Makeshift Household

Status
Not open for further replies.
As his head pounded rhythmically Pride could only think one thing: stupid kids – wouldn't understand the meaning of silence if it bit them on the butt. Pulling the fresh t-shirt over his head and smoothing out the wrinkles he caught in the mirror as he passed the glass, Pride fought back another gag as he reentered the hallway – the lights still too bright for his throbbing head. Though showering in complete darkness had helped, it only made returning to such a bright area harder.

Tch, Compassion would probably looovvve this, Pride thought bitterly while fighting back a pained moan, always trying to find ways to prove I'm "unfit" or whatever to be the next head. Always undermining me…treating me like a kid, tch.

More bothered about Compassion not acknowledging him then he would like, Pride barely registered that he was getting closer to the loud noise instead of further away. His mind too occupied with thoughts of making sure he avoided Compassion and pancakes to realize that the kitchen he was heading towards was the last place his throbbing head would appreciate.

Bliss shrugged. "It's just how I am. If people would just let go of their problems then they would..." she paused, her eyes glazing slightly before she was brought back to reality. "What was I saying? Never mind, it doesn't matter." She smiled and crunched her lollipop between her teeth. Bliss didn't mind forgetting what she was saying, and it happened quite a bit so she didn't even pay attention to it anymore.

Trust giggled and glanced at Jealousy teasingly. "Maybe Jealousy should take a page from you and worry a bit less." He spoke in a sing song voice. He laughed, not knowing how close Pride was and that he was probably making him feel worse than he already did. He had meant it though. He did think that Jealousy worried too much. He often felt bad about making the older male worry even more when he acted without thinking. Such as climbing the bookshelf and so on.

Before he fully realizes where he's going – it's too late. Already passing the threshold of the kitchen Pride's hit with the smell of sizzling meat, sunny lights, and happy giggling voices. A combination that makes Pride run pass the other occupants in the room without a glance in their direction – the contents of what's left in his stomach empting into the sink before Pride can completely grasps what's happening. Did bacon always so smell so…ugh!

"Aww Jelly, don't change, you're adorable," Bliss said, giggling slightly. She hopped back on the counter, tossing the empty jar towards the recycling bin where it landed perfectly. "Did you see that?" Bliss asked excitedly. "Boom! LeBron James!"
Then she saw Pride.
And fell off the counter clutching her stomach as her body shook with laughter. "Oh... my... god!" she gasped, kicking her legs. "Your face... it was green!"

"Eh?" Trust frowned and hopped off of the counter, walking over to pride and putting a hand on his back in an attempt to comfort him. "Are you okay? Do you need anything? He asked softly, remembering that loud noises bothered Pride at the moment. Trust then remembered what compassion had done for him when he had a been sick and rubbed Pride's back softly as he spoke.

Trust made a disgusted face when he was hit by the smell of what Pride had hacked up but he didn't express this disgust, not wanting to be rude about the whole thing.

He looked to Bliss disapprovingly and shook his head, telling her that now wasn't a good time to laugh.

Pride wanted more than anything to shrug away the comforting hand rubbing circles on his back. Trust's small hand was warm and felt heavenly as it eased some of the tension in his body, but Pride wouldn't give in no matter what his stupid body wanted. He didn't need help!

Tentatively rising from his crouched position over the sink, Pride grimaced at the bile in the sink before switching on the faucet with one hand and using the other to reach blindly behind him to try and push Trust away.

"S-stop! I d..don't, ugh, need your help…you –" Sucking in a breath of air unstably, Pride exhaled shakily before finishing his weak protest. "– stupid kid.

Seeing Prides protesting, Trust took a step back and withdrew his hand from the others back. As much as he wanted to help, he couldn't very well do that while Pride was trying to shake him off for even touching him. "I'm sorry, I-"

"-stupid kid." At this, Trust's hand returned to his side and he fell silent, Pride's words stung painfully and he instantly felt even smaller than he already was next to the older male. The whole scenario gave him a sense of déjà vu and for whatever reason that made him feel even worse.

He hadn't meant to cause Pride any trouble, he was just worried and trying to help. He guessed it was right though, he wasn't very smart most of the time, he was always doing stupid things without thinking it through, so he supposed that did make him 'stupid' by the definition of the word.

Trust smiled slightly sadly "I'm sorry. I know you don't need any help, I was worried so I though maybe you wouldn't mind if I gave you a hand." He giggled softly. "I'm sorry, that was selfish of me."

…Crap

It took a lot to make Pride feel any form of guilt, and while he would be the first to deny it – the older teen did care about everyone in the house at least a little…tiny, small bit, and hearing that defeated tone in Trust's voice… He had really done it now, hadn't he?

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, Pride straightened fully with a small grunt of pain and turned so he was facing the other. Not sure how to go about this…comforting thing, Pride awkwardly lay a hand on Trust's slumped shoulders and tried to catch his eyes with his own.

"I…you're not stupid – you're a good kid. A really good kid." Flashing a smile that turned out more like his normal snarky smirk than anything else, Pride mumbled the next words to himself more then to the youth before him. "I actually like you – you're not annoying like the others and you listen to me…" Snapping out of his own shocking realization; Pride gave up on trying to smile and just smirked at the other. "And if you really wanna help me no matter what, fine. Just make me some freaking pancakes – I'm starving."

Trust looked up in surprise, his moss-green eyes open wide. For a moment he was confused but after a few seconds of staring what Pride had said seeped in and his mouth formed an 'o' before it spread across his face in a bright smile that made his eyes spark up in joy. It wasn't often Pride said kind things of his own free will, so it only made the whole thing that much more amazing. By this point Trust was basically jumping up and down with happiness and the sadness he had felt just moments before seemed to vanish into thin air at Pride's comforting words.

Trust nodded quickly at Pride's request for food and before he dashed off to prepare Pride's pancakes, he gave the other a quick hug. He knew he wouldn't appreciate it but he couldn't help it so he mumbled a small apology before letting go and running over to the pantry to get started.

He was glad that he hadn't made Pride mad. He was always trying not to but like always he acted more on instinct than on thought. It was just the way he was. He admitted that it wasn't the smartest way to go about things but it wouldn't stop him. He knew the people in this house were kind at heart and he knew he would be accepted even with his faults but sometimes he couldn't help the hints of insecurity that came through. However; the more time he spent here with these people, the more he realised he didn't have to be. He still took everyone's words to heart, but he also knew it was for his own good

Fighting back a chuckle as he watched Trust bounce around more because of the pain it would cause his head than anything else; Pride eased himself towards the table and sat down. Deciding not to comment on the hug and just let it go, Pride shook his head fondly as he glanced at the happy Trust. Being nice isn't so bad…

Though Pride highly doubted he would make a habit of encouraging the brats to be so bubbly – seeing a smile on Trust's face wasn't so bad. Yet…folding his arms and placing them on the table, Pride rested his hand against the flattened limbs. Sure Trust's smiling face was pleasant to look at, but darkness – that was something he preferred right now.

Didn't one good deed a day equal one good catnap or something like that? Snuggling into his arms, Pride sighed in pleasure as the throbbing in his head eased – karma sure worked fast these days.

Jealousy was to engrossed in watching the bacon under the grill to pay to much attention to Bliss when she first entered the room the kid was always smiling and laughing he understood what and who she was but some times it was a little to much for him to take. But when she called him Jelly he turned and just looked at her with a raised eyebrow as if to say really!!!!

But he wasn't to distracted for long as he could see Pride out of the corner of his eye he looked like shit and he knew that the smell of the bacon wouldn't help the older guys stomach much, he knew he was right the moment Pride ran across the room and threw up into the sink "Nice real nice" he said under his breath as he turned away from the not so pleasant sight of Pride bent over the sink.

Jealousy turned down off the grill and pulled the tray with the bacon out as he heard Pride have a go at Trust and instantly his attitude changed the lines of his face became more harsh and the look in his eyes where deadly as he moved closer to Trust and stood just behind him. Jealousy was only calmed slightly as Pride some what apologized for his words.

Moving slightly back Jealousy went back to making his sandwich and called over his shoulder "Trust are you wanting some of this bacon?" he asked he had made loads more then enough for all who were in the room with that in mind he looked to Bliss "How about you?" he said with a slight moody tone but it wasn't intentional he wasn't great with the others in the house but he still cared about them not that he let it show very often.

Jealousy smirked as he tilted his head "How about you? it may just be what you need for your hangover I could always do you a nice runny egg to go with it" he said to Pride as he began placing the bacon in the bread that Trust had buttered.

Trust shook his head. "I already ate, and I have to make Pride's pancakes. Thanks anyway, Jealousy." Trust replied as he retrieved all he needed and went about making pancakes for Pride. He liked making pancakes, it was a lot easier than other things so he had no trouble with it. He started mixing the batter as the stove heated up a pan and the butter on it. He had gotten a lot better at using the stove, too, he hadn't burnt himself on it in months and he was rather proud of that fact. (According to Jealousy, this wasn't an accomplishment to be proud of.)

As he was mixing, a thought occurred to him from a short while ago. "Oh, yeah, I wanted to ask earlier, but what's a hangover, and why is it funny?" He questioned, referring to Bliss's instruction to ask jealousy rather than her about the subject. In reality it was an over due question. This wasn't the first time he'd seen someone this way, yet he didn't really know what caused it.

Awaiting the explanation, Trust poured some of the mix into the hot frying pan, smiling in satisfaction at the sizzling sound that radiated from the hot plate and the mix bubbled and firmed against the heated surface.

Jealousy was just taking a mouthful of his sandwich when Trust asked him about hangovers, Jealousy tried to laugh it didn't happen all to often but just the pure innocence of the way the question was asked made him smile but with the added bread and bacon in his mouth rather then laughter he choked coughing and splattering. His sandwich fell back to the plate as he covered his mouth and tried to stop himself from spiting out the food within.

After a moment he managed to swallow the food but he was some what short of breath from the laugh/choking putting his hand in the air in the universal sign for give me a moment Jealousy tried to calm his breathing down so he could talk.

Even though he knew Jealously was just acting as insulting as always, just the thought of trying to eat any of the horrid smelling bacon had Pride jumping from his seat and rushing towards the sink again. Though thankfully nothing came out this time but the sound of Pride's pitiful gaging – one arm wrapping itself around his middle as he sluggishly walked back to the table and plopped down.

"Don't even – ugh," holding his breath for a second to combat the sudden wooziness in his stomach, Pride glared harshly at Jealously. " – joke like that. And you," catching Trust's question when he had ran to the sink Pride lessened the intensity of his glower and spoke in a softer voice to the youth (his earlier guilt still nagging uneasily at his stomach). "There is nothing funny about hangovers."

Jealousy now feeling better raised his eyebrow at Pride "Yeah his right there is nothing funny about hangovers when your the one dealing with it, but it can be amusing to others the quick reason for hangovers is because Pride here has no idea how to handle his alcohol and thinks he can drink more and faster then everyone else in the world" Jealousy smirked even at his young age he had tried the stuff but wasn't keen on it as it never really did anything for him but not many people knew that he had been drinking in the past as he was still underage.

Jealousy resumed eating his sandwich but was keeping an eye on Trust to make sure he didn't get hurt.

Trust glanced at Jealousy, giving a look of a mix of curiosity and concern. He really didn't get what was so funny about this subject. It was a strange thing really, to be completely in the dark about something everyone (aside from Pride) thought was hilarious. When he heard what Pride said about hangovers it was just what trust had thought. There was nothing funny that he could see about it, and he could see why. Pride wouldn't find it funny. But then there was Jealousy's addition to the explanation, adding that it was. Pride's doing that he was in this state to begin with.

So alcohol gave people hangovers then. He supposed that would explain it. Trust flipped the pancake still thinking. "Hey, Jealousy, have you ever had a hangover?" He asked. He had no reason to think that he had, but he was one of the older ones (not by much) in the house and he wanted to know if everyone drank alcohol and got hangovers when they were older. He'd never seen Compassion with one, but he was already Pride's current age when they first met.

"Me no never, I'm still under age to be drinking" was all he said to Trust but he never looked up from his plate and Jealousy always made eye contact with others so anyone who knew him well would realize he hadn't told the whole truth but he hoped that no one would say anything and just leave him to enjoy his sandwich but deep down he knew that someone would make a comment as it had been Pride who had found him in his drunken state just under a yea ago.

Pride felt torn between laughing and scoffing at Jealously's lie – though his crappy state stopped him from doing either. The older teen could barely remember anything about that night anyway – it was just a vague blur, but Pride could still recall the way he calmly regarded the drunk Jealously, simply handing him a bottle of water and leaving him to his misery. Thinking about it now – for something that was such great blackmail martial, Pride wondered why he had never used it before?

Though, casting a glace to the sullen youth eating his sandwich semi-happily, maybe Pride hadn't said anything because he remembered doing things like that just to be more adult. Just to be able say he had done it when faced with snarky faced adults who would mockingly call him a child. To create a place for himself among those opposing individuals he couldn't stand being above him…

Deciding that all this thinking was doing more harm to his head then good, Pride turned his face so his mouth wasn't muffled my his folded arms any longer and let his newest demand fall from his lips flippantly – not caring who carried it out as long as it was;

"Coffee."

Reactions: ++Lillith++
Trust plated the pancakes and switched off the stove as Jealousy told him he had never drunken alcohol. Trust didn't question it, he had no reason to think Jealousy would lie to him, even if he was acting strangely. trust placed the plate in front of Pride, smiling in satisfaction as he did so. "Eat up, I'll fix some coffee in a moment. He almost patted Pride's back as he placed the plate on the table but decided against it, not wanting to test his luck. (After all, he had just gotten away with a hug, so he was happy.

Trust couldn't help noticing the way Pride thought on what Jealousy had said, however, only confusing Trust who thought it best not to question it. He pushed the button on the coffee machine and sat down between Jealousy and Pride to wait for it to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.