Makeshift Household

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust nodded silently as he was once again told about the dangers of bookshelf climbing and felt a pang of quilt at the look he received from Jealousy. He was always seeking to please Jealousy ever since they first met so even though the reason Jealousy said these things was for his own good, Trust could help feeling he had let the older male down with his actions. He hadn't wanted to bother jealousy earlier either? Pride had always told him that older people needed alone time, so he had assumed the same had gone for Jealousy. It seemed a bit selfish to intrude on that just because he was bored, but he didn't speak up.

The boy listened intently as Jealousy explained his reasoning about the books. What he said puzzled trust slightly. It seemed rather obvious that whatever was in these books was very important and that Jealousy had read them before. Once Jealousy had finished, Trust stood still looking at the books. He was curious, extremely so, but he could see clear as day that Jealousy thought reading them was the wrong choice. Slowly, he handed the books over to jealousy and smiled. " okay, I'll just wait and we can read them together." He opted.

Outside in the Forest was a Huge Crash Hope was busy trying to build a tree house which just came crashing down. Hope giggled to himself "so that what happens if I remove that piece". Hope was holding a plank of wood. He smiled at his wreckage knowing he was still learning and he would start again tomorrow morning.

Hope has been out there since early hours in the morning trying to be quiet as possible making this tree house. He knew Fear sleeps in and wanted to surprise her so for the last few mornings he started working on a tree house for both of them and got back inside before she woke, but today Hope stayed out that little bit longer because he was almost done.

Hope started to get hungry although he had already had breakfast this morning so he dropped the plank of wood and jogged back into the house. Hope was filthy covered in mud and dirt; he also had a few scratches around his arm.

As he went towards his bathroom to get washed up he bumped into everyone hanging in the corridor he jumped up and down "Hey Fear Glad your awake" he said gleefully "Morning everyone" he said giving a big wave and a cheesy grin.
She just stood there, still sobbing slightly into Trust as she listened to their conversation, trying her hardest to think over Trust's words while keeping quiet for Pride, though because of her loud sobbing she didn't think Pride liked her much anyway... but she needed to talk to Hope... He would know what to do! He always did!

Fear let out a small gasp as she saw her friend, instantly pulling herself off of Trust and swapping over to Hope, still sobbing a little "Hope it was so scary..." she whimpered, taking no note of Pride's last message "I was just walking down... then the books... and it hit me!" she whimpered, crying into his shoulder as her tears dampened his shirt "I get so scared all the time! Trust said it's because I'm smart that I find everything scary... I don't want to be smart!" she cried, her eyes looking up at him as she finally brought her arms round to hug onto him tight hug with a vice like grip "What do I do hope?! I just want to not be afraid! I can't keep doing this..." she mumbled into his shirt, feeling so weak and confused.

The soft clack of Compassion's feet upon the floorboards was a welcoming sound, pleasant enough to ward away any lingering exhaustion. The noise from the pain room woke him up fully, his eyes going from glassy to focused in an instant. He had slept in, then. Which meant one of the children had disabled his alarm clock, which was bad news-- he'd need a new clock. With a sigh, he rubbed the back of his neck and crept down the stairs to the ground floor, peeking around the corners for the awakened residents. Outside, perhaps. He'd noticed that the younger kids liked the outdoors much more than the library or even kitchen, and that was good enough for him.

"Oi, who's been messing around with the clocks? You know those things are all synchronized..." One went offline, the rest followed close behind. He entered the main sitting room and glanced around, resting his shoulder on the nearest wall.

Children.

Reactions: Trust
Jealousy sighed with relief as Trust handed him the books "Thanks Trust I will go and put these somewhere safe then if you want we can do something my mood has lifted somewhat I think the first thing I need is some food" he said with a small smile that he only ever gave to trust.

With that Jealousy turned to walk up stairs "I will be back down in a min, just give me some time to put these somewhere" he said indicating to the books in his right arm. Walking up the stairs he made a mental not to tell Compassion that he had moved the books due to the fact that Trust was getting more and more intrigued by the day.

Opening the door to his room he walked in and closed it. Walking up to his closet he took out the shoe box at the bottom and then removed the lose board underneath and placed the books inside. After he covered everything back up he stood and closed the door. As he was about to walk back out of his room he remembered he had to get dressed I'll do it after food he thought to himself as he closed his door behind him.

Walking back down the stairs his stomach grumbled on cue "Right Trust I need food and a shower then we can play is that cool with you?" He asked as he walked up to where he had left Trust and everyone else.

It seemed Jealousy ignored him but it was nothing new all he needs is a hug and Hope thought that he would do that when he gets the chance. Also Hope wanted to help Pride with his hangover and he wanted to help with these books they were talking about but Fear was on him quicker than you can say SNAP and Fear was always his number 1 priority.

The intensity of Fears hug was intense but Hope didn't mind, one of his arms was trapped into the hug which probably helped so he wouldn't have all his air taken out of his lungs but still Hope had one arm free and tried soothing fear by rubbing her hair.He knew she would have a mucky face when she had stopped crying sobbing into his shirt especially with the amount of dirt which was on him.

"There there Fear, everything will be fine" Hope said soothingly then in a low tone "You are very smart and it''s a good thing because you know what...." Hope paused for dramatic effect ".... you come up with so many good games we can play, so if you wasn't smart what would we do then hey?" He then moved his free hand to try and lift her chin up "Whatcha wanna play then" he said with a big grin on his face showing of his pearly white teeth

((I would have replied sooner but school- I thought I had school today- but I dont))
Trust nodded eagerly, forgetting for the time being about the books and what they could hold as he was caught up in his state of hapiness. he grinned and grabbed onto Jealousy's hand, pulling him towards the kitchen. Now that Fear was with Hope he could focus on other things. next on the list was food. "I think theres something left over from breakfast, come on, I'll heat it up!" Trust offered excitedly, wondering if he could take some toast and juice up to Pride while he waited for Jealousy to complete his morning schedual. Though, he had been warned that Pride was in a really bad mood when he was hungover. That meant he probably wouldn't like to be disturbed. Maybe Trust could sneak it into Prides room so he could eat it when he was feeling a bit better, or maybe he should wait until he was well enough to come out. he shook the thoughts, resolving to figure it out later.

"When you're done can we go outside?" Trust asked as he continued towards the kitchen. "It's so nice and warm today~"

She didn't know what it was, whether it was the words he said or how he said it. Hope was always good and soon Fear forgot about all that was making her upset, she calmed down and soon the hug for dear life became something softer, less strangling and full of a lot more happiness "Th... Thanks Hope..." she said as she looked up at him, her face filled with a mixture of tears and dirt that she had managed to take from Hopes shirt. But none of that mattered because she was smiling. It wasn't a grin, just a small and sweet smile, and that was enough for Fear, no need to grin and forget how scary everything was! That would be devastating.

As she thought over Hope's request she let out a small hum, thinking to herself as she realized it was the second time this morning people had called her smart! Surely it had to be true. She soon let out a small giggle as she pulled back from her long hug, wiping the tears and most of the dirt from her eyes "how about we play outside by the tree? It's a... pretty safe day outside so we should be ok" she said as she peered out one of the windows, just to make sure "and Hope... I know I say this a lot but thank you" she muttered, not wanting the others to hear like they didn't already know how she acted "I don't know how you do it, but thanks" she said with another smile before grabbing his hand "wanna lead us there... maybe a little slowly bro?"

Jealousy felt more relaxed once Trust took hold of his hand, also the fact that he wasn't still going on about the books helped a lot too. Giving Trust's hand a small squeeze he replied "What ever you want, but food first and what ever we can find sounds good to me" he said looking down as they walked off towards the kitchen completely forgetting about anyone other then Trust and himself.

Since Jealousy's 16th birthday he had started to feel more Jealous of everyone and especially of anyone who spent time with Trust he couldn't control his feelings and there was a good chance he never would, In the back of his mind he kept repeating the same line from one of the books upstairs that was now in his room Jealousy can cause death and destruction where ever he roams, A little shiver ran down his back as he shook the dark thought's back to the back of his mind now is not the time to think about it he thought as he looked back down at Trust.

Trust continued smiling as he entered the kitchen with Jealousy close behind, completely ignorant to the thoughts going through Jealousy's mind at the time. It wasn't unusual for Trust to be ignorant about the things the older ones went through, after all it would be a while until he was let in on the truth of their nature. He knew there were things he didn't know, but it had never bothered him. He had never considered the possibility that the truth could be anything but positive. The thought simply never crossed his mind. Why would it? Ever since he had joined this family he had felt nothing but happiness and he had childishly assumed it would always be that way, that there was no need for it to change. In the end he was still a child.

Trust let go of Jealousy's hand when they reached the kitchen and went about heating up the leftover soup from breakfast. To reach the pots he pulled out his handy step-stool but he still fell just short of reaching the desired item. This would have to be the one complaint Trust had about the house. Everything was too tall, and Trust himself was rather on the short side.

"Oh Fear.... don't worry about it" Hope replied "I just try and live life to the best I can as you know" Hopes shirt was soaked but he didn't care, fear was smiling again which is what Hope wanted. Hope wanted to get a shower but since they were going back outside there was really no point.

As Fear grabbed Hopes hand he started to lead the way outside and making sure he stays away from the mess he created earlier he might ask someone else for help to get the tree house sorted.

Hope noticed Trust was of to get some food and Hope realized he was still hungry but he might be able to find some berries outside which he can eat when they get out.

Hand in Hand Fear and Hope went down the corridor and into the main sitting room where compassion was "Morning Compassion, you don't look happy"

Hope had to say hi to everyone he wanted everyone to be happy and Hope thought compassion definitely wasn't

Upon entering the kitchen Jealousy stood back and watched as Trust tried his hardest to reach everything he needed as the poor younger lad struggled Jealousy couldn't help the small laugh that escaped "Come here shorty" he said walking over and easily grabbing down what Trust wanted. "How about I cook and you watch" He said as he walked over to the fridge and grabbed the bacon out.

As he walked back over to the other side of the room where the grill was He spoke to Trust "So what happened earlier with you and her?" he said meaning fear he couldn't help the disgust in his voice as he remembered seeing her clutching on to Trust foe dear life. He hadn't said anything at the time due to there being more important things at hand. Jealousy turned the grill on and placed the bacon under it, listening to the pop as the meat cooked he slowly turned round and walked to get the bread "Also how about you butter some of this" he said handing everything to trust with a smile.

Trust stood back and watched as Jealousy took over. He puffed out his cheeks slightly at being called shorty but didn't protest. He knew it was in all honesty true. Had always been short for a boy his age, but he was determined to catch up to Jealousy's height eventually. That way nobody could ever call him short again, not that he really minded. Especially when Jealousy said it because he knew he meant it endearingly

He let Jealousy cook for himself and he fetched himself a glass of water, seating himself on the counter. He listened to Jealousy's question and answered when he came over to him.

"Her name is Fear, not she." Trust corrected politely as he took the bread and butter from Jealousy and began buttering the slices. "And that was kind of my fault." He admitted with a small laugh. "I was running in the hallway after I got those books down and I didn't see her come down the stairs. I ran into her." He frowned guiltily. "I felt really bad because I made her cry, she thought I was a book monster, so I took her to find Hope." He smiled again thinking of how much better Fear seemed to be when with Hope.

Bliss unwrapped her third lollipop of the day and stuck it in her mouth, smiling at the strawberry flavor that exploded on her tongue. Well, she smiled wider, that is. Bliss's smile hadn't slipped since she had woken up, which wasn't a rare occurrence. She was lying in her hammock under the large tree right outside the house, happy to not be doing anything. Then her stomach grumbled. "Breakfast!" Bliss decided cheerfully, her voice startling a few birds in the tree above her. She swung her legs over the side of the hammock, swiping at a few strands of blue hair that had fallen in her face, then skipped into the house. She loved the large house, but then again she loved most things. When she reached the kitchen she went straight for the fridge, pulling out a jar of jam and beginning to eat it with a spoon. "Hey guys," she said around a mouthful when she saw the two other occupants of the kitchen.

"Good morning, Bliss~" Trust greeted as he watched the girl scoop jam into her mouth. Trust personally wasn't fond of that type of jam (Trust liked orange marmalade better), so he couldn't understand how anyone could eat it straight from the jar like Bliss had. He held out one of the pieces of bread he had been buttering for. Jealousy in the girls direction, thinking she might like something to go with the spread.

"Do you want some bread? Jam is pretty sweet on its own." He reasoned thoughtfully. Trust liked sweet things, but that was a bit much for even him to stomach.

Bliss's smile grew even more. "Thanks!" she replied, taking it and tearing it in half. She used it to wipe out the remaining jam in the jar, her hands becoming sticky with the sugar. "So have you seen Pride today?" she asked, swallowing before speaking this time. Bliss hopped up on the counter, swinging her legs back and forth as licked some of the jam off of her fingers. Maybe later I can go back to my hammock, she mused, before shaking her head slightly and returning to reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust nodded with a small frown. He hummed in acknowledgement before replying. "Yeah, I saw him earlier." He told the girl, thoughts returning to Pride. "He's not feeling well, though. He's hungover." Trust swung his feet of the counter, looking down. He knew he shouldn't be worrying, Jealousy had told him against it but he couldn't help it. He knew Pride had been out late last night so on top of everything he'd be tired too. Trust had woken up when Pride had come home (Trust's room was across the hall) and he must have been exhausted because he couldn't even stand straight.

Reactions: ++Lillith++
Bliss giggled. "Really?" she asked, before breaking down again. "That's... amazing!" She clapped her hands over her mouth, trying to staunch the flow of laughter spilling from her mouth. "Wha- what did he look like?" Usually Bliss reacted to other's misfortunes with a cheerful smile and a turned back, but this was something else.
He was hungover! And Bliss found that absolutely hilarious. "I... need to see this!" she gasped, clutching her stomach and sliding off the counter.

Trust blinked as he watched the girls reaction to hearing Pride was hungover. He didn't understand why it was so funny that pride was I'll. he knew Bliss usually reacted with cheer to anything but blunt laughter like this was unusual even for her.

"He looked really pail and tired." He answered, cocking his head to the side curiously. "It was pretty bad, I think he threw up too." He frowned deeply as he watched the girl laughing. "Why is it funny?" He asked genuinely curious, since he wasn't even sure he knew what a hangover was.

Bliss just shook her head, tears now running down her face. "Get... Jelly to tell you," she choked. She ran over to the sink and splashed water on her face. "And his face must have been priceless!" Bliss managed to calm down but one look at Trust's innocent, confused face set her off again. "Like yours right now!" she giggled. She pulled another lollipop out of her pocket and set about unwrapping it.
She would have to go find Pride later. She couldn't pass up an opportunity to see something that funny.

"I'll ask him." He agreed as he continued to watch bliss. He watched until Bliss made the comment about his face and he poked at his cheek in question. "My face?" He enquired curiously, wondering what kind of expression he was making at that time. He didn't think he was doing anything funny, but maybe he'd have to see it himself to really understand. He gave a small smile though, happy that bliss had found so much amusement in both himself and Pride. "You're always so happy bliss." He smiled softly. "I'm glad."

Status
Not open for further replies.