Manga or American Comics?

American Comic Books (DC/Marvel) or Manga (Soul Eater, Naruto, One Piece)?

• American Comic Books (DC/Marvel)

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Manga (Soul Eater, Naruto, One Piece)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I like trains.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally prefer manga, but I have come across some American comics that I like. In regards to animation, I don't mind either. I grew up with anime and American animation so I'm accustomed to both.

-Looks at poll annoyed- *cough* Shounen isn't the only manga genre that has popular manga *cough* Sorry, it's the flue. *Whistles innocently*

I'm a manga fan. I don't really read American comics. I've watched TV shows based on American comics (mainly x-men), but I have no desire to check out the comics themselves. I kind of prefer it when they're actually moving around on a screen than looking at still images. At least when it comes to action/superpower stuff. And I don't know any comics that aren't about superheroes from America. Except for MAD. Which was awesome. At least when I knew what they were parodying.

My favorite when it comes to manga varies depending on what I'm reading and what mood I'm in and what interests me at the moment.

This is stuff that usually keeps being favorites at all times:
  • Heart no kuni no Alice
  • Dazzle (The latest chapters has been a bit meh, but overall I enjoy it)
  • Death note
  • Hanna to akuma (The feels at the end T-T)
  • Love stage (Best shounen-ai ever)
  • G-defend (Okay, this is the best shounen-ai ever, but love stage has the best second place in my heart)
  • Red river
  • Saijou no Meii
  • Skip beat (Reino, when are you coming baaaack? T-T)
  • Tokyo crazy paradise (NOT YOU TOO MIKAIDO!! WHY DOES EVERY PSYCHOPATH I LOVE HAVE TO LEAVE THE STORY SO SOON??)
  • Natsume yuujinchou
  • Akagami no shirayukihime

I like trains and turtles.

I use to like manga, but pretty much grew out of most these days. I can't stand DBZ or Naruto, but I adore some 4 Koma nonsense based off Video games.

What about other western comics? Australia and the UK have some pretty good stuff. UK Transformer comics were pretty good!

Of the two, I'd have to say western comics, if only because that's the format my favorite webcomics use, and I haven't read anything serialized lately except those webcomics.

Does anyone else here read webcomics?

Of the two, I'd have to say western comics, if only because that's the format my favorite webcomics use, and I haven't read anything serialized lately except those webcomics.

Does anyone else here read webcomics?
There are a few threads specifically for webcomics a few pages back in general here. Lots of good suggestions.

There are a few threads specifically for webcomics a few pages back in general here. Lots of good suggestions.
Ah, thanks. =) I'll take a look!

Reactions: Windsong
Status
Not open for further replies.