Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Iwaku is 10! (Or Older. Rory and I fuss about it every year.) So that makes lots and lots and lots and lots of events and memories! With every season and every generation of members our community changes shape.

Tell us about your Iwaku memories, and what you hope for Iwaku future!

Despite common misconception, I am NOT the creator of Iwaku. O_O I am not even a "first generation" Iwaku member. When I first encountered Iwaku, it's admin at the time was Gabriel Zero and he asked me and my site at the time to be a sister site. Our communities were so much alike we had a lot of fun popping in back and forth at each other's forums and chatbox. And one year we did an April Fools Day joke where we told both sites that I was selling mine to Iwaku and that both communities would be merged to a new site. PEOPLE WERE SUCH ASSHOLES ABOUT IT AND SO PISSED! O___O

....and then over a year later IT KIND OF HAPPENED FOR REAL. Gabe left Iwaku, my site had been shut down, and Rory asked me to come help him out with some staffing problems on Iwaku. And I never left!

Needless to say, I never personally ran an April Fools Day joke again. c_________c

MY WISH FOR IWAKU IS MANY MORE YEARS OF PLAAAAAAY!

I am one of the many members from the Great Migration back in June 2015 due to a certain RP site (which also uses XenForo forums) closing down cause the head admin left. :) It's one of the friendliest sites so far in my five years of RP-ing career. I'm having a wonderful time here so far on Iwaku! :D

...but what's a praise without criticism eh? Mine is... THE MATURITY IS TOO MUCH! I WANT TO SEE SHITSTORMS AND DRAMA! WHERE'S DA DRAMAAAAAA?! D:< *RAGES*

Reactions: Esmeray
I've been on iwaku for only a year now, so unfortunately I believe I have very few memories that are pretty note worthy. I think the highlight of my being on iwaku so far in terms of memories has to be my first few Roasts with @Brovo, @Becca, @Jorick, @Deuce, and the others. Mostly because I either wanted to rip my hair out or I was laughing my ass off, so I had a good time. Fortunately, while I may not have a lot of memories, there are some things I am certainly grateful for that Iwaku has provided me, such as a pretty decent community where I can role-play at my own pace and interact with people who have the same interests as I do. I am particularly fond of the Iwaku Gems (@Shiny) group I belong too. I've met new friends, and one who even lives down the street from me (until she moved for Uni). I just love this website and I hope to stick around a while.

What I hope for the future of Iwaku is mostly good things, but for my personal hopes I'm still patiently waiting to become a Community Volunteer. From there I want to work my way up into staff.

As for Iwaku as whole, well, I know Diana has a list of improvements and mechanics she wants to add to the site, and I'm sure all of it is good things.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: K3l and Shiny
...but what's a praise without criticism eh? Mine is... THE MATURITY IS TOO MUCH! I WANT TO SEE SHITSTORMS AND DRAMA! WHERE'S DA DRAMAAAAAA?! D:< *RAGES*
*Looks at drama reports*
*Takes them further away from Izurich*
I won't let you see them MOHAHAHHAHAH

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Oh, jeez, I have so many memories here and I've only been around for, like, a year and a half. XD

But, I guess highlights of my time here are due, aye?

I migrated here from RpNation a long while ago at the urging of @BarrenThin and @Helena Sky . However, I didn't actually start using the site much until after the group feature broke on RpN. I started exploring this site a little more, set up and partook in a few roleplays.. And found I couldn't stop because dayum, this community is the best one I've seen.

Since then, I've made more friends here than I can count. Some of my fondest memories are having Skype calls with some close friends here( @Klutzy Ninja Kitty , @Atomyk , @TheColourlessRainbow , @OrlandoBloomers & @TheSpringwoodSlasher ; looking at you guys <3), making all of the inside jokes over ridiculous things said- be they IC or OOC -in pretty much all of my roleplays I've done, chatting with folk and generally making friends around, andddddd trying to help around the site as much as I can. :3

Also, shoutout to the awesome @Thuro The Assassin Potato and to @CCC Kouhai for being badass friends. And to my times of pestering @Grumpy and @Melon with questions. :D

Here's go many more years of this! :D

*Looks at drama reports*
*Takes them further away from Izurich*
I won't let you see them MOHAHAHHAHAH
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! *Causes drama*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana and Esmeray
The Great Migration.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Izurich
My feelings.... ;__;

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo
I joined in January (whelp, been a member for 9 months now, time flies) and I've met a lot of fun people.

The April's Fools joke was fun and seriously over the top. IwakuNet, lol...

I remember that Iwaku Moonwings merging April Fools joke. XD

I also remember stubbornly avoiding Iwaku for a year after Diana's site shut down, mostly because I had tried to join Iwaku a few months prior and didn't get what trolling was and someone made me cry and run away. @Darkness maybe. Probably. Ah~ my thin-skinned teen self. You were so squishy.

I've only been here a little over a year, but I have some fond memories. I came along with the stampede of nerds from another site that Brovo accidentally instigated, and that led to some nonsense for a while, but eventually I just blended in by way of cutting loose and having fun here in General Discussion. I'll always remember those ridiculous threads made by @Unknowledge, about fantastical and insane sexual maneuvers like Charizarding and The 7/11. The Great Genital War of 2014 was fun. @Razilin's love of racks became a meme, I positioned myself as the high priest of dicks for a while, good times. There were also some memorable debates here, both civil and out of control. Despite the fact that I started roleplaying ~10 years ago and only joined Iwaku ~1 year ago, it has become the home of the longest lasting roleplay I've ever been in, which is pretty neat.

Overall I'd have to say Iwaku is the best forum I've ever been on. I look forward to being present for future site birthdays.

• Love
Reactions: Razilin
I came from the great migration of 2014, but I don't think I have any outstanding Iwaku memories. Overall though my experience here has been very positive.

I remember when Iwaku first started 10-something years ago.

Peridox

Gabriel Zero

The Nerf War

The Crash of Iwaku 1.0

The Rise of Iwaku 2.0

Homac

The Great Migration

The Genital War

Other things

• Thank You
Reactions: Xaiken
I've been a member of iwaku for about a year now. I had been bouncing all around the internet off and on looking for an RP home until I joined RpN. I found that it really wasn't a fit for me so I wasn't feeling really comfortable there. I eventually left when my roleplay group, formerly from RpN, was looking for a new home. I was really hesitant to join when they moved, but after I did I was SOOOOO glad I moved with them!

Iwaku is my internet home now. <3 I've made many wonderful memories with The Murder Series group, new friends I've made, and amazing roleplays I've partaken in. Diana was the first friendly person who greeted me when I joined, and she's been been awesome, friendly, and helpful ever since. ^_^

And just as Sav (Hospes) mentioned, there are a few special people that I really value on here. @Hospes @Atomyk @TheColourlessRainbow @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Krieg @Thuro The Assassin Potato @AlchemistBostyofSkyrim @Everyone in the Murder Group who makes me smile and laugh every day. ^_^

Luv ya, Iwaku. Happy 10th Anniversary! <3

I've been a member since 2009(?) I think, maybe before. I was massively acive until I got my most recent job. It basically sucked all my time and energy away.

I think my best memories were making parody songs for Iwaku, helping with the radio show and being a mod. The roleplays were just a bonus to helping out with the community. I used to spend hours upon hours in the cbox, too. I dedicated my life to this site and now I barely participate outside of geeral chat threads. I swear, one day, I WILL RETURN.

Last edited:
I became a member here in January. I just one day came here with another member from Guild as a joke of sorts. We planned to form a group called Project Lazarus which was to revive RPGuild by kidnapping people from here, and taking them to Guild. (It was all in good fun, of course. We would never do that.) and... I just grew attached to this site. I was dual on this and Guild for a while, but eventually I slipped onto here completely.

I want to thank Family Fabularis (mainly Muse, who I really miss.) for accepting me. You guys are great, and I want you all to come back! I know Infin's on Kik, but I'm still here! Don't forget about me!

I would also like to give a special thanks to Murder. Specifically @Atomyk @Hospes and @Klutzy Ninja Kitty . You guys are great. I love all of you! You guys are like family to me. I want to thank you guys specifically though, because I have had some major screw ups, and I want to thank you guys for being so forgiving, and allowing me to keep going in the group. You guys are all really nice, and forgiving, and for that I thank you.

I also want to thank @Mari @Thuro The Assassin Potato and @Mighty Roman as well as several other people, as they are also like family. You guys are some of the best people I've ever met. I really enjoy your company.

Also, a shoutout to @Gen. Gwazi Senpai for being a friend, because I am Saber in his eyes. You're awesome!

Here's to many new friends, and ten more years of going strong!

3926the-great-gatsby-leonardo-dicaprio-13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.