Maho Shojo no Yoso!

"Partially correct, not only did you not ask but... I forgot I had done it until recently, I... Was in a worse state than currently, more on something akin to autopilot, and I cannot remember who the girl is... Only that she attends your educational facility".
The crystal announced, narrowing it down to say, a couple of hundred people.

"Huh... So all we need to do is go around school and look at girls until we can figure out who is magical! That sounds easy".
Becky declared.

"And a touch creepy," Kelly responded. Still, it seemed like a decent plan. Bring Crystal, have her narrow down the list of suspects, and go from there. There was just one thing that would slow this down. "Problem is, it's Sunday. We'll have to wait for tomorrow to do that. That means that Citrus Sweets is our best option today. I know the place, it's on Third and Main. We can be there in fifteen minutes. Want to come with, Beck?"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Ehh? It is?... But I... Uhh, never mind".
It seemed Becky had realized that yes, that was quite creepy, even if it was the best plan they had right that second.
"Ehh... I might as well I guess? It's not like I've got anyone else to hang out with on the weekends, and it's way better than calling me if you are in trouble or something".

The pair made their way over to Citrus Sweets. The café was rather quaint in décor, with lovely orange decorations all around. It seemed to be rather slow business today, as there weren't any customers inside. Which was rather perfect for Kelly and Becky's purposes.

Kelly took Crystal out of her purse. "I think there's someone here who'd like to speak to you, sir. Say hello, Crystal."

The man at the counter turned to greet the girls with a polite smile, but upon seeing the crystal it quickly twisted into a look of sheer terror.
"By god... Get that out of here! I don't know who you are but I'll..."
He was cut off by a splash of sweet orange tea to the as a woman walked out from behind him.
"Now now Austin... Why don't you go in back and I'll serve these young ladies..."
He quickly nodded and walked into a back room.
"That is quite a dangerous weapon you have there... And here I was thinking you were normal".

"Could I have a large cherry Danish, please?" As the woman started work on her order, Kelly commented, "Well, up until a couple of days ago, we were normal. Now, I'm starting to wonder just what normal is." Kelly gave Crystal a look. "Dangerous weapon, eh? The more I learn about you, the more I want to get your memories back- the more I learn about you, the more I realize you must have quite the story."

The Danish didn't take long to prepare and serve, it was warm and smelled simply divine, one benefit of using magic to cook was that it was simply better than the mundane alternative.
"Oh! New to all this huh? Well come to me if you need a hand alright? I'm not super powerful but probably know a little more than you".
As she said that she seemed to reveal her power for a moment, it gave her a faint shimmer, smaller than the blaze that was Becky or the blinding sun of the crystal.

"I was aware of my potential as a weapon... Though would still very much like my memories to return".
The crystal agreed as the owner stared at them.
"Huh, well if that thing is speaking I'm not hearing it, maybe it works kinda like a familiar..."
She suggested before running over to serve a couple of new customers, an unknown boy and a girl from school.

"Considering the fact that we don't have a clue what's going on, you better know more than us!" Kelly couldn't help cracking a smile, though. It was nice to meet someone who had powers like her and Becky.

Speaking of which, there was something... odd about the new girl who had come in with someone who Kelly could only presume was her boyfriend. "Crystal, that girl. There's some kind of energy about her. Do you think that's the girl you gave powers to?"

"Well... In that case I'm sure I can tell you a few things... But, not unless you ask alright? I can't be seen as volunteering information, rule number one of the magical world, if someone doesn't know what to ask, they shouldn't know the answers either, and that's the one thing I will tell you right up".

The crystal seemed to be staring for a while, well as Much as a crystal COULD stare anyway, before sighing.
"That is not her... However, she is strange... I feel latent magical abilities... And also, some sort of low powered magical spell, a charm spell I think...".

"That makes sense, I guess." Kelly had to agree, magic seemed really dangerous. Seriously, she'd already been attacked! While she mulled over the zillion questions in her mind, she turned her attention to what Crystal had said.

"A charm spell? What exactly do you mean, Crystal? You need to remember, I have no clue about any of this." Still, she welled up the power within her, yet kept it tightly leashed. She didn't want to make the first move, but she definitely want to be ready. Hopefully, Becky was already doing the exact same thing.

"I... Am trying... She seems to be charmed with something similar to an obedience charm... But weaker, and not always in effect... Like she is fighting against whoever charmed her".
The crystal declared, right before the boy who had come in seemed to finish his business and head out, the girl getting up to follow.

Mind manipulation?! Kelly was suddenly really frightened. Would she even notice she was being affected in the first place? She gave Becky a look so pointed you could probably stab someone with it, then began to follow the pair at a respectable distance. Hopefully the other girl would get the hint, and a bad tail was better than none at all.

"Crystal, let me know if you figure out anything more about that obedience charm."

Despite her less than stellar grades, Becky was not in fact stupid and quickly understood the situation, prepped to transform at a moment's notice as they followed the girl.
It seemed she was following the boy from the store, was he the one who cast the charm?
Whether he was or not he was certainly sharp! Suddenly dashing down an alley and away from them.

Kelly nodded at Becky, then kicked it into high gear. With a flash of electricity, she transformed, then used her Lightning Leap to teleport in front of him. "I don't think you'll be getting away that easy, pal. We've got a few questions for you. That girl you were with- somebody's been messing with her mind. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that- would you?"

The boy didn't seen surprised at being intercepted, and in fact... Was smiling?... Even as Becky approached from behind, fists raised.
"Heh... Wow, okay I was expecting to be confronted but not right where I set my trap...."
With those words he clicked his fingers and tendrils of shadow burst from the walls, wrapping Kelly and Becky's legs.
"Oh! And you brought the crystal with you too!... And... Those outfits..."
He suddenly seemed to get incredibly distracted looking the transformed states, his gaze making Becky a little uncomfortable, though... With how he was distracted, it might just be possible to throw the crystal...

Kelly's legs were wrapped tightly by the constricting coils of shadow, and from she could see, Becky was going to have just as much trouble moving. But their captor seemed to have overlooked something so obvious, she couldn't could believe it.

"You know, this was a pretty good trap. Not going to be easy to escape from. But let me give you a little bit of advice for next time..." As she threw Crystal to Becky, Kelly couldn't help snarking, "Get the arms, too."

Becky didn't seem to know what to do, but managed just barely to catch the crystal, earning a slight chuckle from their captor.
"Oh wonderful, now it's a whole metre away from me? Whatever shall I d..."
He was cut off by Becky flinging it at his head, knocking him over from the force, and causing the orb to roll to the girl from their school.
"Owww... P..pick it up Fenn!"

Seemingly responding to the order Fenn complied... And a moment later was covered in a bright, almost watery light, emerging in an outfit quite different from before...
"Spell broken".
Crystal announced triumphantly before Fenn launched a blast of water at their enemy, who called the shadow bonds to block, freeing Becky and Kelly.
The man seemed momentarily distracted stating at Fenn's outfit to notice they had escaped...

The three of them were in a rough triangle, surrounding the bad guy. Excellent- he won't be getting away now! Oddly enough, the fact that he might well be powerful enough to kill all three of them never crossed her mind. Kelly channeled her magic into her hands, calling out, "Electroblast!" Two balls of lightning arced out towards the villain in such a way that it would be nearly impossible for him to dodge both, and if he blocked, that would open him to attacks from Becky and Fenn.

The man was too busy blocking Fenn's assault to take note of the electro attack, and likely would have taken it head on.
Unfortunately, Becky chose this moment to charge, intending to hit the guy, and ended up taking one of the balls herself, followed by a blast of water which knocked her to the ground, alerting the enemy who was able to side step the second as Fenn seemed to run out of juice and stopped her attack, breathing deeply.
"Hahh... You're not ready at all! You've got the outfits..."
He looked them over again quickly.
"You have the powers... But I have the advant..."
He seemed to be unable to finish as something only he could hear spoke.
"Well well... It seems I'm not to fight you here..."
With out another word he simply... Fell through the ground, vanishing in seconds right before their eyes into a hole of smoky darkness that closed after him.

The boy's words were absolutely horrifying- it seemed there was someone else he reported to. Was there an entire society of evil sorcerers out there? But there were more immediate matters to tend to.

The lightning powered girl went up to Becky and helped her back on her feet. "You know, we have got to stop doing this, Beck. It's getting to be a habit. And Fenn, nice work with the water spells. I think we've got the potential to do a lot of good, if we can just get on each other's wavelength. There's got to be signals or something we can use without tipping the bad guys off."