1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Modern Fiction, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Historic/Period. I'm quite versatile and open. More prone to original content than fandoms, though base inspiration is welcome.
As in the card game, Mao. Just curious if anyone has ever played. It's been revived on my friends' go-to list of card games and I've been brainstorming rules ever since.

I guess for those of you who are curious, but don't know it, the point of Mao is to figure out the rules of Mao. It's played sort of like Uno - can play same suit on suit and same number on number, but there are other rules. You receive penalty cards for not following these rules. When a player gets rid of his or her hand, the round is over and the winner creates a new rule, which only the dealer is aware of. The other players must then figure out this new rule as well through play.

The way we play, there are four starting rules, which are always the same. Of course, whoever you play with is likely to have different starting rules, it's just whatever you agree on as a group. Certainly a house rules kind of game. Normally you wouldn't reveal even the four, but we generally play that if more than half the group has not played, the rules should be known at the beginning. People still mess up anyway, so no harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.