Mana Academy Sign-Up and OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question, then I'll continue on my CS-- would it be feasible for someone to use nature (plant) magics as well as devoid (healing) magics, so long as they worked in tandem? (e.g. the natural magic is used to help heal?)

Sorry for all the questions, btw. I'm one of those people.

@OwlFeather Healing normally falls into light magic. However I do know that in D&D and Warcraft druids could use healing magic and spells.

Alrighty, both characters done @Aura

I added a few things for Iris, I hope it's okay!

Is this thread still accepting character sheet.

Reactions: Aura
@OwlFeather Healing normally falls into light magic. However I do know that in D&D and Warcraft druids could use healing magic and spells.
Okay-- was just checking because devoid has physical augments, and I wasn't sure if that encompassed healing or not. Wah. I'm just going to finish my CS and if I need to make changes, I trust you'll let me know. c:

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Okay-- was just checking because devoid has physical augments, and I wasn't sure if that encompassed healing or not. Wah. I'm just going to finish my CS and if I need to make changes, I trust you'll let me know. c:
Happy to see I got some trust.

And also, for anyone looking around. Sorry, just now put up the link to the IC thread. It is at the top of the overview.

• Thank You
Reactions: kixinorbit
@Aura CS is done! (on page one) Please let me know if I need to make any edits. For things like this, I tend to leave histories a bit vague, so I can fill in the details as the character develops.

@Jessica2477 Your art for Iris is lovely, btw. c:

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
I'll have a character up soon.

Name: Sera (no other names)
Race: 'Entity' - Similar to a magical construct, but built entirely of magical energy, rather than attaching a soul to a pre-existing object.
Sexuality: Homosexual
Appearance: (Being constructed entirely of magic, she can technically take any form; she likes this one though)
large.jpg

Year: 8
Former Magic School: Dragonborne

Primary Magic: Devoid
Specialized Magic: Royal Flush
Sera's abilities take 'sleight of hand' to a new level. At any time, she may conjure a deck of cards (those in the picture). She can manipulate this deck completely to her will - teleport cards, accelerate and decelerate cards, alter their strength and the sharpness of their edge, create an infinite quantity of them and control them telekinetically. The cards are a projection of herself, so have certain similar qualities as she does (see below). They act as a natural barrier to magic (although powerful spells will break through), and theoretically, they can change shape, although she hasn't figured out how yet.

Bonus Aspect: Entity - Besides Royal Flush, which is simply an extension of her own existence, Sera is incompatible with magic. She can't use any spell, except for Royal Flush, and spells used on her may fail if their magnitude is low. Whether or not a spell fails is determined by the amount of effort put into casting the spell, for example, a firestorm that required a lot of mana would not be negated (although, its effects on Sera would be reduced a little), but a casual ember that used trace amounts of mana would be prevented. (I wouldn't really class this as either a blessing or curse, since the positives are balanced by the negatives and vice-versa.)

Noteworthy Items: Sera's hat is capable of summoning certain illusions (Which illusions are available is limited and revolve around stage-magic). She stole it off a travelling entertainer.

Personality: Sera is incredibly intelligent, and never forgets anything she's learned. This gave her an air of superiority, always considering herself better than her peers, and as a result, she can be quite harsh and abrasive. Should you prove yourself someone worth keeping around, however, she can be quite pleasant and genuinely kind towards you. Unfortunately, this is a very hard thing to prove. She is quite extroverted and can be rather noisy at times.

Background: Sera was built around 300 years ago, though back then she was only partially complete so has few memories. The earliest thing she remembers is being in a war zone - she was essentially used as a power source for magical artillery units. Since the conclusion of that battle, she has wandered around, learning everything there is to learn about the world making her memories surprisingly valuable to researchers. She decided to hide within the Dragonborne academy partly to prevent researchers from harming her; partly to learn of a way to use magic besides her card tricks. She has a system set up with the headmaster that means at the end of every tenth school year, she drops out, then transfers in to the seventh class at the start of the next year, gaining her the reputation of "Eternal Transfer Student" among people who notice. Since she doesn't age, this seemed like the best option. She is on the 4th repeat of this cycle so far.

Ultimate Goal: (Something they wish to do or obtain will at the Academy or in life)

Last edited:
12004908-Young-woman-in-medieval-suit-Stock-Photo.jpg
Name: Felicity Atwaror
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Year: 1
Former Magic School: N/A
Primary Magic: Nature
Specialized Magic: Shapeshifting, the ability to transform her body into a different form, not without its limits. She must intensely study a creature before being able to mold her body to its unique anatomy. The reason she can turn into her family cat is because after its death, some twisted neighborhood children dug up its grave and dissected it while she was forced to watch. She can turn into a small fairy dragon after having seen one in the wild and then burying her nose in textbooks about the creature. She can also partially transform herself using parts of her mastered transformations, such as giving herself cat claws or fairy dragon wings.
Bonus Aspect: N/A
Noteworthy Items: Felicity was given a blue pendant by a mysterious stranger on her twelfth birthday. He said it would help her control and concentrate her powers. However, it has a both useful and slightly worrying enchantment cast upon it – it cannot be taken off. Even if she found a way to transform into a perfect sphere, the necklace would find a way to stay on. On the bright side, it changes size as her body does, meaning it never gets in the way, and serves as an easy identifier for friends… and enemies.
Personality: Dedicated to her studies, cautious towards danger, secretive around strangers and even friends to an extent, has a no-nonsense view of the world, enjoys nature and all its creatures.
Background: Felicity's inherent power manifested early in life. Her mother believes that living in a village near one of the academies, some of the residual magic seeped into her daughter and caused her miraculous abilities. Felicity has no idea if this is true or not. Nature magic became apparent in the young child when flowers placed by her crib would never wilt, and when left outside, the birds and deer and other wildlife couldn't help but come say hello - even creatures that would usually eat a tiny human. Her shapeshifting magic started with changing the color of her hair as a toddler, then resizing her body at random as a child, and finally transforming into the family's deceased cat before her mother's eyes.
When she was younger and less experienced, she tried shapeshifting into a fantastical being of her own creation. It could have worked, hypothetically, but she failed to plan many of its finer details, such as internal organs, so she collapsed into a vaguely shaped organic blob on the ground and nearly died from the experience. This has cemented her rigorous work ethic and caution before trying anything new or remotely dangerous.
It took a long battle to finally get her mother to send her off to school. Learning on her own simply wasn't enough for Felicity, but her mother was afraid of sending her little girl into the great big world alone. Due to this, her abilities are in their infant stages, so she can't really do much, but as she learns, she has the potential to be quite a force to be reckoned with.

Ultimate Goal: To gain the knowledge necessary to take an angelic or demonic form.

On the bright side, it changes size as her body does, meaning it never gets in the way, and serves as an easy identifier for friends… and enemies.
Hooray for convenient plot devices!

Reactions: Koene
(major w.i.p.)
Name

Clarissa Tao
Race
Human...at least, she's pretty sure
Female
Sexuality
Bisexual...don't tell anyone, though
anime-art-41641.jpeg

Appearance
Standing at 5'2", she isn't very imposing. In fact, most people don't notice her, well, anywhere.
Year
Former Magic School
Dragonborne
Primary Magic
Specialized Magic
Bonus Aspect
Noteworthy Items
Personality
Background
Ultimate Goal

~*~*~*~

Name
Devin "Crimson Giant" York
Race
Half-Giant

Sexuality
Heterosexual

196992_ae1cc773ea0a2deb76cf5c4e56870249.jpg

Appearance
Standing at 6'5", he's an imposing presence in any room. He definitely can't fade into a crowd.

Year
6th

Former Magic School
Angelhart

Primary Magic
Fire

Specialized Magic
~Impetus Blue~

Focusing on the directly violent aspect of fire, this allows the user to harness fire to create explosives. Not only can the user store the explosive for later use (in palm-sized orbs), it also becomes useless in another mage's hands--even another fire user's. Furthermore, the user has a greater control over the magic, able to use blue fire--a much hotter and volatile substance than normal.
Bonus Aspect
~Nymph's Curse~
Many years ago, Devin was cursed by a disgruntled nymph. Now, his powers are useless when he touches any amount of liquid water--even just a drop.

Noteworthy Items
~Blessed Earring~
Enhanced to combat the curse, this earring allows him to use basic magic even when touching water. However, he can only use it for a short period of time and cannot use his specialized magic at all.
~Witch's Eye~
Always kept somewhere on him, this eye allows him to know a person's basic and specialized magic. However, he only knows the basics. He doesn't know specifics like strengths, weaknesses, or how the user performs the magic. For example (and I'm using someone's character for this, haha), he can know that their basic magic is lightning and their specialized magic is "arcanas," but that's all he knows. If he doesn't know what the specialized magic means, the information is basically useless.

~Fire Mage's Cuff~
Worn on his right arm, this cuff allows him to be resistant to fire magic and basically impervious to fire itself (i.e. he's not completely safe from fire created by a mage, but he could walk through a natural fire burning down a house no problem). The catch of this cuff is it only works if you are a fire mage yourself.

Personality
Background
Ultimate Goal

Last edited:
~Nymph's Curse~
Many years ago, Devin was cursed by a disgruntled nymph. Now, his powers are useless when he touches any amount of water--even just a drop.
Should be Nymphomaniac's curse imo.

Realistically though - given the atmosphere has tons of water floating around in it, you might want to specify it has to be liquid water.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
I'll try to get a post up today once I finish working on other things first ^^

I'll try to get a post up today once I finish working on other things first ^^
That's fine.
@everyone btw if I accepted your CS you may start posting. I'll be back to check out anything new later on. I have basic plots and an end goal for the thread, but I'f love to hear other ideas.

Does leaving a positive rating on my character sheet count as acceptance? :D

@Aura

I think my earlier post may have gotten overlooked-- does my CS need any editing? It's back on the first page where I'd reserved a spot. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.