Maho Shojo no Yoso!

At the very least her magical costume seemed to be waterproof, so she wasn't going to be sodden when she climbed out, even her skin and hair had dried as if the water was propelled from her skin.
The others soon joined her outside, Fenn was looking slightly alarmed and Becky had a towel wrapped around her chest.
"The imp seems to have somehow targeted us... It's stronger than me in the water".
Fenn declared.

"That's... really not good," Kelly admitted as Fenn told her the bad news. "We're going to need to give it everything we've got, but this one could be a problem for you. Fenn, can you do anything with ice, or are you limited to liquid water? That might be a way for you to hurt it."

"We'll come back tonight, after the place closes. That way, we can have free rein, and not worry about anyone else getting in the way. They'll have the place locked up, but that shouldn't be a problem for you, Beck."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Maybe we could lure it out or trap it or something... And I can sort of change water temperature but so can the imp, and I can't make ice... Yet at least..."
Fenn admitted, a little embarrassed at being so overwhelmed in her own element.

"Yeah... I'll sneak out later and knock the gate down if I have to..."
Becky started to say before being cut off by Fenn... Who produced a member's all hours key...
"Maybe leave the smashing for another time?..."

If it was possible for Kelly to turn ever redder, she managed it. "Ah... er… yeah, that's probably a better move. Let's not cause any more property damage than we absolutely have to, shall we." Her voice dropped low, just to make sure they weren't overheard. "I'll meet you here at ten tonight, and we can get to work."

The appointed meeting time came around, and once again, Kelly was first on the scene. She tried to feel if anything was out of place in the pool, hoping that she could sense the imp. Nothing. She sat down again and waited for her friends.

Oddly enough Becky was the second to arrive! And not even particularly disheveled or out of breath, she had clearly done her best not to disappoint and even had the crystal, still in it's floaty cover.

Fenn arrived last but only by a few minutes, she also had a book in her arms, titled 'lesser entities of demonic nature, the field book'.
It looked like she had been busy! Having found it within the grandfather's study.

Kelly smiled as her friends pulled up. "Good to see the two of you again. Ready to get to work?" Then, her eyes caught the book in Fenn's hand. That could be useful indeed, and if she had access to other books, it would be a great source of knowledge that could help them immensely.

"Ah, see you've brought along a little light reading, Fenn. Does it have information on how to get rid of our friend?"

"Yeah! That pervert imp won't embarrass me again!"
Becky declared, blushing just a little as she recalled their run in earlier on, she hadn't even seen the thing when it made it's move.

"Yes... I am ready, and this book is from my grandfather's study... And I found the imp".
She opened the book to page with a drawing similar to the picture they had been given.
"Water imps are mostly mischievous in clean water and avoid salt... However, polluted water makes then more mischievous, and with enough time they may transform, gaining power and murderous intent... I'm not certain, but I believe Chlorine may count as a pollutant... Which is why it tried to drown me".

"Okay, we know why the imp turned evil now, but I don't think we're going to be able to dechlorinate the water any time soon. We need to find a way to flush it out so we can hit it with everything we've got. I still think my 'shock everything' plan has some merit to it, but I'm willing to listen to suggestions." Kelly looked at Becky and Fenn. There was no need for an overly complicated plan here, in her opinion, yet the others could have some useful ideas as well.

"No... And even if we did it would take weeks for the chlorine to leave it's system... Draining wouldn't work either, the pool owner has to bring in a pump truck for that... But I'm not sure what else we could do...".
Fenn admitted... Before Becky raised her hand!
"Umm... Pools have purifiers and stuff right? What if we like, reversed them so all the dirt and stuff went into the pool?".
The suggestion seemed to stun Fenn for a moment.
"Well... If it's anything like normal water imps... That should be enough to make it attack us directly".

"I don't know how to reverse the purifier, but I do have another way to get him out." Kelly walked over to a grassy patch over by the pool concrete and pulled up a clump of grass... which came with a huge clump of dirt attached. Tossing both grass and dirt in the pool, she called out to the unseen imp, "We'll keep doing this until you come out and give us a fight! What's it going to be, pal?"

The dirt didn't even bother the thing, plenty of dirt fell into rivers and oceans so it didn't bother it... What did bother it was the enormous amounts of weedkiller, fertilizer plastic and other crap in modern dirt.
Soon enough the imp itself emerged! It didn't look much like the picture anymore, it was ragged and pale and angry, as well as larger! It didn't even speak, instead attacking, bolts of boiling water at incredible speeds flying towards them.

Kelly managed to transform just before the scalding blast hit her, and it was a damn good thing- that would have left her badly burned if she'd still been normal. It still hurt, though. Hoping that Fenn and Becky had been able to follow her lead, she cupped her hands, charging up a larger bolt than she ever had so far. "Thunder Beam!"

Fenn and Becky had both managed to transform, and Fenn wasn't even wet, having either dodged or controlled the water.
The beam was big enough that even the imp couldn't completely Dodge, it clipped a wing, slowing it down.
It retaliated by throwing a moving wave of ice! Of course Becky had a rather simple answer to that and simply punched the wall, shattering the ice and sending it everywhere.

"Good shot, Beck!" Kelly shouted as she dashed around the pool. Clearly, the imp was going to be at it's most dangerous if it had a good supply of water to work with, so she fired off a barrage of lightning bolts to drive it backwards and onto dry land, but she was starting to run low on energy. She didn't have the juice to keep this up for long- either somebody needed to get a good shot in, or it was going to fall to Becky and Fenn to finish the job.

As Kelly drove it back with lightning Fenn began manipulating water, throwing as Much as she could out of the pool to lower the level.
After a minute or two it was on dryish ground and looking a little worried, suddenly it's wings stretched out... It was going to fly away! Or it would have, if Becky didn't crash tackle the imp and hold it to the ground.

Kelly ran over to where Becky had trapped the imp. "The shop owner said she needed the imp killed, so..." The blonde girl looked at the creature with the barest hint of pity. "Nothing personal, pal. It's just business." The she grabbed the imp by the face and sent all her remaining electricity through it, doing her best not to electrocute Becky in the process.

She seemed to mostly control her power, with Becky only feeling a slight jolt, barely even painful with her magical protections up.
The imp however was in much more pain! Though it only lasted a few seconds more before the little monster evaporated, which according to Fenn meant it was returning to whatever plane such things came from, unable to return unless summoned.
"Yeah! We did it! Take that ya stupid little thing!"
Becky shouted, clearly happy to get a little payback for her earlier embarrassment.

Kelly sighed with relief- though she hadn't shown it, her inexperience in these sorts of things had made her a little nervous. As the imp evaporated, she glanced at Becky and Fenn. "Well, that's that, at least. I think we should head back before our parents find out we're missing, then report our success tomorrow. Hopefully, that woman's willing to lend us a hand."

Becky's excitement wavered a little.
"Ugh... I hope I can sneak past grandma... I swear she never sleeps!"
She complained, while Fenn seemed completely unbothered.
"My family knows I'm out, I told them I was hunting an imp and they assumed I was going out with a boyfriend... It's quite amusing".

The three split up and would be able to meet up at the bookshop with the entrance to the magic market, Becky looking as rushed as ever.

Kelly groaned as Becky showed up looking absolutely disheveled. "Honestly, Beck? It looks like your styling routine involves sticking a fork in a light socket. Do you ever bother looking in a mirror before leaving?" When Fenn arrived, the blonde looked the water wielder over. "Gang's all here, it seems. Fenn, would you do the honors?"