged him to tell them his story. Luckily enough, Laframboise stayed surprisingly on point. 'A non-adjustable Clockworker?' Wait... Anthea added two and two together, and realized the result was five. Something was wrong here. "Not to be overly sceptical and pessimistic, but if you've confirmed that its builder intended for it to keep servicing its purpose, shouldn't investigating that purpose be pretty important? It's doubtful that it needs to keep up its prior tasks after all this time, but it's not entirely impossible. After all, there are many things we've yet to understand about the Clockworkers and their makers, so discovering what kind of task they deemed necessary to avoid the aforementioned cataclysm might be a rewarding exercise."

-----------
Justine saw Anthea's look on her face and had definitely a shiver down her spine because of it. She was curious to the story of what Ser Laframboise had to say, but in the end he ignored her. It was slightly annoying to her, but with what he said confused her somewhat how could a clockworker do all that. 'Ugh, he ignored me. However, what he is saying is definitely interesting. I wonder if all clockworkers' true purposes were the same as that one. Worrying about a world ending cataclysm.' She thought with somewhat of a misconception of clockworkers since to her, they are new even though they are ancient. It was specifically because she wrote down every little thing Ser Laframboise wrote down. However, with what Anthea brought up about discovering it's purpose instead of trying to change it to avoid something as bad as a cataclysm would be good. "How long would it take to do that?" She questioned specifically about how long it would take to find out the purpose of a clockworker. It was mostly asked to both of the Templar Knights, who had expertise in the subject at hand. She thinks it was a good question to ask, since she had no real idea or expertise in the subject anyway.

-----------

"A fine point, a fine point," the man said with a coy smile. "I'm sure you've heard the news of the troubles we've had on Sunderlake Isle as of late. Tremors and the like. Dreadful business. We are keen to see what this thing does, as its explanations have been less than satisfactory, but until the Isle is deemed safe once more, it's quite unthinkable for us to go back." He turned to Justine. "Oh, my dear, we cannot rush science. Its flow shall take us where it might. Quite a wondrous thing, science. You know, I first decided to become a scientist when I was just a little boy..."

-----------

Just like that, two and two became four again. "Ah, but of course. The tremors and pillars!" Anthea figured that might be a bit too little of an explanation regarding her most recent theory, so she continued. "You mentioned that the Clockworker rambled about pillars and a cataclysm, correct? What if this particular Clockworker was made to maintain some sort of mechanism that stabilized the island, of which the pillars are an important component? The current tremors would be explained as the failing of whatever had been built to prevent the island from going through this cataclysm." She then realized the trouble with her own theory. "Ah, but that is quite troublesome indeed." That part might also need more of an explanation. "If we were to take our time to research this theory further, we might be able to verify it, only to lose the island in the meantime, due to being unable to prevent that very cataclysm. However, if we go in blindly, we might waste a lot of time and resources on a false lead and even risk our well-being while at it... It's quite a dilemma, but the risk of losing a valuable source of research material like Sunderlake Isle would be quite a shame."

-----------

When Ser Laframboise spoke about troubles on the Sunderlake Isle, Justine did know about that, it was in the newspaper. "Yeah, it was in the newspaper. I was slightly in shock about that." She spoke still in shock that Sunderlake Isle was devastated by a natural cataclysm. Indeed, it was dreadful business, but isn't all things in life dreadful once in a while. However, when Ser Laframboise said what most scientists say about not rushing things. "Guess better to take it slow than rush progress?" She questioned, it would probably be a saying for scientists to say that. However, the theories that Anthea brought to the table were interesting for her, so she smiled slightly. 'Interesting, these theories are very neat. Guess my curiosity is nice to talk to someone of science.' She thought of wanting more theories or anything really to sate her curiosity. It was clear as day on her face, since she had a lack of knowledge of scientific pursuits. Her pursuits were more martial focused, to get away from her father and feel alive.

-----------

"It would be quite a shame indeed. However, we're confident that before long, the island will be safe once again. Why, we already have our people working on fixing any damage that was done," he said. "Haste makes waste, as they say. I learned that the hard way. You see, we were braving the wastelands of the currents at..." LaFramboise started rambling about his past accomplishments once again.

Mentions:
Interactions: Ser Lafromboise Sketching101, Anthea Elvario, and Justine Ferra Holy R. Enigma

Sasha shrugged, "I really only went with you because I didn't want to go to the academy. Wouldn't have mattered. I didn't know his last name. I'm not turning back now but be on your guard. We might not be able to trust these people." She followed Revan to the group with the four-armed man and Addrick's brother. Jacques, on the other hand, had disappeared somewhere on his own. As they approached, someone in the party was hit by what appeared to be a splash of water. She had to turn her head to hide her snicker after seeing the woman's attempt at getting back at whatever had splashed her.

While Revan introduced himself to the silver-haired man, Sasha introduced herself the scaley four-armed man and the female bounty hunter. "I'm Sasha," She said holding out her hand. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Addrick's huge figure entering the room. The two of them locked eyes for a brief second and Sasha knew he recognized her. She didn't know Addrick well enough to guess how he'd react after coming over to meet everyone. It was possible he'd pretend they didn't know each other in order to not cause a fuss during the party. It was also possible he'd attempt to have them captured on the spot. She made sure to keep an eye on him out of the corner of her eye, which is how she noticed Jacques coming back from where ever he had wandered off to. She waved him over, "Jacques. Over here."

She'd been about to turn back to Revan and ask him to remind her what kind of business they had come here for, but one look at him showed that something or someone had upset him greatly. She swiped a glass of water from a passing waiter and handed it to him, putting a hand lightly on his arm to get his attention. She raised a questioning eyebrow but didn't ask him to explain.

@Flame @Sketching101 @Polaris North @ERode @Reanimator Spuds

Well then... Cansu had royally screwed up. As satisfying as it had been to splash the slaver, and as glad as she was that she'd somehow gotten away with it, she was pretty sure she'd been spotted by at least one of them. The fact that some of the staff seemed to be looking for her confirmed that. That said, her mission wasn't over yet. Now that she was no longer free to try talking with people, and now that it looked like pretty much everyone here was the kind of slaver scum she expected, she'd have to figure out what to do with Revan later. For now, she'd better sneak around throughout the mansion, to see if there was any useful information to pick up on or to see if there was anything valuable and small enough laying around to bring along as a 'souvenir'.

Further into the mansion, as the voices of the guests started to grow more and more distant, other sounds became clearer. By the kitchen, plates clattered as they were perfectly stacked on top of each other to astounding heights, as the chefs and their apprentices scrambled in a panic to keep up with the demands of the courtyard and great hall full of people. A few waiters went inside. After a few moments, one left empty-handed, while the rest hurried with servings of hors d'oeuvres hovering above their fingertips. One of the chefs came out right after the last waiters. "I'm not in the mood for japes," he said with a thick, east Enian accent (think French). "We're already behind on schedule, and now you're telling me we've got a pest problem?!" The waiter didn't wait to listen to the chef, who went back in the kitchen, grumbling.

Cansu resisted the urge to think French, 'J'en ai marre d'être toujours fauché.' realized she'd somehow ended up at the kitchen, which wouldn't be too big of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that she overheard them mention a pest problem. 'I should've brought poison.' It wasn't the pests she wanted to poison though, but the ones this food was intended for. That said, she had a lingering suspicion she'd be included among the mentioned 'pests' so she was sure to stay out of sight as much as possible. Flying as high as she could often helped, as people rarely looked up to the ceiling. The thought of causing a rainstorm in the kitchen lingered through her mind a little longer than she'd like, but she realized it'd only bother some relatively irrelevant people, so she decided against it. As fun as it'd be to see these people panic, they weren't the ones she hated the most. Instead, she figured she'd look for stairs. After all the most interesting stuff was nearly always hidden away in bedrooms, basements or attics.

Collab with: @Sketching101

The mere fact that the young girl seemed to have mistaken her voice for one coming from the below the stone platform didn't quite convince Willow that the girl wasn't confused. Nevertheless, she didn't question it. She shifted a bit, looking towards the lecturers as they announced the start of the discussions. Seeing as Ms. Kristoff was not discussing yet and they were free to do whatever they wished, Willow turned back to the girl.

"I'm Willow by the way!" She introduced with a smile and she faltered for a moment before extending her hand for a shake. "Are you staying for this lecture or do you have other plans?" She questioned in an attempt to be friendly, idly looking over the platform again. It wasn't that she didn't find the lecture interesting but the Academy was just as fascinating.

For a moment, the sound of clinking glass drew Winona's attention away from the lady before her. However, the initial moment of curiosity quickly faded when it turned out nothing interesting came of it. It was just a man using a lot of fancy words. Talking about 'Fram Boys' and whatnot. Winona would continue to lend her attention out of politeness, but the man just kept going, and going, and-

From a young(er) age, she'd always been taught not to interrupt when adults were speaking, but that didn't mean she had to listen to all of it, right? Right! Having sufficiently convinced herself it was okay to ignore the man holding a speech, she returned her gaze to the lady before her. Having done so just in time to catch her cheerful introduction. "I'm Winona Sera of the House of Nito!" she responded with the same proud intonation she'd used countless times before.

Accepting Willow's extended hand, she used it to pull herself up to her feet. Rather than shaking it. "Can I have other plans?" Winona asked in return, the excited tone hinting at her preference, "I need to go to the library for my ques-" She halted her sentence and gave Willow an apprehensive look-over. "You're not a villain, right?"

Willow put the name in her memory. She had no idea what the House of Nito was and if it meant anything here in Enia. As long as she had been staying and travelling through the world of Enia, she's never gotten a handle in their noble families. There were just too many to count and, frankly, Willow didn't really think they were too important.

Still, she could ask some of the Enians they had in the group later.

She was surprised that Winona had used her to get her to stand up but Willow managed to keep her ground. "Yeah, the professor said that we can do whatever we want until the lecturer we prefer arrives." Willow responded with a small shrug and tilted her head in curiosity as Winona mentioned a library before pulling back with a very interesting question.

"I don't believe that I am." Willow responded honestly. Sure, she's been thrown into jail for reasons… that she didn't quite understand. Something about polymorphy? In Ithya, it was just something that people had and people utilized to help others. So she wasn't quite sure why in Enia it would be considered as something worth going to jail over. Therefore, she isn't a bad person but rather simply misunderstood.

After listening carefully to Willow's words, Winona had reached her verdict. She wasn't a villain. Winona had met villains before. Clad in armor and heavily armed. Those villains were more than happy to announce their intentions as they attacked the Aepian people. Thus, simply asking is a surefire way to figure out if someone was a villain.

Convinced of Willow's non-hostile status, Winona hastily fetched her bag. Vigorously digging through the abundance of content to find one of the books that would help explain her quest. After producing a significant amount of ruckus, she presented an old tome to Willow. "Since you're not a villain," she began, flipping through the pages as she spoke, "I'm on a quest, a really important one!"

Having found the page she'd presented to Anthea before at the Black Cat, she once again used the drawn image of Grandmaster Nito as reference. "I'm looking for books about him, Grandmaster Nito, Sylvie told me the library could have some, but I don't know where the library is... Do you know?"

Willow looked pleased as Winona accepted that she wasn't a villain. She wasn't sure what had convinced the girl but she wasn't about to argue with it. She listened on intently at the mention of a quest, Willow had always been eager to help others.

She looked over the page and slowly nodded. "The library huh…" Willow tried to jog her memory but they had just entered for the most part too and whichever halls they've gone down on were all mixing up in Willow's mind. Curse the academy for having very similar interior designs. She hadn't been paying attention to the signs either.

"No, not really. But I'm sure there's a map here somewhere." Willow reassured her before gesturing for her to follow. "Have you already looked around for the library?" She questioned, wondering if they can narrow down their search of the academy.

"A map?" She repeated back at Willow. Her expression changing to a puzzled one, presumably pondering whether she'd seen one around or not. The answer was not. In fact, it didn't even cross her mind as she was internally occupied with the ridiculous idea this place would have a map. What if intruders came to overtake it? They'd simply follow that map to wherever the treasures were.

Winona was about to reject the idea when Willow presented another. Simply searching the place seemed like the best option. "I haven't, no, but! We could go together! Mom always said it's safer that way." She explained while hastily grabbing her belongings and shouldering her backpack. Nearly tipping back off the platform as her body tried to adjust to its weight.

"Let's go! Eh, that way!" She then exclaimed after finding her balance. Pointing the curved crest of her staff forward in the direction of a randomly selected hall. Starting to move towards it moments after, without any form of consent from her new travel companion.

Willow made a cautionary move as Winona nearly fell off the platform when she carried her things but she managed to balance herself just in time. Maybe it is a good idea that she would go with Winona on this voyage. She gave a muted nod - it is true, traveling with others is better than traveling alone. There is strength in numbers if everyone in the party is in agreement on what the priority is.

As Winona moved down the hall, Willow spared a glance towards Theo and Arturo - hoping to catch their eye and signaling that hopefully she would be back by the next lecturer. Emphasis on the hopefully.

With that, she hurried to follow Winona and curiously looked around. The academy was far too big for them to search with just the two of them. She idly wondered what kind of lectures happened within these walls. It was an esteemed academy after all. Unfortunately, aside from the guest lecturers, she doubted she would ever come back here again.

Snapping back to their current objective, she turned to Winona. "Why don't we try asking a staff here? Make the process of searching go by faster?"

Soon after the two adventurers set out on their quest into uncharted territory and realized they didn't know how to get to their destination, a high pitched voice piped up from behind them. "You look weird." There stood a boy in a prim, stuffy suit with a lollipop in his hand, even shorter than Winona.

Despite having the collective wanderlust of the entire world keeping her moving forward, Winona too had to admit this wasn't getting them anywhere fast. Halting in place, she glanced around. Both left and right the walls looked exactly like the ones they'd been passing so far. There was no way of telling where they were going at this point, and Willow's suggestion to remedy this was a sound one.

"Staff.." Winona muttered to herself in response, "If I were a staff, where would I be?"

Pondering for a while, her eyes eventually landed on the staff held tight within her hand. Of course! A staff would know where to find a staff. With blind faith in her method, she closed her eyes and spun around in place. Pointing her staff in the direction fate had chosen. Only to be greeted by the sight of a child at the end of her staff once she opened her eyes. "Ahh! Ehm- wha-? Who're you calling weird! You're weird!" She retaliated to cover up her initial shocked reaction.

Willow gave Winona time to ponder over her suggestion before she wandered off for a few steps, looking around the bends of the academy to look for someone who knew their way around the academy. Anyone would do really, a student probably knew more than they did about the layout of this place. She was disappointed to see that no one was coming around, they were all likely very busy with the guest lecturers being around.

She moved back to Winona just in time to see her spin around with her staff and nearly hit a smaller guy with it. Willow quickly moved back, an apology ready on her tongue but the guy had already spoken and Winona had responded in kind.

She couldn't help but laugh at that. Willow knew that she looked out of place in such an illustrious academy as she was still wearing some form of adventuring gear as well as very casual clothing as opposed to the guy's suit that honestly looked uncomfortable to be in. She didn't appear to be someone who would go to a place like this. She raised a hand, giving the boy a grin. "Well, maybe it's because I'm not Enian." She pointed out. "And I'm just a visitor here."

The child's eyes focused on the staff in front of his face before focusing on Winona. "Nu-uh," he said calmly, plucking the lollipop out of his mouth and pointing the swirly sweet end at her. "You are, weirdo." He turned to Willow with his eyes narrowed. "You're from Aepia?" He looked Willow up and down before continuing. "Eww, you're an Ithyan, aren't you? My dad says Ithyans are so poor that they can't even afford to buy water for a bath, and you live in swamps," he said with a childish smile. "Hihi, that's gross!" He sniffed the air before biting down on the lollipop again. "You don't smell as bad as her though," he said, sticking his tongue out at Winona, and accidentally dropping his lollipop. "Aw!"

Winona couldn't believe what she was hearing. This whole conversation went against everything she'd been taught. This boy before her was rude. No. Beyond rude! And to his elders no less! She'd expected Willow – the elder amongst the three of them – to show some form of disciplinary action. Instead, she chose to laugh it off. In turn, prompting Winona to look at her with bewilderment. "Wha-?"

And whilst she tried to regain composure, the boy simply continued with his foul manners. Calling her a weirdo, as if! "I am not! You are!" She retorted hastily, shooting another glance towards Willow. Still convinced she'd put a stop to this, surely. "Are- are you not gonna stop him?!" She eventually sputtered after listening to the boy for a few more sentences. Winona knew better than to tell an elder what to do or how to act. But not while her worldview was being verbally attacked with every word uttered by the boy before them.

Willow tilted her head at the boy's continued attitude. Her smile became strained at the attack on her own world and she shifted in her position. Bold words, coming from people who hide behind their walls and their guards and continuously beat down their own citizens to elevate themselves. If they carried the same attitude towards Ithya, Willow wondered how long they would last. Probably not long, if they started insulting every Ithyan around them. There's a reason why their communities have strong bonds with each other - if you isolate yourself in a way that would make you hated in the community, then your chances of survival were slim.

She placed a hand on Winona's shoulder as she turned to Willow to reprimand the boy. She really had no place to say anything against a noble. "Unlike you, we don't put monetary value on survival necessities. You call us poor, but that says a lot more about your community than ours really."

"Now, now, let's stop calling each other childish or stinky. We're just guests here for the lectures. How about you? Did you come with your father or are you a student here?"

The boy huffed as he pulled out another lollipop from his pocket and unwrapped the packaging, flustered by Willow's retort. His scowl was replaced with a smile beaming with pride as soon as Willow asked about him. "Yuh-uh. My dad's here giving a lecture. I'm not a student yet, but I'll be one soon!" The boy's grin widened. "I was playing in the gravity slides at the library earlier, but the butthead librarian kicked me out." He somehow managed to maintain his smug look as he spoke of his exploits.

And just like that, everything was right in the world again. Soothed by Willow's reassuring hand placed on her shoulder. As well as the astute retort from her lips. All working in tandem to put her mind at ease. Yet, despite Willow's words clearly requesting to halt the name-calling, Winona couldn't resist basking in their victory. Returning the previous 'courtesy' by sticking out her tongue at the boy. Which, by any stretch, wasn't name-calling.

After that, most of the boy's words were met with a petty disinterest on Winona's part. Shifting on her feet. Glancing around the hall. Doing anything she could think of to have her body express she didn't care. At all! …Up until he mentioned the library, which reignited her interest in the boy. "We're looking for the library! Do you know the way?" She asked, suddenly sporting a much more friendly tone.

Willow blinked. Oh, it looked like the kid really was from prestige. She idly wondered which of the two guest professors was this boy's father. And to think that he looked at Ithyans so lowly, she also wondered how they thought of the Ithyan guest professor who was considered one of the best in their field. "Who's your father, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Say how about this? If you take us with you to the library, I think I can sneak you inside again and you can continue playing?" She suggested. It was a fair trade between the two of them - they both have something to gain from doing this. Even a kid would be able to understand the equivalent exchange.

"Like I'd help a nincompoop like you," he said before sticking his tongue out back at Winona. The boy beamed with pride. "My dad's Henri LaFramboise, the great Templar Knight," he said, swinging his lollipop to one side with each syllable. "I'm Michel LaFramboise." He seemed to freeze up as soon as he heard Willow's proposition. "I suppose… nobles like me should be leading people like you," he rationalized. "I'll lead you there, but... you've got to promise to get me in too! Otherwise I'll yell!"
Collab with: @Polaris North @Sketching101
Mentions: N/A

I2SKXHb.png

So they weren't gonna have some impromptu test over who could track down that spurned-lover of a fairy after all? Well, Fa Leng had no qualms about that; Temperance may have been dressed in her usual garments, but he'd personally loathe the idea of having his one fine set of clothes ruined by another bolt of water. With Aderyn heading off to do his rounds, this was certainly a good time to get more familiar with his future colleagues, especially while they were all sober and…

Though Fa Leng's facial features were too rigid to change much, his eyes narrowed incrementally at the curious exchange between Revan and Victor. Between that and the prior water blast incident, it certainly felt like there was something greater afoot that just a couple of freelancers meeting up for an interview. Whether it was worth it to engage more deeply into this was something that the four-armed denizen still had to figure out.

"Wonderful to be with you too, Sasha," Fa Leng responded, warmly grasping the woman's hand. "Suppose that friend of yours is, how to say, feeling supporter for you two?" Of the three, only Jacques hadn't yet moved to say his greetings, even if the scruffy-faced man had the posture of one well-accustomed to the rough-and-tumble of the trade of blades. Not that Fa Leng minded all that much. Some just preferred to exist in the borders of the group. With his upper left arm, he clapped Revan on the shoulder too, in a not-so-subtle attempt to shake the beastman out of thoughts. "No worries about dress code, Revan. I like to dress as nicely as I can when I can, cause these nice cloaks and kilts," Fa Leng flicked them about, not enough to be immodest but enough to show the material's frailty, "aren't good for travel. If you're lacking though, and if your purse survived last night? Allow me to show the world of muscle-denizen fashion to you."

The scaled denizen cackled at that, tail swinging from side to side, before sweeping grandly around the halls. "Smells like much serious talk soon. Mayhaps we oughta pre-eat, to oppose the future of the feast ending before our talks do? Mouth doesn't seem to be doing anything else after all, Revan!"
@Flame @ItariChan

Revan
Beaureve Mansion​

It'd seemed his new friends had caught wind of his discomfort when faced with the silver-haired stranger, and were quick to comfort him. He began to breathe easier once more when he felt Sasha's hand on his arm, and took the water. Thankfully it seemed she'd picked up that maybe what he was disturbed by might not be something to speak about right now, and he nodded to her in response, managing a small smile to reassure her most of the trepidation had passed before he took a sip. He was keen to not look directly at Victor, though, instead turning to Fa Leng when he responded to his comment about his clothes. "Hahah, maybe the next time I go to a big party, eh?", he chuckled. "I'm actually quite fond of these clothes, and I'd probably prefer to wear them whenever possible... but maybe sometime I'll try the sorts of things you all wear.", he replied with a grin. In front of Victor, he wasn't as comfortable to go into the history these clothes he wore had, better not to admit things about himself that that man seemed to somehow know. But how did he? It was as if when he looked him in the eyes, he saw right through him, saw everything... at least, that's what it felt like. He couldn't place a finger on why he got that feeling, but he couldn't shake it. Call it intuition, but there was more than met the eye with him, and looking back into Victors eyes it felt like he'd been pulled toward a deep pit... Not something he commonly felt just meeting people. Whoever he was, really, Revan wanted nothing to do with him. Here was hoping that there wasn't a need for much more interaction with him when they went to meet for that "job".

Thankfully, it seemed his attention had been turned to Sasha for whatever reason, and he could carry on talking with Fa Leng. Still, the mere fact that Victor was still present put him on edge, like a man in front of a camp-fire, knowing that there were beasts just outside the light's range, waiting. Still, he could do his best to pretend he wasn't bothered, couldn't he? "That's one thing I can agree on. What is a party without amazing food? And a party such as this one ought to have plenty to offer... I think we ought to take advantage of that before we get sucked in to more talk... Now, if my nose is correct, and it is often not wrong, I think what we're after is this way!", he he directed, pointing through the crowd towards another room that had partygoers passing in and out. Before leading the way, however, he was quick to notify Sasha. "Food's over that way... Whenever you uh, get done talking, why not join us for a bite?", he suggested, before taking off to lead Fa Leng to their prize.

Interactions: @ItariChan, @ERode

Victor
Beaureve Mansion
Victor nodded to Adryen. "If you wish it.", he replied with a nod, watching the Beaureve brother leave before he turned his attention to Addrick, who had just arrived. Not for long, though, as he soon turned back to the group that Adryen had introduced him to that now had two new members. His eyes locked on to Sasha for a moment, seeming to study her before he smiled, a more genuine one than the ones he'd given the mercenaries that had come for work, for whatever reason. "Ah, it seems that one of our invitees has chanced to bring along a special guest.", he stated, looking to Sasha, and holding out a hand to shake... this time around, his grip was much less formidable. "I am Victor, it's a pleasure to meet you.", he greeted her with some of the edge of his usual demeanor blunted, if not by much. His eyes moved from hers to where the polymorph tattoo she bore was located, whether it was covered or not. "Your kind is in good company here. Know that I hope that you have a promising future ahead of you.", he paused, looking to Revan as he talked to Sasha before leaving, whatever warmth in his expression disappeared as he gazed at the beastman, before he disappeared into the crowd with Fa Leng. He then looked back to Sasha. "Your acquaintance walks a dangerous path. It would be wise of you not to follow.", he warned cryptically, before stepping back. "Unfortunately, this is all the time left I have to talk. I have some business to attend to here... I hope that when next we meet, we are still on good terms.", he stated, giving her a bow, before taking his leave to attend to whatever business he'd mentioned, likely with the Beaureves.

Interactions: @ItariChan

Erica
Montacier Academy
It seemed there was still a fair bit of time until the lecture she wished to see, and the speakers didn't seem to take much offense to their listeners finding other things to do in their wait-time, especially if the absence of some of the individuals she'd arrived with was anything to go by. Well, if that was the case, then she would practice her magic and perhaps get some direct advice from the speaker on the lecture she wished to view after it was finished? That didn't seem like such a bad idea. Much better to get herself refreshed before taking up a conversation on transmutation... so she went and found herself a secluded place to engage in the ritual. She took out a dagger from her bag and gave her palm a little cut to supply the biological material, then got to work "sculpting" a copy of herself.

Interactions: N/A

Montacier, Academy Grand Lecture Hall - 14:00
June 16th, 1532
Interactions: @Polaris North, @Jess Incognito, @Hecatty, @Flame, @Holy R. Enigma, @Elvario

Up first, at 14:00 sharp, was the lecture of the hosting school's representative, Professor Dupond Dupont. Despite having already built a reputation as a self-important elitist, he hadn't been chosen as a lecturer on the basis of privilege alone. In fact, his personality might have been a shock to those who admired his work. "... With the widening fields of applications of magickfuel, we've been able to develop our nation more and more. Many of you came here by train, did you not? Thanks to researchers such as myself, even a commoner can conduct such marvels of technology, without being given the burden of magical knowledge..." Within the limited time, he didn't go into much detail on the technical intricacies of magickfuel application, but went over the novel research being done in using it for tools such as communication devices and even personal vehicles.

At 14:31, Henri LaFramboise took the podium, quite flustered that he was robbed of the first minute of his half-hour lecture. He spent the next few minutes preparing. After five minutes, he was able to set up his tools. The shorter of the two fully armored Templars with him brought forth a small cage with cloth on top of it. After a brief story about how he managed to catch an aberrant clockworker on Sunderlake Isle, he grabbed the cloth and dramatically swept it aside. Inside was a tiny clockworker, strung up by its arms and legs, with its shell taken off. The gears and mechanisms in its chest were bare for all to see.

"Quite a marvel, isn't it? It is quite unlike most clockworkers we have in our service here on Irve. You see, unlike modern clockworkers, it doesn't have magic within. But it can still use it. Of course, this means the architecture of the clockworker allows for other possibilities..."

The design of the mechanism was foreign to everyone but Arturo, who had a chance to encounter a similar clockworker but a few days ago. While they looked very different on the outside, this tiny clockworker's designs were unmistakably similar to those of the clockworker priestess.

Finally, Sonya Kristoff's lecture began at 15:12. She started off by talking about the concept of transmutation. "It is generally understood as a field that researches how to change the qualities of objects. Most rudimentary transmutation spells will have you changing the rigidity of objects, or even permeability. While this definition is not wrong, it is misleading. The naive application of transmutation in medicine would be to apply transmutation on the tissue, and while this could work, it is not the most efficient solution. The word 'object', in this case, does not necessarily exclude more abstract concepts like 'magic'. We have a wellspring of power to draw from, in order to form tissue-like substances. Similarly to how Life Magic uses magic, Transmutation can allow you to take your magic, and give it physical qualities..." Around 15:27, the door opened, and a Templar walked in. The Templar quickly went up to LaFramboise, and whispered. The two then left the lecture hall. The lecture continued.

At 15:35, a pale LaFramboise re-entered the room, walked up to the podium as Kristoff was giving her lecture, and said something to her. He quickly went back out the way he came in. A few gasps of affront sounded from a few of the guests watching the lecture. "I'm afraid it seems we will have to end this lecture here," she said to the audience. "I would be happy to entertain any questions you might have at the library, and perhaps conclude our discussion there."

Everyone started to get up and talk amongst themselves about the three lectures so far. Some started to make their way toward the exit of the spacious "room". One of the Templars by the doors piped up. "If you would follow us to the library," she said before leading the way. The second knight in full armor stood by the door, waiting for everyone to head out.

At the bottom of the lecture hall, Kristoff pulled Dupont aside, much to the man's dismay. The two seemed to be discussing something, or rather, she seemed to be interrogating him, almost.

Montacier, Academy Library - 14:03
June 16th, 1532

The knights guided the lecturers and attendees through the grandiose stone hallways to the library. The way to the library passed by a few other lecture halls, each with a separate flora inside, similar to the lecture hall they were in earlier. After just a few minutes of walking, they arrived at a rather understated door at the very end of the corridor. Just through the door, they were greeted by a Clockworker behind a desk. It raised its attention from the book it was reading through, and glared at the newcomers without saying a word. Just beyond the relatively tamely decorated entrance was the reading area, with lamps placed neatly on the desks, one per chair. The library had a spacious feeling to it, despite not having magical illusions similar to those in the classrooms that would make it look larger than it was. The large windows looking out at the courtyard accomplished creating that effect sufficiently well. Large parts of the city were clearly visible, from South Harbor to Ivy End. The library building wrapped around the courtyard below in a U-shape, appearing to be several storeys tall from the outside. Inside, however, there didn't seem to be many floors above them. The height of the roof could be attributed to the very tall ceilings. Rows of books still populated the higher ends of the walls, along narrow paths with no apparent way to get up to them. To those unfamiliar with the Montacier Academy Library, it might have been a mystery how anyone could reach such height without using magic, but this mystery would be quickly dispelled.

One of the few students studying in the library stepped off the edge of what seemed to be a broken staircase. Just as he seemed to be about to fall, he sprung upward as if the wind gently picked him up, and gently stepped onto a higher level, right next to a much younger blond haired boy, dangling his legs off the side as he flipped through the pages of a thick tome. As he spotted the newcomers to the room, he looked for someone in the crowd.

"Please enjoy yourselves within the premises of this wonderful library," LaFramboise said, wiping sweat off his brow. "I will be back… momentarily." He seemed uncharacteristically flustered. He scurried off out of the entrance, followed by the larger of the two armored Templar knights.
Theo turned to Arturo and Willow, furrowing his brow. "We're not getting arrested again, right?"

Montacier, Beaureve Mansion - 21:58
June 15th, 1532
Mentions/Relevant: @Elvario
Interactions: @ItariChan, @Polaris North, @ERode, @Flame

For about another half hour, Pablo and Addrick went around entertaining their visitors. Addrick did a much better job not looking bored, as Pablo remained completely stone faced when he wasn't sighing in his boredom. Soon enough Pablo excused himself from the crowd and disappeared up the stairs, followed by Addrick 5 minutes later. Near the end of the hour, a tall, slender man in a jet black tuxedo appeared in the room. He went up to the pair of giants, Fa Leng and Revan, and the mercenary Temperance. "Lord Beaureve will see you now." The man gestured to the stairs the Beaureves left the party from. He then excused himself and approached Jacques Lumoise, and said the same. "And please feel free to bring any of your… co-conspirators, ser." This didn't sound like a suggestion, but rather a mandate. The slender man's tone sounded eerily and effortlessly threatening.

Adryen, Pablo, and Addrick were sitting in the wide room the butler had described, talking. "They seem quite reliable, don't they," Adryen said, resting a hand on his larger twin's shoulder.
"Haha!" The horned 9-foot goliath bellowed. "Quite! Though… I'm more interested in our other guests." A wicked smile crawled up his lips as the first people arrived.

The "first people arrived" is a reference to whoever posts first after this for the Beaureve Mansion group.

I2SKXHb.png

For about another half hour, Fa Leng preoccupied himself with the finest flavors that Montacier had to offer, and with four arms, he could engage in it without looking like a slob either. One hand held a spoon, another a fork, a third a knife, and a fourth the plate of food that never seemed to shrink, no matter how steady his pace of consumption was. The bounty of the sea truly was a wonderful thing, after all, and he happily cracked crustaceans between his teeth, slurping up the firm, white meat underneath. Buttered molluscs were a pleasure to slurp down as well, and cocktail shrimp, while perhaps a bit too icy for his liking, went into the gullet all the same. Of course, one could not ignore the wonderful slabs of hot-rock-cooked saltwater fish, from fatty slices of tuna to pristine cuts of cod. And what was that?

"You must try this," Fa Leng said, tail raising up around him to point at a curious pie, studded with sardine heads and giving off such a fishy stench that there was a one-meter bubble around it. "Very unique. Quite good, Revan."

Of course, the draconic denizen didn't actually know how it tasted. That was why he was pointing it out to his friend, after all. Sometimes, it paid to have a face that couldn't easily make expressions.

Alas, before Fa Leng could properly analyze whether or not this curious pie was a hit or a miss, a sharply-dressed man materialized from the crowd. He nodded at the summons, then opened up his mouth as wide as possible to devour the rest of his meal. A fat tongue licked clean the sauces and juices that remained, and cleaned the utensils in the same way. Not a drop wasted for this troubleshooter, that was for sure. He placed his used dishes on the table for a servant to collect, and said, tilting his head towards the stairs. "Supposed to go, yes?"

Moments later, the scaled mercenary became the first to enter a room wide enough to comfortably fit all the titans it'd be housing soon. At the smirk of the tallest being in the room, he bared his own rows of teeth, leaning backwards on his tail to meet the taller man's eyes. It was the bespectacled one, though, that his gaze eventually settled upon. "Two of you I recognize, so the third must be the venerable Lord. A delight, Lord Beaureve. Fa Leng Eishandar, at your prospective employ."

@Flame @Sketching101

Anthea Ferreira

Interactions: Justine "Red" Ferra @Holy R. Enigma

Anthea was only mildly interested in most of what was said by either Dupont or Kristoff. Most of it wasn't all that new to her, and what she really wanted was to get a closer look at the Clockworker LaFramboise brought along. The mentioned 'other' possibilities were easily filled in by her imagination, which might or might not involve some pretty scary ideas. In any case, she was a bit confused by the sudden interruption.

A devious grin was quick to appear on Anthe's face, as she suddenly realized LaFramboise's panic might have to do with her earlier hypothesis about the fate of Sunderlake Isle. 'It sound like it's time to go raspberry hunting.' She quickly notified Justine."It seems like this is our moment to act, unless we want to be placed on the sidelines of what might be a pretty interesting endeavour. I'd say we try to get involved in the predicament of our dear colleague over there."

She didn't feel like being stuffed away in a library, so she made her way towards LaFramboise before he could leave, with or without Justine. "Something seems to be troubling you. Does it relate towards my earlier hypothesis of the fate of Sunderlake Isle? In any case, as a fellow Templar and researcher, allow me to assist you." She'd show them proof of her credentials as a Templar researcher if needed, using them a little bit forceful in an attempt to show her status and get involved in whatever was going on.

ARTURO LEONE

Arturo's paranoia subsided as the lectures began. He felt quite right among the field of scholars. His hand went compulsively again and again to the unfamiliar breast pocket of his unfamiliar coat, seeking the small notebook he used to carry diligently before it was lost at Sunderlake.

As the thin, quaffed LaFramboise unveiled his clockworker specimen, the hair on the back of his neck rose and he suddenly felt hot in the grand, airy space. The machine looked to him a mirage of the nightmarish Priestess from only a few nights before. He wondered vaguely if he would be dead had he not been lucky enough with the resilient people he found himself running with now. If that were the priestess' intention, he didn't know.

The involuntary response faded as LaFramboise described his studies of the machine and Art was glad now to have the chance to study the mechanisms free from terror. He wanted to make notes, but again found his notebook missing; instead he pulled nervously at a leaf fallen from the grand canopy over the 'hall', skeletonizing it.

He was interested in Kristoff's following lecture, albeit wholly out of his element. The paranoia returned as they were abruptly shuffled into the library. He didn't want to reveal his nervous thinking again to Theo and Willow, fearing being categorized as chronically worried, but it seemed he wasn't the only one thinking it.

"I don't know - but Templars in my experience aren't embarrassed to cause a scene in the pursuit of criminals," he said quietly, memory flashing to the day he himself was arrested for existing, now a lifetime ago. "This all seems more choreographed if that is what's happening..." And if they'd known enough to slip him an invitation...why not arrest them from their safehouse? He thought - he hoped - something else entirely was going on.

Art looked around casually; the massive multi-storey room dwarfed even this large group of visitors. Perhaps they three could slowly fade into the back of the whispering crowd and dodge out a second exit if need be.

Justine Ferra
Interacting with : Anthea Ferreira Elvario
Mentions :

Justine did write down all the other information from the other lecturers, as well. All the information was categorized slightly by their names since most of the information came from Anthea's colleagues. In the back of her mind, something was bothering her a bit much. ' Uhh, I do hope everything is alright. I do wonder what's going on with everyone; what has happened to cause Laframboise to leave? This library is pretty nice looking, though.' Justine thought with her pointer finger on her cheek, trying to make sense of what's going on. She didn't really feel like anything could come from this interruption and was slightly confused.

There was a shiver down Justine's spine since she felt that Anthea was going to do something, whatever that might be. However, Anthea did had an interesting hypothesis about what happened to Sunderlake Isle. She looked towards Anthea for the reason of being notified by her idea and plan. " I suppose you are right wouldn't be a good idea to be sidelined so easily. Yeah, let's get on this mystery." Justine responded to Anthea's plan with a smile. She was more interested in what is going on about Sunderlake Isle's mysterious happenstance over a pretty library.

Justine followed Anthea, who was walking towards LaFramboise; she allowed Anthea to speak first to her colleague. It made her sigh at how forcible Anthea was, but it's always better not to be a pretty picture without speaking. " I am Anthea's assistant since I got a contract from the Templar Knights to help her in everything she doth requires. I also want to help as a citizen from a particularly noble house called the House of Ferra. My family does help the Templars in whatever task they require, and I want to help my sister in the Templar Knights to get a better rank." Justine spoke with a very respectful tone. She wants to help her younger sister most of all, so she took this contract because, in all honesty, she is incredibly bored and wants to get her frustrations out. As long as her sword has blood on it, which will make her feel alive compared to all the other times, she hasn't. ' It frustrates me so much… Mother… I miss you. Why did you have to do that in front of me? I miss her so much...' Justine thought with a slightly frustrated look on her face, but it is like she's self-reflecting somewhat.

Revan/Cansu
Beaureve Mansion​

Revan followed his scaled friend along the line of various offerings the kitchen had provided. He had become perhaps a little bit jealous of Fa Leng's extra appendages with which to eat, but he made up for that with foregoing most of the utensil hands in lieu of eating a fair few things with just his hands, a common occurrence for him outside of fancy parties, but perhaps not the most polite thing to do in civilized company... he got quite a few stares as he man-handled cuts of meat and various other delicacies with his clawed hands, sometimes eating whole servings in one bite. That wasn't to say he didn't enjoy the food, he loved it, and could taste the distinct flavors, he'd just... been trained to eat this sort of way by experience. It was a hard habit to break. Regardless of the looks, he was certainly enjoying himself. He could get used to this fine-dining thing!

When Fa Leng pointed out a rather peculiar and pungent pie, Revan nodded firmly. "It's a part of this spread, so it has to be good right? It smells really good... I wonder why nobody has touched it yet?", he wondered aloud as he made his way into the empty space surrounding the pie and cut out a slice of the fishy entrée, releasing even more of the pie's unique stench as he opened it up, further widening the radius at which people would tolerate it's smell. Revan, of course, did not notice at all as he brought a slice onto his plate and then took a bite. "Wow, yeah, this is damn good!", he answered, sharing his favorable review with Fa Leng before looking around to notice the lack of a crowd in a radius around the pie... at this party, he'd kind of gotten used to being surrounded by people, so it was strange to be in a pocket of space like this... it drew him to look around, and he found that fairy from before hovering a distance away, above the eyes of the party.

It seemed it was time to go, though, as Fa Leng had noticed a man who'd come to get them... well, it wouldn't hurt to make them wait just a little while, right? This wouldn't take too long... So, he turned to Fa Leng and got his attention as he followed the man. "Hey, uh, just let them know I won't be too long. I know where to go, just need a moment before I'm ready, you know?", he asked, scratching the back of his head hoping that the scaled man would make some kind of assumption and understand. Perhaps that he needed to wash up or use the bathroom or something. Perhaps washing up would not be such a bad idea... beastmen might not mind, but perhaps a wealthy employer would be dissatisfied with the bits of sauce, grease, and crumbs littering his chest and mouth.

Once he'd made his vague excuse, he turned in the direction of the floating creature who'd menaced that bounty hunter earlier, and made his way there, making sure not to obviously look at her, in case she was looking as well. Thankfully she wasn't in some place he couldn't get to, and all it would take was a little hop, and... with lightning-quick reflexes, she was in his clutches. He used to catch birds in a similar fashion when he was younger, right of the branches or when they took flight, so this wasn't such a difficult trial for him, thankfully. Once he had her in his grasp, he kept her hidden close to his chest as he found a nice corner of the room to question her, his grip firm, but not painful to prevent her from flying away. Once he'd finally gotten to his destination, he lifted her up a bit to look into her face. "So, what's the deal?", he asked. A question about nothing specific, but surely she'd understand that this was her opportunity to explain herself, right?

Cansu's search-quest for stairs somehow made her end back up at the party. She'd been trying her best to keep hovering out of sight over everyone, but eventually got distracted when an awful stench filled her nostrils that almost made her poor fairy wings give out. As she was doing her best not to barf out the entire interior of her body, she suddenly felt something grab her out of the air. Realizing her enemies had used a type of chemical warfare called fish-pie against her, she was about to cause one last rainstorm before being crushed alive. A familiar voice and the lack of being crushed stopped her. Revan didn't sound all that hostile, but just to be sure, Cansu used her Freedom of Thought magic on him. In the rare case the beast-man was still being mind-controlled, that should stop it.

With that out of the way, it was time to confront him... Wait, no, that'd be a bad idea. 'What was the saying again? Don't confront the hand that can crush you?' She couldn't come up with a good lie on the spot, but something told her the truth might still save her. Or it would get her killed. "You tell me. Why are you making friends with slavers?"

"Me, friends with a filthy slaver? You're trying to piss me off, aren't you?", he almost snarled, the jab of hers obviously touching a very sensitive nerve. His hands accidentally squeezed her tighter in his anger, but he got things under control before he hurt the little fairy, letting her insult slide. "Are you just here to cause trouble then? Something tells me you're not. I haven't got all day, though, and if your goal is to be a nuisance, well… I wouldn't be too heartbroken about handing you over to the lords of this mansion. I'm sure they're looking for you.", he stated sternly, warning her not to test his patience further. "So, out with it. What are you up to here?"

Cansu resisted the urge to shout 'bad dog' when she was starting to feel a little cramped in Revan's hand. Even so, she was still pretty upset at him, for he was truly a bad doggo. "There's a woman here with a scar across her eye. She tried to put me in a bottle and sell me, and now you say you might do the same?!? These people are horrible people. I'm almost sure that there are Morphi people, if that women or the people running this aren't part of those as well. I even made magic that stops mind-control to deal with those collars of theirs in case I run into people forced to wear those. Did you know they do that? They just take away people's minds! That's even worse than just capturing them! So..." She had to take a few deep breaths to not pass out from getting a little bit too worked up. "So what are you up to? I really thought you'd be fighting these people after breaking free..." There was a sliver of hope left. "Wait, are you here to investigate them as well?"

"Sell you? That's rich. I have no desire to do such a thing. Just the thought makes my skin crawl. No, I'd just give you up to them, since you've already caused a scene, here.", he sighed, shaking his head. "Anyway, it seems we've gotten off on the wrong foot then. I want nothing to do with Morphi. Only a fool would think I would willingly work for them. No, I am here to seek assistance in crushing the boss of this town's branch, and finding out some answers as to how I can free my people who've been shipped here.", he explained. "It would seem that the Beaureve's and Morphi's interests might align, given that one of their lords is a polymorph and all… but I still need to see this through to the end.", he told her, opening his hands to let her free. "You're on thin ice around here, if you're interested in going to the meeting I'm about to attend, I could hide you…", he reached up to his shoulder and tapped on the skull that rested there. "I've already spent enough time here, so make your choice."

Selling her or giving her up to slavers. Was there even a difference, other than whether Revan would earn something in return? Cansu didn't think so. At least he cleared some things up afterwards. He did seem to be investigating here, in some way at least. She didn't really know what to make of his offer. "I'm a fairy, I'm on thin ice anywhere." Then again, the beastman was pretty big and strong, he just didn't seem to be all that clever. Well... she wasn't really one to talk after splashing someone just moments ago either, so she figured they might as well be foolish together. In a worst case scenario, she could probably figure out a way to escape after causing a rainstorm. "Alright, but if they really are Morphi, I still think we should kill them the first chance we get."

"As soon as you have the ability to make that happen, you can make that choice. Until then, I'll decide when and who I'll be killing. I'm not going to throw my life away here in this mansion just because they're working with Morphi. I'll just have to deal with them later. My only goal right now is their boss here in Montacier.", he stated, his eyes burning with determination at that last sentence, before he adjusted the skull on his shoulder, and stuffed her inside. Thankfully the cavity inside was just big enough for her, even if it probably wasn't that comfortable. She said that she'd been bottled before though, right? So it could be a lot worse.

He went to the washroom and splashed some water on his face and cleaned his chest a little before leaving and heading to the direction he'd seen Fa Leng go, whispering to the skull on his shoulder as he did so. "Don't do anything stupid in there, okay? Just shut up and listen. Cause any trouble for me, and it won't be only Morphi you have to fear, got it?", he warned, hoping to scare her off of any ideas of splashing someone the moment they announced they were Morphi. Though, on that note, the idea that anyone in the Beaureves would mention something like that to potential contractors on a first meeting was laughable. He simply shook his head and caught up with Fa Leng as quickly as he could, missing the first bits of conversation as he made his way into the meeting, perhaps being the last one to arrive… what an impression he'd made tonight.

Interactions: @Elvario, @ERode

Erica
Montacier Academy
The ritual had taken... a little longer than she had anticipated... but oh well. She'd managed to finish it in time for the lecture, but now it seemed she'd have no chance to speak with the lecturer after it was over, now that it'd been interrupted. It seemed something was amiss, given the behavior of the people running the event, and the mobilization of the templars... Despite their attempts to make it appear otherwise, the corralling of the attendees into the library was an obvious measure to lock down the event. Someone or something was causing a stir here. She could only hope she wouldn't be caught up in another fight like on the train... for now, she did as she was asked, and looked for a book to entertain herself in the meantime, probably getting some strange looks as her copy followed her around.

"Sasha. It's nice to meet you too," Sasha greeted the mysterious man who had made Revan so uncomfortable just moments before. She resisted the urge to cover her neck with her hand as she saw his eyes flick towards her polymorph tattoo. The top of her tattoo was just barely visible above the collar of her shirt. With her hair in the way, it was should have been almost impossible to notice unless you knew what to look for. Despite his words indicating he was a friend to polymorphs, his cryptic message afterwards about Revan made her skin crawl.

The strange exchange however, was quickly forgotten with the feasting that took place afterwards. Sasha walked around to every table, sampling every dish. It was her first time having "fine dining." Although she carried a plate with her, the majority of the food went straight into her mouth. More than once a staff member asked her to "Please refrain from using your fork to serve yourself and use the provided serving spoons." At the same time, various pastries and fruits were stuffed into her pockets. Never know when you could use a snack. Most of the food was delicious. Some of it was too posh or rich, and some of it was just weird like the fish pie. After about thirty minutes or so Jacques came and told her it was time to meet Lord Beaureve.

The first she noticed upon entering the room was Addrick. She did her best to keep her face neutral and avoid eye contact with him. Maybe he wouldn't mention their previous encounter.

@Flame @Polaris North

Jacques Lumoise
Interacting with: @Flame @ItariChan @Elvario @ERode

Jacques had approached Sasha and Revan and the little group that had formed, giving them all a small nod before idling away by sampling a few pieces of the feast that was laid down for the guests. His mind was occupied with the deal that would be going underway to provide safe passage outside of the city for the group. But exactly how much of his information should he be willing to give? There was a danger that came with the information and he'd rather not have another group hunting them down for more resources. He eventually found himself against the wall, taking out a piece of paper and began to jot down important notes about said research. Maybe a comprehensive and concise document would benefit them more than just his words.

He looked up at the butler who came to tell him that it was time for the meeting. He stifled a sigh and headed over to Sasha, ushering her with him. It's been quite some time since the start of the party - Addrick likely already took notice of them anyway. They weren't removed from the premises immediately so Jacques considered that as a good sign. He spotted Revan and the group also making their way up. So it seems they would all be collected - he wondered what for. He thought this would be something top secret but...

The others entered first and he slipped in with them. He stood beside Sasha as the mercenaries were regarded first. He kept his hands folded behind his back and patiently waited for his turn.

LaFramboise kept walking at a hurried pace as he answered. "Princess Ferreira, I am sure you are quite the capable scientist," the man started, with condescension sneaking through every syllable. "But we do not need any help." He stopped suddenly just as they reached the door, and turned to the two. "Miss... Ferra, is it?" he sputtered. "You will not be helping your sister by making her a suspect, now will you?" He only seemed to realize what he had let slip a few moments later. He let out a sigh and composed himself. "If you care about your lady's standing, I would ask that neither of you stall me any longer."

---

Anthea didn't have particularly long toes, but LaFramboise managed to ram his pompous heel straight into them. With a mischievous grin, she replied. "Ah, my apologies, you're probably correct. You don't need help, you need someone to take over and fix the mess you've made, don't you? Don't worry, I'll be sure to pull some strings so they'll let me. I just hope the damage won't be so severe that I'll have to get our superiors to fire you. That would be quite a shame, now wouldn't it?" She was still trying to figure out what exactly he meant by making someone a suspect. Was it a threat, a warning or a slip-up that this guy was up to no good? All of those options were too interesting to miss out on.

---
In terms, Justine could definitely tell the condescending tone oozing from LaFramboise's tone when addressing Anthea. It felt as if he wasn't happy at being stopped at this moment since he definitely did look like he was in a rush. He turned toward them and addressed her. " Yes, Sir LaFramboise." Justine answered the sputtering Templar Knight. What came out of his mouth made her quite a great shock; what does that even mean making her sister a suspect in what exactly. Not like her sister would go against the Templar Knights in any capacity, which made her sigh. However, she did notice LaFramboise putting up a confident facade, which means he's uncharacteristically uneasy. To Justine, it felt like LaFramboise threatened her little sister, but she wouldn't threaten him back since that would definitely hurt her sister more. " U-Um, I shall allow you to go then, LaFramboise. I hope you have a good rest of your day, sir." Justine said with a definite shock to her system. She humbly curtsy towards LaFramboise in terms of her standing as a Noble. ' Ugh, I hope I didn't hurt my little sister's standing in the Templar Knights. That would hurt the most. I am trying my best, brother, and sister.' Justine thought with her facepalming to herself about what happened to her big mouth. She sighed a bit deeper in regret and backed up slightly from LaFramboise.

---

LaFramboise's face turned as red as his namesake upon hearing the threat from the princess. His brow furrowed as his frown grew. "You. Will. Stay. Here," he said, pointing at the princess' face. "Elle! Louis!" He turned back and the two Templar Knights standing outside opened the doors. The moment he walked through the door, the two knights stepped between the man and the two. The knights stepped into the library, and slammed the door closed, standing firmly in front of the exit. The taller, burlier knight stood with a halberd in one hand, held up straight, glancing at the two in front of them, clearly not used to having to angle his vision upward to look at anyone. The shorter knight was still fairly tall, almost exactly half-way between the heights of Anthea and Justine, didn't have any weapons in hand, but had a longsword at her hip and a round shield at her back.

---

Oh, how her brave companion slithered away in the face of the first difficulties. Anthea still hadn't quite figured out what to think of Justine, but didn't give her any points. With how the Templar's stood before the door, Anthea almost felt like she was being imprisoned. Wait. Was she? The thought suddenly crossed her mind. That'd be rather inconvenient. She like her freedom, which was the entire point of trying to sneak away from her workshop, after all. She clicked her tongue, as she faced the two guards. It was time to see how persuasive she could be. "I'll be honest, I don't have much confidence in your employer, and unless the two of you can say you've got absolute faith in him, there's no harm in getting me up to date with what's going on. It'll allow me to put in a good word for you when all of this goes south due to his stubborn refusal to accept the help he clearly needs." She didn't sound as convincing as she hoped to be (persuasion roll of 14), but she got her key argument across.

---

Justine couldn't help but shake her head at what's going on right now; it seems as if Anthea really pissed off LaFramboise with that threat. ' Seriously? Are you kidding me… This feels like a bit of a misnomer on the part of Anthea.' Justine thought with her deeply sighing at this whole situation. She did notice the two Templar Knights, which came through the door after LaFramboise left, both of them are taller than her. Templar Knights always come in twos or sometimes an army, if it deems so, only because of those cretins, the polymorph. She stayed where she was, not to make any sudden movements since it wouldn't be a good idea to piss off them. However, Justine noticed Anthea clicked her tongue and chatted to the two Templar Knights, trying to be as helpful as possible. She sighed and shook her head in a bit of disbelief at the whole situation. " Uh, Anthea, why are you trying to make the Templar Knights angrier? Even though you are apart of them, as a clockwork researcher and a princess. How LaFramboise acted, he didn't like what you said at all." Justine spoke towards Anthea. She is supposed to protect Anthea as a bodyguard, but her curiosity got the better of her, which makes this situation really tense. Even more so than the lockdown of the city, nonetheless.

---

The two Templars shared a brief glance, and turned back to Anthea. While their faces were blocked by their helmets, they were somehow able to communicate their raised eyebrows. "My ladies," said the woman knight, a slightly foreign accent on her voice. "We can assure you that you have naught to worry about." The larger knight nodded in agreement. "Please enjoy the library until Ser LaFramboise returns."

---

Anthea wasn't sure what to reply to Justine, until she figured she'd just give it to her plain. "Of course he didn't like it, but he seems to be the type of man that needs a little motivation to accept some help." A grin spread across Anthea's lips, as she came up with a devious plan. She'd explain everything to Justine just as it was, and if the guards were to listen in on their conversation, that'd be merely a very convent 'side-effect' of their personal, albeit pretty loud and one-sided, conversation. "Don't you think it's strange? Our esteemed colleague was talking about unearthing the Clockworker with such a passion that something terrible must've come up for him to interrupt his sharing of such a glorious finding, and of course it'd stand to reason that it has to be something he'd personally be involved in. Now, think along here, what did we discuss that might present such a problem?" The question was rhetorical, so Anthea didn't wait long before continuing. "By LaFramboise's own admittance, the Clockworker was made to complete some sort of function to prevent some sort of cataclysm on Sunderlake Isle, and he admitted it was even designed to block any changes to its original purposes, going as far as to try to escape the airship. LaFramboise even admitted that this might have very well been part of it's design! Doesn't that suggest the ones that build it were very worried about anything that could prevent it from doing it's duty? Now, what did LaFramboise do by bringing it here, for us to see?" Once again, it was rhetorical. "He stopped it from being able to perform its duty, and even mentioned tremors on Sunderlake Isle. Against proper theory, and going along with the waves of carelessness, he decided to simply assume Sunderlake Isle would somehow fix itself, even though he might have taken away the very key to what was keeping the Isle stable! Doesn't the possibility excite you? Our esteemed colleague might be called away to talk about increasing troubles on Sunderlake Isle, while his very actions may have helped cause them! He might be fighting his pride as a researcher by not admitting to it, trying to block out all others from confirming this theory, but only making things worse in the process." It was about time to stop preaching and wrap things up. "And that, my dear assistant, is why I don't really mind angering him, not if it helps preventing him from letting his pride lead him to his ruin, and why I'm hoping our dear colleagues here will understand the severity of the situation." She finally addressed the two guards more directly while uttering the last sentence, although it was clear the entire lecture was mostly meant for their ears.

---

Justine had her spine shiver slightly with how Anthea replied to her as plain. She somewhat rolled her eyes because Ser LaFramboise was probably not a person to piss off. " Sometimes, motivation is better if you use positive reinforcement instead of the blatant threat you tried with Ser LaFramboise, Anthea." Justine spoke towards Anthea kindly. She shivered when she noticed Anthea's grin on her lips, which in the back of her head means nothing good. In the back of her mind, she wondered what type of devious plan Anthea had. ' Oh great, hopefully, she's not going to tease me again… because ugh…' Justine thought with her hand on her forehead and shaking her head, trying to understand what's going through Anthea's head. However, what she got in return for what Anthea was trying to do was turn a lecture, which disallowed her to get any responses since she was talking, talking, and always talking. She wondered what the Templar Knights would think about Anthea's lengthy lecture because they responded to them and enjoyed the Library. After all the talking, Justine just took a slight second to sigh deeply. " You should've been a teacher, Anthea… instead of a Clockworker Engineer. I feel like I went back over what Ser LaFramboise said previously. Still, with a different lecturer…" Justine spoke, emphasizing feel since it felt like a retread of what she wrote down. However, she looked at the two Templar Knights after all that and sighed. In terms, she should write down somewhere on the notes to not try to get another lecture from the princess again. Anthea didn't give her a chance to talk at all; however, she wondered what type of speech her sister got from this clockwork researcher. " Thank you, I will enjoy the Library, Elle and Louis." Justine spoke towards Templar Knights kindly. She did smile kindly towards the two Templar Knights as well.

---

The two knights shared a subtle look with each other. Louis seemed to be about to say something, but stopped himself upon catching the other knight's gaze.

---

Talk about a disappointment... That entire speech got nothing out of the guards? She almost got one of them, somewhat, maybe, but come on! Needlessly to say, Anthea wasn't happy, so she sighed deeply. "Well, if you change your minds, you'll know were to find me. Please don't wait until it's too late." She gave them a wink after saying what she had to say, before turning around and walking away a few paces.

She then turned towards Justine. "That didn't go well, but considering we're stuck here, we might as well make the most of it. Soooo..." The prolonged 'so' promised something devious. "How about you help me find some books about Clockwork mechanisms and magickfuel? Anything published less than a year ago will do, the rest I've probably read already. Oh, and anything on artificial consciousness that's published within the last three years, for as long as it's by someone reputable enough to write more than philosophical nonsense."

---

Justine was grateful that Anthea didn't push the issue any further with the Templar Knights. She rolled her eyes slightly at the whole situation of hearing Anthea deeply sigh after not getting raised out of the Templar Knights that were doing their job. Obviously, Justine followed Anthea away from the exit door to the Library to further into the library. ' I must say, that was nerve-racking. Does Anthea always do this?' Justine thought with a question deep inside of her thoughts. However, what happened next made Justine sigh and shake her head because of the length, so at the end of what Anthea said. " You Could've better read the situation, Anthea. What are you planning now?" Justine questioned Anthea mostly because it made her shiver down her spine somewhat with the prolonged so. However, it was mundane searching for books, which makes it up her alley since she is Anthea's assistant. " Thought you were going to tease me again or something. In terms, these books you want Anthea sound simple enough to find." Justine spoke with a bit of a reassuring smile on her face. In terms, this is a much simpler task than trying to find a needle in a haystack since there's a reference guide and a Librarian to help as well. " Libraries are quite fun." Justine spoke out loud to no one in particular, as it was a rhetorical statement since she does quite enjoy reading a good book once in a while.

Collab With: Laframbroise, Louis and Elle Sketching101, Anthea Elvario, and Justine Holy R. Enigma

Montacier, Academy Library - 14:10
June 16th, 1532

As the minutes passed, the crowd started to disperse more throughout the gigantic library. Among the lecturers, Sonya Kristoff and Carla Méndez were seated together at one of the tables, with a few of the older students who were studying at the library gathering around them, while Dupond Dupont and Rayan Gutiérrez seemed to be nowhere near the entrance.

Just as Arturo was ruminating about what was happening, the sound of metal clanking hurriedly approached behind him. A large, cold grip clasped his collarbone from behind. It was one of the two Templar knights who were guarding the doors. "Sir!" boomed the voice from under the helmet. Theo jumped at the sudden outburst, turning to see who had approached the two in uneasy anticipation. The moment he caught a glimpse of Arturo's face, he continued. "I knew I saw you!" He let go of the man and shuffled around with the halberd in his hand. "Mr. Leone!" he said cheerfully, lifting the visor of his helmet, revealing a smooth skinned young man with a long face and bush, brown eyebrows. "Fancy meeting you here, sir. What brings you to Montacier?" This cheerful young man was Louis Plumhart, a lowborn knight among the Templarate, and a squire until only recently. He was often assigned to see to the protection of many of the scientists and engineers among the Templars, until his knighting a few years prior.

A distant noise of glass shattering stole everyone's attention for a brief moment. Despite the anticipation from most of the people in the library, there was no follow-up to this sudden noise, and most of the residents of the library turned back to what they were doing. The knight standing by the door briefly peeked out into the hall to see if there was anything there. She glared at her companion, who had excused himself to go speak to an old acquaintance. After a few moments of consideration, she hastily walked away from the door and further into the library from where the sound had come, leaving the doors unattended.

Montacier, Beaureve Mansion - 22:05
June 15th, 1532
Mentions/Relevant: @Elvario
Interactions: @ItariChan, @Polaris North, @ERode, @Flame

Pablo scrutinized the hulking, draconic, four armed man in front of him. "A pleasure," he said with a wry smile. He slowly stood up and took a few paces toward the man. "Fa Leng Eishandar, hm? That's a rather strange name. Noble, but strange. Are you--?" His voice trailed off as Revan walked in soon behind him. "Ah, Revan! We can get started, then," Adryen said, half standing up.
"Perhaps a few more moments," Pablo hastily added, not turning away from Fa Leng. Adryen pursed his lips as he sat back down in quiet frustration. Addrick stood up to his full height just as Jacques and Sasha walked in.

Addrick's face lit up with a mischievous grin as he quickly sidled up to his two acquaintances. "Well, well, isn't this a treat?" he said with a hearty laugh. He put a hand on Sasha's shoulder. "I've got to say, I'm impressed the two of you made it all the way here." He made a dismissive gesture with his free hand. "Oh, cheer up friends. Water under the bridge, right?" He gestured to Jacques. "I forgive you for working for my half-brother." He gestured to Sasha, patting her on the back and walking away. "And your friends and I made up already. I forgave your lot that day too. I'm sure you can forgive me for your little friends." After a brief moment, he chuckled as he remembered the morning of the day of their escape from Sunderlake Isle.

Pablo loudly cleared his throat. "Now that you're all here, we can start," he said. At this, Addrick nodded and stood aside. "We have a business proposition for each of you, on behalf of the Beaureve family, and our prince, Addrick Beaureve." Addrick's smile subtly widened. "In exchange for wealth, comfort, and power, we would like to enlist your services as men and women of martial prowess for the years to come." He gestured for Addrick to continue.

Untitled_Artwork.png
"I aimed to leave for the capital next week, but as you know, entrance and exit to and from the city are restricted. The man behind a lot of this commotion, I suspect, would be my half-brother. So!" He clapped his hands together. "Help me take my city back from that weasel Thibault, and I promise to carry you all up the ladder that leads to the Royal Palace in Cartetoile."

Anthea Ferreira

Interactions: Arturo Leone @Jess Incognito | Louis Plumhart @Sketching101

Books were only interesting to a certain degree, so when Anthea spotted the guards moving, the writing quickly lost its first place on her to-check-out list. In fact, the now unguarded door was certainly beginning to look very inviting... However! She didn't wish to deal with the stubbornness of LaFramboise again, and she would much rather wait until he'd beg her to help out later on, or until he'd drown in his own watery grave that might be the new Sunderlake Isle.

There was another particular thing that caught her eyes, or rather her ears. She overheard the guard, who had brushed her off not that long ago, being really excited about meeting... Wait? He was meeting the guy she was technically meant to meet herself, wasn't he? After the realization hit, she could only consider one course of action. She wasn't the most jealous type, but being brushed off only to have the same person fawn over a colleague of hers was a bit of a sting. That said, she could catch two birds with one stone, if she played her cards right.

She took her fanciest of drones, the healing one, out of one of the many pockets hidden away in her uniquely extravagant attire, after which she approached Arturo and Louis. "Ah, mister Leone, sorry for the interruption, and it's pleasure to meet you. I'm Anthea Ferreira, a Clockworker researcher among the Templars. I was actually hoping to find you, although I would have never expected it to be in these circumstances, I was hoping to discuss this little one right here." She held up her drone for both Arturo and Louis to see and hopefully admire, after which she continued. "In my attempts to recreate a Clockworker, I ended up making these drones, which rely on both nature and life magic to give them a form of pseudo-sentience that allows them to act independent, at least they do so after having gained some basic commands. Sadly enough, I must admit there is still a lot to improve upon, especially with regards to the more technical and mechanical sides, which is why I'd love to gain some feedback from a famous engineer such as yourself. If you'd be willing to spare some of your time in the near future, that'd be wonderful."