Maho Shojo no Yoso!

Becky nodded, seeming to wince at the movement, she definitely needed some time to rest up and recuperate before anything else, she could work as a test for how quick they healed at least.
"Yeah, that sounds good, my parents will freak if I don't get home soon, they won't mind the bruises though, never do".
She replied.

"I am sure it will do nicely as a base, I am sure the man hunting me will not be expecting such a mundane location as a hiding spot".
The orb seemed to go quiet at that question, and for a moment it seemed to have gone to sleep again, before it finally replied.
"A name... I know I had one... But it appears to have slipped away from me... My apologies, I will try and answer any other questions you may have, but I know little of myself other than my purpose as a source of magical energy".
It admitted with a hint of what could be sadness? Thought it was hard to tell with it speaking directly into her brain with such a thoroughly neutral tone.

"Okay, so it's up to me to give you a name." Kelly thought for a minute, but the best she could do was rather unimaginative. "Okay, how about Crystal? It's not an unheard-of name, and honestly, you do kind of look like one."

"With that settled, let me start asking questions. You just mentioned a man that's looking for you. Do you remember anything about him? I assume he wants you for your magic, and his motives aren't exactly pure."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Hmm... Crystal... It's better than nothing, and it IS quite accurate for my current form".
They seemingly accepted the name, and Kelly would get a feeling almost like it was nodding, it seemed communication wasn't just verbal with Crystal.
"Ahh, yes, even I do not know much, his attack was unexpected, but I do know he is a sorcerer, leader of a small cabal of weaker sorcerers, he is incredibly powerful already, yet seeks this crystal to increase his own might, I believe he may attempt to conquer part of the mundane world with the power he would gain".
They declared, if there was a mundane world, perhaps there was a magical one?

A moment later they seemed to have realized the possible question they had created and chose to answer it.
"There is only one Earth... However, while you usually interact with the mundane parts of it, there is an underlying magical community hidden from mortal eyes, except of course, for humans who gain magical powers, such as you now".

"Okay, now we're getting somewhere." Kelly shook her head. Two hours ago, she'd just been your average student, and now she found herself shanghaied into some sort of magical war. Needless to say, it had been a very weird day. "You're a source of magical energy. Got it. What exactly can this energy do? I mean, the lightning was cool and all, don't get me wrong, but there are things I need to know simply so I can protect both of us."

Crystal went quiet again for a short while, and it almost seemed as if they were asleep again... Before finally answering, having apparently been thinking about what to say.
"I must be honest... I am not sure what I can or can't do, I... Can only remember a short time before finding that other girl, Becky, it would appear the enemy attempted to capture me and... Damaged me, quite severely".
It almost seemed to shudder, clearly recalling something exceptionally unpleasant.
"I do know I can seemingly grant powers to create guardians for myself, and I can sense magical energy being used, but for now at least, that's all I know".

"Okay, that's good to know. I still don't know why you had to choose me of all people, but I guess we're stuck with each other." Kelly rubbed a stray hair out of her eye. "Tomorrow's Sunday, so I don't have school. We can go out to the park again, really test out these powers you've given me. Maybe I can get Becky out there too, have us a practice duel."

"To be perfectly honest... You were there, and were compatible... Though there was also something else there, buried within you... I am not certain what it was but it matched the feeling I got from Becky, as before, I wish I could tell you more, but my memory..."
It seemed genuinely distressed by the lack of knowledge it had about he situation, well at least as distressed as it was possible for a shiny crystal lump to be anyway.
"Ahh, that would be ideal, neither of you are particularly well versed in your abilities... And we cannot rely on the enemy having natural weaknesses to your attacks all the time".

"Then that settles it. It's getting late now, so I'll dash off a text to Becky and tell her when and where to meet, and then I'll go to bed. See you tomorrow, Crystal."

The next morning, Kelly got up about an hour later than she had planned. Apparently the power had cut out during the night, and thus her alarm clock had failed to go off. And it all happened because of a lack of electricity. Oh, the goddamn irony. She put on a white top and jean skirt, and dashed out the door at top speed. When she got to the park, though, Becky was nowhere to be seen. Is she just late, or did another monster attack?

"Rest well, I will attempt to recover my energy in case it is needed".
The crystal declared before going dark again, apparently asleep again.
It seemed that more than just her house was dark, it looked like her entire street at the very least was powerless that morning, at least it was a Sunday an not a school or work day for most people.
The park was a bit busier than the previous day, though not too much as the weather was still a little dubious.

As she waited Becky soon arrived, from the looks of her she had just barely made it out of bed.
"S..sorry, stupid power is down..."
She declared, taking a moment to catch her breath before continuing.
"Anyway, you called me here, and here I am, just a little late is all".

"Good to see you, Beck. I was getting worried, thought something might have happened to you." Kelly transformed again, then looked at Crystal. "Honey, you have got to get me a better outfit. I look like a bumblebee on acid." She stared intently at Becky, waiting to see what her powers were. "Alright, Becky. Show me what you got!"

"Well, unless you include nearly being hit by a maniac in a hearse, nothing happened to me today".
She assured, doing some quick arm stretches while she waited for Kelly to transform.
"Your outfit is based off of your own preferences and inner being, I can not affect it's appearance".
They replied, earning an odd look from Becky.
"Huh, guess it's got more energy now, it could barely string together two words when I found it!"
Becky grinned and seemed to focus for a moment before her body lit up, obscuring it from sight as her outfit changed.
"I seem to have some sort of physical based power set...".
She stated.

"Physical's not such a bad thing." Kelly remarked. "A good dose of super strength can solve a lot of problems, too." Lightning danced in between her fingertips as she took a clumsy approximation of a ready stance. "We'll work on close-in stuff, then. I can do target practice any time, and it seems like that would be much more of a help for you. Come at me whenever you're ready, Beck."

(Sorry for the delay, laptop is completely dead, like for good, so I'm stuck on a terrible phone)

"Heh, good point! And it's waaay easier to figure out punching things than anything like what you have I bet".
Becky seemed a little happier about her abilities now, as simple as they apparently were, and judging from the machine the previous day, she was at least strong enough to damage metal.
"Cool... I'll try not to like, hurt you or anything".
She promised, before moving forwards with clearly superhuman speed as she kicked off the ground and swung a simple punch, even before making contact Kelly would be able to feel it, as if a fist sized bullet of air struck her, and if she didn't react quickly an actual fist would follow.

Kelly caught the shockwave, but stood through it, and managed to turn away from the worst of the punch. It merely grazed her side, but that was more than enough to sting. "Damn, Beck, you got some game!" Kelly responded before channeling the power of lightning into her own fists. She threw a quick left jab, and then a right hook, not bothering to wait for the first punch to connect.

Becky's only answer was a quick grin as she prepared to throw another hit, but telegraphed so obviously that dodging was a simple task, despite being powered up, it seemed that actual martial skill was something she needed to learn herself.
Both jabs hit Becky, one in the chest and the other her arm, she didn't seem too affected until she looked up.
"W...whoah! Time out!"
Her hair was standing up... The electricity in the attacks having totally ruined her admittedly sloppy hairdo.

Kelly looked at her partner with undisguised mirth in her eyes. "You should look at yourself in a mirror, Beck- it looks you stuck a fork in a light socket!" She rooted around in her purse before finally finding a comb. "Here you go. And I do apologize about that- it's something I honestly hadn't considered. Remind me to look at anti-frizz products when I go out shopping next."

"Hahh... Jeez, this looks terrible... Much worse than what a light socket does!"
Apparently Becky had experience with sticking forks in light sockets... Well she did always seem to be tougher than most, often shrugging off falls and hits in gym class that would have just about anyone else on the floor in tears, when mixed with her... Less than amazing intelligence, the fact that she might have stuck something metal in a socket was all too believable.
"I'll do that..."
She mumbled, trying to finger comb her hair into something a little more presentable, all thoughts of sparring far from her mind, she was at a disadvantage fighting Kelly anyway.

"Hey, do you think there are other magical girls around? hat orb thingy told me about a whole hidden magical world, so that means we can't be the only ones right?"

Becky had a decent idea? I'm half expecting the grass to turn orange and the weather to rain chocolate balls. "Could very well be. Could be a lot of other things, too. Fairies, unicorns, all that jazz." Kelly looked at Crystal expectantly. "You said you can detect sources of magical energy nearby. Anything we should be aware of- good, bad, or indifferent? It would definitely be worth knowing what's lurking under our doorstep."

It could have been the look on her face or just a well placed guess but Becky seemed to guess what Kelly was thinking, and huffed, a little angry but not overly so.
"I'm not totally stupid ya know... I'm just bad at book stuff".
She mumbled, before turning her attention to the crystal, despite the fact that it spoke in their minds rather than from any sort of mouth on it's 'body'.

"Yes, and while I cannot simply tell you about everything... Purely out of lack of personal knowledge of them of course, there are a few things you may find useful, there is a cafe not far from here... I believe it is called Citrus Sweets, the owner is in fact a low level sorcerer, and they cater to both magical and mundane customers, other than that there is an entrance to a magic market which I cannot currently reveal to you... And most importantly perhaps, is the first girl I gave powers to, she... Doesn't appear to have noticed her new magical abilities".

Kelly was taken aback by the end of Crystal's comment. That was a major lead, and one she and Becky simply had to take advantage of. "You do realize that you probably should have told us there was another magical girl running around right away. Why didn't you?"

After thinking about it, though, Kelly realized the answer to her question was right in front of her. "I know, I know, we didn't ask. Now, could you do us a big favor and point us in the right direction, please?"