4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Magitech.jpg
-----------------------------
The Magitech Academy - founded in the midst of the millennium war, it continues to be the bastion of learning for those with the a spark even a century after the war has ended. Four years of training, learning how to use one's powers, and working with your team to hunt low-level threats. At the end of those years, the team graduates and becomes now a hunter squad, taking down the higher level Technomatics that tear through portals and threaten life. Every child is tested by an orb containing Zolanite - a crystal named after the first hero of the millennium war - at the end of high school. Should the crystal inside glow when the orb is touched, then the child has a spark and is instantly eligible for the academy. While one technically has a choice in if they attend or not, enough people who refused ended up as criminals of renown - thus, refusing often marks the child with a stigma that the academy has been unable to squelch despite its efforts.

Every year, a handful of new students are brought to the academy from the mainland metropolises, taken on high-speed monorail trains. Once they arrive, they are brought to the giant main building on the enormous academy campus within the nation of the academy. They are treated to a feast along with all the other students before being sent off to their dorms to meet their new team. Each dorm is made of one large living area, complete with entertainment and kitchen - attached is a single-occupancy bedroom for each student. This is where they will live for the next four years, with their teams, as they learn...
----------------------------​
Bathum groaned a little as he stepped into the dorm that he had been assigned. It didn't seem as if anyone was here yet, so he decided to take his two suitcases and backpack of luggage over towards the room closest to the kitchen. He'd always been an early riser, and was quite willing to take kitchen duty for their team meals. With his items placed inside on the bed, he strode out to examine their accommodations.

They had a kitchen that was fully-stocked with appliances and food, and the team was given a stipend to use on supplies in the various stores within the city on campus. As well, there was a dining area, a living space complete with some tables and a television, and other things that would be considered necessary for modern life. The only thing that it didn't have was a bathroom - this was because each team member had their own bathroom connected to their bedroom.

With the room surveyed, Bathum took out his art book and went to the kitchen, deciding to use a page to list what ingredients they had at the moment so he could make meal plans. Though he wouldn't decide fully yet, as he had to figure out if any of the team had allergies...

Di had taken her time to explore the exterior of the dorms before finally deciding to head indoors. Making her way through the complex she finally settled on a door. Looking down at the slip of paper she had she looked up at the door once more before slowly pushing it open. The room was quaint, yet far more than Di was used to. She had to make do with the bare essentials and now she entered a room fully decked out in appliances as well as a person she didn't recognize. Di hesitated for a second before pressing onwards into the room. "Hello." Di spoke up before looking to the doors leading to the rooms.

"Im going to uhm.. take care of my things." Di spoke up though she only carried a single bag with her. Walking through the dorm she was ever so slightly overwhelmed with the amount of things she had at her disposal now. Pushing herself through the mental hurdles she pulled the door to one of the rooms open and stepped inside. "We even have our own rooms?" Di could be heard saying from within the dorm. She then turned and shut the door quickly before turning back to the furnished room. She had a bed but slept with several other people in the same large dormitory. The fact that she had a level of privacy was astounding to her.

Di unpacked her modest belongings before stowing them away where she could. Taking a seat on the bed she bounced on it a few times before sprawling out ontop of the covers. It was a wash of relief knowing she had a place to herself. The thought however drifted to the other in the dorm when she arrived. Getting up she opened her door up and looked into the kitchen. "Ill be in here if you need me. I like this bed." Di chided out alittle oddly.​

"♫The feelings deep inside of me
The Spark of black that I seem to love
We can get a little crazy just for fun, just for fun
Don't even try to hold it back, just let go-♫
"

A young woman of long scarlet hair walked through the front door, bright red headphones over her ears as she entered the room with two large military-style duffle bags hanging on both shoulders as well as a sports duffle bag hanging across her body like a messenger bag. It seemed like a lot of luggage for one girl, but, well, there were a lot of things that Solara didn't want to leave home without. Like her laptop, her game consoles, her games, her gaming headphones, her other gaming accessories...

She walked in and shut the door behind her. Solara saw a flash of blue in the corner of her eye, noticing one of her teammates. He looked taller than her with light blue hair and yellow eyes. Seemed friendly.

She moved the headphones for a moment.

"Hi, I'm Solara. These bags are heavy so we'll talk later, okay?"

With that, she put the headphones back on and moved to one of the unclaimed rooms, this one next to Di's. She didn't stop singing despite the fact she knew people could be listening. Solara just didn't seem to have any shame or fear of embarrassment.

"Hold my hands above my head
And push my face into the bed
'Cause I'm a screamer, baby make me a mute"

Solara entered the empty room and threw her duffel bags on the bed, beginning to unpack.

Last edited:
"Yo peeps whats good!?" A shout came from the door as it roughly slammed open. "Finally found the place, man they just make this building look all the same. Must've barged in on three bunchs of folks before finding the place." The pink haired belligerent marched into the place like he owned it, one big carrying case of luggage slowly wheeling it'self behind him, a rather convenient but flagrant misuse of his spark.

"You chef, you getting to cookin' already? Hope your as good as the maid back home cause damn could she cook, course yea couldn't talk to her when she was, like a whirlwind that just wouldn't stop. Hell had to get outta her way or she'd flatten yea.

Uhh, which room am I? Ah fuck it, lets see." He started towards one of the doors before he was met with the sound of singing.

"Hold my hands above my head
And push my face into the bed
'Cause I'm a screamer, baby make me a mute"

He paused on hearing that from one of the doors. "...Well fuck somebody must be having a party already..." tentatively stepping back he went to the next one, turned the doorknob, gave it a light kick to bring it open and motioned the case to wheel it'self inside. Obviously not caring too much about the contents.

Now freshly "unpacked" he went ahead and began to flop himself down on the couch, stretch right out taking up the whole thing and promptly yawned.

"Yo chef, got any idea when dinner starts?" The young man asked brashly, seemingly already handing out nicknames to those present. He crossed his legs, resting his feet upon the arm rest as he laid his head upon the other. A picturesque display of a resting boorish youth who claims the couch as his domain. God knows how the others may think of him, or if the young man gives three parts of a damn. If what he said about walking in on three other groups was truthful, likely not.

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Bathum paused from his taking inventory when he heard the front door open. He glanced over and saw a woman he would probably consider calling graceful. Deep blue eyes and white hair - he cocked his head at the color for a moment and came to the conclusion that it was white, not silver - and she carried herself a certain way. He offered her a smile and a nod when she spoke, letting her do as she desired. He was also able to hear her words, and he couldn't stop himself from chuckling while wondering where she came from, to be enamored by a single-person bedroom and the bed itself.

Next to come in, a few minutes later, was a rather striking woman with maroon hair and light red eyes. He blinked a little at her level of luggage and the way she sung, but nodded once more to her words and allowed her to be on her way. She seemed lively, and rather confident. With a smile he turned back to seeing what they had - it seemed like the essentials at least were all there.

After another few moments, Bathum actually jumped when there came a loud bang of the door being kicked open. He whirled around defensively, eyes falling on a guy with long pink hair and rather gilded clothes. He eyed the guy carefully as he walked in, glancing down and noting the luggage wheeling itself behind him. He frowned a little at some of these actions, though waited for the other to lay on the couch before he spoke up.

"Alright.. a few things." He said softly. "First, we just came from a feast so I'm not gonna make another set of dinner. If anything I might make some more dessert, but I'm mostly checking to see what we have so I can make breakfast. Second, please don't kick open doors. It's loud, rude, startling, and causes need for repairs that are unnecessary. And third..." He paused a moment. "Are you a mechromancer? Were you having your spirit move your luggage?" He asked finally, referencing the mote of light that would normally follow mechromancers around or be in a golem shell.

Shortly after the pink-haired teen entered the room, a white-haired one followed. Cole watched the interactions between everyone and sighed to himself. He didn't really want to be here. His mind kept drifting off to Anna, and he wondered what she was doing right now back on Hastell. He thought about going ice skating with her, about curling up by a roaring fireplace...and then was promptly interrupted from those thoughts by a girl singing some kind of BDSM song. It was catchy, but...damn.

Cole walked over to the sink and set down his duffel bag, opening a cabinet and taking out a glass. He then poured some water from the faucet into the glass and dipped his finger in. As he stirred the digit some of the water froze and he had a glass of ice water. He reequipped his duffel bag and nodded to everyone, raising his glass to them. "I'm good guys. Don't bother with extra snacks or anything. Had enough at the feast," He pulled his scarf down to show his face at last and took a sip and crunched on a chunk of ice. "I'll...hang out and do whatever. Guess tomorrow they're gonna have us jump through hoops."

He sighed to himself and went to his selected room, tossed his bag on the bed, and went back to the living room, throwing himself across a chair beside the couch and lying back, head on one armrest and feet dangling over the other. "Hm...this is a good seat. Maybe I'll just sleep here." He popped open an eye and looked back at everyone. "So what're we all doin' now, anyway?"

Last edited:
"Oh my god there is even a bathroom! My own bathroom!" Di chirped out rather loudly as if her whole world was shook. That was when she finally caught the noise of singing. The words rang through her head and the meaning of them made her blush. She stayed in the room for a moment longer before taking a step out and looking around as more people began to stream into their dorm. Take a step out she heard the words food and snacks. "I wouldn't mind something to eat. Im actually quite hungry." Di chided out before looking back at the girl still singing in her room.

Turning her attention to the bunch in front of her she saw that the couch was occupied by someone sprawled all over it. She looked him over and began to connect the voice talking about a maid to a face. The guy in the chair seemed alittle more mild mannered but her eyes snapped back to the Bathum as he talked about not making more food. "Ah, okay well I would like a snack." Di spoke up as she slipped behind Bathum and began to sort through all the cabinets.​

"Woah, hey? You're hungry? We just ate a a feast though.." Bathum groaned a little and rubbed the back of his head. "Look, I'll make you guys something then. But I can't work in here with everyone else." He said, shaking his head a little as he tried to get Di out of the kitchen. "But I need to figure out what we have, so please don't take anything yet."

With that said, he would wait for Di to (hopefully) leave the kitchen before finalizing his list. "Alright. We have some essentials for now at least." He looked up. "What do you guys want for snacks?" Though as he waited for answers, he would look over to the white-haired boy.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they start us off fast. Get us using our gifts quickly, and then training in what we can actually do..." He rubbed the back of his head. "Though I would hope they give us at least some free time. I need to stock this place up so I can make us our meals. We have enough for about three days, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks included."

After another pause, he blushed. "I'm Bathum, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
"Considering that there's no actual threat, they better start us off slow," Cole said in response to Bathum's thoughts on when they'd start. He folded his arms and took another drink of ice water. "Bathum, right? You really gonna take this seriously? The Technos haven't been a threat for a hundred years. Wouldn't put money on it changing anytime soon. Bet there's some kind of complicated tax scheme involved or something. But hey, at least we get free college out of it."

Last edited:
"So, I am still hungry.. Erm.. fine." Di grumbled out before she felt Bathum shush her out of the kitchen. Walking over and onto the carpet she seemed to pace around for a second before finally taking a seat and laying down on the floor. Di put her arms out and stretched, arching her back before letting out a yawn. "For the record, I didn't eat much at the feast. But I wont touch your area." Di said in reference to Bathum pretty much laying claim to the kitchen.

"As for training, I hope it starts soon. I don't want to be sitting around alot. Though, with a bed to myself I don't mind just sleep for several days in a row. I might even go to take a short nap as it stands. But, I guess introductions are in order. Im Di Corbeau, nothing special about me. Though by the way some of you came in I feel the opposite applies to some of you. Whats it like having to carry so much around all the time? It has to be to awful carrying around literally half your house whenever you leave to go somewhere. Like a chore... kinda... annoying?" Di spoke.​

< @Quiet One >
"No threat?" Bathum asked, raising his eyebrow critically at the other who had neglected to introduce himself. "I don't know where you'd been living, but the Technomatics have never disappeared. They tear open portals, stalk the countryside, and hunt those with Sparks. Do you call that no threat?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "We've never stopped needing hunters. And your disregard of that fact is an affront to those who lost and continue to lose out lives for out safety."

At that point, a woman introducing herself as Di spoke up. He cocked his head at her questions, and shook his head. "I only brought what I needed from home. I don't tend to walk around with luggage." As he said that, he turned to start making something. "I'll make us some maple cookies, okay?"

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf
"Never happened in Hastell," Cole replied coldly. "You got a personal story, and I'll apologize and actually give this hunter thing a serious thought. But where I'm from, all the academy's done is warp people's mentality into fear for something no one's ever seen. I got no choice but to be here, because if I ignore my elemancy and try to live a normal life - well, I'll never get to live a normal life. Something I've never seen - that might as well not exist - is keeping me from the people I care about.

"That's what I came in here thinking. That's the knowledge I walked in with."
He stared back at Bathum and the ambient area around him grew colder. "Have you actually seen one? Have any of you? I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm speaking from a place where this might as well be a myth. If there's a reason for me to care, if there's a reason for me to do more than just go through the motions, then I will."

Solara had been just about to start setting up her electronics when she heard what was possibly the loudest introduction pierce through the music of her headphones. She removed them, listening closely to hear that someone- male- was asking about dinner...

When was dinner? Solara could go for a bite... She slept halfway through the feast due to food coma, so it wasn't odd that her stomach was demanding food.

A growing girl needed her vitamins.

She put the song on pause and let her headphones rest around her neck. Solara opened the door a bit and peeked outside, seeing more and more individuals come in.

One was a pink haired boy whom she could guess was the loud one. He was strong in stature and seemed to have a little glowy mote friend helping him with his luggage. That must've been his Spark. Hopefully he named the mote Sparky or that would be a huge waste of potential.

The other person to come in was a white haired boy who seemed to be pretty relaxed. She couldn't tell much else about him.

Then there was Bathroom girl, another white haired individual that may or may not be the other white haired person's sister. She seemed nice, maybe she had a lot of siblings or was poor that she would be excited to have a bathroom all to herself.

They all seemed like nice people. They were all good looking too, so that was a plus.

Solara decided to leave her room and so she could at least introduce herself. If she was going to be with these people for the next few years then she should at least know their names.

Bathum had introduced himself. Neat.

Then Bathroom girl's name turned out to be Di. That'd be easy to remember.

"Hey, hey. Stop it." She told both Cole and Bathum. "Arguing is not going to help this team. If we can't get along, then we'll probably fail this free college and put lives at risk."

The last thing the team needed was to start fighting about something stupid.

"Oh, there were introductions, right? I'm Solara Zuval; Nice to meet you... When's food? My stomach is making rumblies."

"Yo yo! You got me i'm a mech- romancer. Master of mechanical romance! And- uhh, yo is anyone listening to me?" The room seemingly devolved into chatter and... Honestly he got quickly left behind.

Man.

"Yo! You guys! Quit- yo!" He was, still being kinda ignored. The girl who was singing earlier introduced herself, thankfully one person seems to be sane. "Alright! I'm Alistar! Lets all be friends and stay cool!

Fellahs, you can't be arguing when you got some gorgeous ladies infront of yea! Count our lucky stars lads."

"My whole life was spent learning about them, their internals, what made them 'tick' though thats still up for some levels of debate. To be honest I believe them to be a viable threat. As for seeing them? They always kept me locked up in the Monastery and I could never go out to deal with them when they showed up. I guess I can view that with sceptisism but I would like to believe that they exist." Di finished speaking before Solara came out and introduced herself.

Everything seemed to be calming in one way or another but a voice she hadn't heard in some time suddenly burst through and caught her attention. Introducing himself as Alistar he quickly made an impact on her as he bid the other to calm down as she and Solara were standing there and that they should be focused on them rather than fighting. The words bounced around in Di's head before she began to blush. "Ill be in my room for now. Uhm.. just yell for me." was all Di could manage to come up with before she began to try and slip away from the group.​

Bathum sighed as he continued to make some batter for the cookies. "Do I need to have seen one for them to be real?" he asked Cole. "My father is a hunter. He's seen his friends die fighting these monsters so that civilians don't die in his place. Me and my family lived in the metropolis so no, I have never seen one personally - and I'm just lucky my father always came back."

Though then the others came in and he sighed a little. He nodded his head to those who introduced themselves, and noted that the one who didn't want to be here hadn't done so yet. However, that was before he registered that Solara as well was hungry. "What? You- we- wha? We just had a- oh, whatever." he groaned. "Fine, I'll make something small as the cookies bake. But I'm going to say this now - you don't eat what I make when I make it? That's fine, but I'm not making something for you before next mealtime."

With that said, he set the dough into the oven and glanced over at Cole. "They're right, though. Arguing doesn't help anyone." he offered the other a smile and then set about grabbing some things from the fridge.

~~~~

As Di walked into her room again, she would find a very odd thing happening. Her window had been left open and it seemed like a fox had wandered into her room. It had been exploring her bed, and tossed her clothes around a little before she walked in. The silver-furred vulpine intruder looked over at Di, plodded over and rubbed against her legs before wandering into the main room.

~~~~

When the fox made it into the main room, it would prance around and sniff at everyone, rubbing against their legs a moment before to the next person. When it reached Cole, it bounced onto his lap and would look into his eyes before rubbing his legs and then jumping off, heading into the kitchen.

Bathum, looking over at the fox from the food he was making, blinked in surprise. First at the silver fur, his mind jumping back to one of his scholar mother's teaching about silver hair in humans. But more importantly, he was surprised there was a fox in the dorm. "Does... he belong to anyone?" he asked with the beast staring at him as if asking for food.

Cole gripped his glass tighter, making the water freeze even more in it. He held his tongue, though. He still didn't believe that the Technomatics were a large-scale threat. A nuisance perhaps, but not the sort of thing that needed armies. But that wasn't his biggest problem. The stigma was. He didn't ask for his Elemancy gift. He didn't hate it, far from it; excusing the pun, he thought what he could do was pretty cool. But he wasn't interested in fighting, and if you didn't jump at being a hunter, you were all but shunned. It was just wrong.

He shrugged and took another sip from his cold drink. "Guess I'll take a cookie or two." He nodded to Bathum. "I'm Cole, by the way."

Then he heard a scampering and looked to see a little silver-furred fox wandering around. This little fox reminded him of his own pet back home - Elsa - and he didn't hesitate giving the little guy a pet on the head before he jumped off and went to Bathum's feet. "Not mine. Elsa's bigger, and she's white instead of silver. Plus, Anna's taking care of her right now." He sighed. He missed his girls already.

Turning and walking into her room Di saw something had pulled her clothes from her open drawers and was not scuttling around underneath the pile. Staring at the scene for a moment the hair on the back of her neck stood up. This however completely changed as the fox came out from under her things. Di's eyes immediately went wide at the sight of the fox and her mind didn't go to fear, it went immediately to "Oh my god its a fox!" Di shouted before it bounded over to her and began to snif her up and down. It then rubbed up against her several times before making its way out and into the main part of the dorm.

She followed the fox out completely ignoring the fact that her room was partially trashed. Her mind was now wholely on the muderfuzz infront of her. She tried to come up behind it to pet it but it quickly began to introduce itself to all the others. She waited until it stopped before coming up and beginning to pet it. "If it doesn't belong to anyone, Ill be its surrogate mother." Di chided out. She then got onto her knees before sitting on the floor of the kitchen to play with the fox. Though, at the time it seemed more interested in food.​

Solara, seeing the fox, wasn't really as fond of it like everyone else. The first thing she did was go to her room and shut the door to keep the animal from going inside. A new person arrived, but she was honestly too busy with the random fox that wandered into their dorm. She looked to everyone then back at the animal.

"If we're keeping the fox then everyone who wants it here will have to read up on what the fox needs, the proper food, the care you'll have to provide, medication, vet visits, and purchase pretty much all of the products it needs. I'm not going to take care of it because that's effort... It also stays out of my room because I have a lot of wires; I don't want it chewing on them."

She told everyone. A part of her wondered if they were seriously considering taking the fox in. A dorm was hardly enough space for a fox to wander about, plus they'd have to take turns walking it... No thanks. Solara relinquished owner rights to that animal.

Bathum looked over to Solara and hummed in thought. "I wasn't sure if we were going to keep it. Could just be an animal that wandered in, and I don't know how the academy would want us to deal with that..." he paused, looking down at his feet at the fox while Di stroked it. "For now, though, if you want to take care of him, I guess that's your choice."

After about thirty more minutes, the cookies had baked and were cooling on a rack, though the less patient of their group would fine the maple cookies perfectly eatable as they are now. The chef/baker, in the meantime, was sitting down with a warm cookie on a plate.

"So.. I suppose we should get to know each other, huh?"