"I have good legs-- o-oh, I... I don't think so. They're sort of boring. Can legs be boring? I... I dunno... Maybe that's why I need to work out, do those exercises and... and like my brother says, you know what you're doing. Look at you. You're kinda... hunky. Very hunky, a-actually. Really cute," he blurted, though it wasn't something he had let slip out unintentionally. He wanted to offer up some sort of flirtatious comment in return to Tyrone's unsubtle flirtatiousness. It was all well and good bashfully blushing, but he didn't want to just... well, sit there and not offer up anything in return.

However awkward he felt coming out with this sort of thing.

"Totally the cutest guy I've ever met, anyway! And... And if you're not embarrassed by going to the gym with me, I'd love that! Maybe, if... if it goes okay and we have fun, we could go to the art gallery afterwards? I... I dunno. I like art, it's something I'm passionate about but I've never got to go to a gallery before."

"You both need to grow up and realize that you both have great qualities," Tyrone insisted, clearly less patient than Felix over the twins' clearly low self-esteem. Clearing his throat, he offered a smile to the group before scooting out of the booth. "I'm going to go to the bathroom, yeah?"

Watching Tyrone leave the seat in a small air of annoyance, Cain turned to his brother with an awkward smile.

"... I guess it's just in our nature," Cain whispered as he bit his lip. "I think you could help that, though, yeah? I don't want to rely on someone else to make me feel better..."

"...Every time I think we're getting on,he just... shuts it down or walks away and it's not... fair. This just feels like he's playing games with me, Cain. I don't want to be stuck, hanging on his every word l-like some lovesick loser w-when... when he clearly has no intention of dating me. He's playing s-stupid games and I'm not an idiot. Why do people treat me like an idiot? I-I'm... smart in a different way, and I'm definitely not dumb enough to sit back a-and let him just k-knock me down e-every f-fucking second," blurted Gabriel suddenly, any happiness and giddiness he'd had moment prior being torn down in just one or two seconds. He had gone through this emotion dozens of times - he felt he was getting somewhere with Tyrone, and then the teenager would just walk away or say something insulting, and he'd have to start right back from the bottom.

Eventually, that got exhausting and he just wasn't prepared to do that again.

"Can I get t-the number from that guy you said liked me? I... I could.. c-could get a phone when I get home and text him and... I'm sure he'll be nicer to me."

"I... I mean, sure? Sure, course I can," began Felix, only to hand across his phone instead. "Text him from there, go right at it. He was pretty fucking eager to meet you actually."

Growing quiet, Cain eyed his brother carefully as he tapped his fingers on the table before taking a sip of his soda. His silence was a bit eery, but not surprising to his twin - his deep thought was often pretty obvious as he stared at the bathroom door. Eventually, the older twin offered an encouraging smile.

"We could just leave him here," Cain murmured as his fingers continued to tap. "If he's going to be a little... bitch the whole time, why would I want that? Clearly no one is really taking in the seriousness of the situation. This is the same man who hurt our mother, this isn't some vacation for us to all enjoy."

"I know it's serious. I just don't want to sit here thinking about the fact we're going to kill our father, it makes me stressed," mumbled the other as he tiredly watched Felix head to the counter for some more napkins, feeling he could speak openly now the human had gotten up. "...We can't leave Tyrone, that'd be cruel. He... He's playing nasty games and I don't like him when he does that, but he... he's part of this trip too. I just won't speak to him. H-He can go screw some guys and spend his life doing that 'cos he clearly doesn't want to be with me, but that's... it's fine! His loss, right?"

"You and I both know that you can't do that," Cain replied flatly as he watched Felix, his puppy-dog eyes following the other the whole time. It wasn't until he focused himself to lock on his brother with a frown. "You're a talkative person, Gabriel. You can't sit in a car for days without acknowledging him, that's... insane. I'd talk it out, you know?"

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Talk it out so he can call me obsessed and stupid and... and that he was just harmlessly flirting, that I shouldn't take it so seriously? I-It'll upset me, Cain! I've liked him for ages and he flirts with me and then... I think we're doing good and then he just... walks off and it's like he's using me, for some horrid g-game. At least Felix really likes you, he's not... playing games wit your emotions," sighed the other as he rested his head on his closed fist, tiredly watching Felix leave and smiled faintly at how lucky he felt his brother was in that moment, to have a guy genuinely like him without needing to doubt it. "...You deserve it, you know? A handsome guy like Felix liking you. It's cute."

"So you'd rather just stew in silence when you could talk it out? Gabe, that's... bad," Cain insisted as he took a sip of his water. Looking towards the window, he cleared his throat in attempt to lighten the mood.

"... who knows? He says he isn't doing it to play games but who knows? This is the same guy who beat us up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy but... I dunno," he grumbled quietly, a small frown on his lips. "Maybe we just weren't meant to be with people."

"Maybe," he agreed instantly, mostly because the evidence he had at hand did lean towards that assertion. He had this thing with Tyrone that really wasn't working out, and while Felix seemed genuine, he couldn't deny that there was a possibility it was a horrible game for him to get some enjoyment out of. He'd bullied them for months - it seemed logical that this was just another moment of cruelty, albeit emotional rather than physical.

"...What if we get to the cult and they won't let us leave? What if they realise who we are? I mean, aren't we kinda important to them or... or something? I dunno, I don't understand it much. It's kinda scary-- I-I am taking it seriously! I just... it scares me but I still wanna do this. It's... important."

"We'll have to kill him, Gabriel," he replied quietly, his eyes darting to Felix warily. Unlike Gabriel, Cain had known about the horrible things that their father had done and had no problem admitting and following through with his plans. Gabriel, on the other hand, was oblivious to the whole idea. Growing stiff in his chair, Cain carefully rummaged through his bag for cash to at least seem calm.

"We'll talk to them first, of course. I mean, I don't know how big this thing has gotten but I know that there are members in Canada - that's pretty far. I just... we'll try to convince them to leave us alone and if they don't, We'll have to kill them. You... I won't let you do it, though. I know that would upset you."

"What, so I just let you kill them a-and take that pressure on all by yourself? No way! I'll... help, okay? Hey, I'm tough. Remember that kid's ear I ripped off when we were kids? I know that's not something to be proud of, but it's... it's at least evidence I can h-help, I'm not useless--"

"They don't do waffles, it's a fucking outrage. I wanted waffles with ice cream, y'know?" Grunted Felix as he flopped back down to the booth, unintentionally interrupting the twins' conversation as he sat back and smiled casually to the two. "Tyrone not back yet? Look, he's sulking, so... he'll come back, apologise and it'll get back to normal, 'kay?"

"... yeah," came Cain's quiet response as he tried to subtly wipe away watery eyes. He wasn't made of stone. Sure, he had hardened to the idea of him killing someone, but his brother? The same person who was ready to change his personality over a boy?

"That's unfortunate, I'm sure there's another diner out west that has that. If I've learned anything from moving so much it's that all diners in America are exactly the same," he reassured quickly before taking a sip of water, his eyes avoiding both boys intentionally.

"...We have hayfever," blurted Gabriel suddenly, taking note of his brother's unsubtle tears and, while Felix hadn't actually mentioned them, he felt he ought to explain their appearance before he became concerned. "I mean... Cain gets it real bad, you know?"

"It's, like, fucking Winter. You get hayfever in the Winter?" Felix questioned with an arched brow, though he wasn't going to question it further than that. "Fuck, that's unlucky-- do you have any of those allergy pills? 'Cos you're gonna annoy me if you spend the next few hours sneezing and sniffling, dude."

Shooting Gabriel a look of a mix of horror and confusion. Once processing the other's attempt at an alibi, he offered a smile at them both and nodded quickly, sniffling once again.

"It, uh... it comes in waves," he reassured lightly as he wiped his nose in a napkin. Grabbing a handful more, he shoved them in his pocket triumphantly. "It might not even be hay fever, it could be a cold, right? Those happen in winter," he emphasized, his eyes locked on his brother.

It was precisely moments like these that made Gabriel feel... stupid. He knew his brother wasn't calling him dumb or a liability or anything like that, but he constantly felt like a burden to him. He felt like he was always saying the wrong thing, doing something silly, and this felt like just another example where his efforts to help went down in flames and he just made a simple situation all the more difficult.

"Yeah, probably... just a cold, we get those a lot too," he meekly smiled, shrugging to himself as he absently poked at the share of fries he was handed. "...We're pretty ill all the time. We have awful immune systems, r-really. It's strange, 'cos our Mom's never sick. Like, she didn't even get morning sickness with us, she's super healthy like that."

"She's a tough cookie," Cain agreed quietly as he carefully pushed his half-finished plate away to hold his stomach, clearly a bit queasy himself from the sudden realization of stress. He'd get it to go, of course, but he wasn't going to force down the food and regret it later by vomiting it all up. "So, I'll pay. Do you guys want coffee-"

"Jesus, can we just go?" Came Tyrone as he ran his hands through the top of his head, grunting quietly. "I just want to get out of here and start heading out, okay?" He insisted, his neck cracking wearily. "This place has a weird smell and I just want to get this done."

"...No, we can't go. I'm not finished yet, neither is Felix, and... and you're not GOD, Tyrone! What y-you say doesn't mean more than what I say, or what I want, so... so shut up and sit i-in the car if you don't like the smell or the vibe-- which I find ridiculous, g-given you're always smoking that horrible 'weed' stuff and that smells disgusting," blurted Gabriel again. His irritation that led to the outburst as a direct result of the insecurity he felt. He felt stupid and useless and a whole lot of other things right now, so Tyrone and his nonsense little moans were the least of his worries. He was too irritated with himself to even indulge the boy he fancied for a few seconds with simpering smiles and desperation to please him. Refreshingly, he didn't give a shit about that right now.

"Who the hell said I was 'God'? I'm done, Cain is done, Felix is done, it's just you. I don't think it's ridiculous to want to head out so we can finish this whole cult shit, is it?" He replied simply, though the crinkle in his nose was a big indicator of his surprise by the strong response. "Can't you just get it to go, or does this lovely diner just warm your heart?"

"Tyrone, stop..." Cain insisted, his own tone growing strong as he stared up at the older man, his face blank. "We aren't in a rush, so sit down or go to the car. Gabriel can eat as fast as he wants, he's my brother and this isn't your trip. We leave when we all want to leave. That being said, either sit your ass down or go away."

"...I won't be long, I just want to finish this up. I can't drink my milkshake in the car, or I'll be sick, so unless you... want me to vomit everywhere, just be patient. I think you can wait," he added, smiling quietly to himself before the subtlety he'd tried to execute failed completely, leaving him happily grinning at both his confident outburst, and his brother's protection. It felt... well, good to have his support and, given everything that had happened recently, it did just feel like they were brothers again, and acting like such.

"Just... sit down, why are you fussing? Are you, like, seriously trying to alienate yourself 'cos, dude, you ain't acting very nicely," muttered Felix, though his tone lacked anger - it was concerned and worried more than anything. "You alright?"

"That's a loaded question, Felix," Tyrone replied with a dry laugh before grabbing his coat from the booth, tugging it on. "Look, I'm heading to the car. You guys can enjoy your cutesy little milkshakes, I'll leave as to not ruin the scene," he drawled sarcastically before grabbing his back and push out the 50's style door, grumbling. Watching the scene, Cain nervously glanced at Felix.

"... It's fine," he tried to reassure, though even he couldn't believe his own words.