1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Mystery
gods_of_the_past_2_by_mrfloki-dbmdf30.jpg

[font=Courier_New]What is Map and Compass?[/font]
Players will create "Daemons", a naturally gifted species of hunters who are often hired as mercenaries. The cities of the world are protected by the influential Church's magic and the unholy Daemons' counterparts, Seraphs. While Seraphs and Daemons aren't ordinary denizens when it comes to strength and magical abilities, unlike what their names suggest, they're still as mortal as anyone.

[font=Courier_New]Species of Plateau[/font]
Strayskins are the predominant species in the Orcish Clans. They are generally more physically imposing than their fellow denizens due to their larger builds and horns. Strayskins get their name from the great variety of skin colour they have among their own people, including colours like the pale hues of red, green, blue and grey. Their horns often vary in size: sometimes they're ridiculously large and sometimes they're not even noticeable. According to the Church, strayskins are the creations of Lox.
half_orc_archer_by_lord_of_the_guns-dbeocho.png
orc_and_cat_by_varguy-d9xbz8o.jpg

Elves are nimble and lean. Physically they aren't very different from humans. The only immediately distinguishing qualities are their long pointy ears and pale skins. According to the Church, elves are the ancestors of both strayskins and humans.
ce2e74b1433e80039da508d17ec7adbe.jpg
ice_design_2_by_wlop-d8h5d6x.jpg

Humans are physically very close to elves. According to the Church, humans were molded from the elves by the Creator.
human_by_kotorikurama-da3kwhu.jpg
a_guy_and_a_bear_by_njay-dbe6duj.jpg

Half-Bloods are the combinations of multiple species. Such people have varying attributes of both their parents' species. Half-bloods get attributes from their parents semi-randomly. That is to say, two half-bloods of the same two species might look completely different and might be confused to be of two different species. So, if an elf and a strayskin have two children, one might be large like a strayskin but fair skinned like an elf, and the other could be lean like an elf but horned and red like a strayskin.
feral_monk_by_lord_of_the_guns-db61lhb.jpg

ram_by_guweiz-da9itp0.jpg
ranger_danger_by_lord_of_the_guns-dbcb095.png

Daemons look nearly identical to the other species of Plateau with the exception of the natural marks along their bodies. Daemons are natural Polymorphs and Unholy Magic users. Their Polymorphy makes them especially suitable for hunting Creatures since they're able to absorb some of the powers of the game they hunt. Otherwise, they're physically stronger and more durable than their common counterparts.
daemons___different_species_by_sketching101-dc27vn9.jpg

Seraphs are similar to Daemons in appearance, but most Seraphs that work in the open are easy on the eyes, so to speak. Nearly all known Seraphs are humans or elves. Unlike Daemons, they are natural Holy Magic and while they're Polymorphs as well, very few Seraphs know how to use that gift since the Church doesn't want them to be seen as monsters like Daemons.
character_concept___seraph_by_sketching101-dc1sfvv.jpg

[font=Courier_New]Polymorphy, Magic System, and Weapon Forging[/font]
polymorph_concept_by_sketching101-dc244ok.jpg

Polymorphy abilities are increased by consuming Creatures. Some Creatures might have weak skin but can become semi-transparent, while others might have naturally venomous body or greater senses. Polymorphs would be able to wield the power of one consumed Creature at a time to keep things balanced. Perhaps there could be different slots for different kinds of abilities: So that division could be passive skill, temporary polymorphy, and an additional elemental affinity. So one could have aspects of multiple Creatures at a time to build a more fun set.

The magic system isn't fully fleshed out, but I was thinking that spells could be cast through drawn formulae. So someone could cast a spell by drawing in the air or they could enchant weapons by marking on them, though there would be a limit to how many enchantments weapons can take depending the material.

Weapons would be forged using magic and corpses of Creatures as material. The more powerful the Creature, the more enchantments one could put on it.

[font=Courier_New]Looking for help![/font]
I want to make this as enjoyable as possible so I want everyone involved to help somehow. For example, if you want some aspect of your character's arc to appear in the story, I want that to be possible. Every character should be essential to the story in one way or another, so I'm hoping if you're interested, you'll help make that a reality.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Last edited:
Reactions: yasei no shika
This is interesting and I'm curious as to how this world came to be and what is its history. I am a bit confused about the distinction of Daemons and Seraphs from the others, but I do have a bit of understanding - just confused.

This is interesting and I'm curious as to how this world came to be and what is its history. I am a bit confused about the distinction of Daemons and Seraphs from the others, but I do have a bit of understanding - just confused.
Daemons and Seraphs are practically altered versions of regular denizens. So they have natural affinities towards certain kinds of magic (polymorphy and holy/unholy magic) and are generally physically stronger and more durable. This is so that players can have more freedom in tackling difficult situations. So if we have to fight a group of people with our group of --say, five--, we will be able to go against more menacing obstacles. Their existence is explained by the predominant religion, but the real explanation is something that is not known IC.
When I talk about *markings on the body*, I mean this:
teacher___character_concept_by_sketching101-dbs5o3l.jpg

daemon_by_sketching101-dc2lux8.jpg

Daemons are portrayed by the church as the incarnations of evil, and the Seraphs are used as a kind of propaganda machine. They're practically one and the same except Seraphs are born with the ability to use Holy Magic while Daemons are born with the ability to use Unholy Magic. Seraphs are almost all part of the Church. The reason they exist has to do with the origins of the religion and the world, but it's not immediately clear what it is.

OOC wise, I came up with Daemons to give a more interesting set for players to play around with, and the Seraphs to have people who are on par with the characters and will prove to be very dangerous adversaries to the player controlled character group on their adventures. I hope that clarifies it somewhat, but if not, please ask away! :)

Okay. That's cool. What I'm getting from it is that we'll learn more as our characters delve deeper into the roleplay. Am I right? How about the monsters; will we be creating them as we go or they are established? While the magic system mentioned pertains to enchantments, how does Holy/Unholy magic work?

Okay. That's cool. What I'm getting from it is that we'll learn more as our characters delve deeper into the roleplay. Am I right? How about the monsters; will we be creating them as we go or they are established? While the magic system mentioned pertains to enchantments, how does Holy/Unholy magic work?
In regards to Creatures, there are a few that I have in mind for some of the story-related fights, but that's what I want players to get creative with. I don't have a bestiary of Creatures, so I want the players to make their own according to either what kind of ability they might want to learn or what kind of enemy they want to face.

Holy/Unholy magic are basically equal but opposite forces. Take for instance four spells, one holy and one unholy shield spell, and one holy and one unholy attacking spell. The holy shield spell would in most cases protect the user from the holy attacking spell without breaking. The same goes for unholy shield vs unholy attack. However an unholy attack would cancel out with a holy attack or a holy defense and vice versa. Think of it like this: When x is a negative number where x is a placeholder for the unholy magic's strength and y is a positive number where y is the placeholder for holy magic's strength, if x + y is negative, a weakened unholy magic would win the clash; if it's positive, the same goes for holy magic. And if it's zero, the attacks would cancel each other out.

Holy/Unholy magic is basically non-elemental magic. So it could be used for healing, attacking, making barriers etc. Probably our most prominent use of Unholy Magic outside of combat will be forging weapons and armor, but I'm thinking also that we will be using it to store weapons in a way that we won't have to carry them. So that would probably be summoning them and de-summoning them when in combat.

Hope that helps!

• Useful
Reactions: yasei no shika
I think I'll join this when this gets ironed up. Eating creatures to gain abilities tickles my dark mind

Reactions: Sketching101
I'm still working on the OOC but it should be up in no more than a week. If anyone else is interested, please ask any questions you might have below ^^

Hey~hey~^^!!

Wow. Like this sooooo totes has a feel like this video game my ex played called Fables? I think? But like maybe its cuz of the concept art.^^ And like if that's you @Sketching101 doing up those art pieces then wow! WOOOOWWS!! So impressive and all skillz-like ;DDD Wow.

So yayuh! This girlie sooooo interested fo'sho^^

But here is Boo's Regular rundown:

What is required:

~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?
~Can we play multi charries?
~Is there dice/stats use?
~are RPers all in one group or free for all?

Thanks ya~^^!!

Hey~hey~^^!!

Wow. Like this sooooo totes has a feel like this video game my ex played called Fables? I think? But like maybe its cuz of the concept art.^^ And like if that's you @Sketching101 doing up those art pieces then wow! WOOOOWWS!! So impressive and all skillz-like ;DDD Wow.

So yayuh! This girlie sooooo interested fo'sho^^

But here is Boo's Regular rundown:

What is required:

~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?
~Can we play multi charries?
~Is there dice/stats use?
~are RPers all in one group or free for all?

Thanks ya~^^!!
Ah thanks! The ones on paper are mine, yup, but not the digital drawings.

*Writing level: Well, coherent grammar is a must. I'd like for people to have the aim of writing an interesting and fun story. Otherwise, entries don't need to be particularly long, especially if it's in a post-by-post back and forth. However, if you're writing a post just for yourself or you want to go into detail on what your character is doing, write as long as you want! So, a minimum of two paragraphs for most entries (if writers can't find something to work with, that's fine. We can figure things out in those occasions) and as long as you might want for solo posts or collaborations.

*Post frequency: I know everyone has limited time so I don't want to put a strict timeline. I'd like people to keep in contact, however. If writers have difficulty keeping up with one post a week, we can adjust ourselves accordingly, but I would prefer to know when writers would be able to make an entry.

*Character art: Definitely no real photos. That's just a hang up of mine. In terms of art style, I would think pretty much anything. However, it would be best if players kept the setting in mind when looking at the character's clothing/appearance. Otherwise, I can't think of much that wouldn't be appropriate. If you lot are stuck at any point, I might try to whip a drawing up for your characters :)

*Number of RPers: This is a tricky one. I'm not really sure. I don't want to limit the number right now. If we have a lot of applicants, I might split characters up into multiple groups so that if one person goes awol, the entire RP won't get frozen. I would like some help on those kinds of policies from you guys!

*Multiple characters: Yes, multiple characters are just fine. I don't think anyone would go overboard at the very beginning, so two or three characters should be just fine.

*Dice/Stats: Sadly, I didn't make a system for that kind of combat. Still, I'm optimistic about how things are going to go since most story-track fights are bound to be PvE just due to the nature of the story I have in mind.

*Group or FFA: I definitely want there to be a group, but of course people's characters can do whatever they want. The thing is, the roads are going to be dangerous for solo-travellers (Creatures are pretty strong) but it's not impossible. I'm not a 100% sure how to keep people in a group just because I don't want everyone to be from the same place and have the same backstory, even though some aspects will inevitably be similar (characters are all Daemons, and all of them are on the southern island as of the beginning of the story) so that they will be able to meet each other and decide what to do after the initial story events happen.

I hope that helps! If not, ask again and I'll try to elaborate :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Kk sounds all goos to me^^ Just don't like the idea of dice n' stats is all. But yeah~yeah don't have no more questons so far sooooo like just waiting on OoC then ;33~

Kk sounds all goos to me^^ Just don't like the idea of dice n' stats is all. But yeah~yeah don't have no more questons so far sooooo like just waiting on OoC then ;33~
Oh, what I meant there was: No dice & stats, just regular writing combat. Looking forward to writing with you!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
You've garnered my interest. Perhaps most Deamons can only really get good work from being sellswords, thus they belong to the same mercenary Guild.