Map and Compass [Original Fantasy Adventure RP - In Character]

~~Sena Atlaxys~~

Sena didn't imagine Kalen was going to drink the creature's blood so when he asked she simply shrugged and let him do his thing. Though she did observe curiously. It did give her a bit more of an understanding of how he fought and what he excelled at. Against foes that rely on spells and magic reserves he would have a strong and obvious advantage, but with those who rely more on raw power and strength, he might not have much of a shot at least not without more tricks up his sleeves. While was busy draining the creature Sena was busy understanding the Sopia she devoured. It was an odd one but she seemed to grasp the limits of it.

As they walked she wore a near constant scowl at the sight of complete bloodshed. She wasn't accustomed to it despite the war and she hoped to never grow used to it. What was more disturbing was the lack of proper tracks as to what did all this which made her wonder if it was flying. She kept her eyes on the sky making sure nothing swoops down onto them. Still, she didn't like the building tension between the three of them. There was something on her mind that she wanted to ask since the battle. "Hey, Len." She looked to him with a less scornful expression, this time wearing one of close companionship as if speaking to a good friend. "What exactly did you do?" She asked a while showing her left palm and clenching her hand and then opening it again. "It's strange since I am right-handed but this left mark feels almost... Lighter, I suppose would be the word. When I pulled that Crawler to me I used my left hand and had no trouble creating the chain and dragging the beast to me." She placed both palms next to each other. "I can tell you altered the formula but that couldn't be all there was to it." At around that moment she noticed a little furball trailing behind his heels. "Oh looks like you attracted some company. I'd call it vermin but that one seems familiar now, doesn't it?"

Kalen Tu

After taking more than his fill in recovering mana, Kalen wiped his lips and shrugged of the mess that clung to him. His two new companions were excellent at what they did and he knew they'd be able to do many a great things if they stayed together as a group.

He stood and stretched his refreshed muscles. Despite being constantly on the look out, he allowed himself to tuned everything around this time. This time, it wasn't him tuned-out from the world - it was the world tuned out from him. He walked idly beside them, unusually care free and increasingly feeling the effects of being drunk off of consuming more mana than he usually handled.

Still, he heard what Sena asked him. It was that pet name, nickname she gave him that ticked him off. Before he could exclaim, the easy way Sena talked to him stopped his most likely inappropriate response. He hummed at the question and nodded with a small hint of joy at the good job he did.

"I've never worked with someone else's spell before but it was easy adding part of my spell to yours. Using your own mana also made it better and easier to do. That spell might be the easiest for you to used since it's attuned to your magic signature. Believe it or not, we have slight differences in our magical reserves and it's that tiny thing that makes a difference in spell efficiency."

Kalen stopped and realized he rambled on and on about mana and spell efficiency that he didn't really answer Sena's question. Fearing he might receive an unwanted jab from her, he continued, "Adding a direction for the magic to always return to helps you pull things to you much quicker. You don't really just pull on your prey anymore, you attract them to you as long as you have your spear impaled in them."

Something furry brushed on his heels and he jumped uncharacteristically. All this talk of magic formulas and efficiency, and him trying to be self-absorbed for once, made him jumpy and with a quick gesture, one stake was right on his hands - nearly impaling the tiny animal right then and there. Realizing the blunder, he berated himself, Great, and right in front of this woman too. I'll never live this down.

[/hr]

Ark Petyr

The critter kept its eyes on Kalen as it rapidly swung its small legs back and forth to keep up with the pace of the towering hunters. It showed its undergrown teeth in a show of power at Kalen upon seeing the daemon’s reaction. Proud of its ferocity, it raised its head up high and hastened its pace to walk in front of the hunter.

As they reached the peak of the high hill the road was built on, the rest of the capital city came into view. For a moment, nothing would appear out of place for a city under siege, but only a few moments later, a large silhouette shuffled around at the center of the city. It quickly settled once again, raising the dust from the rubble of the few buildings it flattened in its short-lived unrest. A stranger thing still littered the air around them. A quiet but loud, distant sound: voices. In the city, there still seemed to be people moving about. In the outer parts, there appeared to be a camp of soldiers, having survived the onslaught of Creatures relatively unscathed. There was some fighting at the walls as well, beyond the fields littered with the dead soldiers from both the Concordian Empire and the Genishian Kingdom.

"To think I’d be glad to see this bunch living and breathing," Ark muttered under his breath with a tortured grin. He turned to Sena and Kalen. "Strangely enough, the fighting seems to have halted. I’d not have thought even the end of the world could give these people pause."

Mentions : @Snowflake @vide

• Love
Reactions: Snowflake
~~Sena Atlaxys~~

"Yeah? You call that not fighting, boss? I'll admit that it is far from all-out slaughter but I wouldn't say they stopped." Sena shrugged almost discardedly at the sight of soldiers both dead and alive. "I'd remind you two that the dragon we saw on the ship was heading towards the Pillar. Now I am not an expert on beasts but what are the chances that thing in the city is, in fact, our reptile?" There was almost a smirk there as she asked impassively with a raised eyebrow. Almost like she was hoping Ark would confirm her theory that they would get to fight a big one. With another shrug that seemed to only accentuate her already broad shoulders, she started towards the place with hands apart, palms up. "Oh well, we best get there as soon as possible. There might be some Paladins to rip to shreds or better yet watch as the dragon eats them." A chuckle escaped her throat that seemed to indicate she would love nothing more than to sit on a nearby wall and watch a beast tear into the real monsters of this world, as she would put it.

"Oh don't worry, Len-Len. I'll keep you safe from the big bad monsters." Sena scooped up the little cute fox in her arms holding it against her chest and cooing at the creature while giving it head pats. She didn't push her luck too far and she put the critter down letting it do its thing. With any luck, it would do something else and make Len even more uncomfortable and give her even more ammo to tease him with.

• Love
Reactions: Sketching101