Mama, I'm in love with a Criminal

[It's fine, I'll simply PM her and sort out her character]

"I am alright," Grey refused to have any drink. To be honest, he didn't feel like drinking at all. Something was so strange about this situation. As Elise changed her mind about him whereas yesterday she looked like she wanted him to vanish, disappear from the face of the earth. It took him just few sentences of understanding and she was treating him like her friend. He knew that women were like that but to be frank he never thought and encountered it himself. Hence, he was a bit surprised, pleasantly surprised.

As they were quiet, Gabriel came in followed by his companions. "Here you are. I was wondering where you went," he said with a smile, went over to Elise and kissed her forehead.

"I am going to spend most of the day with Jack and Peter and we'll be in the office. The only thing I would like to ask you is if you could not disturb us unless it will be something life threatening. Is that alright with you, Elise?" he asked gently and brushed her cheek with his thumb. There wasn't any sign of sadness that they were not able to spend the time together; moreover, it looked like he got into his business mood and actually he enjoyed it.

Elise smiled at Gabriel and shut her eyes softly when he kissed her forehead "Here I am" She said, suddenly looking ten times happier than she had moments ago, she smiled at him once more and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Okay" She said softly "I'll see you tonight then" She told him "But before you go, I want someone to keep an eye on Melody, you know how much she means to me" She said, she moved forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips "Do a good job, remember what I said this morning, I believe in you" She said. "Now go on, you don't want to leave them waiting" She said, planting a kiss on his cheek before stepping back out of his hold, picking up her bottle of water "And don't worry about me, I have an excellent babysitter" She told him, joking slightly.

She moved back to her former seat at her desk, opening her macbook and logging on, she glanced over at Grey "Is it okay if I do some work?" She asked "I just have some clients coming up and I'll need to brief my team" She told him "You can watch if you must, I just need to skype them, run them through everything" She informed him, sitting back in her throne like chair.

Gabriel frowned at first but then nodded. "I will try to send someone and also I will send someone to your mother," he said, smiled and left for his office. Once he was gone there was a tiny smile on Grey's face that disappeared as soon as Elise could notice it. However, as they were alone, Grey laid down on the couch, put one of his hands under his head and listened to what Elise had to tell him.

"I don't mind. After all, don't mind me and do whatever you have to do," he said and as he was lying down he shrugged and strated to hum some melody again.

[I got an idea that the new player could play Jack or Peter. That would involve her in the game straight away]

Elise looked up at him and smiled softly, she hit the skype app and soon two of her friends, Rachel and Joey appeared on the screen "Hey, Elise" Rachel said with a bright smile as she appeared on the screen "Hey, Darlings" She said with a smile. "Now, let's get these looks sorted, and please don't pay any attention to Grey in the corner, he's humming away" She told him softly, she spoke to the other two for around ten minutes before ending the call and logging off the computer.

She smiled and leaned back against her chair, looking at Grey, smiling softly "What were you humming?" She asked softly, keeping an eye on him before looking down at the notes she had taken before sipping on her water before closing the cap of the water bottle.

[Okay, I'll run it past her when she PMs me back]

[Good :) ]

Grey stopped humming and listened to what Elise had to tell the other. God! It was so confusing and boring for him. As he was a man, he really never got the sense of anything that Elise was talking about so he was just trying to let it brush alon his consciousness and then fade away. Yet, it was hard once you were in the same room.

"I was humming Singing in the rain. Nothing special though," he said and sit up looking at Elise. "Do you have any more work to do?" he asked curiously and lifted up one of his eyebrows.

Elise smiled softly. "I think it's a little more than 'nothing special'" She told him. She looked up at him once more before standing, putting the screen down and heading over to the sofa, sitting down on the arm rest and looking down at him "No, that's me finish" She told him softly, she looked down at her hands and started playing with her ring, it had been a gift from Gabriel for her birthday the year before.

She looked at Grey once more and smiled weakily "I have nothing else that I need to do today, everything's done" She told him. "Any idea of what we can do until this evening?" She asked softly, pushing her hair behind her ears once more, looking down at him.

Grey frowned in concentration as he was trying to come up with something they could do. What was it that Gabriel suggested yesterday? Ha! He remembered.

"I know what we can do," he exclaimed with a victory expression on his face. He looked up at Elise, a broad smile slowly formating on his lips. "Come with me, it will be better if I show you," he said, stood up and started walking. They went through the house to the kitchen, where cooks were cleaning the dishes from breakfast, some were eating. Grey paid no attention to them and headed towards the door in the further side of the room. Everybody knew that this door led down to cellar where wine could be found. Grey opened the door and stared down hoping that Elise would follow him. At the heal of the stairs he switched on the light and it illuminated a narrow corridor with inbuilt shelves and boxes with wines. Even now Grey paid no attention to it and carried on until he got to a junction where he went right.

"Looks a bit freaky, right? But I guess you already know where we're going," he said and there was a grin on his face. It was believed that there were tunnels under the mansion but no-one dared to guess what was hidden within them. Finally, Grey stopped in front of metal door, unlocked it and went to switch on another light. Once both of them had clear vision of what was hidden there, Grey chuckled. This could have been called a heaven for any man for the room was full of guns.

"I am going to teach you how to use a gun," Grey explained few second after, grinning.

Elise looked confused and raised an eyebrow before standing up and following him out of the room, fixing her shirt as they walked through the kitchen, she nodded and smiled weakily at the cooks, some of whom were eating while others were cleaning up from breakfast, she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as he opened the door at the further side of the room, why were they going to the wine cellar? She took a deep breath and sighed before following him down the staircase, holding onto the railing, she walked behind him, glancing at the shelves and the boxes of wine, she had only ever been in there once, and that had been with Gabriel trying to find a bottle of Crystal.

"You can say that again" She said, turning to look at the grin on his face, she say the metal dor and put two and two together, no one would hear anything upstairs, you could kill somone in there and no one would ever know, she watched as he opened the door and turned on the light, she stepped in behind him and looked around at the guns, she placed her hands on her hips before crossing her arms, she turned to look at him and smirked "Gabriel's going to kill you, you do know that" She told him

She looked at him once more before moving towards the guns, letting her dark brown eyes run across them all, they were all differnet shapes, sizes, colours, all for differnet jobs and tasks.

She picked up a handgun and looked at him "Why don't we start with this?" She asked softly.

"No, he's not," Grey said, grinning, "he told me himself yesterday that I have to make sure that you know how to protect yourself if it would be needed," adding this little fact, he shrugged and let Elise look around. Grey loved it here and when he was bored of what was happening on the surface, he just dived down here and practised his perfect shooting. When he saw what Elise chose, he pursed his lips and shook his head.

"This one is a bit big for you, don't you think? You wouldn't be able to fit it in your smallest handbag without creating a bulge on the side of the bag," he took the gun from her, put it back and went to another shelf with different guns. After a while when he was looking at a set of guns big as Elise's palm, he took one, weight it in his palm and then nodding for himself, Grey handed it over to Elise.

"This one should be better," he said and showed Elise to follow him further into the room. Soon, they reached a shooting range with a target in a human shape. Surprisingly, there were no signs of shots in the target. "It had been set clean for you because Gabriel planned to teach you long time ago though he forgot about it or didn't want to, I can't say," he stepped aside to allow Elise stand in front of him.

"Well, Elise...try it," he said and waited for her to do so.

[Do you want to go through the whole teaching part or do you want to skip a bit farther in the day?]

Elise sighed and nodded her head "I guess you have a point" She told him, allowing him to take the gun from her hand and put it on the shelf, she looked around, waiting for him to find one small enough for her, she looked up at him as he handed her another much smaller gun, she sighed softly and took ahold of the gun, feeling it in her hand, looking down at the floor, keeping a tight grip of it as she looked up at him once more, pushing a section of her behind her ear.

She followed him further into the room, she looked at the shooting range when they stopped infront of it, lookign at the human shapes, she watched as he stepped aside and stood infront of im, she took a deep breath "You sure?" She asked softly, she raised her hand, pointing the gun at the human shape, placing her hand on her wrist to keep her arm strong before pulling the trigger.

She was better than she had expected, eventually shooting square in the heart of the human shape, hitting the same target three times in a row, though it took a whle to get a hand of it, she turned to lok at him, reloading the gun with bullets "Is that okay?" She asked "Or shall we just keep going?" She asked "What time is it?" She asked softly.

She placed the gun down on one of the benchs and sat up next to it, crossing her legs and looking over at him once more.

[Could we just skip a bit farther into the day?]

[Yeah, that's what I proposed. I'll do the skip. By the way, how's the new player doing? Is she going to join us?]

During the lesson that Grey gave Elise, he tried to teach her how to be quicker and more effective while reloading because, as he said, while she would be reloading she was vulnerable so she had to make it as quick as possible. Though at the end, Elise could reach quite a good speed, Grey wasn't still completely satisfied. For him, reloading was something commonplace and he had to remind himself of that everytime. As they progressed in the lecture, both of them probably lost the track of time and once Elise asked about it, Grey looked at his watch.

"Whoa! It's late afternoon. I also think we did quite a lot today and we should continue tomorrow. I am quite impressed with you because I never expected a woman to be that good. Did you completed any training before or is it just a talent?" Grey was really curious and it was obvious from the look in his eye. "I also think that you should take the gun with you and from now on carry it wherever you go," he reached for more bullets and handed them over to Elise knowing that she definitely understood what she was suppose to do with them.

"Lets go back now," he said, suddenly feeling tired. As he opened the door, he found Carson behind it with a troubled expression. "What is it, old man?" Grey asked cheerfully but his face stiffened as he decoded Carson's face. Grey murmured something under his breath and darted down the corridor. As for Carson, he gave Elise a weak smile and nodded at her.

"Madam enjoyed the shooting?" he asked trying to be polite as he lead the way back to the kitchen.

Elise looked at him and smiled softly, she nodded "Well, let's say it's a natural born talent" She told him, she took ahold of the gun and took the bullets, placing them in their container, holding them both in her hand as he opened the door, she soon followed behind him, she looked at Carson with a surprised look in her eyes, how did he know she was down there? She looked at Carson as Grey darted down the hallway "Grey?" She called behind him, wondering what was wrong, she prayed nothing bad had happened, she looked up at Carson once more.

She smiled weakily, a forced smiled of course "Of course, it was rather fun" She said, allowign him to lead her back to the kitchen, she stayed silent the whole cut of the journey, unsure of what had happened, the thoughts ran through her head as she walked, she turned to look at Carson "Carson, if you don't mind, meet me in the study" She told him as they came to the door, she opened it and walked out, shutting her eys for a moment as she walked, desperately wishing someone would tell her what had happened.

She walked down the hallways, gun in hand before heading to her study, she kept the door opened for Carson before rounding her desk and sitting down, she opened the top drawer and placed the gun and bullets inside, shutting the drawer and crossing her legs, tapping the space next to her on the desk, she looked up at the door, waiting for Carson to come in, she knew the man was intelligent, she knew he would know she read him like a book, and that she knew something was wrong.

"What happened?" She asked

[I PMed her, but she hasn't messaged me back yet...]

[Ok]

Carson took some time before he entered the study room, but once he did so, he was carrying a tray with refreshment like fruit, drinks, sweets. He put it down on the table and stepped back a little bit to give Elise enough space to feel comfortable while she would be consuming something from the tray.

"I am not sure if I should speak of it, madam," he said with an apologetic smile. The whole house was quiet. Almost quiet. The only sound that could have been heard was the one from the lounge where the big clock was. All of a sudden, the clock hit 4:00pm. Bouncing four times it almost felt like the whole house was shaking. Afterwards, only silent tic-toc sound resumed. Carson sighed and was about to leave.

Elise looked at Carson and sighed deeply, she took one of the drinks off the tray and took the glass to her lips, sipping on it for a moment before placing it down on the table just as the clock struck four, she glanced up and took a deep breath, shutting her eyes for a moment, she had expected that response, she slowly opened her eyes and turned to look at him once more.

"Carson, it's either you tell me, or I go out of my mind with worry" She told him "Please, just tell me what happened" She said "It had to be bad for Grey to be sent for, if he's not meant to leave my side" She said, she leaned back on her chair, looking at him "Please" She breathed softly, looking at the older man she saw as a father figure "It would do more harm than good to hold the information back, I need to know Carson" She said, she folded her hands, placing them on her lap.

Carson sighed and stopped on the spot. He turned around and gave Elise an uneasy look. "Madam won't like it," he warned but once he saw and heard what Elise said he came closer and sat in the opposite chair as if he was searching for support in that gesture.

"Gabriel left the mansion to negotiate with the japanese on own his own. Only you, Grey, Jack and Peter stayed. He didn't tell me when or if he's coming back. I don't even know whether he took some guards with him or not. I was just told to keep you here no matter what will be the result of the negotiation," his voice was full of sorrow for Carson himself felt miserable.

Elise looked at Carson as he moved to the seat "I'll be able to handle it" She said, picking up the glass of water and taking a sip, holding it in her handa s she waited to hear what he had to say, she took a deep breath as he started to speak.

As soon as she heard the first sentence, her mind went blank, the terror came to her eyes, the glass slipped out of her hand, but she managed to catch it before it fell, she opened the drawer and pulled out her gun, quickly grabbing the bullets and loading it up as she placed the gun into her back pocket, heading towards the door. "I'm going after him, don't think of stopping me" She told him, she grabbed her coat and threw it on, she grabbed her phone and quickly dialled Grey's number as she took the keys to her Land Rover and headed out the door, shutting it behind her.

Peter ran out the door and Jack right behind him "You not going alone, were coming with u" they put the AK47 in there pockets and walked behind her.

Grey sprinted out of the front door as well, his face full filled with anger. "All of you stop!" he ordered. "Gabriel told all of you that you are not allowed to leave the house and that's how it is going to be. As for you Elise, you are not leavin and if you try I am going to lock you in the cellar so that you won't escape," then he truned his angry gaze at Peter and Jack. "As for you I thought that Gabriel gave an advice to stay in the house and wait for his call and then act as needed," Grey took a deep breath and waited for their responses

Elise took a deep breath before walking towards Grey, making herself as tall as possible. "Gabriel may as well have put himself on a death mission" She told Grey, she took her gun out of her pocket, showing it to him. "I have all of you if the worst comes to be" She said, she took a deep breath before taking a risk "If you care about me at all you won't stop me" She told him, she looked into his eyes for a moment with her deep brown ones before turning on her heel and heading towards her car, opening the driver's door and jumping in, placing the gun in between the two seats and turning the car on, loading the Sat-Nav, where was she going to start looking for him?