Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Mystery
cxSwjh3.png

|| About Magic || World Lore || Spell Index || Character Index || IC || OOC || Part 1 || Part 2 ||

gMyh58t.jpg

Credit to ivanlaliashvili

Are you looking for an action filled adventure? Do you want to cast reality bending magic with your pastry skills, or become a dragon? Do you want to explore how societies can be built? Or perhaps you simply want to have a magical jailbreak? Well, then, do I have something for you! (Yes, yes I do)

Welcome to the interest check for the Map & Compass Pt. 2, set in a world of magic, steampunk, and monsters.

In Map & Compass Pt. 1, our party of unlikely allies, made up of Templars, anarchists, pirates, disgraced nobility, scientists, and royalty, managed to escape the prison island just as disaster erupted. For the next part of our story, we're looking for writers interested in helping us weave the rest of this tale with their characters.

If you wish to learn more about the world the RP is set in, check out the Lore page, or just ask me below/PM!

Where does part 2 start?
Only hours after the catastrophe that occurred at the prison of Sunderlake Isle, a train carrying the new members of our cast, be they stow-aways hitching a ride, wealthy nobles, princes, and princesses making their way home from the Royal Academy in light of the disappearance of the king. Among these passengers are a number of people who most definitely do not belong, including the escapees from Sunderlake Isle. And the rest…

Xm4EDrm.jpg

Are you a princess bent on taking the throne? A commoner with an illegal interest in magic? Or perhaps an archeologist looking to unravel the mystery of the clockworkers?
Whoever you choose to be, I look forward to writing this story with you!​

FAQ
Q: Are there going to be any stats/dice rolls?
A: Kind of. There will be some soft-RPG elements, but there's no super intricate system in place right now. Dice rolls will be used a lot for social situations, and possibly some combat situations.

Q: Is Discord chat mandatory?
A: Yes, because this RP relies a lot on plotting the story as a group. I want to be able to easily communicate with everyone in order to better integrate characters' backstories into the main plot and see if anyone wants to do anything for their characters. It's simply a lot easier if we can organize using Discord rather than only communicate over Iwaku.

Q: Can you tell me more about XYZ aspects of the lore?
A: Yes! If you PM me here, or post your question below I can provide more detailed information about most things. I would also encourage you all to take part in the world building, either through writing your backstory, or generally expanding the established lore.

Q: Do I need to know anything about part 1?
A: No, not at all! You can go into this arc completely blind about any past posts.

Players From Part 1: @fish-writer - Silbur, @ItariChan - Sasha, @Jess Incognito - Arturo, @TheQueensGuard - Omen, @Polaris North - Willow, @Polaris North - Jacques

@Drone and @Pupperr: You had shown interest last time I posted this interest check. Sadly, some unexpected circumstances made it impossible for me to continue working on the project for some time. However, the RP is now back, and I hope you're still interested!

Last edited:
The setting's amazing and the core ideas are solid. Competent GM too, can personally attest. 10/10 highly recommended. Come join, you absolute legends!

Wow, I can see a lot of effort was put into this! There's a lot of info to take in, but I'd be happy to join! I still have plenty of questions before I'd set about making my own character, but just reading what I have so far has made me super hyped!

Reactions: Sketching101
Wow, I can see a lot of effort was put into this! There's a lot of info to take in, but I'd be happy to join! I still have plenty of questions before I'd set about making my own character, but just reading what I have so far has made me super hyped!
Hello! I'd be happy to answer your questions here, through PMs, or through the Discord group!

Sounds super cool would be interested in joining if still open!

Reactions: Sketching101
If you have a spot open you have me intrigued and wishing to join.
I'm sorry, I forgot to mark the interest check as full :( We're full for the time being, after we got our 10th player.