Making up for lost time (Family, Romance, Advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PunkPrince

Original poster
My character is a fire eater and cook in a traveling circus. My idea is that your character and Caitlyn had a short romance almost eighteen years ago. The pair fell in love quickly, and both were crushed when the circus finally moved on after a week. They kept in touch for a while, but shortly after leaving, Caitlyn found that she was pregnant with your character's child, who was born intersex (Ryan). She cut off all contact with him, not wanting to worry or inconvenience him with the news, but to allow him to move on with his life without her. Your character was crushed when he stopped hearing from her, but never really forgot about her. He got married and had children of his own. (I was thinking one around 13-16, and two younger ones between 5 and 8) His wife died giving birth to their youngest child. Now the circus Caitlyn performed in is back near him again, and though he knows he really can't afford it sine he lost his job, promised to take his children. They don't live far from where the circus is performing, but on the walk there one of his younger children complains about being hungry and wanders off into a coffee shop. They are found by Caitlyn and my characters, who are there getting drinks, and when their father finds them and sees that Caitlyn is there, he is overjoyed to see her again, and the group heads to the circus together.
When he is told that Ryan is his child, your character grows anxious, even more so when he learns that Ryan has no distinguishable gender, neither physically or in terms of identity. He makes up his mind that he wants to stay with Caitlyn and hopefully rekindle their romance, and makes himself useful by helping her with kitchen duties, figuring that it's the best decision for his family, since they are near being evicted. He feels guilty for missing so much of Ryan's life, but is mostly unsure how to treat them due to the fact that he knows he would treat a son differently than a daughter, and Ryan is a mix of both. This would be both a romance and family drama plot. This could possibly have some explicit scenes between Caitlyn and your main character if you're 18+ and want to play that out.

My requirements:
-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
-Please be literate. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling and grammar. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation I'll most likely drop the thread. If you can't think of what to reply with, PM me and I can add a bit more.
-Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't RPed in a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please PM me first. I've RPed with people who have completely just disappeared.

Caitlyn Cirelli
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
katmcphee300.jpg

Caitlyn was raised by a strict aunt and uncle, her mother and father having died in a house fire when she was young. She was sexually abused by her uncle since before she could remember, and her aunt seemed to not be willing to go against her husband to protect her niece. As a result, Caitlyn became very angry, quiet and withdrawn. Caitlyn ran away when she was seventeen, and shortly after that met Mara, a circus strongwoman, who towered over Caitlyn's slim 5'5" frame by nearly a foot. Caitlyn was intimidated by her at first, but slowly opened up when Mara introduced her to the rest of the circus, many of whom at that time were runaways like she was. While Caitlyn had no visible oddity, she had in her spare time, trained and become quite skilled in the ways of fire eating, a talent she used in the show. She was also a skilled cook, which landed her with the task of cooking for the troupe. Shortly following her joining them, she met a young man at one of the shoes. The two of them had a whirlwind romance, which only lasted about a week. Shortly after the group moved on to their next show, Caitlyn realized that she was pregnant with her former lover's child. When she did have the child, their ambiguous sex frightened her, but she chose to leave their body alone–much to the disapproval of several doctors, one of which attempted to take the baby for surgery without her knowledge. She raised the child with male marked on all their legal forms, but did not force them into gender stereotypes. A few years after she had Ryan, she took in a pair of conjoined twins, Ivy and Lacey, and raised them alongside her child. Both twins had very obviously been given at least one blow to the head, and neither seemed to be able to remember much of what had happened to put them where they were. What little the pair could manage to articulate made it obvious that wherever they had come from, they did not want to be sent back, and Caitlyn vowed to keep them safe. She is gentle and motherly, often overprotective of Ryan.

Ryan Cirelli
Hair: Red
Eyes: Brown
sugar+ball+10.jpg

tumblr_na3zesDhVY1tb56jlo1_400.gif

BqTUAy5.gif

Ryan was born to Caitlyn Cirelli, a single mother, who had nothing physically different about her, but worked as the circus cook for years, as well as being a talented fire eater. When Ryan was born, she panicked. Ryan was born with both sets of genitals with only a single testicle. Their mother, not wanting to do something that could hurt them later, chose not to subject them to corrective surgery. Ryan never fully accepted their assignment as male, and is much happier to live between the binary genders. At puberty, Ryan's features began to become fairly androgynous, with small breasts budding on their chest. In terms of a menstrual cycle, they only bleed a few times a year at seemingly random intervals, but experience extremely painful cramps-to the point where they can hardly move-every month or so, much to their displeasure. Originally, Ryan's mother didn't want them in the show, not wanting her child to be anymore of an oddity than he already was. But Ryan, desperate to entertain people and be seen by the world, continued to beg until their mother caved. Like their mother, Ryan is a fire eater, but is also a talented singer and acrobat. In terms of personality, Ryan is very sweet and outgoing, traits helpful in their love of performance. Ryan's closest friends are Ivy and Lacey, a pair of twins who are conjoined at the hip and were orphaned at a young age and raised by Ryan's mother. It is rare to see Ryan upset, as they try to hide their feelings until they are alone, but when they do burst, they become an emotional whirlwind.

Ivy and Lacey Summers
Hair: Blonde, though Lacey's is cut shorter
Eyes: Gray
01b50964d977afac9c0eb8a024831b53.jpg

6dcce8a5b144ecd2b76d3d1a81963f26.jpg

Ivy and Lacey are twins conjoined at the hip. It is unknown why the pair were not separated at birth, as it was certainly feasible. They were found by Ryan's mother Caitlyn, stumbling through the rain one night when they were four years old. Both twins had very obviously been given at least one blow to the head, and neither seemed to be able to remember much of what had happened to put them where they were. What little the pair could manage to articulate made it obvious that wherever they had come from, they did not want to be sent back. They were adopted by Caitlyn, and she raised them as her own until her death. They were asked a few times by her if they wanted to be separated, but each time they turned her down. The pair had been together for so long that they simply didn't want to go through the foreign experience of being separate. When they were around fourteen, Caitlyn began to teach them her sword swallowing techniques, after much begging, of course, and they began performing in the show. Ivy has a small scar on the corner of her mouth from an incident when she was six and trying to mimic Caitlyn by--rather stupidly--putting a knife in her mouth, determined that she could do what her adoptive mother could. Ivy is the quieter and more distrusting of the sisters, and often lets her sister do the speaking. Lacey, despite the stares she and Ivy receive, is more outgoing and generally cheerful. While they do argue at times, they always manage to work around the issue in some way. They are the closest with Ryan, often found following them around when the three were still very young, even though the twins were the older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.