FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually every day, but I often don't like posting every day.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, high fantasy, romance, slice of life, sci-fi, grimdark, light fandoms (next gen, non canon chars, etc)
I like scary things. I also like cute things. Well, our good friend Greenie has the scary covered, so why don't we make things just a little more adorable?

I want you to take this spooky image below, and write something that will make me go "awww" and want to vomit rainbows.

Picture of the Week:

Happy Writing!​

It had been a long day, and now that Gabrielle was in bed, all she wanted to do was read some more of her childhood favourite series... Animorphs. It was a hidden hobby; her boyfriend thought she was weird already with the kind of books she read, and she didn't want to give him any more fuel to tease her with.

Once she was sure he was fast asleep (his thunderous snores were proof), she reached down under her bed and pulled out the book she had been reading. Just to be sure, she shone her flashlight on the cover. Yes indeed, Marco was morphing into a gorilla, this was indeed book five.

She blinked; it felt like someone was watching her. She quickly looked over her shoulder, hoping Daniel wasn't awake. A breath of relief escaped her when she saw it wasn't him at all, the snores once again comfirming he was in dreamland.

Instead, there was a rather long and spindly creature with a bulbous head perched upon the headboard and leaning over, looking down at her... or was it the book? She blinked yet again, and realization dawned upon her.

It wanted to read too!

Looks like I have a reading buddy at last! Gabrielle's thoughts were rather jubilant as she opened the book wide, shining the light careful on the pages before looking back at the creature for comfirmation that it could see as well. It gave her thumb's up and a goofy smile, uneven dagger like teeth shining in the reflection of the light.

Gabrielle returned the grin and thumb's up with one of her own before turning back to read, patiently waiting at the end of each page for the poke to her shoulder that would prompt her to turn the page.

And so began the lasting friendship of Gabby and Bulby.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tarieles
Mandy snuggled in her covers and tapped the tablet to life. She looked over her shoulder, "Narf...I hate calculus...HELP!"

The crooked spindly arm outstretched, "You make things too hard. it is not so."

"Easy for you to say. You've had hundred of years to learn this stuff. I am expected to learn it in three months..."

"I am not going to help you cheat again, Mandy. You have to learn things on your own."

"But WHY?" she whined, "I promise I'll learn Spanish all by myself...just help me with this."

Narf sighed and stretched out his hand and touched her head with those long slender fingers, "This is the LAST time." He said as he fed information directly to her brain that would enable her to understand and perform calculus functions and solve problems easily. He leaned down as she fell asleep and kissed the top of her head. It would not be the last time, he knew. He loved her. She would ask and he would relent. He sighed and settled back down to the floor and under her bed.