Making Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
finito~

It turned out ridiculously cliche, esp his biography, so I'm probably going to go back and edit it a bit. I just sat down and wrote whatever came to mind, and apparently it was all just a mess of tropes.

finito~

It turned out ridiculously cliche, esp his biography, so I'm probably going to go back and edit it a bit. I just sat down and wrote whatever came to mind, and apparently it was all just a mess of tropes.
I definitely feel like Beck and Lily's powers are going to make for an interesting dynamic, heh.

I have a dilemma. I can't find a good picture to use that isn't anime. ^.^' could I use a description instead of a picture?

Tweaked Richard's sheet a bit. Added a nickname for him, changed his theme (Shinedown is great, but Johnny just suits him better).
Also, done with sheet no. 2.

@Victor Markov My offer to assist with playbys still stands. c:

Tweaked Richard's sheet a bit. Added a nickname for him, changed his theme (Shinedown is great, but Johnny just suits him better).
Also, done with sheet no. 2.

@Victor Markov My offer to assist with playbys still stands. c:
Thanks. ^.^ I'll take you up on that offer.

giphy.gif

█▌Dahlia Oliver 23 Female Pansexual █▌

Dahlia is relatively open minded when it comes to her preferences. She'll try anything once, unless she thinks it'll harm her, but she's also a flip flopper. One day she'll like classical music and eating scones while reading a controversial novel, and the next day she'll want to hit the clubs and drink till she thinks she's transcended to another dimension.

Naturally, there are things that Dahlia just can't stand, but those things are usually character traits. For example, she hates people that don't take 'no' for an answer, and she will fight you if you pester her long enough. She also hates talkative motor mouth children that speak for days on end about stupid things like what color M&M they like. Nosy and obnoxious old people also annoy her and often times she'll find herself wishing for their imminent demise to be more...Imminent.

Abilities
Metal manipulation. Like Magneto, but less evil. Dahlia can shape and manipulate existing metal to use it as a weapon, a constraint or a barrier.
She also has enhanced strength which helps her lift things five times her size.
Strengths

Other than the super powers?
Dahlia has a great sense of reasoning when it comes to right and wrong.
She also knows how to use a gun and a taser due to coming from a cop family.
Weaknesses

She can't manipulate raw metal, like minerals and stuff. It has to have already been processed and made into a usable object like a steel beam or aluminum foil. Her enhanced strength also does not make her immune to fatigue, and if she over exerts herself she will collapse and go into shock. She's also still learning how to control her strength so sometimes if she's using it, she'll crush the gun.
Personality

As you may have guessed, Dahlia can have a bit of an attitude, but that's only because she has to deal with stupid people every day. If you get passed her sarcasm and abrasive outer shell, you'll see that she's quite funny and relatively kind. She doesn't have many friends, but she's very loyal to and protective of the ones she's got and would sooner shave her head before she betrayed them. She's also very street smart and won't jump into things without an escape plan.
Bio

Dahlia was the third child of two cops, Mariama and David Oliver. She was only three years younger than her two older brothers, but even at age four, her older brothers were already on the path of justice. Growing up, Dahlia always assumed that being a cop would be her goal too, but as she grew she slowly found that she didn't care for fighting crime 24/7. In fact she found that she didn't really know what she wanted to do when she got older. When she graduated from high school, Dahlia didn't go to college and instead went backpacking through Europe in an attempt to figure out what she wanted to do with her life.

A year later and she was back in the states and still didn't have a damn clue.

So she got a job as a customer service worker for computer company and stayed at that job until one day she got superpowers. So naturally she quit and figured she was meant to fight crime after all.

Oct-18-GSD-F-D-1.jpg
Fun Fact about Dahlia's Dog:
Lieutenant was supposed to be a K9 but he couldn't differentiate between a cop and a perp, so whenever he was chasing after a perp and another cop entered the scene he would start chasing them instead. So Dahlia's dad gave him to her.
There are still days when he'll see a cop (be it meter maid, traffic cop etc.) and chase them.

Just a glance
She and Lilou reached for the same book at the library.
She accused Richard of cheating her into paying for repairs she didn't need.
She and Sheridan played games together via mic.
She and Jamie sat next to each other at the movies.
She and Min Wook saw each other at the club.
Her dog loves Emilio's dog and she loves his guitar playing.

She was working when Kaydyn came to the store and pestered her with questions.
She helped Albert with his computer trouble.
Her and Valerie's parents are college buddies.

Last edited:
Emilio "Leo" Warner
tumblr_nl4fk3BMXU1tytv0io4_r1_540.gif

░░░ 23 ░░░ Male ░░░░░ Demisexual ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ☬

Gas stations during the night time. The eerie glow blanketing an abandoned parking lot and pumps. When he
walks in there's that inherent fear of being attacked. The buzzing of fridges and other appliances are more apparent in
the night silence. Leo is entranced every time by the ethereal feeling.
❥ 90's movies always bring Leo a sense of peace. He's watched many of them multiple times. Sometimes he wishes that he had
been a teen during that time period.
❥ Museums. Especially free ones. What is dedicated to, art, history, science, it doesn't matter. Just the action of walking
around and observing new and unique things that he'd never seen or heard of is intriguing to Leo.

Parties where he's expected to get drunk off his ass and have sex with the nearest able body. He prefers the more innocent parties
that involve laying around, eating junk food, and watching movies.

Staying in one place for a long time. Leo is a nomad. He needs change and a dynamic lifestyle, when he becomes too sedentary he becomes
depressed. The stillness infects his attitude.
✗ Freezing temperatures. Leo loathes being cold and wears multiple layers even during Spring.

tumblr_n44y726TrO1twkyvlo1_r1_250.gif

Flyrokinesis
Also known as force field manipulation, Leo can create, shape, and manipulate a field of energy without mass that acts
as a wall. He can absorb and deflect attacks, create a bubble encapsulation (which allows for going underwater/into space for as long
as the oxygen inside will allow), and matter surfing by riding the force field.

Strengths
♦ Leo is well versed in the way of street fighting and can use a gun fairly well.
♦ He is intelligent and creative, allowing him to use his ability in many innovative ways.

He is genuine and kind at heart but he has no qualms with doing what needs to be done to survive.

Weaknesses
Flyrokinesis is mainly a defensive ability. Any attacks are relatively weak.
He has no real allies or friends and tends to rub people the wrong way. This make him vulnerable in large scale fights.
♠ Leo isn't very flexible or especially agile due to his muscle mass.

Personality
Leo is quirky. He's very particular about what he likes and doesn't like. His honesty about his feelings
can make some people aggravated or offended. He has been asked many times if he had Asperger's Syndrome but
he can't answer wholeheartedly because he's never been tested. Leo doesn't believe so though. It's not that he doesn't understand
societal norms, he just chooses to ignore them. Leo becomes obsessed with any task he undertakes and will fulfill it
no matter the costs.

Bio
A relatively normal life, Leo had lived with his mother for most of his childhood. She did her best as a single mom and raised
Leo with love. He had learned about how hard it was to keep a roof over your head from a young age. Now in his twenties, Leo is
homeless and living on the streets with his dog Folly. He makes money doing odd jobs and busking. He busks
using his acoustic guitar.

large.gif

Folly is a female Sarloos Wolfdog
image%20(19).jpg

theme song

Last edited by a moderator:
So, should we maybe try and figure out how our characters have met/interacted/whatnot previously?

Oooh I wanna make a mousy socially awkward weirdo teenager!

• Love
Reactions: mingummy
jasmine-villegas-07.jpg

█▌Cricket "Valerie" James █▌
Female
Straight

✔ Climbing
✔ Victorian cosplay
✔ Puns
✔ Classical music
✔ Epic movie music
✔ Trivia fun facts
Dislikes
✖ Reading
✖ School
✖ Bullies
✖ Houses with beware of dog signs and short fences
✖ Seagulls
✖ Social workers
✖ CPS
Abilities
Fire Armor - The ability to immerse body parts in flame and use as armor.
Fireball Projection - The power to create and launch balls of fire, ranging from golf ball sized to volley ball sized.
Strengths
Valerie is a good actor and can bullshit pretty well.
She's also good at climbing anything with foot and hand holds.
Weaknesses
Water completely defeats her.
If there is no oxygen, she can't use her powers.
Personality
Maybe it's because her mom named her Cricket, but Valerie has always been awkward. She's the type of girl to rehearse conversations in her head and then blurt them out only to realize that everyone else doesn't get it. She's also very clumsy, adding to her continuous embarrassment in her pathetic excuse for the 'best years' of her life. She tries hard to make friends, but it often seems as though everyone is on FM while she's stuck on AM and she tends to alienate herself. Valerie doesn't like to be seen as a pariah at school, but even with her best efforts, she just can't seem to get herself out of that rut, and so on multiple occasions she gets extremely upset and isolates herself. She holds in a lot of rage that she wants to vent, but she doesn't want to cause any problems for her father.
Bio
Valerie's mom was a vicious bitch and she ruined her life.

When Valerie was just a fetus, her mother broke up with her father and ran away. Then when Valerie was only five years old her mother ditched her at a truck stop and never came back. Valerie was picked up by a cop who took her to the police station and Valerie's next of kin was called when her mother couldn't be reached. When Valerie's father saw her, he tried to give her a hug and she screamed because her mother had always told her bedtime horror stories about a man in gray overalls, a scruffy beard and steel toe boots coming to kidnap her. A social worker was called and her father's background was looked into and he was psychologically evaluated. Nothing bad was found so Valerie was released into his custody, but the social worker had received an anonymous tip from some woman that the man was not to be trusted so for the rest of Valerie's life, she and her father were harassed by random CPS inspections and social worker house calls.

It didn't help that Valerie's mother had named her Cricket and the girl hated the name and started to go by Valerie. Her father humored the girl and referred to her as Valerie as well, but when the social worker found out they accused him of forcing her to identify as someone else and they took her away from him. They couldn't fabricate a real case so they had to give her back, but told her that they would always be watching in case she needed help.

When Valerie was ten, her mother resurfaced and demanded to have her back. Valerie and her father adamantly refused but the social workers and CPS were not on their side so they gave Valerie back to her mother. Not two months later it was revealed that Valerie's mother was schizophrenic when she tried to tie Valerie to her bed and set their house on fire.

So Valerie was returned to her father and the social workers and CPS begrudgingly accepted that Valerie's father was not an unfit parent.

But that wasn't the end of Valerie's troubles. Now as a teenager Valerie deals with bullying and being a social pariah on a daily basis. And contrary to popular belief, getting superpowers did not boost her self confidence or popularity due to the fact that she has to keep herself in check and make sure she doesn't burst into flames in front of the entire school.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I'll have a character posted tomorrow :O

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I've updated the character roster, if I missed anyone please let me know!
@Viscera I chose not to put up Beck until you're sure whether or not you're keeping him. :) just fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.