Makeshift Household

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nagisa.gif

Purple hair. Pale complexion. Dark rings beneath purple eyes. I'm Sloth. Scrawny figure. Lazily dressed- a pair of trainers, Hatsune Miku themed t-shirt, run down sneakers. I'm Sloth. Messy hair, bored expression, late up as always. I'm Sloth.

The incarnation of Sloth breathed a deep sigh as he gazed at his somewhat nondescript reflection in the mirror. He knew he was late for breakfast and that he was rather shabbily dressed, but he didn't really care. Discontent with being here in the first place, the lazy teenager wanted nothing less than be as troublesome as possible. If he annoyed them enough, perhaps they'd send him away. It wasn't that he loathed the place or inhabitants of the makeshift household itself- but the fact that he had been deprived of internet (something he thought she would part of every individual's rights) and other things he loved and had decided he couldn't live without... pained him more than anything. It was as though someone had intended to make his existence even more unpleasant than it already was.

Muttering something about 'a bunch of meanies', he rubbed his eye tiredly before turning around and starting to make his way out of the room. He headed down the corridor, and the staircase, slowly and lazily. He didn't even really feel like eating proper breakfast. Crisps or some sort of sweet would do, if he could get hold of them. Laughter and the sound of people chatting away rather light heartedly reached his ears. His lips curled into a slight scowl and he folded his arms over his chest, wondering why the hell most peeps could be happy here, but he not. Looking this sulky, Nagisa stepped into the kitchen and headed straight for the fridge, simply hoping that no one would notice him (of if they did, that they wouldn't scold him for trying to sneak out his unhealthy breakfast).

"I love you, Trust!" Pride claimed nonchalantly as he dug into the food placed before him with gusto. Pride's personality was known to take a 360 whenever food was involved, the older teen had never quite gotten used to the steady flow of food whenever he wanted it even after all these years. The cold streets and doing whatever he could just for a moldy piece of bread was always somewhere in the back of Pride's mind making food a serious business that even his arrogant attitude couldn't stop him from fully enjoying.

"Its good." His cheeks were puffed out like a squirrel, and he had been trying to chew and talk at the say time so his words come out muffled, but that didn't stop him from reaching a fork clad hand over to ruffle Trust's hair gleefully before he went back to pigging out. His crappy mood brought on by his hangover dangling somewhere in the back of his mind as he occupied himself with finishing the stack of soft, golden brown, chewy goodness before him - Sloth's entrance not even registering to him yet.

Trust giggled as pride ruffled his hair at Having his breakfast set before him. It was always amusing to watch the teen when food was involved. It was an in character contrast to the way he was at any other time. "I'm glad you like it. Your coffee will be done shortly." He told him, glancing at the coffee machine.

Seeing the the incarnation of sloth come into the kitchen, Trust shot up from his seat and bounded over to the youth. He forgot for the time being about pride's coffee and focused on Sloth. It had become Trust's goal some time ago to become friends with Sloth but as of yet he hadn't gotten very far. Somehow he got the impression that Sloth didn't particularly appreciate his attempts. However; that didn't mean Trust was ready to throw in the towel just yet.

"Good morning, Sloth~" he greeted the newcomer with a smile. "There's leftover bacon if your hungry. It's way better than that stuff." He pointed to the table where Jealousy and Pride were still seated.

nagisa-gif.39761

"Good morning, Sloth~ he greeted the newcomer with a smile. "There's leftover bacon if your hungry. It's way better than that stuff."

Sloth's scowl depended as Trust approached him, making another idiotic attempt to befriending him. It wasn't really that Nagisa disliked Trust, either. He just generally disliked being people, and made no effort hiding this whatsoever. He didn't like that Trust was trying to interfere with his choice of food either, which was the cause of the annoyed glare Nagisa was shooting him. "No," he said, opening the fridge and taking out chocolate bar in some sort of protest, "this is definitely better." Nagisa insisted, smiling tauntingly as he took a bite off the bar. Never once did he make direct eye contact with Trust. Actually, Nagisa avoided making direct eye contact with anyone if he could. He remained silent for a moment before before adding. "Besides, haven't I told you I want to be called Nagisa, not Sloth? Since Nagisa was the name he was used to and he thought Sloth sounded nasty, he definitely preferred the former.

Trust drew back, slightly disheartened at being shot down for yet another time. He stopped, twisting his hands almost shyly. "I'm sorry, I know you don't like it but it's what things are like here." He reasoned softly, hoping to get through to the teen. "Compassion told me that Jealousy destroyed his bedroom out of anger when he was getting used to things here, but he's okay with it now. I can't even remember my name before it was Trust or really much at all about the outside, and it never bothers me." He smiled extra large as if to demonstrate that he was in fact fine with it.

"Besides, everyone here is really nice, but it goes to waste when you refuse to talk to us. Can't you at least have breakfast with us?" He asked hopefully, though in truth he didn't have much actual hope on the outcome of his request. He braced himself to be shot down.

nagisa-gif.39761

"If you never got to know the world outside, this house is your world," Nagisa replied flatly, not washing the scowl off his features. "You're lucky in that case, since then you have no reason to complain. I'm different, though. I've known the world outside (even if it isn't a pretty place)... so I pretty much feel like a caged bird," even if his tone was cold and unforgiving, what Nagisa was doing now was actually opening himself more than he had done at in the weeks he'd spent there. Being completely honest about his feelings was not something Sloth was known for, and he usually didn't even bother explaining why he did what it did... so someone who knew his normal behavior well, would be able to recognize this change. Perhaps he was actually beginning to open up... to Trust, if no one else.

Now, even if Sloth was discontent with the situation, there was a rather small chance that he would destroy his bedroom like Jealousy or anything of the like. That would simply have been far too tedious and tiresome in Nagisa's opinion. Then he'd rather spend his entire day playing video games and simply ignoring the rest of the household, which was exactly pretty much what he'd been doing while spending his time there.

Taking another bite off the chocolate bar, he scuffed his feet, still sulking. "If you start calling me by my preferred name, I miiiight consider it," he finally tried to compromise, though reluctantly. This conversation was becoming tiresome too, and he'd rather take a nap than eat breakfast with them. "Although," he held up a finger, "I want to be allowed to sleep in on weekends."

Trust listened to Sloths reasoning carefully. He understood. He supposed he was lucky the way things were. He knew he had lived on the outside until he was almost ten, but that was just about all. Some nights he had dreams about places he vaguely remembered (on these nights Trust usually snuck into Jealousy's room complaining of nightmares) but that was pretty much the entirety of it. He wondered briefly that if he remembered more if he would feel the same way, or if any of the others would or did now. For all he knew he was the only one who saw the makeshift household as something cherishable. It was true he was naive when it came to things like this, but he was almost certain that couldn't be true.

"It's only until you're sixteen." Trust offered, not really aiding the situation with his comment.

When he heard Sloth's offered negotiation, he grinned and grabbed the teen's hand and pulled him to the table. "That's a deal!"

nagisa-gif.39761

Nagisa flinched as his hand was grabbed. H-human... contact... will I die now?! Melt like a witch?! DISAPPEAR INTO OBLIVION?! While these reticules thoughts circulated through Sloth's mind, he was dragged over to the table. Looking disgruntled, he quickly withdrew his hand and took a seat, gazing at the food. It actually looked pretty good. Especially since he didn't have to make it himself... slowly a slight grin started creeping across his face. He quickly finished the chocolate bar, and then began filling his plate with bacon before grabbing a toast. He wanted to smear jam on it, but was too lazy to do so, and therefor ate it without anything. The funniest part was probably that he didn't even notice his sudden change in attitude. Maybe... just maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

At least this was what he thought until he was reminded by Trust that he only needed to feel like a caged bird until he was sixteen. The truth hit him like an arrow, causing a dramatic look to settle across his features. "H-half a year..." he whispered in utter horror, his purple eyes wide. In actuality, he would be fine with not leaving this house... ever... but the lack of internet was just unbearable to Nagisa. A shiver went down his spine. "I'm going to diiiiiiiiiieeeeee," he complained, slumping in his seat unhappily while completely ignoring the fact that there were other people in the room. He was the main character in his own life, after all, and he couldn't really care less for anyone else.

Trust was in the middle of pouring Prides Coffee and lost focus when Sloth began complaining. Trust opened his mouth to try comfort the other boy but before the words got a chance to escape, his absent mindedness caught up to him in the form of boiling water scalding his fingers. He yelped and all but dropped everything on the table but somehow managing not to spill anymore. He put his hands behind his back and giggled despite his eyes clouded with pained tears, hoping that nobody had seen and he wouldn't be scolded for being clumsy.

"Your coffee's ready." He told Pride with a smile and looked to Sloth with sympathy for his situation. He knew Sloth had seen it happen, he just hoped he wouldn't say anything. In attempt to assure this, he began talking again. "I'm sure you'll be alright. It's plenty of fun here you'll find something."

Bliss managed to pick herself up off the ground, still chuckling a little. Pride's face was still a tad green, but she pressed her lips together so only a small giggle slipped out. She pulled out a chair and plopped into it, turning her ears off as Sloth began complaining. She started singing "Happy" in her head, tapping her fingers slightly to the beat.
A startled yelp brought her back to the present and Bliss blinked at the spilled water spreading across the table.
Bliss tried to hold it in but a tiny snort led to a stream of laughter. She clutched at her blue-streaked hair trying to stop. "Your face was... even better than Pride's!" she chortled.

Jealousy ignored Sloth he had seen many of the younger ones turn up and he himself had been there when he first arrived he wasn't overly happy about Trust telling Sloth about what he had done when he first got here but he was sure it made some point so he shrugged it off, but his eyes followed Sloth's every move and when Trust practically dragged him to the table Jealousy pushed the now cooling bacon over to him.

As Sloth complained Jealousy just raised an eyebrow at him but turned his head in time to see Trust hurt himself "Trust what the hell, let me look at that" he said jumping to his feet and sending the chair flying backwards as he rushed over to Trust taking his hand in his own and walking him over to the sink where he run coldish water on it to stop it burning to much.

After a short while Jealousy removed Trust's hand from the tap and looked it over "Your gonna be ok, but how many times do I have to tell you to watch what your doing when dealing with boiling water?" he asked in some what of an accusing tone he hadn't meant it to come out like that it just had. After drying Trust's hand he looked at the younger boy "sorry Trust I didn't mean ton shout I just don't like it when you get hurt" Jealousy lowered his head "I'm going off for a shower and to get changed I'll see you soon" He said as he walked out of the room.

Trust allowed Jealousy to tend to his hand, a bit dissopointed he had been caught not paying attention again. Trust wasn't very good at multitasking, so really he should have seen it coming. This downgraded his record of 'no accidents in the kitchen' significantly. It didn't really hurt anymore, though he stayed quite as Jealousy scolded him. He had been expecting it (hence why he had tried to hide it before).

When Jealousy apologised for shouting Trust just smiled. It never really bothered him at times like this. He thanked him for helping him and watched as he left to have a shower and change. He hoped a shower would make Jealousy feel a little better, he wanted him to be in a good mood.

"I'm sorry for laughing," Bliss said quietly. Her laughter was gone but there was still a small smile on her face. "I just can't be upset because it's such a nice day and the world is amazing!" She leaned back in her chair and put her hands behind her head as a headrest.

She didn't really feel sorry for Trust, but she knew she wouldn't want boiling water spilled all over her. And apparently apologies were necessary to maintain a friendship.

Finally coming back to reality after his plate was clean; Pride noticed with annoyance that the brats had multiplied by one – Bliss's happy hysterical laughter even closer than it was before since the girl was sitting next to him now.

Glancing up at Trust as he announced that his coffee was done, Pride vowed to leave swiftly and unbothered before the headache he had finally gotten to go away came back because stupid kids didn't have any compassion – funny since most idolized the crap out of that particular person… You would think they would've picked up some of his less annoying ways of showing sympathy to the sick and shutting up when asked, but…

As he stood, Pride reached for his much desired coffee with one hand, and used the other to ruffle Trust's hair mischievously once again – a new habit he hoped didn't stick. "Thanks, kid." Pride didn't know where he was going, but he was sure anywhere was better than here. Heading to the entranceway without one word to either Bliss or Sloth, Pride disappeared from view to those in the kitchen.

As Compassion angrily made his way to the sitting room, two young boys, both with identical golden hair and eyes, stood in an adjacent hallway amused by their work. The one on the right, with his dark blue blazer held a hand over his mouth in an attempt to stifle furious laughter, while the one on the left, in a traditional Japanese gakuran, smiled widely at his brother, proudly giving him a congratulatory thumbs up. It was they who had messed with the all the clocks in the house, and their idea seemed to have worked, considering everyone in the household awoke later than normal. This was one of but many jokes the boys have played throughout the house, and they thought why not? After all, what better way to wake up than to a friendly little prank?

The two walked down the hall towards the kitchen in an attempt to "find" something to eat, but were stopped short when Pride came into view. Something seemed off about Pride this morning, and it didn't take long for the twins to figure out what it was. They smiled dubiously while giving each other a quick glance before they darted in Pride's direction for a bit of "fun".

"MORNING, PRIDE. FINE WEATHER WE'RE HAVING TODAY, AM I RIGHT?" Avarice shouted as loudly as his lungs would let him. Despite being identical, it wasn't very hard telling the two apart, considering their sense of dress was different, and they each had different hairstyles. Greed's had his cut in a common style, letting his short, fluffy hair dangle over his eyes, while Avarice wore his a bit longer, usually tied back.

Greed sniffed at the cup of coffee he was now holding in his hand. The pungent yet pleasant aroma made its way softly through his nose and out his lungs. It's dark color resembling a void, yet it's warmth welcoming all to drink. "Hmm, that's weird, Pride. You don't usually drink your coffee black. You didn't happen to get yourself into some trouble last night again, did you?" He said while smirking at Pride, watching his more-than-normally annoyed face turn to confusion as he desperately tried to figure out how his precious coffee left his grasp.

6eefb25c-5d61-4e21-9f94-e77a822b3b6a_zps2fa75ecb.jpg

Serenity yawned, rubbing her right eye with her free hand as she held on to Teddy with the other. Her footfalls were light and soft, barely making a sound as she headed down the staircase and towards the kitchen. She had slept in, which was rather unusual for her, and was now somewhat worried about getting there too late and missing breakfast. Now... she didn't really think they would let her go without food, but she still thought it rude to enter first when everyone had finished eating. Even if she hadn't come late on purpose.

Before entering the kitchen, she hid behind the door, sneaking a timid glance inside to see who was still there. Just then Avarice and Greed passed her, entering the kitchen looking like they were up to no good, like always. Nevertheless Serenity actually liked the two of them. They were lively, and even if they could be troublesome at times, at least there was never a boring moment with them around. Her lips curled into a slight smile, and she followed them inside, hoping to still find some left over bacon or perhaps a toast with marmalade. Some tea would be nice too, though she was unsure who to ask for help, as Compassion wasn't present at the time.​

As Jealousy walked into his room he closed the door and sighed deeply he always struggled when others other the Trust where around he understood why Trust was always trying to cheer everyone else up but it also made him jealous at the same time he always seamed to see the bad in everything even when he smiled and laughed along with the others he was still always feeling jealous.

Come on get your head sorted he thought to himself as he pulled out clean clothes placed them on his bed grabbing a towel in opened the door and headed to the bathroom, Once inside he pulled his clothes off and turned on the water. Stepping into the stream of water he imagined all the negative feelings flowing out of him and down the drain with the water.

Seeing serenity enter the room Trust smiled softly. While the kettle was still hot, he poured another glass of water, being careful to to spill it this time. He knew the girl liked tea in the morning and due to her age she wasn't usually allowed access to the more dangerous parts of the kitchen (Trust himself was only hesitantly allowed to use them, but that's because of his tendency to get distracted.) so he figured he would fix her some. He put together the tea and placed it on the table for her. "There you go, Serenity." He said, ending with a yawn. He'd been up early that morning and he had been running around most of the time doing one thing or another, not that he minded helping out. It was his way of paying everyone back for being nice to him.

"I'm going to sit outside." He announced. "When Jealousy comes back down, tell him Where I went." He waved to everyone before walking out.

It was quieter in the rest of the house. No matter how many people there were in this house there was never enough to make the house seem lively. It was strange, he had read about what normal families were in books and this was nothing like it. According to books, a family had to have a mother or father or both, and maybe some brothers or sisters, but this house wasn't like that. Did that mean they weren't a family. But then people also said family were people you feel safe around, and he had never felt safer than when he was with this household.

Trust sighed lightly. He supposed he wouldn't know until he learnt more about the world. When he exited the house he was hit with warm sunlight and a gentle breeze. It really was a nice day.

Jealousy walked out of the shower and wrapped the towel around his waist to keep his modesty intact, with his hand he cleared the mirror and took a look at himself his face seamed pale more pale then normal and his eye's had huge dark rings under them, anyone would think I was the one out drinking until the stupid hours this morning he thought as he studied his face running his hand down his face in a vain hope that it would make him look better, but it didn't.

Without another glace at him self he opened the door and followed the steam as it too left the bathroom behind, out in the hall he walked straight to his room not really hearing anything of what was going on downstairs, opening his door he walked inside to get dry and clean when out of nowhere he started to feel dizzy, with his back against his now closed door he leaned against it and slowly lowered himself to the grey carpet.

Lifting his knees up he placed his head on top closing his eyes hoping that the dizzy spell would go away quickly. After what felt like hours to him he opened his eyes and the room he was in was no longer spinning in every direction "Wow that was horrible" he said as he stood up on slightly shaky legs with small steps he walked closer to his bed. Once he was sure that the feeling had pasted he got him self dry and put on the clothes he had got ready before going for the shower.

Once he was dressed and his hair was only slightly damn he made his way out of his room closing the door behind him, walking down the stairs he started to feel dizzy again but this time it was more intense he could feel the darkness coming down like a curtain at a play, no please not here he thought a he tried on unsteady feet to get back up the stairs but before he could make it the light was snuffed out and he fell spinning down the stairs one by one until he ended up a heap at the bottom. Still unconscious he never even knew he had broken his right arm and had cut his head open.

Trust had been waiting outside for a while when he began feeling impatient. He had expected Jealousy to be done by now, yet as it seemed he had yet to come meet him. With a small frown, Trust got up from where he had seated himself outside and stretched before heading back inside. He was sure he was just being impatient, but there was no harm in seeing how long Jealousy would be before he could join Trust out in the garden.

As he walked down the hall, he looked briefly into the kitchen to see if he had returned there. Unfortunately he didn't see him there so he continued down the hall. He'd go knock on the bathroom door and see if he was there. After that Jealousy's room. If he was in none of those places Trust had no idea where he could be. He wanted to find him quickly, as he had found a kind of animal at the edge of the forest he had never seen before and he was going to ask Jealousy if he knew. If trust didn't know something, Jealousy usually did. It was convenient on Trusts part, as he always had someone to ask.

When Trust rounded the corner to head up the stairs, he almost tripped in his shock at what he saw. His eyes widened and he found himself staring at the ground where he saw the very person he had been searching for moments ago, collapsed at the foot of the stairs. Trusts young mind had frozen, incapable of properly processing the level of panic and amount of thoughts crowding his head. After a moment of wide eyed disbelief, it finally kicked in and the boy let out a cry as he almost stumbled over his own two feet to rush to get to his friend.

Trust dropped to his knees next to the older male, wanting to do something. His hands hovered just above the teen, too afraid to touch and unable to think clearly. "J-Jealousy?" He whimpered finally allowing himself to touch his friend, touching his shoulder carefully, trying to see the others face. However, when he got a better look, what he. Saw was blood. Trust's hand recoiled at the sight as if burned and placed it over his mouth as if about to be sick. "Jealousy!?" He called out desperately. "C-come on, wake up!" Trust didn't even notice the cold tears touching his cheeks as he begged his friend to be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.