Mahou ♥ Mission - OOC [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shattered♦Secrets™ Light of Serenity should return certain amounts of sanity, not simply return it to normal immediately. What makes bonus effects... a bonus? Do they only work in certain cases, or are they always a part of the spell?

@Shattered♦Secrets™ Light of Serenity should return certain amounts of sanity, not simply return it to normal immediately. What makes bonus effects... a bonus? Do they only work in certain cases, or are they always a part of the spell?
Yeah, is that not ok? And Ok I'll put the skill only puts a certain amount of sanity.
I also have that, much more offensive though.
Yeah I couldn't think of a lot of light attack skills, Gabbi would be a little bit of a healer and buffer, with some attacks. Maybe later on in the rp, if it;s possible she could get more attacks.

@Asuras is this better:

Light Of Serenity-Gabbi can bring her sanity up at 10%. when she absorbs the light from her Magical Lantern. The light becomes a calming mechanism, warming her and relaxing her.(It brings her sanity up overtime).

@Asuras one question, do the girls get more points during the rp, or our we just going to have that 20. Would be nice to bring up stats through rp.

I have to say, this looks interesting, so I may give it a shot. I'm not sure I can shoehorn any existing characters/ideas into things, but I may give a few a shot anyway, because it can be fun to try. Any sort of general concepts we're missing? I might go with something high on sanity, or a regeneration-based "tank" of sorts, but those are very very general sort of concepts.

Just to ask, what sort of fun would Space-elemental magic get up to?

I also just absolutely love the idea of die rolls leading to...stuff. The impartial Random Number Gods are always fun to have around. Especially if they decide you either roll spectacularly well, or spectacularly poorly, with no middle ground.

Yeah, is that not ok? And Ok I'll put the skill only puts a certain amount of sanity.

No it's fine it just seems confusing. xD Generally the idea behind bonus abilities is that they're not always active, otherwise they'd just be a normal, non-bonus part of the spell.

How about Light of Serenity is just a passive that naturally increases her sanity slowly while out of combat?

Also yes, the girls will be "leveling up" as time goes on. After more notable battles (not necessarily difficult ones, but ones that aren't wimpy) I'll probably allow for point(s) to be gained.

Just to ask, what sort of fun would Space-elemental magic get up to?

Glad you asked! Space magic is fond of teleportation, gravity manipulation, radiation, mass manipulation, among other "science-y" things. If you've got doubts about whether or not a spell fits into the Space element, feel free to ask.

Glad you asked! Space magic is fond of teleportation, gravity manipulation, radiation, mass manipulation, among other "science-y" things. If you've got doubts about whether or not a spell fits into the Space element, feel free to ask.
Oh, very nice. I could definitely have various kinds of fun with all that. I'll probably just go straight to PMs to brainstorm/discuss ideas, though. Because I know I'd do it sooner or later. Probably mostly on concept things like hashing out magical abilities or other such things. Being completely blind to the system means possibly asking a bit about what would be important if I want to do X well, but I probably won't worry too much about that. It's mostly the fiddly bits like what sort of magic can be set up and other such things that one may or may not be able to get away with that I'd need to get nailed down.

Oh, very nice. I could definitely have various kinds of fun with all that. I'll probably just go straight to PMs to brainstorm/discuss ideas, though. Because I know I'd do it sooner or later. Probably mostly on concept things like hashing out magical abilities or other such things. Being completely blind to the system means possibly asking a bit about what would be important if I want to do X well, but I probably won't worry too much about that. It's mostly the fiddly bits like what sort of magic can be set up and other such things that one may or may not be able to get away with that I'd need to get nailed down.

The general rule in formulating spells is that you should focus on what the spells do in terms of numbers and effects, not dice. I can take such explanations and adapt them behind the scenes to a form that can utilize the dice I'll be rolling.

No it's fine it just seems confusing. xD Generally the idea behind bonus abilities is that they're not always active, otherwise they'd just be a normal, non-bonus part of the spell.

How about Light of Serenity is just a passive that naturally increases her sanity slowly while out of combat?

Also yes, the girls will be "leveling up" as time goes on. After more notable battles (not necessarily difficult ones, but ones that aren't wimpy) I'll probably allow for point(s) to be gained.
OK, I will change it to passive^^. And I understand the confusion, I just couldn't think of another like name for the bonus effect. Maybe Side Effect or Extra Effect xD. I think Side Effect might work.

@Asuras I just changed it To Xtra Effect, sounds cooler.

Edited my signup post. I know it's painfully similar to Shattered's character, but she's also a character I'm trying to develop for a story I'm writing, and she desperately needs work. I'm stuck, and roleplaying my characters is my preferred way of unsticking myself.

Edited my signup post. I know it's painfully similar to Shattered's character, but she's also a character I'm trying to develop for a story I'm writing, and she desperately needs work. I'm stuck, and roleplaying my characters is my preferred way of unsticking myself.
xD It's not that close to her mines. It's nice to have another Light Magic girl in the bunch.

Alright. I'll review it.

I'm closing signups for now. R-9 and Skyswimsky, who have already begun working on posts (that have any visible work put into them so far) and Daird will be the last to potentially get in.

@daird The amounts of damage your spells are capable of pulling off are quite frankly absurd. Most enemies you'll encounter early on won't have more than 3-4 health points (and those would be bigger enemies, at that), so something like 4 (forget 12, jesus christ) damage with several spells is pretty OP. I'd say keep the spell damages to less than 4 at most for now. Most spells that character's currently utilize will be dealing 1 damage as it is.

Damage of all offensive spells decreased. In addition, charge time on Radiant Annihilation increased, and allow me to justify Barrage of Light. First off, half the time the spell will do nothing at all even if I roll a success (tails on first flip). Secondly, although the potential damage is infinite, when you run the numbers, the average damage dealt is... 1. Don't believe me? Google Zeno's Paradox; it works exactly like that.

Regardless of the average likelihood of it, in practice I'm sure you understand that it's not too uncommon to see several heads or tails in a row. It's just what happens.

In any case the potential for an infinite (even though it won't happen) amount of damage dealt is just not acceptable at this current level of the roleplay. Regardless of chances, it means you have the potential to outright kill something you clearly shouldn't be able to in just one strike. This just can't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.